Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Goldman Show UP LATE EDITION
Posted on September 17, 2014

by MikeyG
http://traffic.libsyn.com/mikegoldmanpodcast/EP2.mp300:0000:0011:53

Caught up with Luttsy from the NOVA breakky show at our Big Brother auditorium on the Gold Coast to chat about the show, who he thinks is the hottest babe, the alpha male, who will be the first to go and more. Plus we give all the voting numbers are at the end of the podcast. If you want to win big brother tickets or merchandise please send your comments, questions and complaints to my twitter @mikeygold I read them all. -
See more at: http://www.onthemike.com/

'I just need to let it out!': Gemma and Jake lead the nominations as HALF of the Big Brother house faces eviction while Gemma shocks the housemates with violent display
By Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 22:55 AEST, 17 September 2014 | Updated: 00:19 AEST, 18 September 2014

In a week that has seen David polarise the Big Brother housemates with his comments about Lisa's small breasts and Sandra's thighs, the bearded big mouth fared surprisingly well with the first round of nominations.
It was the statuesque Gemma who caught the brunt of the contestants discontent, with only two pairs choosing not to single her out specifically for nomination.
Gemma and Jake led the nominations, which saw four pairs - half the entire house - facing eviction this coming weekend.
1410958462421_wps_15_gemma_seg_7_jpg.jpg

Up for eviction: Jake and Gemma led the nominations with 17 points and facing eviction in the first live exit Big Brother show on Sunday
1410960950793_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_23h13m.JPG

Point tally: Gemma and Jake received the most nomination points with 17, and David and Sandra were just behind with 14 points
The pair received 17 points, with Jake laughing and trying to take it good naturedly by saying '17 points, sick!'.

David's comments clearly did have a strong effect on the other housemates, however, with David and Sandra this next couple on the chopping block with 14 points.
Blonde duo Skye and Lisa were third with seven points and new pairing Travis and Cat with six points.
1410958659458_wps_6_david_2_seg_7_jpg.jpg

Unexpected result: After a week of making insensitive comments, it wasn't David who led the nominations - which was a surprising result
1410958830855_Image_galleryImage_david_3_seg_7_jpg.JPG

Going home?: But David and Sandra did come in second, scoring 14 nomination points from the others
1410959016702_wps_8_hug_seg_5_jpg.jpg

Tough time: The first round of nominations was grueling for pair Aisha and Lawson, who shared a moment
Two of the housemates are said to be going home on Sunday in the first live eviction show.
If the housemates had their way Gemma might be packing her bags already, after having a melt down over feeling 'invisible' in the house.
The 29-year-old from Perth burst into tears after the ultimate pairs challenge, saying that she felt housemates were intentionally talking over her.
1410959382844_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h44m.JPG

Tense time: No one in the house could afford to relax ahead of the nominations announcement
1410959435299_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h45m.JPG

It's time to go... : Skye and Lisa were particularly tense and ended up on the chopping block with four pairs
1410959056844_wps_11_line_up_seg_8_jpg.jpg

Final countdown: Four pairs, eight housemates and half the entire Big Brother house are facing eviction
Sitting by herself on a lounge chair by the pool, she had a quick cry while covering her face with a black and white sarong.
A few minutes later she tried to pull herself together by walking into the house, but was reduced to tears once more as she tried to express how she felt with a handful of the others.
'Travis was always talking over me and I was just like, shut up!' she said.
1410959517331_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h25m.JPG

Sulky Gemma: After the ultimate pairs challenge she hid under a sarong and had a cry by the poolside
1410959591954_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h31m.JPG

1410959676642_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h31m.JPG

Invisible woman?: The 6"6" beauty broke down because she said that she felt 'invisible' in the house
1410959741115_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h30m.JPG

Comforting friends: The contestants tried to make her feel better after she said Travis was talking over her intentionally
'When is it my turn? What about me?
'Some people are doing it on bloody purpose. In group conversations I feel like I'm not being heard.'
After being consoled by the group, particularly Katie, she moved to the bathroom - still in tears - where she continued to talk about being under appreciated.
1410960889335_wps_27_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h47m.jpg

'I just need to let it out!': Gemma lashed out at her pillows, punching one over and over again in the bedroom
1410960462032_wps_14_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h49m.jpg

1410960004455_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h46m.JPG

Shocking behaviour: Jason was frozen in the spot wearing his underwear as he watched frustrated Gemma
1410960068711_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h32m.JPG

Temper tantrum: The 29-year-old's dramatic gesture was witness by several housemates who watched on
She was also vocal about missing her close friends, one girlfriend in particular, before moving to the bedroom in an act that shocked the house.
The 6'6" strawberry blonde leaped on her bed in front of a small group of contestants and began aggressively punching her pink pillow, over and over again.
'I just need to let it out!' she said, frustrated.
Meanwhile, a shocked Jason stared on in nothing but his underpants - frozen in place by the sudden violent outburst.
While the other housemates watching awkwardly on, Jason couldn't move as Gemma finally stopped punching the pillow and began crying again.
1410960133257_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h46m.JPG

Creature comforts: Despite the sudden violent outburst, the fellow contestants did their best to console her
1410960183437_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_17_22h32m.JPG

Defining behaviour: Just hours after the incident she was nominated by all but two pairs for eviction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2759364/I-just-need-let-Gemma-Jake-lead-nominations-HALF-Big-Brother-house-faces-eviction-Gemma-shocks-housemates-violent-display.html#ixzz3DaaUXWJN

