Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Any of the others (cause I ran out of poll spots) hahaha

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
And don't show people looking for idols, or whether they find them or not.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a genuine surprise at tribal council?
Then they could show a brief montage of how they found the idol.
I don't agree with this. Sure, if they found one and keep it a secret. But they almost always tell others and that then directly affects voting strategy. They already leave viewers wondering "huh?" on occasion, thanks to the edit.

I don't agree with this. Sure, if they found one and keep it a secret. But they almost always tell others and that then directly affects voting strategy. They already leave viewers wondering "huh?" on occasion, thanks to the edit.
Good point.
Maybe just don't show it if no idol is found, though that could have us wondering why such-and-such who was in danger didn't seem to try.

Personally I don't hate the 70 minute episodes. I watch them on the tribe has spoken community FB group as they are in HD with no ads. I love the long episodes AS LONG as I am watching at a reasonable time. Sometimes I work late and have to watch when I get home close to midnight, I'd prefer to watch it during dinner time but then I'd be doubling up on episodes (although I could just do this lol) and I read spoilers to easily lol. I like sitting on my ass in front of the TV so I am okay with long episodes. But binging them is a pain so I guess I'll take the good with the bad.

I think the ratings are just a reflection on how people watch TV these days - not many people watch live.
This is definitely the case, particularly with younger people. I never watch FTA anymore, I watch on the tenplay app on my Apple TV. No one I know my age is watching Survivor live, they're watching it recorded or days later on the website. I used to keep track of overnight ratings and have hundreds of graphs and charts saved for all the shows I watch, but now it's hardly worth doing it.

Completely agree. Sandra is running rings around everyone else, she alone is making this season entertaining for me.
It's definitely one of her better performances. Overall her Pearl Islands game is her best but this time she is playing actively whilst also managing her social relationships. If she makes it to the late merge this may be her best game of the five she's played.

I am finding it slightly annoying how so many are just falling into line and doing what Sandra is telling them to do.
She wanted to vote Dave out because she thinks he put her name down and everyone is like ‘oh, yeah of course, it has to be done’. As if that affects them too? Or it’s a bad thing to be voting for people when they’re all doing it?
She really is in control of the game. I just wish there were someone there who had the intelligence and balls to overthrow her in a way she doesn’t see coming.

I am finding it slightly annoying how so many are just falling into line and doing what Sandra is telling them to do.
She wanted to vote Dave out because she thinks he put her name down and everyone is like ‘oh, yeah of course, it has to be done’. As if that affects them too? Or it’s a bad thing to be voting for people when they’re all doing it?
She really is in control of the game. I just wish there were someone there who had the intelligence and balls to overthrow her in a way she doesn’t see coming.
…what a great post Cookiecutter… and… I totally agree with you mainly because it’s exactly what I’ve been thinking… in fact… I wish that I had written it!… lol!… cheers.

Yes - keeping Sandra over Dave makes zero sense. There may be reasons to keep such a threat around - she's an easy first boot at merge if they go in as the minority for example, but the pros for keeping her aren't featuring in the conversations we're being shown.

It's getting the balance right - sometimes it is beneficial to show us the whole story but others I think they could leave a bit of suspense, especially when there is a narrative of people trying to find an idol before someone else does. Yesterday they could have shown us Amy and Michelle (?) hunting for the idol, the idol being in place - and then the idol being gone, but without telling us who actually found it.

Ultimately though the biggest fault with Australian Survivor is they've always had too many idols in play. They shouldn't be a factor in practically every tribal council.

...it looks like Mr Gronk and his wife Mrs Gronk are having some sort of lovers tiff in Sunday night’s episode… perhaps she asked him to stop dragging his knuckles in the sand and dirt when he is walking because it’s embarrassing for her or something😜🤪 … anyhow… he looks pretty pissed off,… cheers.

Back