Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

The Strepsils ad where the woman pathetically coughs into her elbow, with an electronically added "hoo hoo hoo" sound meant to represent her persistent and annoying cough. As someone who DOES have a cough, I'm offended at how feeble this is.

Also, and they played this directly afterwards, that ad where the squeedgy things hanging in someone's car jump off and go for a swim in a pool. WHAT THE??? is it actually supposed to be advertising? I don't know and don't care, it's just pure annoying.

Smeg and smeghead are great words! I also have twat from red dwarf. And I combine that with the c word to make twunt. The way I describe many policians, and Ed with his cards from Bb 2013.puts a new slant on Smeg appliances 😬

Smeg and smeghead are great words! I also have twat from red dwarf. And I combine that with the c word to make twunt. The way I describe many policians, and Ed with his cards from Bb 2013.
That puts a whole new meaning to my Smeg appliances 😬
Me and that brand name never did get along. Too close to smegma 😵

…why do we have so many ads from thr USA on our screens now?… isn’t it taking work away from Australian actors?… clearly…there are American negroes in the ads for instance… what’s wrong with using Australian aborigines?… I for one would rather have an Aussie accent telling me that I will be unable to live without their product than hearing an American accent telling me… how about giving Australian actors more work eh?… they need the work… especially in Covid times like these… cheers.
…I wrote this article before within this forum post about the lack of Aborigines and their representation on Australian TV… on this website…

…they go into a great amount of depth about it… there are quite a few facts that are eye openers on the situation… such as…

155505D9-D82F-4DB3-AA4F-0D0B07550381.jpeg

98C0F845-26C4-462C-90C4-2C30A939409C.jpeg8283E5F8-AE73-4D16-85E5-108DE604B7D9.jpeg….you should take time to read the full article because it’s quite disgusting… I wrote the original article about TV ads mainly but it’s way more than that… Channels 7 and 9 and SBS have 0% representation (who woulda thunk it) and Channel 10 and the ABC has a mere 5% representation… they should be ashamed of themselves…

…In its 27-year history, TV series Home and Away has never featured an Aboriginal character. TV series Neighbours ran for 30 years before it employed its first Aboriginal actor, Wongutha-Yamatji man Meyne Wyatt, in 2014…

…there was a great quote on there that said…

“We moved from black and white television to colour, but forgot to bring the black with us.”…

…if anything… we should be proud to show Aboriiginal talent off to the World let alone just Australia …enough said methinks… please read the full article… it’s a great read… cheers.

Last edited:
…on Channel 7 news this morning they reported that a “25 year old man was stabbed to death today… he was part of a ‘youth’ gang blah blah blah”… um… aren’t ’’youth gangs’ usually filled with teenagers only?… he’s a man… an adult… so why say he’s a ‘youth’?… sounds stupid to me anyway… can anyone enlighten me if I am wrong please?… Channel 7… you sound just as stupid as usual… cheers.

…Koshie on Sunrise this morning… “millions of people to receive the promised $250 from the Government into their bank accounts today… we explain how to claim your money right after this blah blah blah”… you have to explain how we claim the money?… are we the public complete simpletons?… don’t we just have to look into our bank accounts?… you actually explained it in detail at the opening… “millions of people to receive the promised $250 fom the Government into their bank accounts today…”… what more information do we need?… why do we have to ‘claim’ it?… you are a total fuckwit Koshie!… cheers.

…Koshie on Sunrise this morning… “millions of people to receive the promised $250 from the Government into their bank accounts today… we explain how to claim your money right after this blah blah blah”… you have to explain how we claim the money?… are we the public complete simpletons?… don’t we just have to look into our bank accounts?… you actually explained it in detail at the opening… “millions of people to receive the promised $250 fom the Government into their bank accounts today…”… what more information do we need?… why do we have to ‘claim’ it?… you are a total fuckwit Koshie!… cheers.

Spot on mate, you know why they do that so that you keep watching their show and don't change the channel. They try all sorts of trickery and bullshit to keep the viewers tuned in.

Seriously has anyone else noticed the amount of damn advertisements on free to air tv now that's for gambling and online betting?

It's beyond the joke we are bombarded with constant betting and gambling ads like "crossbet" "ladbrokes" "bluebet" and "tab" just to name a few and there is probably alot more!

I am surprised the government haven't clamped down on all these gambling ads? Are they slipping through the system now? I think I see more of these gambling ads on tv now than all of the other ads combined!

I'm telling ya these online gambling companies must be making a hell of alot of money with all this advertising. It's just sad how many people's lives are being destroyed be excessive gambling. It seems that any advertising of alcohol and gambling products are completely fine at the moment.

You know it's a joke if you sometimes watch some classic motor racing video's by a tv network by law they have to blur out any old advertising on the cars that used to advertise cigarettes etc, it actually makes the car racing annoying to watch with a blurred out section on the cars all the time! Honestly if you see an old "Marlboro" or a "Winfield" logo on a 30 or 40 year old car racing video are you going to rush out and start buying their cigarettes? I seriously don't think so! I mean do cigarette packets now even look like they did 30 or 40 years ago? They are probably just a plain packet with no pictures and only health warnings on them.

