Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

So SMS voting only - and to a full number? I thought you had shorter codes for voting - certainly did back in the Big Brother days.
In December 2021 Telstra stopped calls and texts to premium-rate numbers (i.e. any of the 1902 phone numbers or the 19 SMS lines). I guess they saw that was a significant enough portion of their audience so they made it a regular number. It doesn't even reply with a confirmation, though it was mentioned as such in the fine print.

Last edited:
In December 2021 Telstra stopped calls and texts to premium-rate numbers (i.e. any of the 1902 phone numbers or the 19 SMS lines) I guess they saw that was a significant enough portion of their audience so they made it a regular number. It doesn't even reply with a confirmation, though it was mentioned as such in the fine print.
Yeah I didn’t get a confirmation

Shocking result.
Shocking as in two of the best singers are gone, when there are still people like Ben, Noorah and Harry there.
Not shocking though that they voted out the two oldest - it's the 14 year olds with unlimited texts who will drive the results.

It would have made far more sense for the judges to save one of the bottom 4 - THAT would prevent a Ricki Lee situation, not saving someone who wasn't in danger anyway.

Back