Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Chad didn't nominate Mat and Dan is a mystery. Together those two will pretty much determine most nominations and evictions. This should have been clear for a while now.
The previous week, Sophie had a chance to break up the duo but instead decided to settle a score with Casey. Had she gotten rid of either Dan or Mat, Casey would have been in a vulnerable position and be forced to side with her and Chad.
Not only Kieran, but also Sarah have always been easily persuaded despite their heroic claims that they hold the actual power and are playing their own game.

Now, by nominating Kieran instead of Dan, Chad has made the bottleneck even tighter. He REALLY seems to believe that the Duo will reward him for his stupidity.

Liked so much that they are willing to hand him $250k..... They think that Kieran is more of a threat than Daniel.. Do these people have any sense at all? lol

I was backing a Sarah win, but after last night I withdraw that.
I can see why Sophie wouldn't vote alone, but if Sarah had the sense to lock in her vote for Matt he'd be gone, evening up the odds for both of them and allowing them to boot Daniel next time.

I can see why Sophie wouldn't vote alone, but if Sarah had the sense to lock in her vote for Matt he'd be gone, evening up the odds for both of them and allowing them to boot Daniel next time.
The problem is that Sarah is habitually the underdog and as such will always latch on to the seemingly strongest. No amount of thinking and speculating will overcome this survival instinct.

Seriously. Sarah could have made several, far superior, resume orientated moves :
  • Said to "Kieran" - let's do a final 3, herself - Kieran & Sophie. Then told Sophie she would 100% vote with her if she voted Mat, and takes her to the final 3 with her.
  • Said to "Sophie", ok let's do final 3, and made sure Sophie agrees. Ok, you want Mat, let's go for a final 3 with Chad. So Kieran next. This would be an easy path since they all seem to want Kieran out like there's no tomorrow.
What she has done, and I assume her thinking is, that she will be the swing vote in the next vote, and assuming that each group will be coming to her to take the other out. She seems to have missed that Chad is basically bro'd up to Dan and Mat so deep his blinkers are on. There is no chance she is going to win the next challenge, but she still really seems certain that her (weak) strategy is gonna work for her. That was a bad move and doesn't make her look good, regardless if the Australian public are going to be voting on strategy or likability. In addition, her decision secures her "pretty annoying" screen time.

Thankfully that annoying screen time will result in her likely being sent to the white room with Kieran.

That brings me to another point. Most Big Brother viewers, probably haven't been watching Survivor. Thus the whole 'strategy' format of this new season is almost irrelevant to the voting public. The public are more likely to be voting on likability than strategic play. A jury vote often tends to insure a blend of all these things, but this vote is being put into the voting public's hands, which will more than likely completely disregard strategy and favor looks / personality. Thus I would argue that having a little strategy to get yourself screen-time, but coming across as likable is preferable.

I have noticed Daniel covering his tracks when he has made nasty comments about Kieran, for example saying that maybe they themselves are the fools, so he is not doing terrible in terms of self awareness of how he might be edited in.

Seriously. Sarah could have made several, far superior, resume orientated moves :
  • Said to "Kieran" - let's do a final 3, herself - Kieran & Sophie. Then told Sophie she would 100% vote with her if she voted Mat, and takes her to the final 3 with her.
  • Said to "Sophie", ok let's do final 3, and made sure Sophie agrees. Ok, you want Mat, let's go for a final 3 with Chad. So Kieran next. This would be an easy path since they all seem to want Kieran out like there's no tomorrow.
What she has done, and I assume her thinking is, that she will be the swing vote in the next vote, and assuming that each group will be coming to her to take the other out. She seems to have missed that Chad is basically bro'd up to Dan and Mat so deep his blinkers are on. There is no chance she is going to win the next challenge, but she still really seems certain that her (weak) strategy is gonna work for her. That was a bad move and doesn't make her look good, regardless if the Australian public are going to be voting on strategy or likability. In addition, her decision secures her "pretty annoying" screen time.

Thankfully that annoying screen time will result in her likely being sent to the white room with Kieran.

