Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 16 Discussion (13 July)

Are you sad that Marissa, the oldest housemate, has been evicted from the BB house?

• Yes, She was amazing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, She was awful.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I heard from crew member that Sarah and Kieran go into the White Room and then Sarah lunges at Kieran in a fit of pure unbridled passion and that they have full naked uncensored sex On the floor and thereby Kieran FINALLY loses his virginity!... NAH!... just kidding... just wanted to spice things up that’s all... cheers.

Wider issue but I don't really buy the demo line from any of the Aussie networks when they all basically schedule the same type of shows in the same slots all year. This is how we've ended up with the mess they call Big Brother - shows are changed to fit the rutt the networks have got themselves in with essentially a cookie cutter mould of reality shows airing on all three networks all year.

In most other countries although Big Brother can air in variable slots it can be scheduled in a way which is much more targetted - later at night to get an adult audience, earlier for a family audience, in different slots against different competition, at different points of the year to have a different feeling (it very much trades as a "summer show" in the US).

The way Aussie TV has gone though it feels that whatever time of year and whatever network it's on it's the same almost throwaway product.
Maybe it’s partly driven by a need for the three commercial networks to compete for a just few million viewers to return profits. I don’t know much about BB around the world, but given Australia is quite a small market by many global comparisons, narrower audience segmentation and targeting might not be as viable to deliver the numbers advertisers need to reach a good proportion of their target audience - even across platforms. The ‘all things to all people’ crap cookie cutter wins out.
Oops. Maybe the wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back