Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Today I looked at a stick of laptop RAM/memory that I found on the floor of the bin area in my building a couple of weeks ago. It turns out it is EXACTLY the right type for my crappy notebook, thus doubling its RAM from 1GB to 2GB.

That's exceedingly unlikely! Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket.

@derspatz!

You are seriously too funny, you stupid stupid man!

People in here see my 6345 "likes" and incorrectly assume people in here enjoy what I have to say. They don't realise you awarded me with 6344 of them out of spite!

Makes me laugh out loud every single time I get a notification from you!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

^ @Trala hey, sure, I Like you babe, but ...

okay, back to the re-mastered Halo 2 campaign from the Master Chief Collection on the xbone. :D

regarDS

Last edited:
"Today I ... am waiting for the panedine forte und naprosyn to kick in after encountering a similar situation to wot Ben does at around the 1:20 minute mark in the following.

In my case, it was the rear binding that didn't let go of my (right) foot on a carve that went wrong, and I heard a lovely popping sound from around the ankle area followed by the sudden urge to throw up. lol.

So, I rolled onto the grass, laughed loudly, swore at myself for not bothering to set the gopro up, crawled over to my water bottle, laughed some more, held my gorge down, had a feel around the area that went "pop" but didn't find anything that would make me scream.

Anyhoo, I considered getting back on the horse straight away but decided that some roolz should submit to common sense and so hobbled home instead and found something suitable to wash down the suitable anti-inflammatories ... ;)

Damn. Was looking forward to getting some youtube-able footage of my attempts to learn how to Freebord, too.

Oh well, will have to wait for another day.

In the meantime, time to loosen that rear-most binding ... and perhaps go hunt for a pair of ankle supporting cheap snowboard boots on gumtree. lol.

Still no real swelling ... I guess things just popped out and then straight back in again.

Good thing I'm married to a dancer who keeps this old bloke nice and limber. :D

regarDS

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee
harleyquinn_dawn.jpg

pencils = dawn mcteigue
inks = vitali iakovlev

Over the last few weeks I've been buried under commission work. First off some Zenescope covers and then a guy's 10 page vampire story (submission for Image)

But now with some down-time I've been able to squeeze this one in.

cheers
Sean

"Today I ..." asked The Slingshot Guy when he is gunna make a sheep launcher.

Specifically, and in comments to:

"Hi from Western Australia, Joerg ! The wife and I have been enjoying your youtubes for ages now ... they are a good clean source of easy going mirth and joy for whenever a bit of that sort of thing is required, so please keep up the good work and thank you. :)

Have you seen "How to train your Dragon 2" (the movie) yet ?

If so, any thoughts / plans on doing a (fake) sheep launching slingshot ?

tschuss !

regarDS

David & Seanne"

Will keep yas posted re: any replies or efforts in that regard.

regarDS

@derspatz How is the archery going?

Any William Tell action?

Judge for yourself ...

:D

... but seriously, haven't filmed much of our own archery for a while now (though still have a whole bunch of footage still to process when I get a round toit).

As for William Tell type accuracy, there's always the Archery Australia State Champion on a recurve followed by a couple of longbowers (I'm the longbower wearing the gopro. lol) who achieve the archery equivalent of all three scoring a hole in one on the same hole on the same t-off, here:

From my archery playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNwCCCYD-MXSpXyNajxdSaJEB0vFHuEoC

(range ? about 30 paces)

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
Judge for yourself ...

:D

... but seriously, haven't filmed much of our own archery for a while now (though still have a whole bunch of footage still to process when I get a round toit).

As for William Tell type accuracy, there's always the Archery Australia State Champion on a recurve followed by a couple of longbowers (I'm the longbower wearing the gopro. lol) who achieve the archery equivalent of all three scoring a hole in one on the same hole on the same t-off, here:

From my archery playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNwCCCYD-MXSpXyNajxdSaJEB0vFHuEoC

(range ? about 30 paces)

regarDS
haha fater all these years I like you (even tho yr a cunt) you playing gigs now or just in the garage?