Four pairs face the first eviction in Big Brother Australia
SHARE STUMBLE SHARE PIN TWEET
by Daniel Falconer | 17 September 2014
Tonight's episode of Big Brother Australia on Channel Nine saw all of the housemates nominate for the first time as pairs in the Diary Room.
In the usual Australian format, 5 points are given to each pair to nominate, which they can divide one of two ways - giving a fellow pair 4 and 1 points, or the alternative 3 and 2 points.
jason-and-dion-power-room-bbau-big-brother-australia.jpg
Jason and Dion / Credit: Channel Nine
After all nominations were secured the points divided so that four pairs will face the public vote: Jake and Gemma (17 points), David and Sandra (14 points), Skye and Lisa (7 points) and Travis and Cat (6 points).
However, the pair with the fewest public votes to save will not both be evicted, but face a twist which will see their fellow housemates decide which one of them gets a second chance, and who leaves forever.
Fans were then treated to a highlights reel of the action from the past 24 hours in the house, which included Skye in tears telling Big Brother that she thinks she's now being excluded by partner Lisa in favour of new housemates - poodles Ned and Kelly.
The Perfect Pair championships continued which will see the winners walk away with $30,000 from the prize fund to split, with Aisha and Lawson up against Skye and Lisa.
travis-comforts-skye-big-brother-australia-bbau.jpg
Travis comforts Skye / Credit: Channel Nine
Jake and Gemma also had to face off against a confident Travis and Cat, with Travis telling Cat they're the new Power Couple in the house and will definitely win the money - before Jake and Gemma won the challenge.
Gemma is finding house life tough as she believes everyone talks over her and as she begins to have a meltdown she punches a pillow in frustration.
Things get awkward when tricky questions come from all angles and Gemma admits she had a dirty dream about Dion. David thinks Sandra is the whole package but believes that he himself is the least exciting housemate in the house.
Australia can now vote to save their favourite pairs in the following ways:
BY CALLING
JAKE AND GEMMA 1902 55 95 01
DAVID AND SANDRA 1902 55 95 03
SKYE AND LISA 1902 55 95 05
CAT AND TRAVIS 1902 55 95 04
BY TEXTING
To save your favourite Housemates text one of their names to 199 55 999 (Only SMS one name at a time)
JAKE, GEMMA, DAVID, SANDRA, CAT, TRAVIS, SKYE or LISA
* e.g. texting Jakes name will count as one Vote to Save for the Pair of Jake and Gemma, as will texting Gemma’s name, and so on.
ON FACEBOOK
“Like” the Big Brother Facebook page (facebook.com/BigBrotherAU), click on the BIG BROTHER Voting Application and follow the instructions to submit a vote to save your favourite Housemate.
by Daniel Falconer for www.femalefirst.co.uk

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/reality/bigbrother/four-pairs-face-first-big-brother-australia-eviction-537187.html#ixzz3DacC8ynI

Big Brother a sinister social experiment

September 18, 2014 - 12:15AM
Debi Enker

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6126080710h18cimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.10h153.png1410968773193.jpg-620x349.jpg

Deceptively sweet: Big Brother host Sonia Kruger chats to Sam and Cat.

Sonia Kruger is the perfect host for Big Brother. Looking glam in a parade of striking outfits, her well-publicised baby bump subtly evident, she's runway-ready. Full of sass and sparkle, eyes gleaming with mischief, she is keen for the nasty thrill of this twisted game, for Sonia has a rapier wit and the capacity to skewer a contestant who mistakes her for an ally. She is an emissary from the Dark Side, that unseen army behind the house walls, who, despite what this new season might try to suggest, holds all the power. Like everything else on Big Brother, she is testament to the fact looks can be deceiving.

Kruger recently greeted 16 new housemates for the monster reality-TV show's 11th season, the third on Channel Nine. They bounded into the studio, beaming, waving, hugging the host and gushing about themselves in front of a cheering audience. They came like flies to a honey pot, or moths to a flame, perhaps attracted by the promise of attention, or maybe by the $250,000 prize money. Whatever the lure, introverts and shrinking violets need not apply. There is no room for reticence in the Big Brother house.
"I don't take crap from anyone; I can be quite confronting," declared Katie. "I'm super-confident and I don't like to lose," announced Jake. "I don't like war, that politics thing and stinky bad breath," said Skye, sounding like a parody of a beauty pageant contestant and initially set up to look like the resident Barbie. "As deep as a paddling pool," opined Perth nurse Gemma about her. Then, there is Priya, around whom the first week of the new season was largely built: "I am bossy. I like to be in control. I am a bit of a narcissist. I can be a bit self-obsessed. I don't mind if I'm being loved or hated, as long as I'm being talked about ... I'm in your face, unapologetically."
Watching Priya trying to negotiate the money-or-food challenge of the opening week was like watching a car crash. She was told she had power. She was given a decision to make with her partner, Katie: a windfall of $10,000 each, or the wellbeing of the group by ensuring them a decent diet. Their decision to keep the cash was the first of a series of choices that, predictably, led to a division in the house as its hungry and increasingly resentful residents rounded on the power couple. It was but the first gambit designed to sow the seeds of discontent among the players. In this game, a happy house is not a desired goal.

The notion of power on Big Brother is an illusion. No one has it, except the producers: not the housemates and not the audience, despite Nine's promise of "you decide". It's all about keeping the game lively: the rules can change at any time and Big Brother – represented by a disembodied, preternaturally calm voice – doesn't have to justify anything.
The treatment of Priya, who was set up for a fall, or at least a very rocky ride, was reminiscent of that of the "Spice Girls", Jessie and Biswa, on the fourth season of My Kitchen Rules: these vocal and opinionated young women from the sub-continent were positioned so that viewers could gleefully await the time when they got their comeuppance.
Big Brother is a production that is coldly manipulative at every level, from the treehouse to the poolside pop-up diner. The house is designed to look comfortable and welcoming. This season the style is "Miami cool meets Hollywood glamour". The place is painted to look pretty, decked out in bright colours, like a Play School set for grown-ups, yet the reality is closer to a house of horrors: it's a fun-park of weirdness, where everything is distorted and the walls have eyes and ears.
What they reveal, as has historically been the case with this show, is a collection of self-absorbed young adults who spend a lot of time talking about themselves and each other. Amid bouts of eating, drinking, sleeping and lounging, conversation invariably turns to navel-gazing, gossip, sniping and griping, broken only when Big Brother intrudes to announce the next hoop through which the housemates will be required to jump.

Part of the deadening impact of watching the show has always been the selection of housemates. With eyes trained on the desired viewing demographic, the producers have traditionally gone with fairly homogenous groups in a similar age bracket: there's never been the kind of diversity that some reality-TV shows employ to make the action more interesting. This season, with a nod to My Kitchen Rules and The Block, they've added a twist that requires housemates, at least initially, to play in pairs so as to extract some juice from the dynamics between them.

As it grinds along, Big Brother retains a gruesome fascination. It is like watching rats in a maze, albeit one disguised as a plush playground. I always feel a bit grubby and slightly debased after spending time with this brightly coloured, yet sinister TV laboratory.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/big-brother-a-sinister-social-experiment-20140915-10h153.html#ixzz3DafmIOL1

'When do we commence operation be nice?': Facing eviction, David tries to make amends with the Big Brother housemates for 'ruffling some feathers' in his first week
By Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 22:41 AEST, 18 September 2014 | Updated: 00:13 AEST, 19 September 2014

He has polarised the Big Brother housemates in his first week and when it came time to nominate contestants for eviction, the house let their feelings about David be known.
Nominated on 14 points with his partner Sandra and behind Gemma and Jake on 17, David spent the day after nominations on damage control.
The 31-year-old from Sydney sought out Sam and Sandra for advice on how to improve his standing in the house while lounging poolside.
1411043758898_wps_1_Daily_Show_180914_3_jpg.jpg

Mr Unpopular: David has been one of the least liked members of the Big Brother house since arriving
'You guys need to work on your non-bickering, Sandra even said that herself,' noted Sam.

