Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 9 Discussion

no please Melore... save me!... please take her on... I BEG OF YOU!!!!!... you HAVE to!... for the love of humanity... PLEASE!... I had one Rum too many last night... I was vulnerable... I didn't know what I was doing... it's all such a blur... please take her FatPants or Melore just to save my sanity and spare me from having to say "rah!... go Kat!"... I just couldn't force myself to say it... I... I just couldn't!... lol!... cheers.
Too late, I have swapped you and @TeamRohan 's places on the board.

eF4YSVO.jpg

Go Kat!!! Kat who doesn't know Tully! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in their addled minds Rohan and Phoebe decided she was not much good in challenges and therefore could go - they said something along those lines - which makes no sense, as it presupposes they are then in a tribe with their challenge-winning friends (who want to vote them out!). They'd have been smarter to target someone making moves and issuing clear threats like Andrew. I don't think thinking is a strong suit with them.

I hope Connor goes far.
I think Phoebe is smart and maybe the best player there, but she got screwed in the swap. I can't think of any sure move that could have saved her and Rohan (though he is a terrible ally.)

I can't tell who is at the bottom of the majority alliance. She could have tried to get Andrew (and someone else)to flip to take out whatever target he wanted. But that is high level survivor and very tough to pull off.

...I was only offering to take her over if nobody else wants her because as everyone probably knows by my very very subtle hints the fact is I hate her... no seriously... I know it's a shock to all of you because of my masterful way of concealing my hatred for her through my ever so subtle posts but I actually do dislike her so much!... there you have it!... (wouldn't I be great on this show with the way that I can keep things hidden like that?)... lol!... if you wish to have Kat in the sweep please take her... PLEASE!... lol!... be my guest (and my saviour)... lol!...

...haha!... you don't want her either eh?... lol!... no please Melore... save me!... please take her on... I BEG OF YOU!!!!!... you HAVE to!... for the love of humanity... PLEASE!... I had one Rum too many last night... I was vulnerable... I didn't know what I was doing... it's all such a blur... please take her FatPants or Melore just to save my sanity and spare me from having to say "rah!... go Kat!"... I just couldn't force myself to say it... I... I just couldn't!... lol!... cheers.

Well a great advantage to Kat is that she is both terrible at Survivor and incredibly lucky. With her outfits she should be a photoshop gold mine.

Just wanted to mention before I stop posting 10 million times in this thread, if they were playing US survivor they would be about halfway through and probably have already been merged and into individual immunity. Or at least very close to merging. US survivo is 39 days. I think last night they were at day 21.

These players are basically a third of the way done.I don't know how they'll make it maybe they will get lots of food rewards.

Could we see another quit?

Last edited:
Too late, I have swapped you and @TeamRohan 's places on the board.

eF4YSVO.jpg

Go Kat!!! Kat who doesn't know Tully! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

...aw crap really?... oh!... I mean...erm... fantastic!.... yeah that's it... fantastic!... **groan** lol!... I feel so proud... so honoured to have Cow oops!... I mean Kat (I knew it was some sort of animal) as my sweepstakes draw... I'd like to thank God... my agent and the Academy for this great chance to... (oh who am I kidding...)... well... here goes people... I'm going to say it... (through gritted gnashing teeth)... RAH!...GO KAT!... (there I've said it)... lol!...

Hahahaha! Oh, poor Mr Sticky. That's rum for you!

I am sure you will elevate your barracking to a fine art. Go Kat (you evil, foul, caffelarteset hat-wearing, smug, annoying, challenge-flopping) little beauty! Go!

...haha!... the trouble with Rum is Melore it makes me all warm and glowy and luvvy dovey and in a moment of weakness I actually felt like nobody loved her anymore and I took pity on her... (don't worry... I've given myself an uppercut for it since)... Rum is my weakness... it's like Kryptonite to Superman... it softens me up and makes me go from the tough and ruthless (someday it will be rough and toothless) Sticky to the little widdle puddy cat Sticky... that's my downfall lol!...

Well a great advantage to Kat is that she is both terrible at Survivor and incredibly lucky. With her outfits she should be a photoshop gold mine.

...hahaha!... if she lasts longer in this I have big plans for her with Photoshop lol!... (jeez... you do know me well don't you Rose711?)... lol!...

Congrats @Mr Stickyfingers! and go Kat! :D

...thanks my friend (I think) lol!... um yeah!... Go Kart!... I mean... RAH RAH!... GO KAT!... cheers.

Bets, bets on tonight?

Yellow will lose as they are dumb, Kat will get dumped as a sneaky flipper they don't trust & don't like, and she is useless:)
If blue fall over for some dumb reason, it will be a fight between Nick & Jenna.

I love that ALL of our contestants are throwing themselves into this physically, we don't have any wimps left except Kat.

If Kat is the next target in the tribe I think it's simply because she's in a minority and isn't so good at challenges. The 'flipper' storyline we heard in the episode didn't convince me. You're only really a flipper in Survivor if you change alliance a few times, and she was never part of the main alliance in her original tribe anyway. And she gave them useful information on the immunity idol.

Rohan giving it to Phoebe to play was actually a great move, I wonder if he had an idea that it was her and not him that was the main target. His edit though was very much the horrid person who wouldn't give his idol to Phoebe lol.

Reactions: kxk
If Kat is the next target in the tribe I think it's simply because she's in a minority and isn't so good at challenges. The 'flipper' storyline we heard in the episode didn't convince me. You're only really a flipper in Survivor if you change alliance a few times, and she was never part of the main alliance in her original tribe anyway. And she gave them useful information on the immunity idol.

Rohan giving it to Phoebe to play was actually a great move, I wonder if he had an idea that it was her and not him that was the main target. His edit though was very much the horrid person who wouldn't give his idol to Phoebe lol.
If you watch his exit interview he said that Phoebe came to him before the tribal and said she felt threatened and since they had made a pact that if she was in a situation like that he would give her the idol - he did. I think the edit was to make the viewers think he wouldn't hand it over and surprise us when she pulled it out.

If you watch his exit interview he said that Phoebe came to him before the tribal and said she felt threatened and since they had made a pact that if she was in a situation like that he would give her the idol - he did. I think the edit was to make the viewers think he wouldn't hand it over and surprise us when she pulled it out.

I agree it was to surprise us and it did a good job of that, yet it made the edit look a bit silly as well.

The thing that annoyed me was Rohan going on about keeping his word, as if that means everything in Survivor. That lumped him with Barry and that big guy (don't know his name) who kept/keep going on about that. The main group didn't vote against him so I suppose you could say if he made an agreement they kept to it.

But he did say the idol wouldn't be played, and it was. So on that basis he didn't keep his word to the main group and his vote for Kat didn't prove anything. Maybe he had a side deal with Krystie to vote for Kat, he certainly didn't know where her head was at at the very least.

US Survivor spoilers.

Well, it wasn't quite Reichenbach stupid, but Rohan is up there with HvV Tyson in terms of voting yourself out. What a goose. So Phoebe next I guess.

Àndrew is looking strong now, without necessarily looking strong to the people on his tribe. I can see Cochran Caramoan upside.

I can't see Blue losing a challenge before the merge. Vavau may be pulling off the 'intentional Maatsing', unintentionally. (Matsing were a tribe who always lost. After the merge, the wrong tribes instantly turned and settled rivàlries with themselves, and the Matsingers slipped through to the end.) Tension may grow on Blue, and erupt at the merge, while yellow will be battletested, as iron sharpens iron.

Back