Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

well, in protest I decided to watch some tubes rather than iView tonight. :D

I then invested some of my return on a new toy and converted my custom freeboard into a very lowriding wide-trucked flexi longboard.

"Today I ..." am massively impressed with this business: http://www.freebordaustralia.com

Ya see, some of my tax return was used to get me one of these: http://www.freebordaustralia.com/store/product/144/80-special-bomber

Communication from "Frosty" (who I think is over in Nelson, NZ), after the online purchase was made, was exceptionally prompt, friendly, and helpful, and I'm massively impressed with how quick delivery was.

Even got a follow-up email from Frosty today saying that I'd be able to freebord this weekend coz my bord was ready to be picked up from the post-office I'd specified.

If only Australian's could learn to conduct business like the Kiwis do, perhaps we could be back on our way to being a great country again. :D

Great prices, great service, wonderful people, and certainly no wonder I prefer to do my snowboarding in Queenstown.

www.nzski.com have it all worked out on how to give the best experience for the best price, I reckon.

AFAIC, for Perth folk, there are far more bangs per buck to be had flying over to NZ for the winter sports than heading to any of the Eastern States snowfields.

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
Do you post on other forums @derspatz ?

Would you like me to ? :D

Oh, perhaps a serious question.

I'm a member of all sorts of forums ranging from, say, CX500 (motorbike) to archery/longbow to fishing/4wd to kompoz/music to anything goes/ltuae type stuff to xbox games to comments sections of various blogs (including Andrew Bolt Blog, JoNova, and WUWT), but these days 98% of my online forum participation would be here, 1% of it would be over at the "news" section of whirlpool, and the remain 1% I just couldn't account for and is prolly just muttering to myself and shouting out "cancer" every now and then as I sit in the corner picking at the fluff in my scarf. :D

How about you. Do you pick at the fluff in your scarf ? :)

regarDS

Would you like me to ? :D

Oh, perhaps a serious question.

I'm a member of all sorts of forums ranging from, say, CX500 (motorbike) to archery/longbow to fishing/4wd to kompoz/music to anything goes/ltuae type stuff to xbox games to comments sections of various blogs (including Andrew Bolt Blog, JoNova, and WUWT), but these days 98% of my online forum participation would be here, 1% of it would be over at the "news" section of whirlpool, and the remain 1% I just couldn't account for and is prolly just muttering to myself and shouting out "cancer" every now and then as I sit in the corner picking at the fluff in my scarf. :D

How about you. Do you pick at the fluff in your scarf ? :)

regarDS
LOL!! I hate fluff on my scarf!!

It was a serious question, I wouldn't want you to go away from here... but was just wondering if your views were more accepted, or at least more willingly debated elsewhere? You probably fit in quite nicely at Bolt's blog and WUWT. Fess up... you only go to JoNova cause she is hot? #amirite?

Nah, I used to moderate the first season X Factor website, then moderated and was admin of the the Official Australian Idol forums for a few years. I have used a variety of pop stars forums over the years. Bit of a pop-culture tragic.
I do check whirlpool on seldom occasions, eagerly awaiting NBN to be switched on in my street! :woot:

You are certainly a polarising character (I think I have used the word 'obtuse' in the past... remember... your angle ;) )

.. but some of your videos are very cool. NOT the nekkid ones, but the honeymoon GoPro and underwater stuff was super cool, and your music is definitely not bad, I just hope it gets more appreciated elsewhere... it's why I asked you the other day whether you got many views. I know in the past on these forums you were more embraced!

I think I would actually have a good conversation with you IRL, I actually agree with some of what you say, I'm just not a fan of your delivery. If I'm being honest I think it's counter-productive. Not that that makes me right and you wrong at all, it's just my observation/opinion.

Anyway, carry on regardless!

LOL!! I hate fluff on my scarf!!

Then don't let them sit on it ! :D

It was a serious question, I wouldn't want you to go away from here...

Oi, over here everybody, bleachy said the naughty phrase ! ;) :)

but was just wondering if your views were more accepted, or at least more willingly debated elsewhere?

