ART - works, exhibitions, galleries, etc

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
I have a passion, a bit of an obsession with all things King Arthur & Merlin......

Tintagel Castle is his birthplace......ruins over 1500 years old......
The site inspired the 12th-century writer Geoffrey of Monmouth to name it in his History of the Kings of Britain as the place where King Arthur was conceived, according to English Heritage.

King Arthur statue erected there, is beautiful

And Merlin

oddjob

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
I have a passion, a bit of an obsession with all things King Arthur & Merlin......

Tintagel Castle is his birthplace......ruins over 1500 years old......
The site inspired the 12th-century writer Geoffrey of Monmouth to name it in his History of the Kings of Britain as the place where King Arthur was conceived, according to English Heritage.

King Arthur statue erected there, is beautiful

And Merlin

I didn’t remember that from my visit... which is good since it wasn’t there then. :)

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
LOOK......a new arty show

THURSDAY, JUNE 28
Series 1: Episode 1
30 minutes, PG, Entertainment, Infotainment, Arts & Culture, WS, CC, Series
(Australia, English)

A group of everyday Australians become art critics as they explore the works of the National Gallery of Victoria's Australian Collection housed in the Ian Potter Centre." data-html="true" data-title="Everyone's A Critic" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
8:50pm

Everyone's A Critic ‘Series 1: Episode 1’

ABC

Everyone's A Critic

'Series 1: Episode 1'

ABC, 8:50pm, Thu, 28 Jun 2018, 30 minutes

NEW SHOW

A group of everyday Australians become art critics as they explore the works of the National Gallery of Victoria's Australian Collection housed in the Ian Potter Centre.

Series, Australia, English, Entertainment, Infotainment, Arts & Culture

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...wow!... I've just stumbled onto this thread... it's brilliant!... well done for starting it up kxk... I rarely come to to this section but will visit it more often now methinks!... some great stuff in here... and... I done that test of knowledge about the names of 50 Art paintings and this was my result...

2018-07-08_5-00-54.jpg

...I got question #26 wrong because I had never seen it before and took a guess... gosh darn it!... lol!... cheers.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Perhaps I should have messaged you, knowing what an artist you are yourself.....that was my first possible career artist/teacher

Anyway, I watched a fascinating doco last night, about the most beautiful Palace in France...

It is divinely beautiful, sort of designed by Leonardo Da Vinci

Double helix staircase..........is so sensational

Winding around each other but never meeting................I think this palace/and Escher may have inspired Doctor Who, the puzzling DW that got me intrigued

It is fairyland beautiful

By B. Jankuloski (original: Christophe.Finot) - Image:Château_de_Chambord_19.jpg, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5377477

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Château_de_Chambord

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Very cool secret art in Melbourne

HIDDEN ARTS: DISCOVER MELBOURNE’S SECRET COLLECTION OF UNIQUE FINE ART

It’s hard to categorise the Johnston Collection. In fact, it’s best not to try. Just go with the flow and experience the delight of visiting this most unusual exhibition house. Don’t go looking for the address, either: it’s secret. The mysteries begin with the arrival arrangements and revelations unfold with each very personal tour.

The Johnston Collection is an eclectic array of fine and decorative arts housed in Fairhall, the Melbourne home of its benefactor, antiques dealer William Johnston. Tours are pre-booked online and visitors are met at a designated point and transported to the nearby house. While the reason is to preserve the privacy of residents of this elegant inner-city Melbourne suburb, the result is a suitably mysterious curtain-raiser to a surprising exhibition.

With no walk-ins possible, it’s guaranteed that you’ll enjoy tours with a small group of like-minded visitors: there can only be a maximum of 22 people in the house for any session, divided into three groups, each with their own guide. Tours can operate with as few as two guests.

How mysterious and cool, next event for my art loving friend and I......

More info in the article here
https://life.intercontinental.com/s...m=Native&utm_campaign=IC2018_AU&utm_term=FMAU

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
Perhaps I should have messaged you, knowing what an artist you are yourself.....that was my first possible career artist/teacher

Anyway, I watched a fascinating doco last night, about the most beautiful Palace in France...

It is divinely beautiful, sort of designed by Leonardo Da Vinci

Double helix staircase..........is so sensational

Winding around each other but never meeting................I think this palace/and Escher may have inspired Doctor Who, the puzzling DW that got me intrigued

It is fairyland beautiful

...oh wow!... That place is magnificent... and those two MC Escher type of shots are brilliant!... and definitely Dr Whoish too lol!... thanks for posting it kxk... and... I love that you mentioned 3 of my most favourite subjects of all time collectively together in the one post at the same time... Leonardo Da Vinci/MC Escher and Dr Who lol!... all dear to my heart... lol!... well done you!... cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
...by the way kxk... I cannot remember in which thread we were talking about that Community and Worldwide Book Exchange System but I just wanted to let you know that the Mall in the town next to us has set one up right inside the Mall for people to swap/read/return and donate Books for everyone for free... I was stoked to see that it had been set up... well done them I say!... cheers.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Street Libraries........posted in book thread I think
Our local is so cool, lady has a corner unit with chooks under the library
And she holds regular social book get togethers

That reminds me I have a big box of books to donate