'When do we commence operation be nice?' asked David.
Sandra was quick to respond: 'Now.'
David even asked Big Brother for advice, sitting down in the Diary Room and suggesting that he and Sandra need 'marriage counselling'.
1411045363697_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_21h57m.JPG

Redemption song: The 31-year-old first asked Sam and Sandra for advice about how to improve his standing
1411045532106_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_21h58m.JPG

1411045558332_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_21h57m.JPG

Operation be nice: David took Sandra's advice about changing his demeanor to heart right away
'I don't come up here often... so when I come up here I think it's a genuine issue,' he said.
'I think Sandra and I need marriage counselling. That's what this partnership is, it's a marriage.
'I can see we love stirring each other but every time we stir each other I feel like I come out the bad guy.'
His manner was one of the big talking points among the housemates, with Priya noting that he's likely to be his own undoing.
1411045679318_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h01m.JPG

Dinner debate: David brought the issue to the attention of the 15 other housemates over dinner that night
1411045833946_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h00m.JPG

Important advice: After talking with Sam and a visit to the Diary Room he decided that would be the setting
1411045910445_wps_32_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h05m.jpg

1411045909248_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h02m.JPG

Ruffled some feathers: He admitted to rubbing the people the wrong way with his unique brand of humour
'I feel like David is living in a bubble and his bubble is his own destruction,' she told Big Brother.
Sandra too shared her feelings: 'I do feel resentment towards Dave for being put up for nomination for stupid things that he has done and said.'
David decided to bring up the subject at dinner time and talk to the whole house about his behaviour.
'I know I ruffle some feathers but feel like people have become very dismissive of me and my bed has been made,' he said to the 15 other contestants.
1411046417751_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h01m.JPG

High praise: Katie applauded David for being a man about it and bringing up a tough topic in front of them all
1411046463982_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h02m.JPG

Meanwhile.... : Dion and Skye seemed a lot less interested in what he had to say and were clearly pained
1411046510738_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h05m.JPG

Hard hitter: Travis asked the big question: what was David's motivation for bring it up in front of everyone?
Earlier in the week David had come to blows with Lisa after she overheard him critcising the shape and size of her breasts to the other guys.
Unsurprisingly, she had little sympathy for him.
'I think it's ironic that this is your problem when this is exactly what you did to me,' she said.
Meanwhile Katie praised him for having the courage to speak about it: 'I think that's very big of you to bring this up at the table.
1411046578817_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h06m.JPG

Chopping block: David is up for eviction after he received 14 nomination points behind Gemma and Jake
1411047006817_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h06m.JPG

Heart to heart: Travis was honest about why he didn't like David making his issue a house problem
1411047067754_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h06m.JPG

Good advice: Travis made a few surprisingly wise statements for his housemate to take onboard
Sandra compared him to her father: 'I feel like I'm in the Big Brother house with my dad.
'I feel like you're not my dad, get off my back.'
House favourite Travis was suspicious of David's motives for speaking up in front of all the contestants and questioned him on it.
'Are you apologising for the past week for being crass?' he asked.
1411047127304_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h17m.JPG

Pole dance: The ultimate pair challenge moved on to the next round with a psychical test for the pairs
1411044619720_wps_20_Daily_Show_180914_4_jpg.jpg

Endurance battle: The duos had to stand on the pillars for as long as they could without falling off
1411044629283_wps_21_Daily_Show_180914_5_jpg.jpg

Close and personal: Aisha and Lawson held their own and didn't mind holding each other either
'I'm trying to work out why you brought this up, what's the whole point of it?
'What are you gaining from this? I'm not gonna change my personality due to someone's insecurities.'
David tried to explain: 'I'm apologising for being abrupt and things like this.'
Gemma sympathised: 'I feel exactly the same, like I'm not being listened to... just because you've said "No", I'm still here, I'm not going away.'
After the dinner meeting, David and Travis had a pow-wow with Travis passing on some surprisingly wise advice to his bearded housemate.
1411047441884_wps_34_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h17m.jpg

1411047440600_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_18_22h17m.JPG

Traviia time: Travis entertained the bored housemates with Travia - his own version of trivia
1411044679638_wps_28_Daily_Show_180914_1_jpg.jpg

Beard attack: Sandra didn't want to get too close to David's beard and in the end they lost to their rivals
'If you're being dismissed by a few people I'd go up to them individually, not bring it up like a whole group matter.
'It's your issue, not the house's issue.
'Girls at times think you're being inappropriate in what you say.
'So don't do it and naturally you'll start feeling more welcome and more heard.'
Partners Aisha and Lawson and David and Sandra had to face off against each other in the ultimate partner challenge to win $30,000 with the couples tasked with standing on a pillar for the longest.
As the hours past, Travis tried to keep everyone amused with a unique game of Travisia - his own version of trivia - which provided a laugh.
With Sandra reluctant to get close to David's beard, they eventually lost and fell of the pillar with Aisha and Lawson progressing to the grand final.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2760838/When-commence-operation-nice-Facing-eviction-David-tries-make-amends-Big-Brother-housemates-ruffling-feathers-week.html#ixzz3Dg7XJX1n

"Beard attack: Sandra didn't want to get too close to David's beard and in the end they lost to their rivals"

So immature. I hope she goes first to be honest.

Save Wagga's Big Brother housemate Sandra, dad urges
By Brodie Owen
The father of Wagga's Big Brother housemate is encouraging the city to back one of their own.
r0_169_3784_2290_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Peter Nixon's daughter, Sandra, is in the Big Brother house, and he's urging Wagga to get behind their girl. Picture: Les Smith

THE father of Wagga's Big Brother housemate is encouraging the city to back one of their own.
Peter Nixon, whose daughter is Big Brother contestant Sandra, wants "as many people as possible" to vote to save the housemate from eviction.
Sandra, a well-known softballer with Kooringal, and manager of Wagga's Bonds store, received 14 votes with her pair David the second highest of the four pairs up for eviction.

"The fact they are in a pair hasn't necessarily helped her cause," Mr Nixon said.
"But in the end it is just a game."
Mr Nixon said he is unsure how Australia will vote come eviction night next Tuesday at 8.40pm on the WIN Network.
"Most certainly, I'd love to see as many people as possible save her," he said.
"She is a Wagga girl."

