Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 9 Discussion

Really. Some people need to get over the hate for others and just eat the popcorn.
Kat hasn't lied or been more sneaky than anyone else on the show so far as we've all seen.
Damn. I think I'll sit with Barry.

Missed the first 1/2hr due to work :( About to catchup on that now :)

In pairs, they race down and slide into mud. They have a trough to fill up with mud. Reward is Spa day.
@Rose711

*Those not in the mud, scrap it off those who are at the troughs.

Awesome - can't wait to see this

...have a group orgy to warm yourselves up... what is wrong with them?... sheesh!... they have no imagination!... ;):whistling::biggrin:cheers.

LOL - can't wait to see this - ummmmmmmmm - oops!

FUCK YEAH.

MY KATE <3 SCORES FIRST.

I Like Kate, she is a trooper. I remember the horrible accident she was in, over here in Perth. I hope Kate and my man Sam hook up ;)

This is hilarious

Loving it!

KATE SCORES AGAIN!

THE ULTIMATE VULVA.

The Ultimate!!!!! (Second to Sam)

Need Shazza
netball_narrowweb__200x311.jpg

HA HA HA

How many rounds are there??

WEDGIE ALERT.

Now to dack someone. :D

I saw them Wedgies - nasty tactics LOL

The mud challenge was the most homoerotic thing Ive seen on Survivor since the Marcus wardrobe malfunction on the US version. Rohan & Lee had some serious wedgie action going on, and I think Craig was pretty happy to have Sam in his vice-like grip for the duration. Quite a bit of groping going on all round, and some half-hearted apologies.

Yep Yep and Yep - LOL

So do we think Craig found the idol? The manic laughter used in the ad wasn't from tonight's episode, so maybe that's a spoiler/teaser for later?

I thought that Craig laughing was from the episode before this one? I watched a rerun today of Ep 8 and I am sure that manic laughter was in that Episode. Maybe?

And how AWESOME is Sam the Man!

Loving his Tatt, of the Web, for his Surname Webb :)

Ha! I'd love to see you forced into barracking for KAT.

...hahaha!... I'll be doing through gritted teeth believe me ... let's just consider it a personal challenge for me if timmydownawell gives it to me because nobody else wants her lol!...

Let's see if someone who missed a spot wants her first. Kat may well have nine lives. Or she may be gone tomorrow. making this entire conversation moot.

...yep!... no worries my friend... that's fair enough... that's why I said IF nobody else wants her lol!... (actually... looking back at my post I technically didn't say 'if'... I did a typo and it said 'of'')... lol!... yeah I know... I'm a nuff nuff!... cheers.

Well, ok, where to start.
So my sweepie Rohan was dumb enough not to play the idol on himself,
fully knowing its either him or his gf going home because they want to break
them up no matter what.
Second dumb move was for him to vote Kat, knowing it would get nowhere.
The best the two could do was a 2:2 with sue and him in tied second, and in
a revote - the vavau's would all pick him again anyhow.
So basically Rohan gave up his place for Phoeb's. Andrew looked particularly
angry that she had played the idol, and instantly became the new villain in tribal,
I guess villains attract each other in some opposite-polar-forces-magnet way.

We saw two well known challenges: the mud challenge and the tackle-ball challenge.
It seemed Vavau had all to prove but just gave up on the fifth round of the tackle-ball.
It was like everything had stood still, waiting for the winning throw into the hoop.
they could have rocked the platform, thrown water at him, but did nothing.

Kat has used her 8th life. It will be a battle between her and pheob's for the next
vote if they lose again. Two fight and the third wins - Kristie just might make it
to the merger with her social-yoga skills, contorting herself into a 6th Vavau.

Well, ok, where to start.
So my sweepie Rohan was dumb enough not to play the idol on himself,
fully knowing its either him or his gf going home because they want to break
them up no matter what.
Second dumb move was for him to vote Kat, knowing it would get nowhere.
The best the two could do was a 2:2 with sue and him in tied second, and in
a revote - the vavau's would all pick him again anyhow.
So basically Rohan gave up his place for Phoeb's. Andrew looked particularly
angry that she had played the idol, and instantly became the new villain in tribal,
I guess villains attract each other in some opposite-polar-forces-magnet way.