But it seems that alcohol and gambling ads are completely fine in these modern times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seriously has anyone else noticed the amount of damn advertisements on free to air tv now that's for gambling and online betting?

It's beyond the joke we are bombarded with constant betting and gambling ads like "crossbet" "ladbrokes" "bluebet" and "tab" just to name a few and there is probably alot more!

I am surprised the government haven't clamped down on all these gambling ads? Are they slipping through the system now? I think I see more of these gambling ads on tv now than all of the other ads combined!

I'm telling ya these online gambling companies must be making a hell of alot of money with all this advertising. It's just sad how many people's lives are being destroyed be excessive gambling. It seems that any advertising of alcohol and gambling products are completely fine at the moment.

You know it's a joke if you sometimes watch some classic motor racing video's by a tv network by law they have to blur out any old advertising on the cars that used to advertise cigarettes etc, it actually makes the car racing annoying to watch with a blurred out section on the cars all the time! Honestly if you see an old "Marlboro" or a "Winfield" logo on a 30 or 40 year old car racing video are you going to rush out and start buying their cigarettes? I seriously don't think so! I mean do cigarette packets now even look like they did 30 or 40 years ago? They are probably just a plain packet with no pictures and only health warnings on them.

But it seems that alcohol and gambling ads are completely fine in these modern times. :rolleyes:

…you are so right about that Converse my friend… there were even Ads at one stage by the Government where they were saying things like “gambling ruins lives” and “gambling ruins families” and such stuff… perhaps the Government is getting a kickback from all the betting companies?… perhaps that’s why they’re ’letting it slide?’… the TV channels aren’t exactly going to knock the revenue back are they?… so they wouldn’t give a rats arse would they?… cheers.

…the promos for ‘Who Can Scream The Loudest” (The Voice)… are so friggin’ annoying… why is it that they always have to sceech / scream or yell out songs at the top of their lungs?… it’s not a yelling contest… it’s a SINGING contest… why can’t they just sing ‘normal’ songs?… you know… the type that don’t make your ears bleed…it sounds so shit!… cheers.

…I can’t watch it either February… I hate it when the contestants start ‘singing’ at the top of their lungs and then the judges start creaming their jeans then start to completely overreact with their over exaggerated facial expressions leading them into a contest of doing the best red button push then go for the best chair turnaround again totally overreacting and over acting like pork chops… it’s pathetic and cringy to watch… and finally they say something corny and trite like “now this is what we’re here for!” or “I’ve been waiting all of my life to hear this voice come along!… or something else equally as pathic… sad really… cheers.

…I’ve brought this up before about ‘who can scream the loudest’ (The Voice)… I’m not watching this shit but having to see the Ads for the show is painful enough… by the time the Ad comes on and by the time you grab the TV remote it’s over but you’ve had to endure that rubbish… I don’t watch it as I said but it looks to me that the show is no longer about the singers but more about the ego’s of the judges sitting in the chairs…

…as I said in the post above “I hate it when the contestants start ‘singing’ at the top of their lungs and then the judges start creaming their jeans then start to completely overreact with their over exaggerated facial expressions leading them into a contest of doing the best red button push then go for the best chair turnaround again totally overreacting and over acting like pork chops… it’s pathetic and cringy to watch”…

…seriously… they are always taking the moment away from the singers themselves after their latest scream… the judges ego’s need to be brought into line… they overact their chops off… they look ridiculous… the show is about the screamers… NOT THEM… I can see a day when one of the guys pulls his zipper down and ejaculates over the red button or one of the girls mounts the red button to outdo each other… it’s pathetic!… cheers.

Last edited:
The government ad that's pissing me off right now, is the one banging on about handing out free bowel tests to all Australians over 50.
Well, my other half 's birthday was in December and it still isn't here, and mine was in February ( hence my lack of imagination for a user name) also havsn't arrived! So that's a load of crap - oops, a Freudian slip there!

…I’ve brought this up before about ‘who can scream the loudest’ (The Voice)… I’m not watching this shit but having to see the Ads for the show is painful enough… by the time the Ad comes on and by the time you grab the TV remote it’s over but you’ve had to endure that rubbish… I don’t watch it as I said but it looks to me that the show is no longer about the singers but more about the ego’s of the judges sitting in the chairs…

…as I said in the post above “I hate it when the contestants start ‘singing’ at the top of their lungs and then the judges start creaming their jeans then start to completely overreact with their over exaggerated facial expressions leading them into a contest of doing the best red button push then go for the best chair turnaround again totally overreacting and over acting like pork chops… it’s pathetic and cringy to watch”…

…seriously… they are always taking the moment away from the singers themselves after their latest scream… the judges ego’s need to be brought into line… they overact their chops off… they look ridiculous… the show is about the screamers… NOT THEM… I can see a day when one of the guys pulls his zipper down and ejaculates over the red button or one of the girls mounts the red button to outdo each other… it’s pathetic!… cheers.