The LTUAE type forums began way back when in echoland on fidonet, back where everything was overly moderated and ya couldn't even say sh!t online without somebody threatening to tell telecom on you for using a public carrier to transport naughtiness. Freedom loving anti-totalitarianismists created the LTUAE echo (life the universe and everything, credit to Douglas Adams, but of course) and we elected a moderator for the forum on the sole proviso that the moderator would do no moderating.

Then we proceeded to get stuck into each other on any topic that took our fancy and much to the disgust of the bulletin board sysops who had to carry That Forum with all its naughty words used and unsavory topics. We so enjoyed each other's online arguing and disagreeing and ganging up on the local FRZ (me ... Fanatical Religious Zealot :D) that for a number of years a goodly portion of us travelled to Cantberra to celebrate Oz day together. As per lots of the photos in the youtube slide show I have listed as "an ode to a little bit of green putty ...".

So, to answer your question, yes, I have a long history of my views being willingly debated elsewhere. Accepted ? lol, which in this case is short for "what do you reckon ?".

Anyhoo, the trouble will partying with online folk in the real world, everyone gets to know what everyone is really like and before too long debate dries up and acceptance really does kick in.

Since 2005, these BB forums have been kinda like LTUAE reborn for me. Everybody vs the local FRZ again. I reckon I've kinda mellowed over the last couple of years though, and believe it or not, I'm actually trying to be more positive and try for the "do the walk in other's shoes" before hitting reply.

Obviously there are some things I'm never gunna be shifted on though, and hey, if somebody wants to try for some sort of showdown, then I'm generally always gunna be prone to be their huckleyberry. Yet to encounter anyone in these forums that I couldn't out-dance, mind you. :D

You probably fit in quite nicely at Bolt's blog and WUWT.

I don't post there as "derspatz" mind you.

Fess up... you only go to JoNova cause she is hot? #amirite?

She's married (and to a David), dontcha know ? She's a lovely lady and yes, pretty pleasing to the eye I must agree. We've met/chatted on a couple of occasions and swapped the odd email re: various functions. The last occasion was when James Delingpole came to town. He and I had a good old chat on the balcony of the Royal Perth Yacht Club prior to the evening's proceedings and I've got a signed copy of his "Killing the Earth to Save It"

Nah, I used to moderate the first season X Factor website, then moderated and was admin of the the Official Australian Idol forums for a few years.

Oooer, that sounds like hard work. So you're here to relax, eh ? :)

You are certainly a polarising character (I think I have used the word 'obtuse' in the past... remember... your angle ;) )

Heh to the latter, and Good/Yes/I Agree to the former. No flying under the radar for this glinty eyed "shot on sight in W.A." little bird.

.. but some of your videos are very cool. NOT the nekkid ones, but the honeymoon GoPro and underwater stuff was super cool, and your music is definitely not bad, I just hope it gets more appreciated elsewhere...

Cheers Bleachy. Life is too short to get to do everything, I reckon, but at least with youtubes we can all get an idea about things that we might never get to try ourselves. As you can see from comments on the lagoon snorkel one, somebody appears to have enjoyed the virtual experience ... and didn't even realise they were doing it upsidedown at the time. lol.

There is another angle to why so much personal stuff (including the odd bit of numba1son) goes up there though. Tis to do with the fact I'm adopted. I would like to think that my Very Internut and IT Savvy (don't ask how I know this) biological mum takes the odd peek every now and then.

I think I would actually have a good conversation with you IRL

I'm sure we would. After all, my awesome muso mate Will Shepherd is prolly more of a Abbott hating left-ard than a wack-a-mole arcade machine populated by a labor of humphrey vox pops !

Just got home from another afternoon of jamming with him and the lads again, and this time (due to him falling off his bike and hurting his wrist) I was using his guitar all arvo. As you can see from the various "the jam" tubes, plus the youtube of gigs we've done in left-ardic Fremantle, plus the fact that he and the lads were The Band for The Wedding of LSCP and I, not only am I not in even the slightest bit allergic to left-ards, but also they can be quiet fond of me. :D

Online is Online, Real World is Real World ... and most my friends are left-ards, can't you see their collectivism shine ?

