Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Brother – Still Too Much Tim Dormer
by Reality Raver
It was too much Tim again on Big Brother tonight. He was interviewed by Sonia Kruger on stage and it was all about him. How he had made a big move aka had put himself up for eviction and how that was when he thought he could win.
It was interesting when he eventually got talking about the house. He did say that Katie and Travis were not real bright and the smarter ones seemed to be keeping quiet and watching the two of them implode. Also he said no one can stand Gemma.
Tim also picked the new individual head of the house and he selected, a male, Lawson.
Lisa was doing her best “I can’t recall” impersonation when Travis was interrogating her about Jake. Skye was quite funny when she said “Well if you want to create a love triangle….”.
Continue reading @ http://www.realityravings.com/

Reactions: kxk
Big Brother Australia's Sonia Kruger shows off her baby bump in a stunning fitted green dress as Aisha and Lawson win the Perfect Pairs Challenge
By Jenna Good for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 01:17 AEST, 23 September 2014 | Updated: 02:07 AEST, 23 September 2014

She’s five months pregnant but Australian TV presenter Sonia Kruger sure knows how to dress her baby bump.
Instead of going for a cosy smock style maternity dress, the blonde beauty was happy to continue dressing like she always does - in chic close-fitting gown for Monday night’s episode of Big Brother.
The Morning’s presenter wore her hair pulled back in a high ponytail as she confidently pulled off the full length, low cut dress.
1411394057969_wps_12_Sonia_Kruger.jpg

1411394055728_Image_galleryImage_Sonia_Kruger.JPG

Green goddess: Sonia Kruger looked incredible in a full-length emerald dress as she presented Big Brother on Monday night
The 49-year-old couldn’t have looked happier as she chatted to last year’s Big Brother winner Tim Dormer, who had been invited into the house to pick the first Individual Head Of House.

The big-haired star chose magic man Lawson.
The 23-year-old from Perth was over the moon at being picked and said: ‘This is big thanks Tim for giving me powers. I will try to be fair and just and we’ll just see how it goes.’
1411394392953_wps_13_Big_Brother_2014_nFor_fur.jpg

Laughter: Tim was clearly loving being back on Big Brother and told Sonia exactly what he thought of all the contestants
Afterwards as he sat on the sofa with Sonia, he mentioned that he thought Skye and Lawson both have a good chance of winning the show.
It was an eventful episode with the grand finale of the Perfect Pairs competition and David shaving off his beard after being persuaded by Tim.
Following the advice to shave off his facial hair as a tactic to stay in the competition David, begrudgingly shed his beard before telling his housemates he felt like he had a whole new lease of life.
1411394595275_wps_14_david_beard_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Coming off! David reluctantly shaved off his beard after Tim told him it would be a good way of staying in the competition longer
1411394652448_wps_15_david_with_hm_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Fresh faced: The girls loved his new look but while David said he felt like he'd had a new lease of life he also mentioned he didn't like looking at his face
He also admitted not liking the look of his face however the girls agreed he looks cute.
Skye and Lisa were saved from eviction this week showing that they have the achieved the highest public vote, which Sonia said will shake up the atmosphere of the house.
The two girls jumped around screaming as they enjoyed hearing how popular they were until Sonia played a joke on them saying: 'Only joking!'
1411401323267_wps_34_image017_png.jpg

Dancing queens: Aisha and Lawson and their opposition team Jason and Dion all put on great display
1411401367121_wps_36_image015_png.jpg

1411401367123_wps_37_image007_png.jpg

Impressive: Lawson said he had never danced before despite looking incredible as he lifted Aisha and threw her into various positions
1411401439384_wps_38_image012_png.jpg

Winning move! The couple wouldn't have looked out of place alongside Patrick Swayze in the eighties flick Dirty Dancing
She quickly took the comment back upon seeing how devastated they looked.
But it was the perfect pairs dance off that was the highlight of the show with both Aisha and Lawson and their opposition team Jason and Dion putting on a great display.
After a lot of booty shaking and contorted facial expressions it was Aisha and Lawson who won the challenge narrowly with 51.8 per cent.
1411401757557_wps_39_image016_png.jpg

Came close: They put on a hilarious show but Jason and Dion lost the Perfect Pairs Championships to Aisha and Lawson
1411394782881_wps_16_lawson_magic_2_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Magic man! Lawson was over the moon at being made the Individual Head of House
Aisha excitedly screamed all the way to the diary room where she and Lawson were told they would now have to share their $30,000 prize money.
They will need to choose which of them will pocket $20,000 and who gets $5,000.
They will also need to decide who they give the other $5,000 to and are not allowed to devise a plan to share the money fairly when they leave the house.
1411401863910_wps_40_image019_png.jpg

In shock: Lawson and Aisha now have to decide which of them will get the $20,000 and the $5,000 and also which housemate they will give the remaining $5,000 to...
The pair looked completely miffed as to how they will ever be able to decide who will walk away with the money.
If this wasn't enough, tensions are also rising as the first eviction of 2014 will take place on Tuesday night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2765277/Big-Brother-Australia-s-Sonia-Kruger-shows-baby-bump-stunning-fitted-green-dress-Aisha-Lawson-win-Perfect-Pairs-Challenge.html#ixzz3E3ugYTe9

Reactions: kxk
Screen Producers Australia announces shortlist for Screen Producers Awards
Screen Producers Australia has announced the finalists for its awards.
The release:
Screen Producers Australia announced today the finalists in the 14th Screen Producers Australia Awards. The Awards recognise the creation of outstanding screen content; celebrate the skill, accomplishment, imagination and passion of its Production Businesses; and aim to increase awareness of the role producers play in creating Australian screen stories.
“This year we received the largest number of entries to date, highlighting the incredible contribution our Production Businesses make to the industry and the importance of the Awards in recognising excellence and acknowledging the collaboration of talent that creates these productions,” said Executive Director of Screen Producers Australia, Matthew Deaner. “Businesses big and small are represented and we look forward to celebrating with all the finalists and the industry in November.”........

