Skip to main content

Ask Alex 2014 (EP of Big Brother)

Just a shout out to @Goon -- waves the flag at the real deal? :) Thanks mate; enjoyed the answers.

I miss the days where Nominations was used for more than just Nominations - chats with the evictees, friends/family and/or Carmel, as well as small behind-the-scenes segments etc. It was all stuff that could've been done pre-recorded and not live, but was stuff that couldn't be slotted into the Daily Show format of 2001/2008/2014. But since Nine have no interest in this content, makes sense to cull that entire show.

Yes, that format would make much more sense. The slowness of waiting for HMs to go from one room to another can be filled with a lot more content that keeps the viewers watching, all the while knowing that the crosses to the house for nominations are ACTUALLY live!

R.I.P @Kingston

tumblr_naufv6qNM41qgf1i8o1_400.gif

Lol

It's up!

Sorry for the delay I was super hungover (for reals). Lil Sis style.

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2014/09/q-big-brothers-executive-producer/

There were some questions answered that didn't make it to the article. They are:

pawlini - Whose your favourite BBBA forum member?
Alex - The ones that don’t say mean things about me. So not many to chose from!

Caspersmum - What is your favourite colour?
Alex - Black and sometimes purple.

John - When will channel 9 miserably will they STOP promoting so much rubish promos with big titles big brother graphics over with sound effects ? why not a better simple fact promo focus more on the big brother show. Not just random a cliff a guy in his skeleton suit and a vickin bloody ship. Is this what really big brother is? i yet to see if the house is actually a ship. Otherwise your going to explain to me exactly what is all that about. Sorry but i with the promos this year has been a dreadful one.
Alex - Huh?

Consuela - Ha! Alex probably won't answer now seeing as we keep revealing his HMs identities.
Alex - If we didn’t want you to find out their identities we wouldn’t have released them would we?!

Kingston - @@Goon's heart is in the right place... However even if he does submit every single question Alex will likely only answer those he feels adds to the myth that he actually gives a shit about this show...
The last few years have clearly been phoned in... Alex is merely a figurehead who carries his balls around a Channel 9 purse…

Alex - A) Learn how to write properly. B) Ask anyone who has worked on this show in the last 13 years how much of a shit I give. C) You share a name with a biscuit.

LMAO at the ownage of @John and @Kingston

Thanks Goon! Really enjoyed the way Alex answered the questions. And I'll be watching for that early twist. ;)

BTW...Goon is an USHER now...no popcorn questions for him anymore:)

I didn't like his answer to the StarNow Profiles question (which he didn't really answer).

Everyday people and media people ARE different. One group of people are on a quest for fame. Guess which one.

From this "quest" do we really know if it's their real personality or an alter ego for t.v. like a game show host or something? And what's with BBAU and radio? Why do so many HM's come from or get into radio? It's like a plague of FM cockroaches every year.

From this "quest" do we really know if it's their real personality or an alter ego for t.v. like a game show host or something? And what's with BBAU and radio? Why do so many HM's come from or get into radio? It's like a plague of FM cockroaches every year.

There's a reason why they only make radio and not TV! ;) ;)

So it seems the series has writers?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287196/fullcredits

Alex, can you give us an overview of how the writers fit into the daily production schedule?

I'm sure the writers are for the teleprompter for Sonia, Mike Goldman's narration and Big Brother's dialogue. I don't think they are actually writing out story lines for the editors to collaborate with to create narratives that aren't "real". If they are... then i would be truly disappointed, the entire show would be a farce and getting people to pay money to ring to save their favourite housemates by being fooled into these false stories would be... criminal.

C) You share a name with a biscuit.

i actually had to spit my drink out i was laughing so hard. (+ theyre my fave biscuit! omnomnomnom)

and btw @Longbow @s2art the writers "write" the daily shows, ie which storylines get followed, which conversations are included, which scenes from everyday that actually get broadcast, they dont actually write scripts for HMs, whats wrong with you?

i actually had to spit my drink out i was laughing so hard. (+ theyre my fave biscuit! omnomnomnom)

and btw @Longbow @s2art the writers "write" the daily shows, ie which storylines get followed, which conversations are included, which scenes from everyday that actually get broadcast, they dont actually write scripts for HMs, whats wrong with you?

Yeah, like story boarding but not actually writing the show. That's what i was saying (or at least trying too) and would be disappointed if they were writing HM scripts. But i knew that they weren't.

Great answers Alex! Agreed with everything. I too hate cats and I understand entirely why media types are often picked to be on a TV show.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to crack a beer and watch the show tonight!

" I read a lot on this site about “stealing ideas” but you guys have to appreciate and understand that BB is a global franchise and that there will be about 300 people in the whole of Australia that would have seen any overseas series."

He must think the audience are pretty stupid if they would believe him there. We live in the internet age now.

I know I'm not the first to ask this, but get rid of this inane laugh track you put to some HLs, it doesn't add life to the show it actually just makes it seem fake.

Back