Friendly push lands Sandra in the Big Brother house
The father of Wagga's Big Brother 2014 contestant Sandra Nixon has revealed she was nominated by a friend to enter the house.
But Sandra's father, Peter Nixon, sees Sandra's initial reluctance to grace the small screen as her most valuable asset.
Mr Nixon said if the power of humility prevails, Sandra could bring home the money pot.
"She said right from the start she was going to go in there and be herself and that's what she said to the production crew all along," he said.
"She said 'I'm not going to go in there and be someone else'."
Best known for her sporting prowess with softball club Kooringal, Sandra was working as a manager at Wagga's Bonds store before entering the competition.
Despite the initial hype and ceremony as she entered the house last week, Sandra has this week received little screen time.
Mr Nixon said the first few weeks will be Sandra's biggest challenge as she battles it out to carve her name between the 19 other housemates.
r0_291_1729_1347_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sandra Nixon pitches for Kooringal in 2013. Picture: Alastair Brook
"The others seem to be getting a lot of the limelight," he said.
"But if she gets through the first few weeks without being evicted, I think she has a chance of doing quite well.
"People will get an opportunity to see her personality and the fact that she is genuine."
Under a Big Brother twist, Sandra has entered the house with a partner, David, of Goulburn.
Mr Nixon said the partnership is the best opportunity for Sandra because her sense of humour "bounces off people".
"She has an excellent sense of humour," he said.
"Most people would say she's really bubbly and has a good personality. It's what she's known for."

Probably like most fathers, Mr Nixon felt some "trepidation" with Sandra entering the house.
He has spoken frequently with his wife, Helen, about how the duo would cope without seeing Sandra for weeks on end.
"That's probably the main hesitation we had," he said.
"But she's an adult now so she can do what she likes and I'll always support what she does.
"There was plenty of excitement when she was announced because it's a pretty big achievement. 13,000 people auditioned in the first place."
Mr Nixon said he would remain proud of Sandra regardless of the outcome.
"Whatever will be will be," he said.
Being the first to admit he's not a Big Brother fan, Mr Nixon said only one thing would change should Sandra be evicted: "I think I'll flick over to the footy."
What: Big Brother 2014
Where: WIN
When: 9pm, Sunday

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/s...g-brother-housemate-sandra-dad-urges/?cs=4085

'I can’t wait to see Jake's face when he sees me!': 2013 Big Brother winner and real life housemate of 2014 contestant Tim Dormer will return to the house
By Penelope Kilby for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 21:27 AEST, 19 September 2014 | Updated: 21:39 AEST, 19 September 2014
He changed the way Big Brother was played thanks to his strategic thinking and mind game tactics.
And now the competition's 2013 winner, Tim Dormer will re-enter the house.
The return of Tim to the Big Brother compound could ruffle some feather, particularly for current housemate Jake who actually lives with Dormer on the outside.
1411126777030_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2013_Finale_n.JPG

Surprise! Big Brother 2013 winner Tim Dormer is set to re-enter the house
1411125761917_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Trouble follows him! Tim's return to the house will no doubt ruffle a few feathers
Talking to Daily Mail Australia, Tim said: 'I can’t wait to see Jake's face when he sees me, knowing none of the other housemates know that we are real life housemates.'
Saying that trouble follows him wherever he goes, just like his first stint on the reality TV show, the curly-haired prankster will no doubt have some tricks up his sleeve to affect everyone's time in the house.
'I have been enjoying watching the show from my couch in my living room, and now I get to go in to the Big Brother House and have an effect on the game,' he said.
1411125696945_wps_9_Big_Brother_Australia.jpg

Secrets: The housemates are unaware that on the outside, Tim and new contestant Jake are actually housemates
1411125734597_wps_10_EXCLUSIVE_Big_Brother_con.jpg

Stirring the pot! Talking to Daily Mail Australia, Tim said: 'I can’t wait to see Jake's face when he sees me, knowing none of the other housemates know that we are real life housemates'
'There can only be one winner, and who better to give them advice than me!'
Watching the current season play out from the comfort of his own home, Tim has picked his favourites from early on and those who he's still unsure about.
'There’s been a lot of drama early on, and I think playing in pairs has protected some people and maybe made some others feel like they can’t be themselves early on in the game.'
'I think they should be shaken up so we really see them starting to think individually.'
Saying he was unsure about Travis, he said he couldn't wait to meet Skye, David and Priya.
1411125815988_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h51m.JPG

A storm is coming! Jake (second from left) as formed some strong friendships in the house already

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2762203/Big-Brother-winner-real-life-housemate-2014-contestant-Tim-Dormer-return-house.html#ixzz3DlJHHPKf

Tim Dormer back in Nine Network’s Big Brother house

448015-9a72fc38-3fc0-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

He’s back ... Last year’s Big Brother winner Tim Dormer has been sent in to the house to “shake things up”. Source: Channel 9
BIG BROTHER has sent last year’s outspoken winner Tim Dormer in to the house in a bid to shake things up and cause some conflict.
The extraordinary move marked the first time in the show’s history a former contestant has re-entered the house.
And how long Tim Dormer will act as a quasi-intruder was yet to be determined.
“I’m in there to shake up the house a little bit, ruffle a few feathers and I’ve got a special secret mission to report back to Big Brother on,” Dormer said.