Reality Television Production
Big Brother, Endemol Australia
MasterChef, Shine Australia
The Real Housewives of Melbourne, Matchbox Pictures
The Voice, Shine Australia
The X Factor, FremantleMedia Australia

Continue reading @ http://mumbrella.com.au/screen-prod...nces-shortlist-screen-producers-awards-252762

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2577991/borders-own-in-the-big-brother-house/?cs=11

Big Brother housemate Kate Law has identical twin in Albury-Wodonga
By SARAH DEAN
Sept. 23, 2014, midnight
r0_0_2145_1494_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Rebecca Rice’s twin Kate Law, known as Cat, is on Big Brother this year. Picture: PETER MERKESTEYN

r0_0_630_945_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sandra Nixon

FORMER Albury woman and 2014 Big Brother housemate Kate Law has an identical twin sister on the Border, just don’t expect to see them both on the show.

There are no tricks up Big Brother’s sleeve to introduce Rebecca Rice (nee Mullavey) who is living her life as a radiographer in Albury.

Kate, 31, grew up on the Border and attended Albury High School before receiving a degree in accounting and landing a job with a firm in Melbourne.

She worked as an accountant for four years before having a change of heart and is now a midwife in Melbourne.

As a big fan of the show, Mrs Rice admitted it was “weird” seeing her twin — also known as Cat — on television.

“She hasn’t done anything to embarrass herself; she’s representing Albury well,” Mrs Rice said.

Kate was married for seven years before separating.

“She applied for the show because she wanted to take a risk and do something exciting,” Mrs Rice said.

“I am hoping people on the Border will get behind her and vote to keep her on the show.”

Border residents may also recognise former Lavington netballer and Murray High student, Sandra Nixon.

The 30-year-old now lives in Wagga.

She is a well-known softballer with Kooringal and manages Wagga’s Bonds store.

The season has been running for two weeks and both face eviction tonight at 8.40pm on the WIN Network.

The winner will be announced on November 26.

Big Brother Australia – The First Elimination
by Reality Raver
Before we got to the first elimination, firstit was too the diary room, Lawson and Aisha were given five minutes to discuss how to divvy the money up. Lawson gave the $20000 to Aisha as his life is blessed and he is still living at home. And Aisha and Lawson decided to give Jake the $5000 as his compelling sob story is that he lives pay check to pay check. Maybe he might not want to rent in one of the most expensive suburbs in Sydney that would save him a few bucks.
Though who would you give it to, as none of the housemates appear to be that hard up.
Lawson was now worrying that he will become a target because he is a part of the “perfect couple”.
Katie saw Lawson as a threat and told Ryan that Lawson’s persona of the awkward anti social guy was “bullshit”. Ryan said he was awkward and then he became comfortable.
Katie said she thought she see vindictiveness. This girl bitches about everyone and his a tad delusional.
Travis apologised to her about the ugly face comment, but then had a go at her in the sauna. But he actually did a great impersonation of the way Katie walks.
Travis does like Aisha and told BB she was an awesome chick and she ticks a lot of boxes. In fact there was even some non-spa pashing going on between the two.
The viewer is not see much of Priya. Is she not saying much or are the producers protecting her?
Gemma was upset about being isolated but then later she said she was enjoying pushing buttons and getting under peoples skins. Jake sat there looking bewildered. He told her you have to play the game with the other housemates.

Continue reading @ http://www.realityravings.com/2014/...gn=Feed:+realityravings/iMkY+(reality+ravings)

'I wanted the attention on me all of the time!' Housemates give controversial Big Brother contestant Gemma the boot as she suffers humiliating face to face nominations
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 00:27 AEST, 24 September 2014 | Updated: 00:51 AEST, 24 September 2014
View
comments

She thought of herself as the most 'interesting' housemate but that didn't stop Gemma from being the first person evicted from the Big Brother house on Tuesday night.
In an awkward eviction ceremony, housemates were called to the garden and ordered to nominate face-to-face.
With just 25 per cent of the audience's backing, it was between the favourite, Jake and Gemma, the most controversial housemate of the 16.
1411483531094_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Please leave the Big Brother house! She thought of herself as the most 'interesting' housemate but that didn't stop Gemma from being the first person evicted from the Big Brother house on Tuesday night
1411483483105_wps_3_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

Awkward! Housemates were called to the garden and ordered to nominate face-to-face
Katie was the first person to pick Jake to stay because she said she thought she knew him better than Gemma.
Seven others followed her suit, including Lisa who has been flirting up a storm with the 25-year-old bespectacled Brisbane bloke Jake.
The only one who stood behind the statuesque redhead was Priya, who said: 'I will choose Gemma. It may not make a big difference but I want you to know I stand behind you.'
1411478001564_wps_34_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

Pick a team: With just 25 per cent of the audience's backing, it was between the favourite, Jake and Gemma, the most controversial housemate of the 16
1411477358352_wps_16_Sonia_Kruger.jpg

