Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Brother Australia is off to a cracking start so we thought it would be fun to fill you in on some awesome facts about the show that you probably didn’t know…
Approximately 13,000 people registered to be in the House this year, but only 16 made the cut.

It’s the second most Tweeted about TV trend, having trended worldwide 55 times and with nearly 4 million #BBAU interactions - talk about Tweeting up a storm!
It puts even the most dedicated bingers to shame, with 73 million page views and 20 million video streams, making it the most binged TV show.
The cameras do not miss a thing, with 50 cameras permanently monitoring the House:
Six are on movable pedestals and one is on railsTwenty “hothead” cameras are on remotely-controlled pan and tilt headsThere are twelve fixed cameras set up to shoot wide shots of rooms and sections of the gardenThere are six zero lux (infrared) cameras to record bedrooms at night
The Housemates better watch what they say, there are 92 microphones used in the House. These include Housemates’ individual radio microphones and others hidden throughout the House and garden.
Over 11,000 hours of footage is recorded throughout the series, with at least 7 hours of Big Brother broadcast each week (equivalent to three feature films a week).
Producers have a tough gig: they’ve got just 12 hours to edit 24 hours’ worth offootage for the Daily Show, 6 days a week.
Just because you don’t seem them, doesn’t mean they’re not there - more than 300 crew work across the entire Big Brother production.

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/sc...s-you-didnt-know-about-big-brother-australia/

Big Brother Australia is off to a cracking start so we thought it would be fun to fill you in on some awesome facts about the show that you probably didn’t know…
Approximately 13,000 people registered to be in the House this year, but only 16 made the cut.

It’s the second most Tweeted about TV trend, having trended worldwide 55 times and with nearly 4 million #BBAU interactions - talk about Tweeting up a storm!
It puts even the most dedicated bingers to shame, with 73 million page views and 20 million video streams, making it the most binged TV show.
The cameras do not miss a thing, with 50 cameras permanently monitoring the House:
Six are on movable pedestals and one is on railsTwenty “hothead” cameras are on remotely-controlled pan and tilt headsThere are twelve fixed cameras set up to shoot wide shots of rooms and sections of the gardenThere are six zero lux (infrared) cameras to record bedrooms at night
The Housemates better watch what they say, there are 92 microphones used in the House. These include Housemates’ individual radio microphones and others hidden throughout the House and garden.
Over 11,000 hours of footage is recorded throughout the series, with at least 7 hours of Big Brother broadcast each week (equivalent to three feature films a week).
Producers have a tough gig: they’ve got just 12 hours to edit 24 hours’ worth offootage for the Daily Show, 6 days a week.
Just because you don’t seem them, doesn’t mean they’re not there - more than 300 crew work across the entire Big Brother production.

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/sc...s-you-didnt-know-about-big-brother-australia/

And still no 'live feed'... f*!@ers...

Big Brother’s Lisa Clark says she’s proud of her Western Sydney upbringing

Strip club manager Lisa lists the rules to Big Brother housemates 1:07
external

Big Brother housemate Lisa reveals her job as manager and emcee of a strip club. Courtesy: Big Brother, Nine Network.

AS A war rages in the Big Brother house over a wad of cash controlled by power couple Priya and Katie, at least one housemate will be ready to cope with any impending austerity.
Penrith native Lisa Clark, who has already expressed outright hate for the Powerful pair, says she grew up poor and her experienced ‘toughened’ her up.
315918-8a3b3588-387c-11e4-8c2d-d7bb5a31a70d.jpg

Lisa Clark is proving to be a fiesty housemate in the 2014 season of Big Brother. Source: Supplied
199638-c63d76f4-387c-11e4-8c2d-d7bb5a31a70d.jpg

Clark, right, with contestant Skye and Sonia Kruger before enterin the house. Source: Channel 9
Clark said she had to teach herself to walk, talk and eat properly when she moved from the western suburbs to the east and began working in real estate.
“The girls at the office used to tease me as I spoke with a westie drawl and I ate McDonalds most days for lunch,’’ she said.

