Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some on this forum like to paint Daniel as the literal reincarnation of Hitler, but to me him and Mat are just two ordinary people who find some of Kieran's habits annoying. And it's clear that the rest of the house does too.

Thinking that what Daniel and Mat are doing is bullying is an insult to the real victims of bullying imo.
I think we see Dan as a racist who was head honcho in getting rid of the people of colour, and presided over keeping the white blokey blokes and their immediate followers at the top of the game. This could be compared to a sort of ethnic cleansing or whitewashing in the Big Brother house.

His lip quivers and he scoffs when things don't go his way, which showed us his distinct lack of maturity and depth of character. He is also really boring and has not had that much of an edit showing any charm and charisma that I could see. Sure he has a voice and he has a presence, being 6 ft 4 or whatever, but that doesn't automatically make him charming. In general, I just find him unremarkable and plain, perhaps lacking in empathy; he is far from a role-model for young people.

I think we see Dan as a racist who was head honcho in getting rid of the people of colour, and presided over keeping the white blokey blokes and their immediate followers at the top of the game. This could be compared to a sort of ethnic cleansing or whitewashing in the Big Brother house.

His lip quivers and he scoffs when things don't go his way, which showed us his distinct lack of maturity and depth of character. He is also really boring and has not had that much of an edit showing any charm and charisma that I could see. Sure he has a voice and he has a presence, being 6 ft 4 or whatever, but that doesn't automatically make him charming. In general, I just find him unremarkable and plain, perhaps lacking in empathy; he is far from a role-model for young people.
I just don't buy into that, the same could be said about Sophie who voted for a POC every chance she got and even had that massive tantrum when she failed the task by telling Chad about the 12km thing, therefore showing she hates it when things don't go her way. Chad also voted for a POC every opportunity he got besides 1 eviction. So you can not solely blame Dan for removing all POC.

No, it couldn't be compared to ethnic cleansing and tbh it's very offensive that you used the term in the first place. As is labelling a housemate a racist without any real proof.

... and tbh it's very offensive that you used the term in the first place. As is labelling a housemate a racist without any real proof.

" I know some on this forum like to paint Daniel as the literal reincarnation of Hitler" ...kettle... black?

I just don't buy into that, the same could be said about Sophie who voted for a POC every chance she got and even had that massive tantrum when she failed the task by telling Chad about the 12km thing, therefore showing she hates it when things don't go her way. Chad also voted for a POC every opportunity he got besides 1 eviction. So you can not solely blame Dan for removing all POC.
No, it couldn't be compared to ethnic cleansing and tbh it's very offensive that you used the term in the first place. As is labelling a housemate a racist without any real proof.
Yes that is a strong term in the context and I apologize, I was describing the apparent white washing of the house in a term that was out of line and inappropriate.

Dan appears as the head honcho that is instrumental in removing people that are unlike him, and maintaining a stereotype household of blokey blokes that you can find in any pub down the road - that isn't overly enthralling for most viewers. That's probably why producers were getting so desperate for content and someone leaked that the cast was disappointing, if that is true.

There's no proof of him or those in the early circles involved in those votes being racist, of course, but when people of colour were voted out at every available opportunity it gives off a vibe that they're unwilling to work with others with different cultural backgrounds. That's the general vibe that came from the early days on the show and kind of the vibe that lingers.

That said, we only see what the edit wants to show us so we don't even really have the foggiest who anyone is in the house. A lot of what we are seeing is scripted activities and we only see few unplanned scenes here and there where production feels the dialogue is relevant to the narrative they want to portray and somebody happened to be pressing record.
Personally, I feel like we will have to get a really positive retrospect of Daniel's time in the house to get people voting for him, and I'm curious to see how they will put that together.

Last edited:
There's something about the way Dan, Him and others like Casey act(ed) around nominations and evictions. They're incredibly self-entitled, arrogant and don't see how hypocritical they are.

It's quite gross.

You would deservedly be arrogant too if you were part of the glorious alpha alliance!

There's something about the way Dan, Him and others like Casey act(ed) around nominations and evictions. They're incredibly self-entitled, arrogant and don't see how hypocritical they are.

It's quite gross.
This is exactly Angela what Angela was like, but yet people were fine for her to behave like it. Sophie is a bit like it as well

Watching the episode now and oh my god Daniel sucks. You can't be upset and bitter at others getting food rewards and complain about how much weight you're losing when you *literally* just wasted a shit ton of food just to fuck with Kieran. Like, you can't get jealous of other people's food when you're actively creating an environment where food is seen as wasteful and disposable.

Last edited:
I thought the dirtying of the dishes was a rather creative and harmless prank from the good ol alpha alliance.
Well if it was a creative and harmless prank, then that's fine... but don't complain one hour later saying he's wasting away in the house and he's always hungry. He literally just wasted that food to p*** off Kieran, when he could have ate it and not spent his time in the house whinging about being hungry! He just acted like a spoilt brat.

Watching the episode now and oh my god Daniel sucks. You can't be upset and bitter at others getting food rewards and complain about how much weight you're losing when you *literally* just wasted a shit ton of food just to fuck with Kieran. Like, you can't get jealous of other people's food when you're actively creating an environment were food is seen as wasteful and disposable.
Here, here! 👏👏👏👏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back