Glowing: Host Sonia Kruger showed off her growing bump in a bright purple gown for the first eviction
1411477988860_wps_33_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

First interview: Dressed in a black mini-dress and kitten heels, Gemma joined Sonia on the couch
When it was announced that she was the first out, she burst into tears and hugged Jake first in her final 30 seconds in the locked down pad.
Dressed in a black mini-dress and kitten heels, she went to join host Sonia Kruger, who glowed in purple, on the couch.
Gemma explained that throughout her stay, 'conflict' was her strategy and it's a plan that she doesn't regret.
'I wanted the attention on me. If the attention is on me, it's off everyone else... I want to keep ruffling feathers,' she said in the diary room during a flashback of her time inside.
1411483615257_wps_5_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

She had a plan: Gemma explained that throughout her stay, 'conflict' was her strategy and it's a plan that she doesn't regret
'I wanted the attention on me all of the time,' the 29-year-old Perth nurse told Sonia.
'A lot of people in the house were going under the radar,' and she urged for people not to vote for them.
She said she felt no resentment towards the others who voted for Jake and not her: 'Jake is such a great guy. I would have picked Jake too.'
1411483709608_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Me, me, me! 'I wanted the attention on me all of the time,' the 29-year-old Perth nurse told Sonia
1411483825568_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

No ill feelings! 'Jake is such a great guy. I would have picked Jake too
On her relationship with her happy-go-lucky other half, she said: 'I liked that he understood me and I liked that he picked me first.'
'I'll miss even the people that I didn't like, like Travis,' she laughed.
Earlier on in the episode it was revealed that Aisha won the $20,000 and Lawson will take home $5,000. They both decided that Jake should be given the other $5,000.
Aisha was thrilled with her haul and said she feels like it will be her 'back up' in case she ever loses her job.
1411477861196_wps_27_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

Not getting on: Travis also aplogised to Katie for saying she had an 'ugly head'. His harsh words came after she told him his new hairstyle made him look like 'Mr Potato'
1411477866725_wps_28_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

All in his plan! While she thought Travis's apology was 'real' and 'sincere' it turned out that he only did it as a strategy move
Travis also aplogised to Katie for saying she had an 'ugly head'. His harsh words came after she told him his new hairstyle made him look like 'Mr Potato'.
As they hugged it out, she asked 'friends?' while he cheekily replied 'with benefits?' But she turned him down.
And while she thought his apology was 'real' and 'sincere' it turned out that he only did it as a strategy move.
1411477896041_wps_29_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

All strategy! Travis told Jake and Lawson in the sauna that saying sorry was to only keep peace in the house
1411477940913_wps_30_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

Getting friendly: But Katie wasn't the only woman on his mind. Travis also revealed that he had feelings for Aisha
He told Jake and Lawson in the sauna that saying sorry was to only keep peace in the house. Travis also went on to mock her and imitated her by saying: 'I want to be treated with respect!'
But Katie wasn't the only woman on his mind. He also revealed that he had feelings for Aisha.
'It's still early days. I've never really lived with a girl I had feelings for in the past. I hope I don't blow it, but I am enjoying her company at the moment,' he said.
1411477968484_wps_31_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

Romantic: 'It's still early days. I've never really lived with a girl I had feelings for in the past. I hope I don't blow it, but I am enjoying her company at the moment,' he said

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2766456/I-wanted-attention-time-Housemates-nominate-controversial-red-head-Gemma-face-one-booted-Big-Brother-house.html#ixzz3E9YDdK7j

Last edited:
David shaved it! Big Brother bad guy shears off his signature beard and shocks the housemates with his clean cut look
By Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 14:59 AEST, 23 September 2014 | Updated: 19:58 AEST, 23 September 2014

He's just as notorious for his wild facial hair as he is his insensitive comments, but Big Brother housemate David took the clippers to one defining feature on Tuesday night.

The 31-year-old radiographer said goodbye to his face fluff as past winner Tim Dormer convinced him to shave it off.

And the result was... surprising.

Scroll down for videos

1411448206504_wps_25_david_with_hm_2_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Smooth criminal: David shaved off his signature beard on Tuesday night's episode of Big Brother

1411448206569_wps_27_Daily_Show_180914_3_jpg.jpg

1411448206571_wps_28_david_with_hm_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Beary good: Housemates were loving his smoother look after he ditched the hipster beard

An established outsider due to his comments about women's bodies, David is facing eviction and one of the top bets to be sent home.

But seeing a little something of himself in David, Dormer - who was a surprise intruder - selected the fellow lad to join him for a night in the luxurious sanctuary.

It was in the five-star accommodations within the Big Brother compound that the curly-haired 2013 winner was able to convince him to go under the knife.

In memoriam of David's beard Day 1 - Day 14
video-undefined-2195FE0B00000578-923_636x358.jpg

1411448206556_wps_26_1410225332246_wps_55_Big_.jpg

Bye bye beardy: The scruffy facial hair has been the signature look for the 31-year-old radiographer

1411448455383_Image_galleryImage_Tim_Dormer_enters_the_Big.JPG

Winning big: Former Big Brother winner Tim Dormer was a surprise intruder and shook things up

The 'bold move' saw David say goodbye to his signature feature and perhaps, even save him from eviction.

The housemates certainly took to the change, with them collectively screaming in shock as he returned to the house.

'You are a different person!' shouted Jake, while Skye too was overcome.

'Oh my gosh, you look amazing!' she said.

