Skip to main content

Game Australian Election 2022 Tipping Poll and live chat thread

Antony Green will call the election (AEST times)

• Before 7pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8.01-9pm

• 9.31-10pm

• 10.31-11pm

• 11.31-12am

• After 12.01am

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m a Labor voter, but even I’ll admit that the climate policy isn’t as transformative as what the Greens would push.

And Shorten was a bit both ways when it came to Adani last election.
Agreed, and this is why it wouldn't hurt if Labor falls short of a majority. But I suspect they will though.

Even if Labor take Brisbane, the entire election has been a huge wakeup call to both major parties that people want climate action.
(or if you listen to the absurd logic of Sky News, people voted for climate action because they were mad that the Libs weren't more anti-climate action)

Well not always, there was an independent candidate in Sydney (Dai Le, who won that seat) that said it was traditional Labor voters that had abandoned Labor in that seat for bringing in some nobody and thinking that the locals would support them. So in many cases they weren't votes for climate change that's for sure.

It's also the reason many traditional Liberal voters abandoned their candidates and voted for independents. Many probably thought well there isn't much difference now between Labs and Libs when it comes to climate policy in this election. So just stuff them both and vote for an independent instead.

But anyway I hope that Labor gains enough seats so they can govern in their own right and not have to bow down to any demands from the Greens and any other independents.

Let's see how many "likes" this post will get around these parts....LOL!

But anyway I hope that Labor gains enough seats so they can govern in their own right and not have to bow down to any demands from the Greens and any other independents.

Let's see how many "likes" this post will get around these parts....LOL!
Haha good luck with that. I hope Labor does fall short, but mainly because politically I fall midway between Labor and the Greens, so I want a government that does more about climate change and will be more compassionate towards the welfare of Australia's people and not just "the economy" (big business and the rich).

Probably a moot point though as I said, I expect they'll just squeak in to 76 or 77 seats.

Haha good luck with that. I hope Labor does fall short, but mainly because politically I fall midway between Labor and the Greens, so I want a government that does more about climate change and will be more compassionate towards the welfare of Australia's people and not just "the economy" (big business and the rich).

Probably a moot point though as I said, I expect they'll just squeak in to 76 or 77 seats.

Don't know about that Adam Bandt, saw him talking on that national press club a few times and he just comes across as such a smug arrogant person.

Even at one stage Craig Kelly made a good gesture towards Adam at the last press club meeting about how sometimes they both do "agree" on certain things in politics but Adam Bandt didn't even look towards Craig at all to acknowledge what he had just said. I think this says alot about his character. Craig Kelly was looking straight at Adam who just completely ignored Craig on stage.

Anyway I must admit that Adam Bandt certainly has some balls to basically say in front of Clive Palmer and Craig Kelly at the national press club address that he wants people like Clive Palmer to pay all the tax on the fuel they use for their mining operations and not give them any discounts at all. I tell ya he really must have alot of hatred towards people like Clive Palmer and he certainly doesn't hold back! LOL!

Cheers!

Anyway I must admit that Adam Bandt certainly has some balls to basically say in front of Clive Palmer and Craig Kelly at the national press club address that he wants people like Clive Palmer to pay all the tax on the fuel they use for their mining operations and not give them any discounts at all. I tell ya he really must have alot of hatred towards people like Clive Palmer and he certainly doesn't hold back! LOL!
You can imagine how the Greens must feel about the federal government subsidising fossil fuel industries by (I think) $11bn/year though. It's pretty insane really. As for Craig Kelly it'll come as no surprise to you I think he's an idiot, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bandt feel the same way. He didn't stand a chance of winning his seat (let alone being becoming PM lol). So yeah, definitely no love lost between Bandt and Palmer/Kelly.

Sixth Queensland senate seat comes down to Pauline Hanson V Amanda Stoker.

Both horrible, but more schadenfreude if Hanson loses. Unfortunately Legalise Cannabis is out of this race.

Sixth Queensland senate seat comes down to Pauline Hanson V Amanda Stoker.

Both horrible, but more schadenfreude if Hanson loses. Unfortunately Legalise Cannabis is out of this race.
I don't know who's worse out of those two either. If Pauline does lose things could get frosty between her and Malcom. Her ego would have her wanting him to stand down for her and his ego would have him saying hell no.

In Brisbane the three candidate preferred has the Greens ahead!

If Pauline does lose things could get frosty between her and Malcom. Her ego would have her wanting him to stand down for her and his ego would have him saying hell no.
Fingers crossed for this scenario.

There you go @Consuela, Brisbane got called for the Greens. That will give them four Reps seats: Brisbane, Melbourne, Ryan and Griffith. This election is officially my favourite since I moved to Australia in 1996. Which isn't hard to say since Howard and Turnbull/Abbott/Morrison won seven of them.

Labor may take both Macnamara and Gilmore, which would give them 77. But so tight they can't call either yet.

There you go @Consuela, Brisbane got called for the Greens. That will give them four Reps seats: Brisbane, Melbourne, Ryan and Griffith. This election is officially my favourite since I moved to Australia in 1996. Which isn't hard to say since Howard and Turnbull/Abbott/Morrison won seven of them.
Must have been those Grindr ads that got him over the line. Ha!

In all seriousness though well done to Stephen. He was nothing but nice the times I met him and it's refreshing to someone real going to Canberra.

Labor may take both Macnamara and Gilmore, which would give them 77. But so tight they can't call either yet.
I'd love them to take Deakin too and rid us of Sukkar.

Must have been those Grindr ads that got him over the line. Ha!

In all seriousness though well done to Stephen. He was nothing but nice the times I met him and it's refreshing to someone real going to Canberra.

I'd love them to take Deakin too and rid us of Sukkar.
Well, Macnamara is won so if they pick up those two as well it would be icing on the cake.

It's really hard envisaging the Libs ever recovering from this tbh. The independents will work really hard for their electorates, and voters won't want to go back to being taken for granted.

And to think you were so worried at the start of the count.
Oh dog. There have been so many terrible elections/polls that all started out that way... and you spend the evening holding out hope for the metro booths to come in, but it stays that way. I hate it because you spend the evening hoping it'll get better but it never rarely does. Was panicking that was going to happen again.

Back