Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it was a creative and harmless prank, then that's fine... but don't complain one hour later saying he's wasting away in the house and he's always hungry. He literally just wasted that food to p*** off Kieran, when he could have ate it and not spent his time in the house whinging about being hungry! He just acted like a spoilt brat.

He was obviously joking.

Looked like it was just sauces, mayo, vegemite, a can of spam and a handful of oats. Hardly a shit ton

The larger point is that it's hypocritical to be wasting food from a luxury shopping budget and then complain about how much weight you're losing and be resentful towards other people winning food prizes. You can't spend your time in the house complaining about being on rations and the food supply, and then the second you win a luxury shopping budget go ahead and waste the food just to be spiteful towards someone.

This whole final 5 suck to be honest, very disappointing end result. This is why the outside viewers should always vote on which players to keep in the house, I know the viewer vote format isn’t perfect, but it works better than what we have now.

Last edited:
This whole final 5 suck to be honest, very disappointing end result. This is why the outside viewers should always vote on which players to keep in the house, I know the viewer vote format isn’t perfect, but it works better than what we have now.
Unlikely to happen in the location of the current house. Since the land around it is all public, thus impossible logistically I would say.

To me in a smaller market it makes even less sense to go after essentially the same audience in the same slot. Complementary scheduling is what all programmes should be doing - bringing in an audience not served by the other networks. In the UK similar shows would usually be scheduled to avoid each other, therefore maximising the potential audience for that show.
I see your point re: strategy. It must be hard to get beyond breakeven with low volume when competition (inc. STV) and saturation are high.

If 7/9/10’s primary channels account for around 50-65% of each of their total network viewer share, I wonder if the secondary channels are profitable with very small numbers, or if some are ‘loss leaders’ to keep networks in the viewer share and demo’s game.... Like Ch10 catching up with its new under-40 channel. Local production costs of say $20m a show wouldn’t seem an option for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back