Housemates shocked after David's big shave
video-undefined-2195DDAA00000578-160_636x358.jpg

1411448206598_wps_29_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h27m.jpg

Gone going: Former Big Brother winner Tim Dormer convinced David to take the clippers to his beard

1411448206621_wps_30_david_beard_seg_1_jpg.jpg

Chopper chic?: The 'bold move' was his way to separate himself from the partnership he entered the house in

Lisa added that he looked 'so much better'.
David explained that the reason for his dramatic makeover was the fact that the housemates were individuals now, and no longer paired as couples.
'Why did I do it?' he mused.
'Last night I had an epiphany that I entered this house as a partner bearded up and as we're no longer partnerships I need to set myself aside.'
Travis was the first to point out that a clean-shaven David resembled Spider-Man actor Tobey Maguire, which is something he said is mentioned a lot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-housemates-clean-cut-look.html#ixzz3E9evajw3

'Unnecessary cruelty': Big Brother eviction compared to school bullying
dh_brother3-20140924071324425713-620x349.jpg

"The eviction process was horrible.": Gemma Kinghorn is booted out of Big Brother. Photo: Channel Nine
Big Brother's first eviction has been labelled cruel, humiliating and akin to schoolyard bullying on social media.
Towering West Australian Gemma Kinghorn was evicted on Tuesday in controversial circumstances after the house mates were forced to choose between her or her playing partner, Jake.
Instead of making it a private vote, the 14 house mates, who were safe from eviction, were sent into the garden, where Jake and Gemma were standing.
dh_brother-20140924071117806569-620x349.jpg

Gemma admitted she likes to "push buttons". Photo: Channel Nine
They were then instructed, one by one, to stand behind the house mate they wanted to save and explain why.
Advertisement
Once eight were standing behind either Jake or Gemma, the voting ended.
It didn't last long, and eight of the first nine contestants chose to stand behind Jake.
Only Priya stood behind Gemma, who had minutes earlier started crying when she heard that she and Jake had received the fewest viewer votes.
A post of the potential evictees on Big Brother's official Facebook page was bombarded with negative comments.
"This is just MEAN bullying at its finest its (sic) so awful poor Gemma," Claire Farrelly said in her post, which had more than 200 likes.
Even those who were not fans of Kinghorn took umbrage.
"That was the most embarrassing and demeaning form of eviction I've ever seen. I didn't particularly like Gemma, but I felt sorry for her," Carla posted.
The Twitter comments were just as pointed.
"Seriously, that was such a highschool (sic) bullying way of eliminating a house mate. Unimpressed," Kylie tweeted.
Another viewer wrote: "The eviction process was horrible. Just awful. Unnecessary cruelty."
One person even asked if Big Brother has "decent counsellors for evictees to talk to".
This season of Big Brother has had many twists, but no stunt has been met with such anger on social media as the eviction of Kinghorn.
The 29-year-old, with smudged mascara, put on a brave face when she was interviewed on stage by host Sonia Kruger.
Kinghorn said she understood why the house mates had chosen Jake ahead of her.
"I would have picked Jake," she said.
Kinghorn had a habit of needling her fellow house mates and spilling tears on a daily basis during her 17 days in the Dreamworld compound on the Gold Coast.
She estimated about half of what she said inside the house were genuine remarks and the rest was to cause friction and bring attention to herself.
"I had a great time. I like pushing buttons," she said.
Following her departure, 15 contestants remain in the Big Brother house.
AAP

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/unnecessary-cruelty-big-brother-eviction-compared-to-school-bullying-20140924-3ggfe.html#ixzz3EBVDmBV5

'I was being a bit of a b***h on purpose': Big Brother's Gemma defends her antics in the house and reveals she was bullied as a teenager for her appearance after her 'confronting' eviction
By Alicia Vrajlal and Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 08:30 AEST, 24 September 2014 | Updated: 09:23 AEST, 24 September 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-house-reveals-bullied-teenager.html#comments
She might be 6"6' but Big Brother housemate Gemma was no Big Friendly Giant, with the fiery red head insisting that she was purposefully being a 'b***h' on the reality series.
The 29-year-old Perth girl was the first contestant evicted from the 2014 season of the hit show and she said she's not at all surprised.
'I was being a bit of a b***h on purpose,' she told the Daily Mail Australia.
1411510447462_wps_1_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

Bye bye Big Brother: Gemma waves to the scremaing crowd at the live eviction show on Tuesday night
'I was doing it to get attention and it worked.

'I didn't ever forget about the cameras because my whole plan was to be noticed all the time and be in the story line.
'Any publicity was good publicity as far as I was concerned so I was constantly searching out opportunities to be on them (the cameras).'
1411510471141_wps_2_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

Tall statement: The 29-year-old stood hand-in-hand with host Sonia Kruger and admitted that while on the inside she wanted all the attention
1411510477872_wps_3_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

Polarising beauty: She divided housemates with antics that she said were on purpose
It didn't seem to quite work out for Gemma as she planned however, with her saying that she 'thought' she was playing the long game only to be the first to go.
'I just wanted to be noticed all the time. Physically I get noticed all the time but in a place like that you need to stand out,' she said.
'I've been a viewer for a long time so I wanted to do what I wanted to watch and my favourite moments in Big Brother are conflicts.
'I don't think anyone was playing as hard as me... I was there to win, I was playing what I thought was the long game.'
1411510482636_wps_4_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.jpg