FIRST FEW DAYS OF THE NEW BIG BROTHER SERIES, INCLUDING LISA’S ARRIVAL

“I decided that I wanted to be more like them so I began to read magazines and teach myself how to dress and speak properly.”
“I have never forgot where I come from and I’m still a Penrith Panthers supporter, although a more refined one.”
226652-0f8dff16-3a0f-11e4-aa15-01b032030c54.jpg

She got the housemates worked up with her strip club MC routine. Source: Supplied
225263-0f0275c2-3a0f-11e4-aa15-01b032030c54.jpg

This week Lisa revealed her saucy side on Big Brother. Source: Supplied
226704-0f50c588-3a0f-11e4-aa15-01b032030c54.jpg

Travis and Ryan’s reaction to her routine says it all. Awkward. Pictures: Channel 9. Source: Supplied
But the 29-year-old executive assistant and strip club manager remains proud of her westie roots, she told Channel 9.
“I remember Dad being so poor that we used fold out deck chairs as our couch for many years, but I didn’t care,” she said.
“I love my westie roots because it gave me a chance to grow up a little bit rougher, I think, than if I would have been in the east.
“We spent our days baking scones and spending weekends at the BMX track or tinkering with the car.”
199727-57482674-389d-11e4-8c2d-d7bb5a31a70d.jpg

Lisa has already ruffled some ffeathers in the house. Source: Supplied
198739-e558854e-3a0a-11e4-aa15-01b032030c54.jpg

Priya and Katie were offered $10,000 each (off the $250,000 prize money) by Big Brother on the condition that everyone lived off meal replacements for a week. Source: Channel 9
Cash cuts deep in the BB house
Two of the housemates Priya and Katie hold the "power", so they control part of the house.
Big Brother offered them $10,000 each (off the $250,000 prize money) on the condition that everyone lived off meal replacements for a week.
Lisa did not like the fact that it was taken off the prize money and the housemates were hungry: "I didn't hate them yesterday, but I hate them today."
"We're doing this because you guys got 10 grand, there's no plus for us,"Lisa told Priya and Katie.
Lisa then stole Priya's money as a joke and hid it in the kitchen.
"If we had information about where the money could be, how much is it worth to you to get it back," Lisa said to Priya (her way of negotiating)
658778-ed9a0c40-395c-11e4-9209-b8d69e4f035f.jpg

Lisa Clark and Jaime Wright. Reports suggest the friendship between the two may be over. Source: News Limited
Clark has wasted no time in the house sharing her stories including running housemates through her script as MC of the strip joint.

LISA’S FORMER BESTIE JAMIE WRIGHT HAS HER CLAWS OUT

The former girlfriend of Sydney nightclub impresario John Ibrahim has been making headlines since entering the BB house, after her long-term friend and shoe designer Jamie Wright began blasting her vehicle to fame on social media.
Wright’s comments are likely to tick off the Clark when she gets out of the house, having named her pet hates as “two-faced people and people who don’t push their chairs in after they have eaten at the table.”
198849-e8427bb6-3a0a-11e4-aa15-01b032030c54.jpg

Katie holds court in the BB house as the contestants get to know each other. Source: Supplied
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Can Lisa win this year's Big Brother?
The self proclaimed party girl says her friends describe her as having “a dirty mouth and a quick wit and together it’s a little bit full on.”
And while she admits she is usually the one to get drunk at her friends kids’ first birthday parties, she says is ready to settle down.
“I’m definitely looking for a partner. I’m 29 this year. My friends are all married and they’re all having children and I’m kind of the left out single one,” she said.
“I’m open to the idea (of finding love in the Big Brother House) but I probably wouldn’t act on it until I was evicted.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ydney-upbringing/story-fngr8i5s-1227055307138

'I want to make out with him!': Skye and Aisha are left flustered over Jake after he busts a rap for the Big Brother Australia housemates

All sorts of tension pervaded the Big Brother house on Thursday's show - but the mood on Friday was different.
Instead of conflict, it was romance that was brewing among the housemates.
Skye was the most forthright with her intentions - after watching Jake bust a rap for the house, she admitted to Aisha 'I want to make out with him!'
1410535768032_wps_1_seg_4_skye_aisha_jpg.jpg

Romance brewing: Skye and Aisha were giddy over Jake on Friday's Big Brother Australia, with Skye admitting 'I want to make out with him!'
1410535811776_wps_2_seg_4_jake_rap_jpg.jpg

And the rave reviews continued up in the Diary Room, where Aisha admitted that Jake 'got our juices flowing' and Skye adding that she had her 'love heart eyes on' - before clumsily falling off of the chair.
But while Gold Coast barista may have her hands full with Jake, it appears Aisha could soon have a Big Brother fling of her own.
She was a consistent topic of discussion in all of Travis' discussions, including one with Katie where he told her that Aisha was a perfect 10.
1410537188305_Image_galleryImage_seg_4_DR_skye_aisha_jpg.JPG