I saw the last effort bit goin orn

^ Me and the bass player from "the jam" youtubes/playlist helped out another mate with a wedding gig the other day but mostly all of us are not all that interested in gigging any more ... too much like hard work. We much prefer to just jam and sit around talking crap during break times. :)

"Today I ..." was both stunned and amused while watching one of a couple of 3D documentaries I put on for a bit of R&R.

First up was "Rainforest 3D" by Electric Sky productions.

What stunned and amused me was that the hubris filled ~scientist~ lass busy trying to ~save~ unthreatened bats by training them to respond to sounds put out by a sound system over on an island in the midst of the Panama canal was using an old Realistic SA-150 amplifier.

Firstly, I was stunned that such an ancient beasty of a cheapy amplifier should not only turn up in the middle of the Panama Canal, but also it would be part of a scientist's accoutrements. I was amused that such cheap-arsed tech from over 30 years ago is obviously better than modern day cheap-arsed tech.

You see, not only was my very own first sound system a Dick Smith sold Realistic combo that involved a mini-tape deck, mini-radio tuner, and mini amplifier (the SA-150) that I scored on payments for around $60 back in the early 1980s when I was an apprentice electrician (and prolly borrowed off my mum to finish paying for), but also, to this very day, I still have the amp and use it to power secondary studio monitors.

Just goes to show that the old that is strong does not wither, or, in the case of electrical gear, the old that was made before greenazis made China take the lead out of solder, is better than wot China makes now.

How ironic though that, due to the fact that idiotic planet-destroying greenazis made most of the world take lead out of solder, far more stuff makes its way into landfill sooner due to the fact that unleaded solder grows microscopic tentacles quicker that then short out a device sooner (as well as make it runner hotter / use more power for long before it actually carks it) than from back in the day when lead helped all solder joins stay truer longer.

... but that's greenazis for ya. Oh, and Hi @Trala ;) :D

Anyhoo, here is a pic of an old lead-included soldered cheap-arsed Realistic amp w0t I also still own and use and what is also used by at least one young scientist studying/changing the behaviour of bats over on the Panama canal.

realistic-sa-150-647356.jpg

Anyone else still got on of these laying around ? I think I'll take and post a picture of mine on the weekend for posterity.

Anyhoo, the other, and far more awesome 3D doco I watched, was Papua 3D. Can see LSCP and I booking a diving holiday to there for somewhere between Oct & Feb one year ...

regarDS

... or for something Realistically disturbing:

(backs out of youtube slowly ...)

regarDS

Today I have noticed that - rather than the traffic increasing dramatically - the amount of people visiting and posting in here in the lead up to the Grand Finale is slowing down. Usually I come in twice a day, click on 'new posts' and there are 7 pages or more. Each of the threads I visit usually have a number of pages to catch up on as well. Today there were only 3 pages of new posts and only a few posts on most of those (that I visited). I'm sure this is a reflection on the quality of the season.

... or for something Realistically disturbing:

(backs out of youtube slowly ...)

regarDS
I'm disturbed... but I don't know whats worse ?? Buying that crap to being with, admitting to it &/or making a video about it that the world can see...

GFT_whitequeen.jpg

Pencils by Peppe Cafaro :iconenochrain:
Inks - I'm not sure... (anyone? anyone? Bueller Bueller...?)
Colour by me :)

Now out in solicitations such as on westfield comics --> http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-bo...ents-White-Queen-cover-B--Cafaro-Aod/14121175 for February 2015

I've done two Zenescope covers for next month! - a Jungle Book (Reyes) , and a Robyn Hood - Avella (Ortiz) so keep a look out for those next month! :)

cheers
Sean

Today I'm staying out of the storms and hoping they ease up by the finale.

"Today I ..." found that the following was just what I needed. Perhaps it is just what some of you need too ?

Deem "Illegitimi non carborundum" included.

Hey, if ya can't walk it off, at least try and laugh it off, yes ? ;) :)

regarDS

Back