Like highschool: Although close to Jake, Gemma added that the Big Brother house felt like highschool
1411510674867_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Bullying victim: Gemma overcame severe bullying in secondary school and learned from her experiences
Gemma, who has been a longtime fan of the show, said she had some experience with what to expect in the Big Brother house.
As a tall and unpopular girl in highschool, the red headed beauty was bullied for years.
'It's totally highschool in there,' she said of the Big Brother house.
'I did feel bullied at times. When you're in highschool you have that schoolyard pick.
'I was bullied so badly in highschool nobody wanted a bar of me... people would fight with each other to see who got me because nobody wanted me.
'I've learnt so many lessons in my life from when I got bullied I combat it in different ways.
'I'm so proud for the way i stood up for myself and confronted the other housemates because I would never have done that in school.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2767294/I-bit-b-h-purpose-Big-Brother-contestant-Gemma-defends-antics-house-reveals-bullied-teenager.html#ixzz3EBWg6sMY

Viewers slam Big Brother’s first eviction and label it ‘humiliating’ after Gemma Kinghorn’s departure

661725-5c19279a-4372-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Voted out ... Gemma’s cruel eviction has been criticised by Big Brother fans. Source: Channel 9
BIG BROTHER’S first eviction has been labelled cruel, humiliating and akin to schoolyard bullying on social media.
Towering West Australian Gemma Kinghorn was evicted on Tuesday in controversial circumstances after the housemates were forced to choose between her or her playing partner, Jake.
Instead of making it a private vote, the 14 other contestants, who were safe from eviction, were sent into the garden, where Jake and Gemma were standing.
661753-2fbbfab6-436c-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Emotional exit ... Gemma was in tears as she left the Big Brother house last night. Source: Channel 9
They were then instructed, one by one, to stand behind the housemate they wanted to save and explain why. Once eight were standing behind either Jake or Gemma, the voting ended.
It didn’t last long: eight of the first nine contestants chose to stand behind Jake.
Only Priya stood behind Gemma, who had minutes earlier started crying when she heard that she and Jake had received the fewest viewer votes.
660365-29b1cb78-436c-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

“Humiliating” television ... the way Gemma was evicted has been slammed by viewers. Source: Channel 9

A post of the potential evictees on Big Brother’s official Facebook page was bombarded with negative comments.
“This is just MEAN bullying at its finest its (sic) so awful poor Gemma,” Claire Farrelly said in her post, which had more than 200 likes.
Even those who were not fans of Kinghorn took umbrage.

“That was the most embarrassing and demeaning form of eviction I’ve ever seen. I didn’t particularly like Gemma, but I felt sorry for her,” Carla posted.
660393-70334e18-4372-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Gemma was the first housemate to be evicted from the Big Brother house for 2014. Source: Channel 9
The Twitter comments were just as pointed.
“Seriously, that was such a highschool (sic) bullying way of eliminating a house mate. Unimpressed,” Kylie tweeted.
Another viewer wrote: “The eviction process was horrible. Just awful. Unnecessary cruelty.” One person even asked if Big Brother has “decent counsellors for evictees to talk to”.
636603-3d182f40-436c-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Brief stay ... Gemma on the couch with Sonia Kruger. Source: Channel 9
This season of Big Brother has had many twists, but no stunt has been met with such anger on social media as the eviction of Kinghorn.
The 29-year-old, with smudged mascara, put on a brave face when she was interviewed on stage by host Sonia Kruger.
Kinghorn said she understood why the house mates had chosen Jake ahead of her.
“I would have picked Jake,” she said.
636646-50b2a09e-436c-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Shocking treatment ... viewers rushed to Gemma’s defence after her eviction. Source: Supplied
Kinghorn had a habit of needling her fellow house mates and spilling tears on a daily basis during her 17 days in the Dreamworld compound on the Gold Coast.
She estimated about half of what she said inside the house were genuine remarks and the rest was to cause friction and bring attention to herself.
“I had a great time. I like pushing buttons,” she said.
Following her departure, 15 contestants remain in the Big Brother house.
What did you think of the Big Brother eviction last night? Share with us below.
660445-5f44b722-4372-11e4-bbb6-36a0bafef4a2.jpg

Gemma walks the plank after being evicted on Tuesday night. Source: Channel 9

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ghorns-departure/story-fn8yvfst-1227068634900

Pregnant Sonia Kruger shows off blossoming baby bump in plunging maxi dress as she glams up Big Brother stage for first elimination of the series
By Bianca Soldani for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 08:54 AEST, 24 September 2014 | Updated: 09:35 AEST, 24 September 2014

After announcing she is pregnant with her first child just over a month ago, Sonia Kruger has been determined to stick to her style favourties.
The ever-fashionable 49-year-old showed off her fabulous figure in a flowing purple maxi dress as she took to the stage for Tuesday night's eviction special on Big Brother Australia.
Featuring a plunging V-shaped neckline, the brightly coloured frock swathed the host's blossoming baby bump in layers of semi-sheer fabric that fell well below her ankles.
1411507104434_Image_galleryImage_Sonia_Kruger.JPG

Baby bump! Expectant mother Sonia Kruger showed off her fabulous figure in a brightly coloured maxi dress on Tuesday night's episode of Big Brother
The popular presenter, who is five months pregnant, shared an insight into her pre-show beauty routine on Instagram earlier that night.
Posting a photo of herself having her feet attended to by the show's executive producer she wrote: 'Just getting a quick pedicure before tonight's show from our EP - Exceptional Pedicurist.'