Impressed! The rave reviews of Jake's rap continued in the Diary Room, where Skye admitted that her 'love heart eyes' were on
1410537158829_wps_4_seg_4_skye_off_DR_chair_2.jpg

Woops: But their excitement would be killed off slightly by Skye's clumsily falling off of the Diary Room chair
1410537263032_Image_galleryImage_seg_2_travis_aisha_spa_jp.JPG

Expression of interest? It appears Aisha could soon have a Big Brother fling of her own in Travis, who constantly talked about the 22-year-old brunette throughout the show
They even had a moment earlier in the day - sharing a hot tub with Cat and Jason, Travis revealed that his type of girl is a 'plain Jane with a bit of sex appeal.'
When Cat pointed out that Aisha fits that bill perfectly, he jestingly dismissed it by joking 'well, looks wise, Aisha's pretty ugly,' as he gave her a cuddle.
But she's not the only girl the 24-year-old Melbournian is flirting with, as the show closed with he and Katie, who he previously rated as a 'seven and a half,' playing a game of 'who would you kiss.'
'I don't want to kiss anyone,' she replied, 'I definitely don't want to kiss Sam.'
'Have you seen his girlfriend? He's not going to downgrade,' Travis joked as he wrapped his arm around her and planted a kiss on her cheek.
1410537293584_Image_galleryImage_seg_2_travis_aisha_hug_jp.JPG

Tactics: They had a moment in the hot tub when, after Cat suggested that Aisha was his type, Travis joked that she was 'pretty ugly' as he gave her a cuddle
1410537340151_Image_galleryImage_seg_4_ryan_awkward_jpg.JPG

Bedroom gosspit: She's not the only girl the 24-year-old Melbournian is flirting with, as the show closed with he and Katie, who he previously rated as a 'seven and a half,' playing a game of 'who would you kiss'
The housemates were in such a good mood because they had just eaten their first meal since the show began.
Katie and Priya splashed out $400 each to buy lovely steak dinners and drinks for the whole house, leading to good spirits for all.
But that's not to say all tensions have been eased, as there was certainly some gossip about who is and isn't rubbing people the wrong way.
Namely, 'six foot six' Gemma appears to have annoyed Sam, David and Sandra, who all bonded over their mutual frustrations.
1410537373984_wps_8_seg_3_travis_food_face_jp.jpg

Good times! The housemates were in such a good mood because they had just eaten their first meal since the show began, with Priya and Katie splashing out $800 for dinner for everyone

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2753743/Skye-reveals-s-got-eyes-Jake-Travis-admits-thinks-Aisha-ten.html#ixzz3D9ySYFqI

Geez my opinion of Lisa has gone DOWN with her apparent connection with Ibriham. No wonder she is in the strip club industry now as a manager, the guy owns all of kings cross lol.

Big Brother – And There Has Been Pashing As Noms Hangs Heavily On The Housemates Minds
by Reality Raver
Priya and Katie time as head of the house is over but they earned $10,000. OK a bit less then that as they spent $2400 each on meals. Clearly the mutiny was averted and the housemates must have been relatively happy as we so no more footage of the diner.
But Priya and Katie had one more opportunity to spend their money. Big Brother wanted $3000 for an immunity pass. Priya was trying to haggle with him like she was at a market, but he was not budging.
Priya seemed to think that they did not need it, but Katie, I think quite rightly, said everyone would nominate them as they would be easy targets.
Dion and Jason are the new heads of the house voted for by the public. Which must be reassuring for them as it means they now know that they had screen time. Their first power play was taking Travis and Ryan into a room and talk nominations. Are they staging an all male alliance?
Continue reading @ http://www.realityravings.com/2014/...s-noms-hangs-heavily-on-the-housemates-minds/

'How awkward is it going to be tomorrow!': The Big Brother house heats up, with Travis and Aisha getting steamy in the hot tub AND Skye and Aisha sharing a kiss
By Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia

They've only been in there for a week, but the sexual tension between the Big Brother housemates has officially reached boiling point.
Like countless stars on the reality series before them, it was the hot tub that was once again the scene of the love crimes with several couples getting hot and heavy.
Skye, 20, let her longtime crush on trickster Jake, 25, come to a head after grilling fellow housemates whether or not he had a crush on her.
1410702240957_wps_17_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Steaming up: The Big Brother house got heated with Travis and Aisha just one of several couples hooking up
Lisa first broke the news to the Gold Coast blonde beauty that Jake said he had a 'little crush on you'.