We saw two well known challenges: the mud challenge and the tackle-ball challenge.
It seemed Vavau had all to prove but just gave up on the fifth round of the tackle-ball.
It was like everything had stood still, waiting for the winning throw into the hoop.
they could have rocked the platform, thrown water at him, but did nothing.

Kat has used her 8th life. It will be a battle between her and pheob's for the next
vote if they lose again. Two fight and the third wins - Kristie just might make it
to the merger with her social-yoga skills, contorting herself into a 6th Vavau.
So I'm thinking that they didn't expect Rohan to give the idol to Phoebe? They certainly couldn't have been threatened by Rohan, who is basically guileless, and they need his strength. So the votes against Rohan were just out of spite from his former tribemates?

I think Phoebe is right that they put themselves on the bottom.

I seriously can not fathom the thinking. Maybe it's all emotional and reactive and not strategic?

Maybe someone can explain it to me. I do wonder if Rohan had bothered to vote with his ally- would they have kept Sue over a strong guy? Maybe they don't care if they lose challenges as they have a number of targets lined up to go- Phoebe, Kat, Krystie- before they even get to their core alliance.

I wish someone was giving confessionals that explained the thinking.

Of course they would have kept sue. they need the 5 votes against 4, now 3, to
get to the merger. They would have voted Rohan out in any case.

Well that episode renewed my hatred for Pheobe. Hated how she felt entitled to the Idol when Rohan found it and whinged about it for days and hated today how she painted herself as this big target when to me she was insignificant. Fair play though she called it right and played Rohan to her own advantage. It wasn't really giving away the Idol that doomed Rohan, it was his vote for Kat. I do think he'd have had a fighting chance to stay had he voted for Sue (though why Pheobe targetted Sue doesn't make sense!). Kate and Andrew especially were waverable and I think they'd have been keen to save Rohan a second time just as they did the first time - plus the votes revealed a split in Aganoa, so 4-4 was really 4-2-2. Rohan had already been incredibly weakened as a player by having the Idol played and exposing the fact he only had Pheobe on side - him and Pheobe would still be targets over anyone who had switched their vote.

Of course they would have kept sue. they need the 5 votes against 4, now 3, to
get to the merger. They would have voted Rohan out in any case.
So they have given up winning challenges? Not saying Rohan is a guaranty to help win but they are weaker without him. He could at least have had a chance.

They have 7 votes, it's clear that Kat and Krystie are not going to vote with Rohan and Phoebe. It wasn't clear to me that the majority were against Rohan as much as they were Phoebe.

But Rohan is too stupid to vote with his only ally ,though he gave her the idol,so the discussion is all academic.

If they merge at 12, they have to lose 5 more people before the merge. They have a long way to go. I just would like some confessionals of people talking about another swap or merge and what is their best move.

I'm going to say voting out Rohan was not even close to their best move.

Was anyone smart this episode?

Conner is probably the only one being smart - he's keeping loyal to the tribe who are clearly only loyal to him because he's a number and keeping his head down. He should be set for the merge now whilst the former Aganohope and Vavavoom tribe pick each other off.

...being that I hate Kat with an intense passion I might take her on of nobody else wants to... knowing my bad luck in things she will probably win it lol!... I so hate her but this may be a bridge that I can cross and hold my head up high so yeah... if nobody else wants the sneaky lying little bitch then I'll take her if you wish... no... I'm serious... I hate despise loathe detest... I love Kat!... I really really do!... **conceals snigger**... lol!... cheers.
I know my name was mentioned but I am happy for you to take over Kat.

Conner is probably the only one being smart - he's keeping loyal to the tribe who are clearly only loyal to him because he's a number and keeping his head down. He should be set for the merge now whilst the former Aganohope and Vavavoom tribe pick each other off.