And so it goes, goes 'round again, and now and then we wonder who the real Left are ? ;) :)

I actually agree with some of what you say ...

Oooer, naughty phrase alert ! :)

I'm just not a fan of your delivery. If I'm being honest I think it's counter-productive. Not that that makes me right and you wrong at all, it's just my observation/opinion.

Hey, at least I'm not an adult talking like a two year old. Like, I made the mistake of watching an episode of the current BB the other night, and was utterly bewildered by "skye".

Is she for real ?

Has she been speaking like a toddler the entire season, or is it a more recent thing and the result of some sort of melt down ?

If the former, then I shudder to think of what she must be like in the Real World / her job.

"how to I put staples in this staple thingy, don't leave me on my own, pout pout, blub blub, noooo, waa, they don't fit, how do you do it, its too hard, why is paper white and ink black, why do we say ten and not tenty like we do for twenty and thirty, waa, blub blub, awwww" ... etc.

Anyhoo, after what I saw there, I ain't going to be tuning back into the current season any time again soon.

Would rather be watching The Legend of Dick and Dom, even if only for all the "dad jokes". :)

regarDS

Last edited:
"Yesterday I ..." had a "WTH ? moment.

You see, the other month I lost my pinkie ring loaned to me by LSCP. I thought I'd taken it off and put it on one of the tyres of my tractor while I disconnected and moved a trailer one night.

myprecious.jpg
(yup, my munted index finger, as per pics/story the other month, nearly has its nail back)

Not too safe to wear a bulky ring on one's little finger when moving heavy lumps of metal around, I reckon.

I'd noticed it missing later that evening so went back out to the tractor with a torch but couldn't find it. I figured it must have rolled off and got lost in the weeds growing out of the gravel, so the next day, after looking around some more and not finding it, I got busy spraying the driveway with good old farmer's friend (glysophate) to kill off the weeds.

Over a month later (and the driveway now free of weeds), there was still no sign of My Precious.

Oh well.

Okay, now for the "WHT ?" moment.

"Yesterday I ..." was rolling up/back some of the lovely ground cover in the following picture so that the boat you see in the back ground could be moved to a new location sort of riding on top of the ground cover like on water. It's now moored on an angle between the two poles and is well on its way to being a new frog and yabby pond. A pic of that another time ...

mordor.jpg

This location is at least over 20 metres away from the tractor, up hill from it, and with two outbuildings, two ponds, and a wooden deck in between. The red arrow is supposed to be pointing towards the middle rear of the ground cover that cascades over a retaining wall and some steps.

When I rolled back (towards LSCP's anniversary present swing chair in the foreground) what should I spy sitting on the clay directly in front of me ?

Yup, "my precious". Laying flat on the ground under around 10 to 15cm of thick/dense heavy ground cover.

Yeah. WTH !

Be pretty difficult for anything to fall through it, so I'm discounting it being picked up and dropped by a crow ... and crows wouldn't go for shiny in the dark would they ?

So, perhaps it was swallowed and passed by a bobtail lizard or snake ? Or carried off by a rodent (not that I've ever seen any rodent larger than a field mouse on the property ... and they are on the bobtail's menu anyway. :))

Other ideas include and are not limited to ...

... alien abduction

... sleep walking (same dif ? :D)

... my psychokinesis suffering a rogue moment (it wouldn't be the first time)

... I've woken up in the wrong universe again (why is it always the one where I get 9 out of 10 red lights and every power and audio cable in my possession is tangled ?)

... I only thought I'd taken my precious off and put it on the tractor tyre when really it had got caught and pulled off when I was adjusting the reticulation dripper in that area on the same evening.

Yeah, that was prolly it.

... though it certainly doesn't explain the strange cuts and markings on my body I've been waking up with since the ring went missing. :D

regarDS

"Yesterday I ..." had a "WTH ? moment.

You see, the other month I lost my pinkie ring loaned to me by LSCP. I thought I'd taken it off and put it on one of the tyres of my tractor while I disconnected and moved a trailer one night.