Skye was embarrassed but clearly okay with the revelation.
'I think I feel the same, but don't say anything though - it just makes it awkward.'
Ironically there is going to be plenty of awkwardness around the house after a night of romance and revelry.
1410702281841_wps_19_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Love is in the air: Travis had called Aisha an 11 from the first moment he saw her and finally had a chance to express how he felt
1410701905587_wps_15_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

1410703297527_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Girls moment: Aisha traded Travis for Skye, with the two women sharing an intimate kiss in the spa
After days without real food,the housemates were treated to a feast with the Midwinter Night’s Dream Party - but the action didn't get started until the meal was over.
A spree of sexy dancing on the lawn soon saw the action move to the hot tub, with Skye cuddling up to Jake and the pair the first to share a kiss.
While the group around them cheered, they managed to get another smooch in later when the crowd had thinned out, with Skye quickly grilling Travis: 'Is he keen on me?'
The answer seems to be no, with Jake later admitting in the privacy of the Big Brother bedroom that it was just 'too soon' for a romance but that Skye was 'fun'.
1410703760473_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Sealed with a kiss: Skye had been quizzing the other housemates on Jake, admitting that she too had a crush on him after hearing that he liked her as well
1410703572098_wps_23_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Bikini body: The 20-year-old Gold Coast girl showed off her trim figure in a sexy black bikini that impressed
1410703508923_wps_22_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Second time lucky: Skye and Jake shared a second kiss when he returned to the hot tub, while Aisha and Travis looked on
That must come as welcome news for Cat - when hearing about Skye's crush earlier in the day - who admitted that she was also attracted to Jake.
'I’m gonna admit something to you, Skye.
'I’m a tad jealous because Jake would be my type of guy.'
It was a big night for paired housemates Travis and Ryan, with Travis finally getting his moment with his big crush since entering the house: Aisha.
'She's a dead set 11,' said Ryan, imitating Travis' reaction to the 22-year-old from Sydney.
1410703846416_wps_33_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Uh-oh: Ryan tried to have his special moment with Katie, but Katie didn't seem too willing to partake
1410703601122_wps_24_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Party time: After a week of no real food, the contestants were delight to have a floral feast at the Midwinter Night’s Dream Party
1410704104464_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

War of worlds: David got himself into hot water, but not of the spa variety, after he upset Lisa
'I'm happy for my boy Travie.'
The genetically blessed pair shared the first of dozens of kisses in the hot tub as well, with things getting more heated when the rest of the party moved indoors.
With just Skye, Travis and Aisha in the water, Aisha wasn't afraid to straddle Travis at one point and pull herself towards him as they kissed.
She even sat playfully on his knee while Skye and Jake shared another pash, once he had dressed and returned to the hot tub.
1410704294568_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Bloke's chat: In a conversation with the boys David said that he found Lisa's breasts unattractive
1410704380270_wps_38_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

1410704378915_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Totes emotional: Lisa was extremely hurt by the comments, bursting into tears before and after the party
1410703700984_wps_28_Big_Brother_Australia_201.jpg

Candid chat: She shared her feelings with Katie, once again bursting into tears at the harsh words
Ryan and Katie had a brief moment, but there were no sparks flying as a reluctant Katie received a 'peck' on the lips.
But it didn't stop there, with even Skye and Aisha sharing an intimate kiss in the hot tub while an awkward Travis watched on from the corner.
Jumping into bed with his house partner Ryan at the end of the night, Travis couldn't help giggle excitedly about the night's action.
'How awkward is it going to be tomorrow!' he whispered, with Ryan admitting that it would be 'full on'.
1410704498612_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Week one: It marked the housemates first full week in the Big Brother host, with the group having a talk in the diary room
1410704601877_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Ultimate power: After seven days of holding the housemates in the palm of their hands, Katie and Priya had to hand over the power to a new pair
1410704720773_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_Australia_201.JPG

Power play: The Australian public voted in Dion and Jason to have the ultimate power for the next week
It wasn't all pashing and dashing however, with Lisa getting upset after overhearing a conversation between the boys talking about the different woman in the house.
David's comments about the unattractiveness of her breasts left her in tears, with Lisa pulling herself together for the dinner - but breaking down again shortly afterwards.
'I don't know why I'm so upset,' she sniffed.
The power also shifted hands, with Katie and Priya having to hand over the reigns to a new pair - with Australia getting to vote the couple that the would like to see have the power each week.
Dion and Jason proved to be the most popular, not only getting the power but also access to a secret, new area called The Sanctuary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2755309/How-awkward-going-tomorrow-The-Big-Brother-house-heats-Travis-Aisha-getting-steamy-hot-tub-AND-Skye-Aisha-sharing-kiss.html#ixzz3DIqFZaft