I like Conner. You could see the poor little bugger's hurt when he looked over at his former tribe, especially being separated from Sam. I'm thinking those two may reunite once they make it to the merge. If Conner can stick with Craig and Sue until then, I think he stands a good chance of going deep into the game. Neither he or Sam are targets, though I would have said Sue wasn't either, I'm a bit baffled as to why she got a vote last night.

So the idol played but nothing really changed in the tribe, still a small minority easy to pick off but now without an idol. Had Rohan gone for Sue it could have been a tie but would he have ended up going anyway? The key was Krystie and she sided with Kat. The split in that former tribe ended up being their undoing, they needed to get over that to have a chance.

The only other thing is that guy at tribal who was saying you need to get with the majority has been clearly shown as the 'villain' on this show, like he's meant to be the plotter, some earlier things foreshadowed that. But he just doesn't have much charisma to bring that role off.

I would have preferred Sue going, as she just seems to be there and not much else. She's probably one of those contestants who's just very loyal to a particular group and that's it. Like that older guy on the last US Survivor, Joe. I could be wrong ohviously, but that's just my feeling right now.

And she can't do puzzles.

Oh, I feel all fucked up. Poor Rohan, he just seemed a really innocent guy. Blundering around, losing hidden idol clues, telling people tribe secrets, telling his new tribe there was an idol, then voting himself out. Actually that's a lot of booboos...

Losing the hidden idol clue was the worst part. I really think everyone had a good idea him or Phoebe had the idol anyway, so not much to reveal there. And his vote could have made it a tie, but he would still have gone on re-vote I think. Kat was actually telling tribe secrets as much as him, it's just that Krystie sided with her rather than Rohan.

I like Conner. You could see the poor little bugger's hurt when he looked over at his former tribe, especially being separated from Sam. I'm thinking those two may reunite once they make it to the merge. If Conner can stick with Craig and Sue until then, I think he stands a good chance of going deep into the game. Neither he or Sam are targets, though I would have said Sue wasn't either, I'm a bit baffled as to why she got a vote last night.

I think in their addled minds Rohan and Phoebe decided she was not much good in challenges and therefore could go - they said something along those lines - which makes no sense, as it presupposes they are then in a tribe with their challenge-winning friends (who want to vote them out!). They'd have been smarter to target someone making moves and issuing clear threats like Andrew. I don't think thinking is a strong suit with them.

I hope Connor goes far.

It is surprising that no one has thought to target Andrew. maybe they haven't noticed him yet either.
He alternates between being invisible and the occasional snarky comment revealing he's not very nice at all. You don't have to be nice to do well in the game, but you need to be interesting and/or useful.

Voting out people who don't actually leave is a new dynamic, unless there is a redemption island. It hurt Rohan because Kat stayed after Barry quit and she wants revenge. It hurt Jenna Louise because Nick stayed and he wants revenge. Conner is handling it well as he volunteered to go instead of forcing rocks and is just fitting in.

It's just having an odd effect and maybe part of the reasons the decisions are emotional?

I'm guessing either Phoebe leaves or something strange happens. This seems like the most predictable next vote ever.

I know my name was mentioned but I am happy for you to take over Kat.

...I was only offering to take her over if nobody else wants her because as everyone probably knows by my very very subtle hints the fact is I hate her... no seriously... I know it's a shock to all of you because of my masterful way of concealing my hatred for her through my ever so subtle posts but I actually do dislike her so much!... there you have it!... (wouldn't I be great on this show with the way that I can keep things hidden like that?)... lol!... if you wish to have Kat in the sweep please take her... PLEASE!... lol!... be my guest (and my saviour)... lol!...

I second the motion!

...haha!... you don't want her either eh?... lol!... no please Melore... save me!... please take her on... I BEG OF YOU!!!!!... you HAVE to!... for the love of humanity... PLEASE!... I had one Rum too many last night... I was vulnerable... I didn't know what I was doing... it's all such a blur... please take her FatPants or Melore just to save my sanity and spare me from having to say "rah!... go Kat!"... I just couldn't force myself to say it... I... I just couldn't!... lol!... cheers.

Back