View attachment 45428
(yup, my munted index finger, as per pics/story the other month, nearly has its nail back)

Not too safe to wear a bulky ring on one's little finger when moving heavy lumps of metal around, I reckon.

I'd noticed it missing later that evening so went back out to the tractor with a torch but couldn't find it. I figured it must have rolled off and got lost in the weeds growing out of the gravel, so the next day, after looking around some more and not finding it, I got busy spraying the driveway with good old farmer's friend (glysophate) to kill off the weeds.

Over a month later (and the driveway now free of weeds), there was still no sign of My Precious.

Oh well.

Okay, now for the "WHT ?" moment.

"Yesterday I ..." was rolling up/back some of the lovely ground cover in the following picture so that the boat you see in the back ground could be moved to a new location sort of riding on top of the ground cover like on water. It's now moored on an angle between the two poles and is well on its way to being a new frog and yabby pond. A pic of that another time ...

View attachment 45429

This location is at least over 20 metres away from the tractor, up hill from it, and with two outbuildings, two ponds, and a wooden deck in between. The red arrow is supposed to be pointing towards the middle rear of the ground cover that cascades over a retaining wall and some steps.

When I rolled back (towards LSCP's anniversary present swing chair in the foreground) what should I spy sitting on the clay directly in front of me ?

Yup, "my precious". Laying flat on the ground under around 10 to 15cm of thick/dense heavy ground cover.

Yeah. WTH !

Be pretty difficult for anything to fall through it, so I'm discounting it being picked up and dropped by a crow ... and crows wouldn't go for shiny in the dark would they ?

So, perhaps it was swallowed and passed by a bobtail lizard or snake ? Or carried off by a rodent (not that I've ever seen any rodent larger than a field mouse on the property ... and they are on the bobtail's menu anyway. :))

Other ideas include and are not limited to ...

... alien abduction

... sleep walking (same dif ? :D)

... my psychokinesis suffering a rogue moment (it wouldn't be the first time)

... I've woken up in the wrong universe again (why is it always the one where I get 9 out of 10 red lights and every power and audio cable in my possession is tangled ?)

... I only thought I'd taken my precious off and put it on the tractor tyre when really it had got caught and pulled off when I was adjusting the reticulation dripper in that area on the same evening.

Yeah, that was prolly it.

... though it certainly doesn't explain the strange cuts and markings on my body I've been waking up with since the ring went missing. :D

regarDS

Bugger, I must have nodded off...

So did you find the tractor?

Bitch, u just made me spray berocca all over my phone screen!

Lols at the thought of the tracter rolling off and getting lost in the weeds ... and derspatz crunching around on the gravel illuminated by faint led torchlight and muttering away to the angels as he searches in vain for an abducted 2 tonnes lump of rusting machinery.

Sounds like an average night when on the ouzo to me ...

regarDS

Today I came on here for the first time in yonks - thanks KKK :) I'm still alive, not kicking quite so much. A bit bewildered at where I am and the hows and whys and what the fuck was I thinking that got me here.

So, not too much different than many others. I hope.

Life is interesting and seems at times to happen all at once.. but really is just one single day, one single decision at a time.

lol. Hopefully ^ that not withstanding, I haven't turned into a complete fuckwit. :)

I'm working on a guys 10 page submission to Image Publishing lately. Here's the first 3 pages... It's about vampires and called Black Rose.

black_rose___splash_page_by_seane-d84zhps.jpg

blackrose_02_by_seane-d85cny5.jpg

blackrose_page_3_by_seane-d85kosr.jpg

Today I came on here for the first time in yonks - thanks KKK :) I'm still alive, not kicking quite so much. A bit bewildered at where I am and the hows and whys and what the fuck was I thinking that got me here.

Life is interesting and seems at times to happen all at once.. but really is just one single day, one single decision at a time.

lol. Hopefully ^ that not withstanding, I haven't turned into a complete fuckwit. :)
Haha YOUR life sounds like MY life with all the bewilderment , and how m whys and what the fucks :biggrin:

Reactions: kxk

Hello, alli. We are twins. Today I posted for the first time in yonks too.
If you have turned into a complete fuckwit I'll still love you :inlove:

Back