Skip to main content

Game Australian Election 2022 Tipping Poll and live chat thread

Antony Green will call the election (AEST times)

• Before 7pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8.01-9pm

• 9.31-10pm

• 10.31-11pm

• 11.31-12am

• After 12.01am

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meanwhile, Pauline Hanson looks she's lost her senate seat to the Greens. There aren't enough :roflmao: emojis in the world for this.

EDIT: Apparently this is bullshit, and she will retain the sixth spot in Qld. Bugger.

Last edited:
Antony Green:

On Monday, the Australian Electoral Commission will start to re-throw the seats where they have the wrong preference count.

And probably, by Tuesday or Wednesday, we'll have a much clearer result.

But some seats will take to the very end, in two weeks' time.

Antony Green:

On Monday, the Australian Electoral Commission will start to re-throw the seats where they have the wrong preference count.

And probably, by Tuesday or Wednesday, we'll have a much clearer result.

But some seats will take to the very end, in two weeks' time.
It'll be just my luck that Brisbane will probably take the full two weeks!

It'll be just my luck that Brisbane will probably take the full two weeks!
Just have a peek every day and hope that Labor doesn't pull ahead of Greens. Looks like only 160 votes in it right now?
  • The AEC has supressed the preference count in Brisbane, and based on estimated preference flows, results in the Greens winning on Labor preferences. There is still a chance Labor could reach second place on primary votes which would result in Labor winning on Green preferences.

Just have a peek every day and hope that Labor doesn't pull ahead of Greens. Looks like only 160 votes in it right now?
  • The AEC has supressed the preference count in Brisbane, and based on estimated preference flows, results in the Greens winning on Labor preferences. There is still a chance Labor could reach second place on primary votes which would result in Labor winning on Green preferences.

Even if Labor take Brisbane, the entire election has been a huge wakeup call to both major parties that people want climate action.
(or if you listen to the absurd logic of Sky News, people voted for climate action because they were mad that the Libs weren't more anti-climate action)

Even if Labor take Brisbane, the entire election has been a huge wakeup call to both major parties that people want climate action.
(or if you listen to the absurd logic of Sky News, people voted for climate action because they were mad that the Libs weren't more anti-climate action)

By major parties, you mean, "The Libs" because Labor in Government has had an effective climate policy in action which the Libs got rid of. They have also tried to enact an even better climate policy which the Greens blocked.

Brisbane on a knife edge. @Consuela you're probably going to have to wait the full two weeks for this.

View attachment 57950

Labor has snuck ahead now (only by 34 votes though). I'm not sure if postals will favour the Greens much, but we'll have to wait and see.
It's a race to second!

Postals will probably favour Labor (Do Greens voters know what post is? 😜) but I'm hoping to be proved wrong. If the margin between Labor/Greens can stay close to the Animal Party primary their preferences might bump the Greens to second. 🤞🏻

Postals will probably favour Labor (Do Greens voters know what post is? 😜) but I'm hoping to be proved wrong. If the margin between Labor/Greens can stay close to the Animal Party primary their preferences might bump the Greens to second. 🤞🏻
Good luck, I hope your candidate makes it.

If it helps, I am a postal voter, and I did put Greens first (over Tanya Plibersek). Obviously there's not a chance in hell she wouldn't be re-elected but if you want things to change and don't make an effort, they will never change. Greens should receive $2.90 for my first preference at least.

Curiously, Sydney had a pretty high informal vote of 4.2%. Probably people intending to vote for UAP/PHON but are unable to count to seven.

1653383116319.png

By major parties, you mean, "The Libs" because Labor in Government has had an effective climate policy in action which the Libs got rid of. They have also tried to enact an even better climate policy which the Greens blocked.
I’m a Labor voter, but even I’ll admit that the climate policy isn’t as transformative as what the Greens would push.

And Shorten was a bit both ways when it came to Adani last election.

Back