Australian Idol 2023

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
I would be more excited if it wasn't for the upper age limit of 28.

I don't really like young people *

* said half-jokingly, but I I don't listen to music by people half my age

Sephrenia

Priestess of the Goddess
Awesome site donor
I would be more excited if it wasn't for the upper age limit of 28.

I don't really like young people *

* said half-jokingly, but I I don't listen to music by people half my age
Oh come on Meglos you're not retirement home material yet!

jessy_girl

I wonder if it can still produce a star? I wonder if things have changed too much. I don’t see why not. As long as they keep their OG format where any rando can walk past the building and audition instead of inviting failed singers like the voice. That always felt like the key to me.

Sephrenia

Priestess of the Goddess
Awesome site donor
Interesting article and while I agree in essence I still think it will take a long time for the record labels/radio stations etc to embrace it fully. I don't know about streaming services because I don't use them for music at all. My music is purely from Youtube and radio for the brief time I'm in the car travelling to and from work. I like a lot of new music by the "youngins" and some not so much. But yeah...I'm old and probably ready for a retirement home anyway! Haha!

Sweetgeek

I’m super glad they are bringing it back. I still remember joining the forums for the show. Did anyone else? I hope they still go to all the towns so people can audition, I loved seeing the contestants react to the town and seeing the scope of Australia through the auditioning process. And yes, please keep the panel locally based. The panel kept the show alive back in the day for me, the weird and quirky vibes and Marsha being the mother with all her love towards the contestants. Can you tell im so happy to see the show back 😂