Big Brother – viewers are the latest victims of reality TV's torture chamber
The psychotropic nightmare of the BB house now has a fishbowl into which housemates are put, making them even more pitiable

f1cdeea5-be79-4638-b3b5-7d4445ebb233-460x276.jpeg

Big Brother host Sonia Kruger (centre), with contestants Skye (left) and Lisa (right). Photograph: Channel Nine
Thank goodness Charles Darwin lived pre-television. Had the HMS Beagle landed on an island inhabited by Big Brother, he would have observed the show’s stubborn refusal to die off despite repeated pointless mutations, nabbed a tortoise and then buggered off to pen his Theory of Devolution.
Seeing Big Brother return to our screens again is about as baffling as standing in a jungle clearing and witnessing a round, hairless ball of cured meat with eyes flop out of the undergrowth, noisily humming a tune as it deliciously spins by. You would wonder, “how come evolution has failed to kill off something so pointless?”
The most glaring of BB’s devolutions so far is some monetary faff we’re meant to get excited about. They’ve got a limited budget, controlled by two housemates, which apparently raises the tension because they have to buy their meals, all of which are expensive. If they don’t buy a meal they have to drink a gloopy shake, sort of like that vom-porridge in The Matrix (which is a jolly good reference because watching BB isn’t an entirely dissimilar experience to being an atrophied foetus, suspended in a pod of goo, distracted by a false reality).
Unfortunately, this change to the format means everyone’s constantly talking about money, occasionally punctuated by a mass gathering outside the diner to look at food they’re not going to buy. Perhaps Big Brother is attempting satire by providing us a glimpse at what Australia will look like once work for the dole kicks in: a bunch of hairdressers and fitness instructors staring forlornly at an overpriced egg.
Big Brother even seems to have unwittingly satirised itself by including a “fishbowl” in the middle of the BB garden: occasionally housemates get put in there for everyone else to stare and laugh at, which means we’re watching people in Big Brother watching Big Brother. The housemates have now essentially become both Big Brother contestants and viewers – making them the most pitiable figures in human history.
b50c1af9-aaa4-47bf-bc00-807ea0cc5b3a-460x276.jpeg

Who’s watching whom? Dion and Jason observe the action from within the fishbowl. Photograph: Channel Nine
Other mutations include the radar, a system that monitors mentions of the housemates on the internet and then ranks their popularity accordingly – a sort of voyeuristic calculator powered by the soul of George Brandis. I’m assuming it doesn’t take the content of the mentions into account, and so, if you were to type, say, “Lawson’s hair belongs to someone who’s riding a motorbike sideways”, this would somehow count as a positive.
f8c32273-62cd-4b84-a8ca-4914d6f58820-460x276.jpeg

Lawson, complete with windswept follicles, enters the Big Brother house. Photograph: Channel Nine
Beyond these deviations, that are about as beneficial as a groin with an elbow joint, it’s still business as usual for BB. The house is a visually discordant psychotropic nightmare, assembled by someone who ingested dried mushrooms, and mixed with an IKEA catalogue. Also the garish housemates weirdly match – half of them look like recently escaped tropical birds wearing human masks.
And don’t say, “What’s that? Television has become the realm of horrors? Just as well you can turn it off then, eh?” Sure, we don’t have to go to art galleries either, so let’s just fill them all with farts.
It’s all awful, bloody awful, and now that it even contains a version of itself within itself, Big Brother has become a reality TV human centipede that has coiled around to nibble its own bum.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...latest-victims-of-reality-tvs-torture-chamber

'Have a good cry and a Tim Tam!' Mother-of-one Kim Kardashian gives a teary five months pregnant Sonia Kruger some advice ahead of the birth of her own baby girl
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 12:28 AEST, 15 September 2014 | Updated: 13:22 AEST, 15 September 2014

Sonia Kruger was feeling a bit teary and hormonal when she went to interview Kim Kardashian for Monday's Mornings show.
But it wasn't because the 49-year-old was starstruck about meeting the most photographed woman in the world, it was all down to her hormones.
At five months pregnant with her first baby, Sonia was feeling somewhat at a loss about what she should do but Mrs Kanye West jumped to give her some advice.