Looking effortlessly stylish, Sonia kept her eviction night look largely accessory free and leaving her neck and wrists bare, adorned her fingers with a number of delicate gold rings.
She smoothed her long locks into loose waves and wore her hair out for the first elimination special of the series that saw attention-seeker Gemma kicked from the house.
1411507712966_wps_6_Sonia_Kruger.jpg

1411507733686_Image_galleryImage_Sonia_Kruger.JPG

Taking the plunge: The purple frock featured a daring neckline and flowing full-length skirt that fell well below the popular TV star's ankles
1411508368270_wps_15_Gemma_is_the_first_person.jpg

Debut eviction: The 49-year-old presenter hosted the first eviction ceremony of the new season of Big Brother Australia
1411514263335_wps_2_Sonia_Kruger_gets_help_wi.jpg

Pre-show prep: She shared an insight into her pre-show beauty routine by posting this photo of herself getting a 'pedicure' to Instagram earlier in the night
The 6ft 6in contestant towered over Sonia as she joined her on stage after the housemates chose to give her the boot over fellow nominee Jake in a somewhat humiliating face-to-face nomination ceremony.
Upon being evicted, Gemma, who fancied herself the most interesting of the housemates, explained that throughout her stay, 'conflict' was her strategy and it's a plan that she doesn't regret.
'I wanted the attention on me. If the attention is on me, it's off everyone else... I want to keep ruffling feathers,' she said in the diary room during a flashback of her time inside.
She later sat alongside Sonia where she reiterated her point to the studio audience, saying: 'I wanted the attention on me all of the time.'
1411508344746_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Evicted: Attention-seeking housemate Gemma was booted from the show and towered over host Sonia as she took to the stage after leaving the house
1411508315506_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

'I want to keep ruffling feathers': Gemma told the audience she wanted attention to be on her 'all the time' and believed herself the most 'interesting' of the housemates
Mornings host Sonia is accustomed to bringing her glamorous best to the Big Brother stage and just the night before stepped out in another form-fitting number.
Speaking to Daily Mail Australia earlier this month, the expectant mother explained she won't be sacrificing her sartorial style as her form continues to change.
She said: 'I really don't want to change my fashion drastically. Hopefully I'll be able to wear what I normally wear, it's just that you'll see a little more of a baby bump.'
'I can't imagine that all of a sudden I'll start donning kaftans and muumuus!'
1411510941945_wps_17_A_supplied_image_obtained.jpg

Enviable form: Host Sonia stepped out in another glamorous outfit the night before when she dressed her baby bump in a form-fitting green dress
1411511385205_Image_galleryImage_Sonia_Kruger_makes_openin.JPG

1411511010839_Image_galleryImage_Sonia_Kruger_makes_openin.JPG

Mum-to-be: She showed off her growing figure in a pink lace number on the first episode of Big Brother Australia earlier this month

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2767242/Pregnant-Sonia-Kruger-shows-blossoming-baby-bump-plunging-maxi-dress-glams-Big-Brother-stage-series-elimination.html#ixzz3EBZ1zhht

Back in the real world! Tim Dormer looks downcast as he walks Meatloaf after his second stint inside the Big Brother house
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 00:18 AEST, 24 September 2014 | Updated: 00:38 AEST, 24 September 2014

He's just returned home after his second trip inside the Big Brother house but last year's winner Tim Dormer looks like he's already missing the locked up pad.
The 30-year-old was seen taking his diminutive French Bulldog Meatloaf for a walk by the picturesque waters of Bondi Beach on Tuesday.
The typically happy-go-lucky flame-haired reality star looked downcast as he chatted on his phone while he strolled along with his canine companion in tow.
1411478507196_wps_40_TIM_DORMER_FRESH_OUT_OF_T.jpg

Sad stroll: He's just returned home after his second trip inside the Big Brother house but last year's winner Tim Dormer looks like he's already missing the locked up pad
1411478512050_wps_41_TIM_DORMER_FRESH_OUT_OF_T.jpg

Wishes he was back inside! The 30-year-old was seen taking his diminutive French Bulldog for a walk by the picturesque waters of Bondi Beach on Tuesday
For his day off, he was dressed down in a black T-shirt with white stripes and green, graffiti writing across it.

To get some sun on his legs, he opted for denim shorts and black flip flops - not the most ideal walking shoes.
Meatloaf looked to be enjoying having his owner back with him as the pair took in the fresh air in the picturesque surroundings.
1411479346434_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_nFor_fur.JPG

Sit down: His main job on Monday night's show was to pick the first Individual Head Of House with the big-haired star choosing magic man, Lawson. He chatted with host Sonia Kruger on his exit
1411479643315_wps_44_Tim_Dormer_enters_the_Big.jpg

Party time! When he returned to the show, he told Daily Mail Australia the thing he couldn't wait for most was to see his pal Jake's face
Sixteen new housemates have already taken over the Big Brother house but Tim knows only too well what it's like to live with one of them as Jake was his former flatmate.
When he returned to Monday night's show, he told Daily Mail Australia the thing he couldn't wait for most was to see Jake's face.
His main job while back inside was to pick the first Individual Head Of House with the big-haired star choosing magic man, Lawson.
The 23-year-old from Perth was over the moon at being picked and said: ‘This is big thanks Tim for giving me powers. I will try to be fair and just and we’ll just see how it goes.’
Afterwards as he sat on the sofa with Sonia, he mentioned that he thought Skye and Lawson both have a good chance of winning the show.
1411479379668_Image_galleryImage_Tim_Dormer_enters_the_Big.JPG

Next year's winner: He said that he thought Skye and Lawson both have a good chance of winning the show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2766672/Back-real-world-Tim-Dormer-looks-downcast-walks-Meatloaf-second-stint-inside-Big-Brother-house.html#ixzz3EBdDNpSD

LOL @ article about Tim "looking down", and " To get some sun on his legs, he opted for denim shorts and black flip flops - not the most ideal walking shoes.
Meatloaf looked to be enjoying having his owner back with him as the pair took in the fresh air in the picturesque surroundings"

... I think they're running out of things to right.