That brings me to another point. Most Big Brother viewers, probably haven't been watching Survivor. Thus the whole 'strategy' format of this new season is almost irrelevant to the voting public. The public are more likely to be voting on likability than strategic play. A jury vote often tends to insure a blend of all these things, but this vote is being put into the voting public's hands, which will more than likely completely disregard strategy and favor looks / personality. Thus I would argue that having a little strategy to get yourself screen-time, but coming across as likable is preferable.

I have noticed Daniel covering his tracks when he has made nasty comments about Kieran, for example saying that maybe they themselves are the fools, so he is not doing terrible in terms of self awareness of how he might be edited in.

I don't think Daniel has said anything nasty about Kieran.

I don't think Daniel has said anything nasty about Kieran.

Dan to BB: "I don't think he's done anything to really warrant being here this long. I think his biggest threat still - and I've said it before - is that he's so nonthreatening."

Dan to Mat in the kitchen: "One of the best things I've ever heard. You know, we're not idiots. Can't be an idiot to come this far. I think you can."
Mat: *laughs* "I think you can"
Dan: "I think you definitely can."
Dan: *laughs. "Maybe we're the idiots".

This is evidently a swipe at Kieran, calling him an idiot, unless the edit is messing with us. He did, to his advantage, cover it up by saying "maybe we're the idiots".

In addition, their nickname for Kieran, "thick" is not understood by the Australian public since it was mentioned very quickly during the partner selection scene for the task last Tuesday.

Dan to BB: "I don't think he's done anything to really warrant being here this long. I think his biggest threat still - and I've said it before - is that he's so nonthreatening."

Dan to Mat in the kitchen: "One of the best things I've ever heard. You know, we're not idiots. Can't be an idiot to come this far. I think you can."
Mat: *laughs* "I think you can"
Dan: "I think you definitely can."
Dan: *laughs. "Maybe we're the idiots".

This is evidently a swipe at Kieran, calling him an idiot, unless the edit is messing with us. He did, to his advantage, cover it up by saying "maybe we're the idiots".

Lol, that's not nasty at all.

Lol, that's not nasty at all.
It is a pretty bad look for them, regardless. Still looks like they are vilifying and gloating. I added (edited) onto the post above as well that they are calling him "Thick", which was not explained clearly on the show, it was explained in such a fleeting way without showing actual footage of that (done on the cheap), thus a lot of the Australian public (as evidenced by how many people on this forum) still thinking they are calling him "thick" to ridicule him. They are coming across on TV as bullies.

It is a pretty bad look for them, regardless. Still looks like they are vilifying and gloating. I added (edited) onto the post above as well that they are calling him "Thick", which was not explained clearly on the show, it was explained in such a fleeting way without showing actual footage of that (done on the cheap), thus a lot of the Australian public (as evidenced by how many people on this forum) still thinking they are calling him "thick" to ridicule him. They are coming across on TV as bullies.

I know some on this forum like to paint Daniel as the literal reincarnation of Hitler, but to me him and Mat are just two ordinary people who find some of Kieran's habits annoying. And it's clear that the rest of the house does too.

Thinking that what Daniel and Mat are doing is bullying is an insult to the real victims of bullying imo.

Episode 16

Mat (0)

Kieren (3)

Dan (Mat's his best mate, can't blindside him)
Sophie (Made an alliance with Mat, and going against that would go against everything she stands for)
Sarah (Can't see herself working with Kieren, his strategy doesn't align with hers)

From the votes, it seems like Sarah had no choice in the votes. Sophie seems like she's really solid with Mat.

Makes me think that the talk in the bathroom was either setup, or the editing is straight-up lying to us.

I know some on this forum like to paint Daniel as the literal reincarnation of Hitler, but to me him and Mat are just two ordinary people who find some of Kieran's habits annoying. And it's clear that the rest of the house does too.

Thinking that what Daniel and Mat are doing is bullying is an insult to the real victims of bullying imo.
If it's not 'bullying' - what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back