Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a source for this?
More my own personal theory coupled along with the comments from Marissa about the final 3. If the white room is the same as 2007 in the UK, two people will stay in there until one of them hits the buzzer in order to win a cash prize (50k) but along with this they must also leave the competition, the person who doesn't take the money gets automatic entry into the finale. This is where I think Sarah and Kieran are the ones to get put in, Sarah takes the money, and to couple with Marissa's comments, Kieran goes to the finale. While these two are locked in that room for a long period of time, the power couples compete in the water challenge for probably nomination. Could be completely wrong but it doesn't sound too far fetched.

More my own personal theory coupled along with the comments from Marissa about the final 3. If the white room is the same as 2007 in the UK, two people will stay in there until one of them hits the buzzer in order to win a cash prize (50k) but along with this they must also leave the competition, the person who doesn't take the money gets automatic entry into the finale. This is where I think Sarah and Kieran are the ones to get put in, Sarah takes the money, and to couple with Marissa's comments, Kieran goes to the finale. While these two are locked in that room for a long period of time, the power couples compete in the water challenge for probably nomination. Could be completely wrong but it doesn't sound too far fetched.

I am just not sure they would give away that much prize money. BB AU was the first to do the white room twist in 2007 and the person who eventually pressed the button and went home only got $750.

But Keiran being in the finale through a BB twist makes sense.

I am just not sure they would give away that much prize money. BB AU was the first to do the white room twist in 2007 and the person who eventually pressed the button and went home only got $750.

But Keiran being in the finale through a BB twist makes sense.
Yeah maybe it won't be 50k, who knows though since this BB seems to be a lot nicer than the others. I still think Sarah takes some sort of cash and leaves.

I would be weary about interpreting this as undeniable evidence:

“I think you’d be surprised,” Marissa says, adding, “Big Brother always gives us twists and turns and I think Australia is going to be quite surprised who is going to be at the pointy end, so Kieran might be there [laughs].”

She also stated that Dan was having "ghost sex" with inanimate objects in the house.. So who knows y'know. Perhaps she is right. I'd only bet 50/50 on it at this point myself.

Also from this tweet we can see that there is only 1 bed in here and 1 pair of slippers, makes me think only 1 person will be sent in there at a time.

Two buzzers though. Perhaps the two HMs get "evicted" to go in there. First one to go in stays a night before being joined by the second "evictee". Then they face off in the cash prize buzzer challenge, with one of them returning to the game? Regaining that HM is the same as a non-eviction ep.

Two buzzers though. Perhaps the two HMs get "evicted" to go in there. First one to go in stays a night before being joined by the second "evictee". Then they face off in the cash prize buzzer challenge, with one of them returning to the game? Regaining that HM is the same as a non-eviction ep.

Also would explain the water chamber challenge and the other supposed challenge with 4 people in it.

My guess is that Kieran and Sarah will be sent to the white room and they will do the water chamber challenge while 6 are still in the house.

Also from this tweet we can see that there is only 1 bed in here and 1 pair of slippers, makes me think only 1 person will be sent in there at a time.

There are two beds in there, if you look at the preview video of the white room (either from the episode or one of the video tweets) you can clearly see two beds. One in front of the table with two chairs and the other on the opposite side of the buzzers.

It just gets worse. And to think I had high hopes for this new format and season, even with the hideous overexposure of Keiran on night one. I don't think I am going to like the finale!

I have zero expectation 7/Endemol/whoever will take any criticisms of the way they've arranged this season on board, or any suggestions for improvements in next season -- they didn't for about 45 years of MKR, just kept making the same show with seemingly the same contestants until it was ground in the dirt ratings-wise, and did the same the following year!

I’ve genuinely lost interest in this season as of 4-5 episodes ago. I know it’s essentially a different show to years past, but this may just go down as the worst produced season of BBAU yet. A lot of lost potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back