@Timdormer you should not be walking in flip flops - Dailymail feels they're not ideal walking shoes

'It was nothing more than schoolyard bullying': Big Brother Australia fans hit back at Gemma's humiliating eviction as she describes experience as 'confronting'
By Bianca Soldani and Alicia Vrajlal for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 10:28 AEST, 24 September 2014 | Updated: 11:36 AEST, 24 September 2014

Fans of Big Brother Australia have slammed Tuesday night's episode of the show and accused producers of 'bullying' after the housemates were subjected to a humiliating face-to-face nomination and eviction ceremony.
Taking to social media, angered viewers expressed their disapproval of the segment that saw only one of the contestants vote to save Gemma Kinghorn as they lined up for a public vote.
The statuesque 6ft 6in Western Australian was left out in the cold as the remainder of the safe housemates stood behind fellow nominee Jake in the eviction branded 'shameful', 'humiliating' and 'cruel' by fans.

1411515705342_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

'It's humiliating!' Big Brother Australia fans have slammed Tuesday night's eviction as 'bullying' after only one housemate voted to save Gemma in a humiliating public vote

Another disgruntled fan echoed the sentiment writing: 'Never liked Gemma but it was awful the way she was evicted. I felt sorry for her. BB you are a bully.'
A third said: 'BB last night was nothing more than a school yard bully. That was sooooo humiliating for Gemma,' while another directed criticism at the show's producers saying: 'I am left wondering how many people working in production of big brother approved that!
'It was like watching classic high school bullying and I felt physically sick watching it. Poor Gemma. No one deserves that.'
1411515734870_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Public vote: The housemates were forced to stand behind the contestant they most wanted to save with all but Priya choosing to save fellow nominee Jake
Fiery redhead Gemma, who considered herself the most 'interesting' of the housemates, was reduced to tears just minutes before trudging out into the garden for the public eviction.
The 29-year-old was overcome with emotion as Big Brother announced she and Jake had received the smallest share of viewer votes.
Left to the deciding vote of their fellow contestants, eight housemates took their places behind Jake with only Priya backing Gemma, saying: 'I will choose Gemma. It may not make a big difference but I want you to know I stand behind you.'
Responding to the outburst on social media, Gemma defended Channel Nine's decision to conduct a public vote.
1411518600733_wps_8_Big_Brother_Australia_com.jpg

Angered: One viewer labelled the eviction 'humiliating'
1411518616046_wps_10_Big_Brother_Australia_com.jpg

Disgusted: User Marnie called the segment 'deplorable' in a comment left on the Big Brother Australia Facebook page
1411518634457_wps_11_Big_Brother_Australia_com.jpg

Slamming the move: Michelle said she was disgusted and shocked by the public eviction
'I do not feel bullied at all, Big Brother was my ally all through my time in the house,' she told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday.
'Big Brother is a game and he can change the rules whenever he wants, we know this can happen at anytime going into the game.'
'I was expecting to be evicted, as soon as Sonia said "Jake and Gemma", she might as well have said, "It's time to go...Gemma"
'I wouldn't have changed anything about my time in the house. I would have voted for Jake too, if I had the choice.'
The feisty contestant went on to describe her experience in the Gold Coast house as somewhat 'confronting'.
1411515756037_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Left alone: Gemma described the experience herself as 'confronting' and revealed she was the victim of bullying as a child
'It's totally highschool in there,' she said, adding that while she didn't feel attacked by Big Brother,she was bullied by her fellow housemates: 'I did feel bullied at times. When you're in highschool you have that schoolyard pick.'
Revealing she was also the victim of bullying as a child she continued: 'I was bullied so badly in highschool nobody wanted a bar of me... People would fight with each other to see who got me because nobody wanted me.
'I've learnt so many lessons in my life from when I got bullied I combat it in different ways.
'I'm so proud for the way I stood up for myself and confronted the other housemates because I would never have done that in school.'
1411515792493_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Gemma_Ev.JPG

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2767327/Big-Brother-Australia-2014-Fans-hit-Gemma-s-humiliating-eviction-describes-experience-confronting.html#ixzz3EDGuUiJk

Big Brother's Gemma: "I Just Thank Goodness For Priya Standing Behind Me"
by Genevieve Rota 24/9/14

