Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Any of the others (cause I ran out of poll spots) hahaha

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
…Jay was a nobody anyway… no great loss… they should’ve ALL voted for Sandra and be done with it the idiots… cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Also, the challenges are getting basic as fuck. The football up the hill one? The knocking each other off the platform into the water? Is a 6 year old running the challenge department?

Unless it is editing, why do people stop looking when they find an idol! We see it time and time again. Hide it, keep looking and keep trap shut. You always risk somebody having seen you but if you keep looking they might think they were wrong.
…I’ve thought that before now too Weary… not looking for another idol is quite silly really… besides you might actually find a second one while pretending to be looking for one lol!… good point my friend… cheers.

It doesn’t matter what they call her. Anyone who knows anything about survivor US knows who she is and how she plays. She has played 5 times over the last 20 years. The target was always going to be there.

What’s exciting to watch is how long she will last in the Australian format.
As I am not a Survivor aficionado I'd never heard of her before this series...but I do appreciate the way she thinks.
Did you say that about Mark and Sam in their season ….. who are now still together, married with a child all these years later? Not every showmance is ONLY for show ;)
Never heard of either of them before this either...but again, I like the way they play.
…not many on here tonight… not like the ‘good ol’ days’ lol!… cheers.
I can never be here "live" as I work late but I would if I could.
Pity it was Jay, but I'm glad Sandra survived.
Get Sam out though, and Mark.

And what is it with everyone being "gassed"?
Such an Americanism, and JLP and the players said it half a dozen times tonight.
Yeah the constant references to being "gassed" got on my nerves...it's not something we say is it? JLP has an American accent to my ears anyway. Oh interesting...excerpt from Wikipedia re JLP..."Having lived abroad for many years, LaPaglia found it necessary to hire a dialect coach to recover his Australian accent"

…not many on here tonight… not like the ‘good ol’ days’ lol!… cheers.
I would love too, alas I'm in Qld where the carpet fades, the cows don't know when to get milked & the kids die because if we have daylight savings they leave school at the hottest part of the day ??? :bang: :rolleyes: SO we are an hour behind you guys .... and I enjoy the excitement of not knowing what is going to happen...

Damn they are stupid, and Sandra is smart :cool:

Michelle says she wants to learn off Sandra thus she is "IN" with her... One valuable lesson she will learn is when she gets blindsided by Sandra :bawling:

They're all too green to outsmart the queen...

So we heard more from Jay after he'd been voted out than in all six episodes leading up to that point. Dumb move though by the tribe - it was the perfect opportunity to take the shot and I'd have loved that it was all down to her daughter winning immunity for the other tribe. Sadly though you could tell she wasn't going purely be the edit - as is so often the case.

So tribe swap again next time - I know Survivor is more formulaic than Big Brother was in it's glory days but it's a bit boring knowing as a viewer pretty much where every annual format point comes. Surely they could find a new way of doing a tribe swap rather than just random buffs.

So we heard more from Jay after he'd been voted out than in all six episodes leading up to that point. Dumb move though by the tribe - it was the perfect opportunity to take the shot and I'd have loved that it was all down to her daughter winning immunity for the other tribe. Sadly though you could tell she wasn't going purely be the edit - as is so often the case.

So tribe swap again next time - I know Survivor is more formulaic than Big Brother was in it's glory days but it's a bit boring knowing as a viewer pretty much where every annual format point comes. Surely they could find a new way of doing a tribe swap rather than just random buffs.
…I suppose it comes down to poor editing really… as soon as one of the background nothings are allowed to actually speak and get airtime it’s obvious that they are going home… it’s a bit like the original Star Trek series… every time that a new face beamed down anywhere with the regular crew… he was destined to die lol!… so obvious… cheers.

There seems to be the same Survivor ad played every commercial break and that was in the middle of I’m A Celebrity’s run. I wonder if the “ad nauseum” put people off the show this year. I love Survivor but even I was sick of the ads. I wonder if that’s the reason for the low ratings. Or maybe people are now tired of physically competitive reality shows? (*Cough*Big Brother*Cough*)

I think the ratings are just a reflection on how people watch TV these days - not many people watch live. Overnight ratings for the launch of Survivor was 608K but lifted to 1.05M during the week, so an extra 400K watched it during the week on catch up, recording, etc. MAFS was the same - launched at 869K, but lifted to 1.83M - so an extra 1M people watched in during the week.

I usually record Survivor, then watch it about 40ish mins in to fast forward the ads. The catch up on MAFS during the week sometime. I watch Survivor on the night so I don't get any spoilers, plus I prefer it. I hate when all 3 networks are running something I want to watch - the juggling act is a punish.

Anyways, apologies for my life story haha, but my point is, overnight ratings aren't always a reflection of how well a show is doing.

Episodes still clocking in a 1 hr 18 minutes without the ads, which is ridiculous and at least 15 minutes too long.
I find the whole middle section leading up to the reward challenge, and especially the reward itself, a slog.
The episode should be one hour, structured as -
* Fall out from elimination
* Reward challenge (cut at least in half unless there is some juicy strategy talk)
* Strategy talk
* Immunity challenge
* Scrambling (but this could be cut down too)
* Tribal council
And NO TWISTS!

Last edited:
And don't show people looking for idols, or whether they find them or not.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a genuine surprise at tribal council?
Then they could show a brief montage of how they found the idol.

Back