Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s partly driven by a need for the three commercial networks to compete for a just few million viewers to return profits. I don’t know much about BB around the world, but given Australia is quite a small market by many global comparisons, narrower audience segmentation and targeting might not be as viable to deliver the numbers advertisers need to reach a good proportion of their target audience - even across platforms. The ‘all things to all people’ crap cookie cutter wins out.
To me in a smaller market it makes even less sense to go after essentially the same audience in the same slot. Complementary scheduling is what all programmes should be doing - bringing in an audience not served by the other networks. In the UK similar shows would usually be scheduled to avoid each other, therefore maximising the potential audience for that show.

To me in a smaller market it makes even less sense to go after essentially the same audience in the same slot. Complementary scheduling is what all programmes should be doing - bringing in an audience not served by the other networks. In the UK similar shows would usually be scheduled to avoid each other, therefore maximising the potential audience for that show.

Unfortunately here networks just copy what’s popular on the other channels.

Out of interest how much money would a failed AFL player like Daniel have likely made in his so called career?

As far as I understand it, actually not that much. You only make the big bucks if you play a lot of games and perform well. Daniel did neither of those things.

However, the Australian media landscape is still very much set up for sports celebrities to be placed in lucrative roles after their sporting careers. The blokey sports guys just get the gigs, or advertising endorsements etc.

Big Brother will most certainly propel Daniel into something in that general area. Much like how Ryan Fitzgerald in 2004 basically went from Big Brother evictee to radio presenter overnight.

Daniel's move into media has been in the works for a little while already. For example:

At the very least, he'll appear in an advertising campaign for a betting agency.

With there only being 5 housemates remaining in the house (Not including Kieran in the white room), How do you think the remaining challenges will be? Winner becomes safe and the remaining 4 housemates vote among themselves?

You're giving Australia too much credit. We're still mostly just dumb redneck convicts. I mean have you seen Married at First Sight? It is insanely popular here and even Americans hate it.

Also Channel 7 is close to bankruptcy so they will never experiment, only copy other channels to try and survive.

With there only being 5 housemates remaining in the house (Not including Kieran in the white room), How do you think the remaining challenges will be? Winner becomes safe and the remaining 4 housemates vote among themselves?

Tomorrow another person will join Kieran in the white room. One person will return from the white room on Wednesday while the other person will go home after taking a cash offer from BB.

You're giving Australia too much credit. We're still mostly just dumb redneck convicts. I mean have you seen Married at First Sight? It is insanely popular here and even Americans hate it.

Also Channel 7 is close to bankruptcy so they will never experiment, only copy other channels to try and survive.
It's been a pandemic purchase buy by E4 over here - I've avoided it like a bargepole. Strangely our version is still going too - that runs to four episodes a series.

Okay, so serious note - I don't understand how a professional production company can legitimately distribute a show so poorly edited like this and think it's passable. The audio cuts are not even subtle. At all.
Can anyone do a few clips please for those of us who just can't be arsed watching anymore?

It's been a pandemic purchase buy by E4 over here - I've avoided it like a bargepole. Strangely our version is still going too - that runs to four episodes a series.

It actually originated in Denmark and surprisingly has 13 other versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back