925684d88309a5ce_Gemma_Eviction_-_Gemma_and_Sonia_on_stage_23rd_Sept_-_80.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Share This Link Copy
When Perth's Gemma Kinghorn became the first Big Brother evictee of 2014 last night, it wasn't a huge surprise but it was a shame. She ruffled a few feathers and rubbed her housemates up the wrong way sometimes, but it made for really good viewing — and we'll miss the straight-talking honesty and controversy that she brought to the game.
We chatted to the 29-year-old nurse, who lives with Marfan syndrome and stands at 6'6", this morning and found her to be just as she is on screen: straight-up, funny, sweet and honest; there's no BS with this lady. We asked her all about the controversial eviction, her fellow housemates and who she wants outta there.
POPSUGAR Australia: So, last night was a big one!
Gemma:
Yeah, it was! It was full on . . . Still is!
PS: Are you doing lots of interviews?
Gemma:
Yeah and I'm in-between interviews processing what's happened. I got an hour's sleep last night and you're trying to process and debrief with my mum . . . yeah, it's full on.
PS: Your mum was adorable last night.
Gemma:
Yeah, she's really great. She was so worried, like, "Why'd you say this and why'd you say that?!" and I was like, "Oh, I was just trying!"
4ffe86fb2fe06218_Gemma_Eviction_-_Gemma_and_Fans_23rd_Sept_-_63.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Share This Link Copy
PS: So how are you feeling after the eviction process last night? That was tough to watch.
Gemma:
Yeah . . . You know, I was expecting it all the way along, as soon as we found out that it was going to be a housemates' pick, I knew I was stuffed straight away. I'm like, "If we're up, I'm gone." And I said that Sonia [Kruger, the host of Big Brother] might as well have said, "It's time to go, Gemma," straight away because I knew that I was going because no one in there is thinking strategically! I was totally numb during that whole thing, I swear at moments I lost consciousness.
PS: It must be a total whirlwind and before you know it you're on the couch with Sonia.
Gemma:
Yeah, that's it! I'm just like, "Oh my god, I've been crying!" and this, that and the other . . . I'm going to miss a couple of housemates and I just thank goodness for Priya standing behind me and going against everyone else in the house that was choosing Jake. I liked that. It was really, really sweet and special.
PS: Were you OK with how they arranged the eviction? It was pretty harsh.
Gemma:
Um, I . . . If it was Australia's choice, I don't know if I would have gone. If it was just Australia choosing then I think I would have been alright. Not necessarily against Jake but most certainly against Cat. I think that I could have beaten her every time because she doesn't do anything.
PS: Yeah, you brought more to the house in that way . . .
Gemma:
Yeah, than her. It was hard because I knew I was done.
PS: We ran a poll this morning on the eviction and someone tweeted that it would be boring without you in the house.
Gemma:
Oh, that's nice! Well, I think it will — I'm the only one doing anything!
3b035e7ca18f0e6d_Gemma_Eviction_-_Housemates_choose_Jake_23rd_Sept_-_59.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Share This Link Copy
PS: You were so straight-forward sometimes that I'd sit there with my hands over my mouth in shock — but it was so interesting. Is that what you're like outside of the house, or were you being strategic?
Gemma:
I blurred the lines a little bit, so a lot of it . . . The housemates called them "digs". A lot of the digs I was doing on purpose. I was trying to get them to argue with each other and with me! But a lot of things were lost in translation. I'd say something and they'd be like, "Woah, how can you say that?" and I'd be like, "I didn't say anything bad!" and they've be like, "Yeah, you did," so I kept having to sort of say to them, "This is a compliment, not an insult." People just weren't getting my way of talking to people. Everyone's ultra-sensitive in there and ultra-emotional. I think they were just taking things a little too personally.
PS: And how did you stay so resilient? You seemed to hold yourself together well.
Gemma:
I surprised myself. I mean, I know I cried a lot but I wasn't ever sad, it was all just so much emotion, and so much thinking, that would make me cry. I stood up for myself — usually I run away and cry when someone yells at me and, you know, I was going up against Travis who's the loudest, most brutish housemate in there and I'm going up against him! And I was telling him that it's OK that he doesn't like me because I don't like him either. So yeah, I was proud of myself and surprised at how strong I was and how resilient I was.
PS: Is there something you can put that down to in your personality, or was it the way you chose to operate in the house?
Gemma:
Well when I was young, being bullied and going through the things that I've been through, I have learned [to be resilient]. That's what I'm proud of, I'm proud that I haven't just played the victim. It might look like I did, but I wasn't playing the victim — I'm much bigger and better than I used to be.
PS: A lot of people will take inspiration from that.
Gemma:
Yeah, I hope so.
efc6035c41950b5a_Gemma_Eviction_-_Gemma_and_Sonia_on_couch_23rd_Sept_-_64.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Share This Link Copy
PS: Quick questions. Who will win?
Gemma:
I want Jake to win because I just find him so genuine and sweet. But I think Skye will win.
PS: Who should go next?
Gemma
: In a perfect world, I'd love Travis to go next because I don't like him. But the housemates think that he's got it in the bag, I think the housemates think that all the girls [viewers] are going to love him, but no one can bloody stand him because he's such a brute.
PS: He doesn't come across very well, he seems quite self-centred.
Gemma:
Yeah, and he is. He is very self-centred, he won't listen to anyone else's point but you have to listen to his. I think that if he's up for nomination again — I don't know how often he'll be up for nomination — but if he is, I hope that he goes.
PS: Who's playing the game the best?
Gemma:
Um . . . Maybe Jake because he's strategic but in a more quiet way than I was. We used to say that I'm the spoon and he's the stirrer.
PS: Who's flying under the radar?
Gemma:
Maybe Ryan . . . There's quite a few to be honest, quite a few who don't really do much. I don't know if it's a strategy of theirs or if they're just on a holiday, but I would name half the house in that, Dion, Sandra, Sam, Cat in particular, she's super quiet and not really doing anything.
PS: Would you do it again?
Gemma:
Every time. In a heartbeat, every time. If Big Brother said, "Kidding, you're going back in," I'd do it. And I wouldn't things differently, either!
http://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrit...st-Eviction-Interview-Gemma-Kinghorn-35791902

Source: Channel Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back