1410745876738_wps_24_Kim_Kardashian_on_Morning.jpg

1410745893701_wps_25_Kim_Kardashian_on_Morning.jpg

Mother-to-be: It wasn't because the 49-year-old was starstruck about meeting the most photographed woman in the world, it was all down to her hormones
For the sit-down, the beautiful blonde decided to get on side by wearing a comfy, flowing white top from the Kardashian range that totally hid her bump.
'I'm wearing Kim Kardashian. I wore this on our show this morning because I'm nearly five months pregnant,' Sonia told her during their chat at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Sydney.
'You are?' Kim exclaimed. 'Congratulations. You'd have no idea!'
'I'm having one of those really hormonal days. Was it like that for you and have you got any advice for me?' the Big Brother presenter asked.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2755905/Kim-Kardashian-gives-teary-five-month-pregnant-Sonia-Kruger-advice-ahead-birth-baby-girl.html#ixzz3DLyTrorH

Good follow up from David Knox at TVTonight.com.au re the lack of Live Updates:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/09/big-brother-fans-missing-live-updates.html

Die-hard Big Brother fans, many of whom would undoubtedly call themselves BB purists, have been criticising Nine’s lack of Live updates.

Nine says it is “assessing the level of interest” in offering the service for 2014, despite an obvious online backlash.

Live Updates were previously available online through Twitter and the official BB website.

They gave an insight into housemate activity throughout the day, and up to 24 hours before they would be seen on air after post-production. The Twitter feed was last updated in November.

Annual fan website Behind Big Brother also weighed in:

And in an extra insult to fans, the official BBAU Twitter account, Executive Producer Alex Mavroidakis (who is usually a prolific tweeter) and Channel 9’s social media manager refuse to answer any questions from fans about the status of the feeds.

It appears Big Brother production has no ‘live’ team whatsoever. The official BB website contains no updates from the house and so far news stories have only been posted after the show aired on Channel Nine, so they contain no new information.

This in stark contrast to last week when Alex Mavroidakis told us he and his co-producer were “Big Brother purists“.

The end of the Updates follows on from Nine not offering online camera feeds when it commenced the series in 2012 which TEN had offered a decade earlier. It’s believed the decision to end these was to avoid adult content clashing with Nine’s PG-rated series. But already this year there have been some raunchy moments that push a PG boundary.

This year the Friday Night-style games are also understood to have been ditched, although in truth these were added several seasons into TEN’s production in what is an evolving Reality franchise.

Facebook fans have also vented on everything from the casting to Nine’s scheduling, but so far ratings have delivered in the Demos.

As to current Live Updates, a Nine spokesperson told TV Tonight, “Channel Nine has extensive online content available to audiences through many social mediums including the Channel Nine website 9jumpin.

“Resources have been enhanced for the 9jumpin Big Brother website where viewers can review shows, and when it comes to voting, this is the place that will give more power to the people.

“We are assessing the level of interest in a BBAU LIVE outlet and the prospect of providing a similar viewing platform for our audience.”

The official #BBAU LIVE Twitter feed has a very-interested 58,300 subscribers.

Good point re the @BBAULIVE twitter feed having almost 60K subscribers!

'You're not someone I would EVER associate with': Lisa confronts David over his sexist comments while he defends himself with 'boys will be boys' excuse on a heated Big Brother

There were no evictions, but one housemate certainly ended up on the chopping block in a heated episode of Big Brother on Monday night.
The ramifications of David calling Lisa's breasts unattractive on Sunday were felt throughout the house, as the pair went head-to-head in a fiery argument.
After overhearing his conversation between the boys where he criticised her assets, Lisa had burst into tears multiple times.
1410786865178_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.JPG

War of words: Lisa wasn't backing down in a heated argument she got into with David on Sunday night
1410787003867_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h46m.JPG

Sorry not sorry: David offered a backhanded apology before adding the line 'boys will be boys'
Wanting to clear the air, David called her over for a chat a day later and offered a backhanded apology saying that he was 'sorry' he had upset her.

