Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

I like that the save happened last night and not tonight. They actually just made sure another Ricki-Lee doesn’t happen and the best of the night gets through. I assumed they would do it tonight. Get to the lowest three and save one. (Which I think would then be a save based on diversity and representation potentially, instead of talent).

Phoebe VERY deserving. Can they just save her every week? Haha

I agree Kyle is just being Kyle. But find Amy Shark so insincere. Especially since she said during the auditions that when she is enjoying a song she's just smiling, and now she bangs on this tense little fake smile when some of them are singing if she notes the camera is on her. Harry is the best as he provides actual constructive criticism and understands his craft sufficiently well to break down where they are going right or wrong. I actually enjoy Meghan's dumb voices, her humour and her warmth. I'd like Marcia back, also, but to replace Amy Shark.

Oh we're the complete opposite haha!

I actually think Amy is the most genuine. She also seems really engrossed in the performances. I find HCJ patronising as fuck, as @Meglos said. But agree his technical knowledge is greater than the other 3 combined.

Kyle just says what we all think, but doesn't sugar coat it. 'That was a bit shit', was kinda true haha.

Noorah - I thinks she’s very overrated and shouldn’t really be in the top 12. Very pitchy. Out of her depth unfortunately. Seems like a lovely person. Judges comments are way too good. 1/5

Harry - way overrated. Unfortunately diversity and representation ≠ talent. Should never have been put through to Top 12. Imo he took Coopers spot… I’m still a bit salty about that. The performance was messy and pitchy. He sacrifices a good performance trying to create a “moment”. Kyle was spot on. A disappointing disaster. Amy preempting that the judges might save him. Ugh. 0/5 for me.

Spot on bleachy! These 2 definitely shouldn't be in the top 12.

I mean this as inoffensively as possible, but I think they both might have been diversity picks. Don't get me wrong, they're both super talented, but they are definitely not in the top 12 best singers that auditioned this year.

Also, whilst I'm on a whinge-fest, how the fuck did my recording stop before they announced the saved contestant.

A pre-recorded show and they still can't stick to the correct timings. The carry on from me at midnight trying to get 7Plus to work to watch the last 3 minutes was next level.

Anyways, still enjoying this show haha.

Also, whilst I'm on a whinge-fest, how the fuck did my recording stop before they announced the saved contestant.

A pre-recorded show and they still can't stick to the correct timings. The carry on from me at midnight trying to get 7Plus to work to watch the last 3 minutes was next level.

Anyways, still enjoying this show haha.
This happens to me every time I set my recorder for a reality show.
The only way to get the timing correct is to give it 2 hours, not the time the tv guide gives.

First truly live show and I’m watching live.

Loved the group performance. Yes it was a bit tacky, but that’s half the fun!

I voted for Phoebe 🤦🏽‍♂️ forgot that she was saved. Also sent a few for Josh and Royston.

The bottom 4 having to sing again doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense given the save has already happened

Ohhh they’ve lost you over in the Survivor thread haha!

Wouldn’t be a results show without a cheesy group performance!
I did say once Idol goes live I would prioritise Idol. I haven’t even had the chance to watch last nights survivor yet either haha.

Ricki-Lee just carries the show!

Sorry Scott, but you’re just the coleslaw on the side that no one is really fussed with.
When they were originally announced I thought Ricki was going to be the side host again. So glad she is the captain.
Scott seems like a nice enough bloke. But he is superfluous.

Back