448043-98182ce2-3fc0-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Polarising figure ... Tim Dormer admits he’s an annoying Big Brother housemate and wants to “ruffle feathers”. Source: Channel 9
The self-confessed troublemaker said he would pick on the people he doesn’t like in a bid to create fireworks.
“I don’t really love Lisa ... I think she’s just a bit negative and maybe plays the victim a little,” he said.
“Travis is a bit of a drongo. He’s that footy jock meat-head and he likes to run his mouth and give out advice, but I don’t think he’s qualified. He’s useless.”
Sunday night’s show will see him dropped in to the Gold Coast compound to carry out a specific set of tasks.
448071-9d87bcea-3fbd-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Second time ... Tim Dormer’s shock stay in the Big Brother house is indefinite. Source: News Corp Australia
One of those tasks will be to tell the housemates they will no longer play the game in pairs after next week’s first eviction. It’ll become every man and woman for themselves, changing the dynamic of the competition.
“Who better to give them a crash course in playing the Big Brother game as individuals than me? That’s going to be a big shock.”
Dormer will act as Head of House, giving him the power to make game-altering decisions. And, as he explains, he doesn’t care if he gets one or two people off-side.
“I don’t have to stay living with them so I can cause as many arguments and drop as many bombs as I like. I don’t care. I’ll walk away, watch and laugh.”
446892-8acfac16-3fbd-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Stranger act ... Tim Dormer and real-life housemate Jake, a contestant on Big Brother. Source: Supplied
One thing he won’t be able to do is talk to the housemates about what’s happening outside their four walls.
“I know how all of them are tracking popularity wise but I’ve been told I can’t share any information from the outside world.”
That includes not revealing that current contestant Jake is Dormer’s real-life housemate in Bondi Beach.
His tasks aside, the notorious ladies’ man said he was also looking forward to meeting Skye, the buxom blonde from the Gold Coast.
Dormer said producers phoned him yesterday “asking if I had plans for the weekend” and he got on a plane to the Gold Coast today.
“We’re going to play (my length of stay) by ear. Who knows — maybe they’ll all hate me and vote me out.”
448151-a5a83e20-3fce-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Caught Tim Dormer’s eye ... Skye sunbathing outside the house in Nine Network’s Big Brother 2014. Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ig-brother-house/story-fn8yvfst-1227064448179[DOUBLEPOST=1411131163][/DOUBLEPOST]Tim Dormer back in Nine Network’s Big Brother house

448015-9a72fc38-3fc0-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

He’s back ... Last year’s Big Brother winner Tim Dormer has been sent in to the house to “shake things up”. Source: Channel 9
BIG BROTHER has sent last year’s outspoken winner Tim Dormer in to the house in a bid to shake things up and cause some conflict.
The extraordinary move marked the first time in the show’s history a former contestant has re-entered the house.
And how long Tim Dormer will act as a quasi-intruder was yet to be determined.
“I’m in there to shake up the house a little bit, ruffle a few feathers and I’ve got a special secret mission to report back to Big Brother on,” Dormer said.

448043-98182ce2-3fc0-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Polarising figure ... Tim Dormer admits he’s an annoying Big Brother housemate and wants to “ruffle feathers”. Source: Channel 9
The self-confessed troublemaker said he would pick on the people he doesn’t like in a bid to create fireworks.
“I don’t really love Lisa ... I think she’s just a bit negative and maybe plays the victim a little,” he said.
“Travis is a bit of a drongo. He’s that footy jock meat-head and he likes to run his mouth and give out advice, but I don’t think he’s qualified. He’s useless.”
Sunday night’s show will see him dropped in to the Gold Coast compound to carry out a specific set of tasks.
448071-9d87bcea-3fbd-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Second time ... Tim Dormer’s shock stay in the Big Brother house is indefinite. Source: News Corp Australia
One of those tasks will be to tell the housemates they will no longer play the game in pairs after next week’s first eviction. It’ll become every man and woman for themselves, changing the dynamic of the competition.
“Who better to give them a crash course in playing the Big Brother game as individuals than me? That’s going to be a big shock.”
Dormer will act as Head of House, giving him the power to make game-altering decisions. And, as he explains, he doesn’t care if he gets one or two people off-side.
“I don’t have to stay living with them so I can cause as many arguments and drop as many bombs as I like. I don’t care. I’ll walk away, watch and laugh.”
446892-8acfac16-3fbd-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

Stranger act ... Tim Dormer and real-life housemate Jake, a contestant on Big Brother. Source: Supplied
One thing he won’t be able to do is talk to the housemates about what’s happening outside their four walls.
“I know how all of them are tracking popularity wise but I’ve been told I can’t share any information from the outside world.”
That includes not revealing that current contestant Jake is Dormer’s real-life housemate in Bondi Beach.
His tasks aside, the notorious ladies’ man said he was also looking forward to meeting Skye, the buxom blonde from the Gold Coast.
Dormer said producers phoned him yesterday “asking if I had plans for the weekend” and he got on a plane to the Gold Coast today.
“We’re going to play (my length of stay) by ear. Who knows — maybe they’ll all hate me and vote me out.”
448151-a5a83e20-3fce-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Caught Tim Dormer’s eye ... Skye sunbathing outside the house in Nine Network’s Big Brother 2014. Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ig-brother-house/story-fn8yvfst-1227064448179

'You're p***** with me!': Priya confronts Gemma about talking behind her back while Aisha admits to feelings for Travis on Big Brother Australia
By Penelope Kilby for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 20:35 AEST, 19 September 2014 | Updated: 22:30 AEST, 19 September 2014

Friday night's episode of Big Brother Australia kicked off with light-hearted banter and some romantic talk.
But it wouldn't be a normal day in the dead-locked compound without a feisty war of words.
Starting her day off with a lesson in her native tongue, Priya taught some of the boys everyday phrases in Indian.
1411122562196_Image_galleryImage_seg_1_boys_scoreboard_jpg.JPG

Class has commenced: Starting her day off with a lesson in her native tongue, Priya taught some of the boys everyday phrases in Indian
Successfully teaching them how to tell a cab driver that they're 'going the wrong way', word soon caught on that Gemma was talking about her behind her back.
Darting to the lounge, where the very tall housemate was hanging out with Jake, Priya confronted her: 'Have you been telling everyone that you're p***** with me? Why would you not say that to me?'
Admitting that Priya certainly had annoyed her during the course of the day, the Indian-born teacher snapped back.
1411122577307_wps_2_SEG_4_priya_angry_jpg.jpg

Priya confronts her attacker: Successfully teaching them how to tell a cab driver that they're 'going the wrong way', word soon caught on that Gemma was talking about her behind her back
1411122627212_wps_3_SEG_4_gemma_close_up_jpg.jpg

Nasty: After failing to justify her actions, Gemma watched as Priya left the room and then burst into laughter
'I'm not offended, just don't go telling others because they're coming back and telling me.'
After failing to justify her actions, Gemma watched as Priya left the room and then burst into laughter.
Meanwhile, Jason bestowed himself the title of house 'match-maker,' in the hope of bringing two sexy housemates together romantically.
1411122687435_Image_galleryImage_SEG_3_jason_gym_jpg.JPG

The Love Doctor: Meanwhile, Jason bestowed himself the title of house 'match-maker,' in the hope of bringing two sexy housemates together romantically
1411122709931_wps_5_seg_2_kiss_jpg.jpg