'Are you sorry you got busted or are you sorry you said it?' Lisa asked in a quick retort.
'Because you say one thing to my face and then you say something else to the boys.
1410788153104_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h48m.JPG

Battle front: The issue originally arose after Lisa overheard David calling her breasts unattractive
1410788592590_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h45m.JPG

1410788594614_wps_51_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.jpg

Genuine apology: Although David said he was 'sorry' for upsetting Lisa, she questioned his motives
1410788736208_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.JPG

Emotional moment: Lisa asked David whether he was sorry for what he said or sorry for being caught
'If I could take back listening I would, I would 100 per cent... your behaviour to me was not only inappropriate, but you're not someone I would ever associate with (outside of the house).'
David defended his sexist comments with the line: 'I'm just going to say boys will be boys when they're together.'
Lisa wasn't impressed: 'I don't care about them, I don't care if it's bro code or whatever you guys go on with.'
1410788806301_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h48m.JPG

Agree to disagree: The pair left the conversation on an awkward note, not resolving the argument
1410788902030_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h45m.JPG

Two faced?: Lisa accused David of saying one thing to her in the pool earlier in the day about her physical appearance then saying the opposite to impress the boys
1410789018266_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h51m.JPG

Sauna session: The lads had a sweaty bonding session in the sauna, discussing the fight in detail
The pair didn't resolve the issue, rather agreeing to disagree and going their seperate ways with tension between the pair still evident.
There was a different kind of tension spilling over between Jake and Skye after their multiple hook-ups in the hot tub the previous evening.
Skye even went to Big Brother for help, confessing her feelings in the diary room.
1410789524639_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h49m.JPG

Power play: Dion and Jason now have the power in the house and had their first opportunity to flex their muscles
1410789681698_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h51m.JPG

May the odds be in your favour: Host Sonia Kruger was all too aware that tension was heating up between the pairs as they head towards their first eviction on Wednesday
1410789723613_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h52m.JPG

Game play: Jason and Dion had to decide which pair they would break up and swap with another
'It's really nice having a crush on someone, it's like the best thing ever,' she said.
'It makes you feel younger. Can you please help me Big Brother?
'What do I say to him? It's so awkward but I don't know if it's because I'm talking about it so much... maybe I should just shut up.
'I'm extremely attracted to him... he's so attractive, don't you think?'
1410789791095_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h52m.JPG

Tough decision: Sonia crossed live to the boys who had some serious thinking to do before announcing
1410789817171_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

Love is in the air: Skye and Jake appeared to be getting close after sharing several kisses the night before
1410789840992_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

1410789874493_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

Room for two: Skye had been nervous about having a crush on the trickster, even going to Big Brother for advice on her budding romance
The pair later had a special moment when Skye was giving herself a facial skin treatment, trading song lines while laying on the bed together.
Meanwhile, things were getting serious for the housemates ahead of the first eviction on Wednesday night with Dion and Jason making their first power play.
With the pairs set to compete in a mental and physical challenge in the coming weeks, the lads had the opportunity to swap two of the couples.
They picked Ryan and Travis, choosing to seperate their bond and strength by teaming Travis with Cat and Ryan with Sam.
'No hard feelings boys,' said an apologetic Jason, while Ryan and Travis looked disappointed at being broken up.
1410789920692_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h56m.JPG

'No hard feelings boys': The pair deciding to make a strategic move and seperate Ryan and Travis
1410789956358_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h56m.JPG

Tough competition: The pairs will now compete against each other in physical and mental challenges

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2756334/You-not-I-EVER-associate-Lisa-confronts-David-sexist-comments-defends-boys-boys-excuse-heated-Big-Brother.html#ixzz3DOm0cfiH

Big Brother Australia – Nomination Paranoia Is Setting In
by Reality Raver
Sandra is clearly getting very worried about being paired with David as even he realises how unpopular he is in the house.
Even when he was “apologising” to Lisa over telling the other guys she had saggy breasts he blew it.
He told her “You can either come and talk to me or you can forget about it”. She took the bitch about him a lot approach. In fact she was bitching about boobgate far too much it was getting tedious. If fact her continual bitching about everyone is tedious.
Lisa said she did not want him talking about her to get into the cool group. Who is the cool group in the house? David is probably wondering why she thinks he is not cool. Does she not realise that he is a hipster?
David was realising he was having a hard time in connecting with people and was telling Sam he thinks he is on the outer because of his age. He is all of 31. David does come across as a tad arrogant and also wiping his mouth with a tea towels is not going to make him popular.
Continue reading @ http://www.realityravings.com/2014/09/15/big-brother-australia-nomination-paranoia-is-setting-in/

'You're not someone I would EVER associate with': Lisa confronts David over his sexist comments while he defends himself with 'boys will be boys' excuse on a heated Big Brother

There were no evictions, but one housemate certainly ended up on the chopping block in a heated episode of Big Brother on Monday night.
The ramifications of David calling Lisa's breasts unattractive on Sunday were felt throughout the house, as the pair went head-to-head in a fiery argument.
After overhearing his conversation between the boys where he criticised her assets, Lisa had burst into tears multiple times.
1410786865178_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.JPG

War of words: Lisa wasn't backing down in a heated argument she got into with David on Sunday night
1410787003867_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h46m.JPG

Sorry not sorry: David offered a backhanded apology before adding the line 'boys will be boys'
Wanting to clear the air, David called her over for a chat a day later and offered a backhanded apology saying that he was 'sorry' he had upset her.

'Are you sorry you got busted or are you sorry you said it?' Lisa asked in a quick retort.
'Because you say one thing to my face and then you say something else to the boys.
1410788153104_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h48m.JPG

Battle front: The issue originally arose after Lisa overheard David calling her breasts unattractive
1410788592590_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h45m.JPG

1410788594614_wps_51_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.jpg

Genuine apology: Although David said he was 'sorry' for upsetting Lisa, she questioned his motives
1410788736208_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h47m.JPG

Emotional moment: Lisa asked David whether he was sorry for what he said or sorry for being caught
'If I could take back listening I would, I would 100 per cent... your behaviour to me was not only inappropriate, but you're not someone I would ever associate with (outside of the house).'
David defended his sexist comments with the line: 'I'm just going to say boys will be boys when they're together.'
Lisa wasn't impressed: 'I don't care about them, I don't care if it's bro code or whatever you guys go on with.'
1410788806301_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h48m.JPG

Agree to disagree: The pair left the conversation on an awkward note, not resolving the argument
1410788902030_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h45m.JPG

Two faced?: Lisa accused David of saying one thing to her in the pool earlier in the day about her physical appearance then saying the opposite to impress the boys
1410789018266_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h51m.JPG

Sauna session: The lads had a sweaty bonding session in the sauna, discussing the fight in detail
The pair didn't resolve the issue, rather agreeing to disagree and going their seperate ways with tension between the pair still evident.
There was a different kind of tension spilling over between Jake and Skye after their multiple hook-ups in the hot tub the previous evening.
Skye even went to Big Brother for help, confessing her feelings in the diary room.
1410789524639_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h49m.JPG

Power play: Dion and Jason now have the power in the house and had their first opportunity to flex their muscles
1410789681698_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h51m.JPG

May the odds be in your favour: Host Sonia Kruger was all too aware that tension was heating up between the pairs as they head towards their first eviction on Wednesday
1410789723613_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h52m.JPG

Game play: Jason and Dion had to decide which pair they would break up and swap with another
'It's really nice having a crush on someone, it's like the best thing ever,' she said.
'It makes you feel younger. Can you please help me Big Brother?
'What do I say to him? It's so awkward but I don't know if it's because I'm talking about it so much... maybe I should just shut up.
'I'm extremely attracted to him... he's so attractive, don't you think?'
1410789791095_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h52m.JPG

Tough decision: Sonia crossed live to the boys who had some serious thinking to do before announcing
1410789817171_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

Love is in the air: Skye and Jake appeared to be getting close after sharing several kisses the night before
1410789840992_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

1410789874493_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h55m.JPG

Room for two: Skye had been nervous about having a crush on the trickster, even going to Big Brother for advice on her budding romance
The pair later had a special moment when Skye was giving herself a facial skin treatment, trading song lines while laying on the bed together.
Meanwhile, things were getting serious for the housemates ahead of the first eviction on Wednesday night with Dion and Jason making their first power play.
With the pairs set to compete in a mental and physical challenge in the coming weeks, the lads had the opportunity to swap two of the couples.
They picked Ryan and Travis, choosing to seperate their bond and strength by teaming Travis with Cat and Ryan with Sam.
'No hard feelings boys,' said an apologetic Jason, while Ryan and Travis looked disappointed at being broken up.
1410789920692_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h56m.JPG

'No hard feelings boys': The pair deciding to make a strategic move and seperate Ryan and Travis
1410789956358_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_15_22h56m.JPG

Tough competition: The pairs will now compete against each other in physical and mental challenges

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2756334/You-not-I-EVER-associate-Lisa-confronts-David-sexist-comments-defends-boys-boys-excuse-heated-Big-Brother.html#ixzz3DOm0cfiH

They say that he was in trouble for calling her breasts unattractive, multiple times. He didn't, he said they were good, but a bit low for his taste. And they fail to mention that Travis was as guilty in the conversation.

Also, Jake is a trickster? They really decide on the characters before they go in, and then they stick with them. Ben, adorable, Tim, naughty, Jake, trickster, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back