Smooch! Aisha and Travis had shared lingering kisses in the spa almost a week earlier and now the beautiful Kiwi-born hospitality worker has started to develop feelings for her party pash
Aisha and Travis had shared lingering kisses in the spa almost a week earlier and now the beautiful Kiwi-born hospitality worker has started to develop feelings for her party pash.
Confessing her growing feelings for Travis to Jason, she said she thought he was cute, and compared the 'short' and confident Victorian to her past loves.
'Usually I got for the tall, shy guy,' Aisha confided.
1411122908836_wps_6_SEG_3_aisha_gym_jpg.jpg

It's just, a little crush! Confessing her growing feelings for Travis to Jason, she said she thought he was cute, and compared the 'short' and confident Victorian to her past loves

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2762188/Priya-confronts-Gemma-talking-Aisha-admits-feelings-Travis-Big-Brother-Australia.html#ixzz3DmBhMDzm

John Ibrahim: Sydney’s own Lothario is rumoured to be a man with a seven-day itch
  • ANNETTE SHARP OPINION
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • SEPTEMBER 20, 2014 11:40AM

SYDNEY has its fair share of Lotharios but it seems man of mystery John Ibrahim — variously described as nightclub owner (he denies it), underworld kingpin (he denies it), businessman (happy with it) and generous host (true, by all accounts) — may well be king of them all.

A recent caller to Sydney Confidential’s desk felt it was important this writer know something about a little-known woman auditioning for Channel 9’s current season of Big Brother.

The woman, Lisa Clarke, was once a long-time girlfriend of Ibrahim’s, the caller revealed.

“He called her Miss Weekday,” the caller added mischievously. “She wasn’t the only woman he was seeing at the time ...”

783295-b9ffe6ee-3faa-11e4-aebd-241de91fbb64.jpg

John Ibrahim - Family and friends attend Charlotte Dawson memorial in Surry Hills.

Which got this writer thinking: Who was Miss Weekend? Or was “Miss Weekend”, in fact, two women who, we’d hazard a guess, might have been called Miss Saturday and Miss Sunday?

Your columnist won’t speculate on whether or not the girls were known to each other.

But, given the perks that come with the role — an indulgent bestie, international travel, luxurious accommodations, a career kickstart — it’s understandable why a liberated modern woman might be happy with the arrangement.

Another caller, however, set me straight.

According to reader No.2, Clarke wasn’t at all happy to learn the relationship — one which started when she was 17 — was not exclusive.

It seems sharing Ibrahim, the love of her life, didn’t suit her at all. Caller No.2 knew something else as well.

934275-2fb40882-4066-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Man in demand....Ibrahim and his rumoured ladies.

He knew that through his contacts, Ibrahim could open doors for those either smart enough or beautiful enough to take the opportunity.

It is not the first time this writer has heard of the legend of Ibrahim, the stud.

The businessman was once rumoured to have had as many as 10 girlfriends in circulation at any one time.

If a woman rises to the status of being his “No.1’’ — that being his primary mistress — no other mate can touch her.

If you rank between two and 10, it becomes a little more murky.

Ibrahim has long had a soft spot for pretty blondes and some of the women who have variously been described as his girlfriends have included models Lara Bingle, Charlotte Dawson, Gabriella Cevallos and fashion student Chelsea Mitchell, who was in an on-off relationship with Ibrahim for seven years and who he described as a “good girl” to his “black sheep”.

One who captivated him was Australian-born New York model Elyse Taylor — whom he dated from 2003 to 2006 when she was aged 16 to 19.

Ibrahim likes them beautiful and, whenever possible, young (but legal) and green. And trusting. As days of the week go, Ibrahim’s Women of the Week, are a glamourous bunch, though who is in favour now is a well-guarded mystery.

One of those tasks will be to tell the housemates they will no longer play the game in pairs after next week’s first eviction. It’ll become every man and woman for themselves...

There's a surprise, another two week twist. :rolleyes:

Goulburn's David Hodis joins the Big Brother house | Photos
Sept. 9, 2014, 8:38 a.m.
  • r0_131_600_468_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_16_1147_661_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_17_600_355_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_131_600_468_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
  • r0_16_1147_661_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

ON THE BIG STAGE: Big Brother host Sonia Kruger (centre) prepares Goulburn's David Hodis and Wagga's Sandra Nixon (right) to go into the house. Picture: Channel Nine.
For only the second time, Goulburn has a housemate in the Big Brother house.

David Hodis, a 31 year old radiographer now based in Sydney, entered the house on Monday night and was partnered up with 30 year old Wagga woman Sandra Nixon. In this season's twist, Big Brother contestants compete as part of a team.

Nixon is well known around Wagga for her sporting prowess with Riverina softball club Kooringal and was working as a manager at Wagga’s Bonds store before entering the competition.

Describing himself as a prankster, a crowd pleaser and self-confessed English Premier League tragic, David says he has previously been mistaken for Toby Maguire (that's what he says anyway).

"I'm always looking for the light side of things... If you can put a smile on someone's face when they're in some of their darkest periods, then it really can go a long way. " - David Hodis

The fiercely proud beardy lists his pet hates as "princesses... people who idolise Kim Kardashian... people who dribble on the toilet seat... crazy drivers... and people who don't appreciate the hard work healthcare workers do."

The previous Goulburnian in the House was Rhianna Baxter back in the 2008

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/2545926/goulburns-david-hodis-is-in-the-house-photos/

ONE TO WATCH: TIM'S BACK PLAYIN' BIG BROTHER
HE was the last man standing on Big Brother last year, but winner Tim Dormer
can’t get enough of the TV experiment, sneaking back into the house on Friday night.
997051-78bd349a-406b-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Big Brother Australia contestant Tim Dormer is back in the house Source: Channel 9
Reappearing on tonight’s episode (9pm, Nine) he has taken up residence in the “sanctuary room”
within the house and is expected to spend time with at least one housemate.
Our BB spies say hated hipster David could get the counselling he asked for and perhaps even
a close shave from Dormer, who knew just how to push buttons and survive.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...y-cooking-series/story-fni0cc2c-1227064997572

'No one in here likes me!': Controversial Big Brother housemate Gemma cries to Tim Dormer as she thinks she'll be the first booted out while Jake tries to kiss Lisa
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 00:53 AEST, 22 September 2014 | Updated: 01:31 AEST, 22 September 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-ll-booted-Jake-tries-kiss-Lisa.html#comments
He was sent into the Big Brother house to put the cat amongst the pigeons and that's exactly what he did on Sunday night.
Shortly after Tim Dormer's arrival in the pink themed locked-down pad, Gemma had stormed off in tears, he caused a love triangle drama between Lisa, Skye and Jake, and he had a run-in with David's nine-month-old beard.
The 2013 winner hosted a lavish Hollywood bash and with his arrival brought news that only one person in the pairs would be evicted.
1411307582129_wps_39_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.jpg

1411307580603_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.JPG

Putting in the moves! Jake tried to plant a kiss on Lisa on Sunday night's Big Brother episode but she was having none of it because her best friend in the house Skye likes him
1411307609235_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h22m.JPG

Three's a crowd! It's common knowledge that Skye holds a spark for Tim's real-life flatmate Jake but it's actually her partner Lisa and Jake who fancy each other
Gemma, the statuesque 29-year-old from Perth stormed out of the sit-down, black-tie dinner upon hearing the news.
At first, the controversial housemate feigned tears but it wasn't long until she was really crying.

'No one in here likes me... I feel completely insecure in here... I know if it comes down to me and Jake, I'm out,' Gemma said as she pretended to be upset.
Lisa and Skye followed her from the garden party into the house to try and comfort her but they ended up doing more damage than good.
1411308001211_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.JPG

Out of the picture! Skye was unaware of all the flirting between Jake and Lisa going on behind her back
1411307694130_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h12m.JPG

Head of house for the night! Tim really put the cat amongst the pigeons when he entered the house
1411307712322_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h13m.JPG

Causing angst! Gemma storms out of Tim Dormer's Hollywood bash when she learns just one person will be evicted rather than the pairs
Lisa told her in no uncertain terms 'to stop being the victim' and that she was tired of her attention seeking ways.
Gemma was shocked to hear the harsh truth from someone she counted as a true friend and ran to the pantry for solace. There she was joined by Tim who she confided in, telling him that her tears turned from crocodile to real life.
'I'm not usually the unliked person,' she blubbed.
Meanwhile back at the garden party during a game of Celebrity Hall Passes, Skye admitted that she liked Harry Potter, which everyone remarked could be Jake's twin as they wear the same spectacles.
1411307773555_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h14m.JPG

Playing the game! At first Gemma was pretending to cry to Jake but it wasn't long before her tears turned real
It's common knowledge that she holds a spark for Tim's real-life flatmate Jake, but it's actually her partner Lisa and Jake who fancy each other.
'Lisa, Skye and Jake - there's some weird love triangle going on there,' Tim tells Big Brother.
Ready to ruffle a few feathers, Tim asks Skye: 'When will you let Lisa put moves on Jake?'
'If you're interested, go for it!', Skye tells Lisa unconvincingly.
Cut to the bedroom and Lisa and Jake have been left alone. He tries to plant a kiss on her luscious lips but she's not having any of it.
1411307837331_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h26m.JPG

Getting flirty! Later in the night, Jake and Lisa also cosied up together
'We're in trouble by the world for being bad people,' Lisa tells him, afraid of what hooking up with the guy her friend likes will do for her reputation with the audience.
But the drama of the night didn't end there. Despite having a number of beautiful ladies to choose from, Tim picked David to spend the night with him in the sanctuary.
There he convinced the 31-year-old Sydney-sider to shave his impressive beard that he had been manscaping for nine months.
1411307869147_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h28m.JPG

Hair today, gone tomorrow! Tim convinced David to shave his impressive beard that he had been growing and manscaping for nine months
Telling David that he needs a bold move to turn his strategy around, Tim encourages David to shave his beard.
At first he's reluctant because he believes 'the beard is what got' him into Big Brother in the first place.
'Is the beard going to make you win Big Brother? I contemplated shaving my head in the final few weeks of the game,' Tim tells him.
After some arm twisting, David asks Tim, 'Would you do it for me?'
'Big Brother, can we get some clippers in here? We are getting rid of a beard tonight!' Tim declared.
1411307935155_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h27m.JPG

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2764147/No-one-likes-Controversial-Big-Brother-housemate-Gemma-cries-Tim-Dormer-thinks-ll-booted-Jake-tries-kiss-Lisa.html#ixzz3Dy1TXFaw

Big Brother – Why Is Tim Dormer Back In The House?
by Reality Raver
I hate it when the producers treat the viewers like idiots. I get you have to have some manipulation on Big Brother but tonight it was too much. Tim Dormer, who won last year’s series was put back into the house, as the new head of house and he was to hang with them to choose the new single head of house.
But there is also an ethical issue, he lived with one of the housemates, Jake. Somehow when we saw footage of Tim picking up photos we did not see him talk about Jake. Also Tim knows Gemma as well as they met at an audition. But no we did not see any mention of a previous acquaintance.
Tim is so last year, I know he was the golden boy to the producers but for reality TV viewers it is about the fresh faces and personalities. If they want him on TV stick him on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of here.
Part of the Big Brother experience is the isolation from the outside world and to introduce an an outsider so early just seems too contrived and manipulated.
Continue reading @ http://www.realityravings.com/

Nine surging ahead in key demographic
Michael Bodey

Media and Entertainment Writer
Sydney
https://plus.google.com/113237382907870616454/
809771-04afdc00-417a-11e4-a39e-c340d159d3ff.jpg

Michael Healy of Nine Network. Pictue: Noel KesselSource: News Limited

THE Nine network has claimed a yearly ratings win in the prized 25-54 demographic, sparking a spirited response from the overall ratings winner since 2007, Seven.

Nine sources say Seven is “no chance” of winning the key demographic this year, particularly with The Block Glasshouseand Big Brother dominating early evenings.

But others suggest Nine is already offering ‘‘make-goods’’ to advertisers for under-delivering audiences with Big Brother. Its debut weeks are well down on last year and the reality contest will be without its popular lead-in, The Block Glasshouse, within a fortnight after settling with an average metro audience in the 600,000s.

“We’re surging ahead in the 25-54 demo and are on track to win our third consecutive year with the demographic that matters most to advertisers,” said the Nine Network’s director of television, Michael Healy.

“The combination of The Block and Big Brother has been virtually unbeatable in the demos. The Block consistently tops all demos, night after night. And since it launched two weeks ago, Big Brother has been the No 2 program in all key demos on all but one or two nights.”

In the year-to-date, the Nine Network leads in the 25-54 demographic with a now unassailable 32.0 per cent share ahead of Seven’s 30.7 per cent and Ten’s 21.4 per cent.

But Seven countered Nine is down half a percentage point in the demographic from last year though, while Seven has lifted 0.6 points and Ten, surprisingly, is up 1.1 points in the demographic.

Seven will record a yearly win, its eighth consecutive annual win in all people, with neither Seven nor Nine moving their network share in the year to date from their respective 30.6 per cent and 29.3 per cent in 2013.

Surprisingly perhaps, Ten’s is up 0.8 points in all people in 2013 to a 17.8 per cent share and ABC is down half a point to 17.2 per cent. Ten is now unlikely to repeat its ignominious fourth placing from 2013.

Healy said: “At Nine we strategically go after the 25-54 demo and we know what these viewers want.”

Local dramas Love Child and House Husbands, The Block, Hamish & Andy’s Gap Year South America and The Big Bang Theory have been particularly effective in the demo.

“Seven does well with its 55-plus audience, but for us it’s all about the demos and we’re not about to give that up any time soon.”

Seven’s director of programming, Angus Ross, noted the network had not claimed it would win the advertiser-friendly 25-54 demographic this year.

Rather, he noted: “We are reshaping Seven’s audience profile to take it younger and have grown in all key demos — 16-39, 18-49, 25-54.”

Indeed, Seven has lost a share point in the 55+ demographic, which it still leads with a 30.8 per cent share ahead of ABC’s 25.4 per cent share and Nine’s 24.7 per cent (up 1.7 points on last year).

Seven is also likely to receive a big boost as the Sydney Swans are contesting the AFL Grand Final. The NSW team’s participation is likely to boost its metro ratings beyond three million, well past the 2.5 million viewers for NRL State of Origin and the finale of My Kitchen Rules earlier this year. Next week’s finale of The Block Glasshouse will surpass two million metro viewers.

Earlier this week, Standard Media Index released its revenue share figures for August, showing Seven continues to scoop up the most revenue, with its $671.9 million for the year up to August representing 41.5 per cent of the market, ahead of Nine’s 38.2 per cent ($617.7m) and Ten’s 20.3 per cent ($327.6m).

Last edited:
'No one in here likes me!': Controversial Big Brother housemate Gemma cries to Tim Dormer as she thinks she'll be the first booted out while Jake tries to kiss Lisa
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 00:53 AEST, 22 September 2014 | Updated: 01:31 AEST, 22 September 2014

He was sent into the Big Brother house to put the cat amongst the pigeons and that's exactly what he did on Sunday night.
Shortly after Tim Dormer's arrival in the pink themed locked-down pad, Gemma had stormed off in tears, he caused a love triangle drama between Lisa, Skye and Jake, and he had a run-in with David's nine-month-old beard.
The 2013 winner hosted a lavish Hollywood bash and with his arrival brought news that only one person in the pairs would be evicted.
1411307582129_wps_39_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.jpg

1411307580603_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.JPG

Putting in the moves! Jake tried to plant a kiss on Lisa on Sunday night's Big Brother episode but she was having none of it because her best friend in the house Skye likes him
1411307609235_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h22m.JPG

Three's a crowd! It's common knowledge that Skye holds a spark for Tim's real-life flatmate Jake but it's actually her partner Lisa and Jake who fancy each other
Gemma, the statuesque 29-year-old from Perth stormed out of the sit-down, black-tie dinner upon hearing the news.
At first, the controversial housemate feigned tears but it wasn't long until she was really crying.

'No one in here likes me... I feel completely insecure in here... I know if it comes down to me and Jake, I'm out,' Gemma said as she pretended to be upset.
Lisa and Skye followed her from the garden party into the house to try and comfort her but they ended up doing more damage than good.
1411308001211_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h23m.JPG

Out of the picture! Skye was unaware of all the flirting between Jake and Lisa going on behind her back
1411307694130_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h12m.JPG

Head of house for the night! Tim really put the cat amongst the pigeons when he entered the house
1411307712322_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h13m.JPG

Causing angst! Gemma storms out of Tim Dormer's Hollywood bash when she learns just one person will be evicted rather than the pairs
Lisa told her in no uncertain terms 'to stop being the victim' and that she was tired of her attention seeking ways.
Gemma was shocked to hear the harsh truth from someone she counted as a true friend and ran to the pantry for solace. There she was joined by Tim who she confided in, telling him that her tears turned from crocodile to real life.
'I'm not usually the unliked person,' she blubbed.
Meanwhile back at the garden party during a game of Celebrity Hall Passes, Skye admitted that she liked Harry Potter, which everyone remarked could be Jake's twin as they wear the same spectacles.
1411307773555_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h14m.JPG

Playing the game! At first Gemma was pretending to cry to Jake but it wasn't long before her tears turned real
It's common knowledge that she holds a spark for Tim's real-life flatmate Jake, but it's actually her partner Lisa and Jake who fancy each other.
'Lisa, Skye and Jake - there's some weird love triangle going on there,' Tim tells Big Brother.
Ready to ruffle a few feathers, Tim asks Skye: 'When will you let Lisa put moves on Jake?'
'If you're interested, go for it!', Skye tells Lisa unconvincingly.
Cut to the bedroom and Lisa and Jake have been left alone. He tries to plant a kiss on her luscious lips but she's not having any of it.
1411307837331_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h26m.JPG

Getting flirty! Later in the night, Jake and Lisa also cosied up together
'We're in trouble by the world for being bad people,' Lisa tells him, afraid of what hooking up with the guy her friend likes will do for her reputation with the audience.
But the drama of the night didn't end there. Despite having a number of beautiful ladies to choose from, Tim picked David to spend the night with him in the sanctuary.
There he convinced the 31-year-old Sydney-sider to shave his impressive beard that he had been manscaping for nine months.
1411307869147_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h28m.JPG

Hair today, gone tomorrow! Tim convinced David to shave his impressive beard that he had been growing and manscaping for nine months
Telling David that he needs a bold move to turn his strategy around, Tim encourages David to shave his beard.
At first he's reluctant because he believes 'the beard is what got' him into Big Brother in the first place.
'Is the beard going to make you win Big Brother? I contemplated shaving my head in the final few weeks of the game,' Tim tells him.
After some arm twisting, David asks Tim, 'Would you do it for me?'
'Big Brother, can we get some clippers in here? We are getting rid of a beard tonight!' Tim declared.
1411307935155_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h27m.JPG

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2764147/No-one-likes-Controversial-Big-Brother-housemate-Gemma-cries-Tim-Dormer-thinks-ll-booted-Jake-tries-kiss-Lisa.html#ixzz3Dy1TXFaw[/QUOTE]

Who writes these? It's all written with such biased phrasing, cleverly persuading the reader to form an opinion without them even realising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are just the Daily Mail articles, @EstelleLandy. Take a look at the biased shit that is churned out of the official website.

I vomited at some of the articles they wrote during your season, using language that clearly attempted to sway the audience. They always tried to paint you as irrational, hyper-emotional Estelle, and your detractors as sane voices of reason. It's all such bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back