Also wasn't Delta Goodrem on "The Voice" when it was on channel 9? Well I think she missed the boat as she's now making appearances on that "Lego Masters" show on channel 9...LOL!

I'm sure channel 9 can somehow make Delta Goodrem appear on some other reality shows they might have like, Cooking? Lego Masters? Celebrity Apprentice? Married At First Sight? Love Island? LOL! Cheers!

First mainstream ad I've seen for the FA Cup, unless I've missed them in the past - I don't think so!
YEAH, C'MON CHELSEA!

…I’ll let you know why I decided to shit stir you about your team ‘Chelsea’ February… I was born about 500 feet from the Old Trafford Football Stadium (the home of Manchester United)… on the side of the road in a Taxi (my mum couldn’t hold on until we got to the Hospital in time) so obviously I’m a fully fledged Manchester United fan…

…when I was about 2 years old my parents decided to move to a slum area in the East End of London (where my mum used to live before she met my dad)… they were pen pals while he was a soldier fighting in France/Holland/Africa/Italy and Germany during WWII… anyhow… mum was missing her family so much in Manchester that dad thought that he’d do the right thing and move her back to London…

…anyhow… getting back to my story… we were in a big apartment complex (or as we used to call it… a ‘building block’ that was shaped like a massive Triangle) where there were over 100 kids easily in an area where everyone were either Chelsea / Arsenal or Spurs supporters mainly… I was the Only Manchester United supporter as you can imagine… anyway… from the age of 2 to just before we emigrated to Australia just before my 14th birthday I had all those kids trying to convert me over as a supporter to their respective teams… day in… day out… for over 10 to 12 years lol!… but me being such a stubbon little git even at that age… I never gave in lol!… and I’m STILL a MU supporter till this day lol!… hence my shit stir… (I’m sorry… I just couldn’t resist it lol!… please forgive me lol!… 😘🥰😍🤣)… cheers.

…I’ll let you know why I decided to shit stir you about your team ‘Chelsea’ February… I was born about 500 feet from the Old Trafford Football Stadium (the home of Manchester United)… on the side of the road in a Taxi (my mum couldn’t hold on until we got to the Hospital in time) so obviously I’m a fully fledged Manchester United fan…

…when I was about 2 years old my parents decided to move to a slum area in the East End of London (where my mum used to live before she met my dad)… they were pen pals while he was a soldier fighting in France/Holland/Africa/Italy and Germany during WWII… anyhow… mum was missing her family so much in Manchester that dad thought that he’d do the right thing and move her back to London…

…anyhow… getting back to my story… we were in a big apartment complex (or as we used to call it… a ‘building block’ that was shaped like a massive Triangle) where there were over 100 kids easily in an area where everyone were either Chelsea / Arsenal or Spurs supporters mainly… I was the Only Manchester United supporter as you can imagine… anyway… from the age of 2 to just before we emigrated to Australia just before my 14th birthday I had all those kids trying to convert me over as a supporter to their respective teams… day in… day out… for over 10 to 12 years lol!… but me being such a stubbon little git even at that age… I never gave in lol!… and I’m STILL a MU supporter till this day lol!… hence my shit stir… (I’m sorry… I just couldn’t resist it lol!… please forgive me lol!… 😘🥰😍🤣)… cheers.
Well that's a good explanation, I wondered why a Londoner supported Man U, and I thought it was really funny, you changing the name of the team.
I became a Chelsea supporter when they won the FA cup against Leeds when I was about 12, and being from Watford, you wouldn't support them, they were hopeless back then!

…in the promos for ‘Who Can Scream The Loudest” (The Voice)… we saw this in it…

898B9329-B499-4F33-A87F-4A01BA1C21CA.jpeg35FB5473-ED3B-4149-92E5-9A7A40439CD4.jpeg

…that’s right… Jessica crawled towards him like she was a slave to him… now if Kieth Urban did that to a female on the stage… imagine the furore that would be stirred up in a media frenzy?… I find it to be a pathetic attempt by her to steal the limelight not only from the other judges but also the limelight from the man himself… it’s truly pathetic… I don’t even watch that shit show but seeing it on the promos is enough… stop the theatrics and overacting… you can’t be THAT desperate for airtime surely Jessica?… if I had any respect for you before… I have even less now… sad… really sad… cheers.

…in the promos for ‘Who Can Scream The Loudest” (The Voice)… we saw this in it…

View attachment 57739View attachment 57740

…that’s right… Jessica crawled towards him like she was a slave to him… now if Kieth Urban did that to a female on the stage… imagine the furore that would be stirred up in a media frenzy?… I find it to be a pathetic attempt by her to steal the limelight not only from the other judges but also the limelight from the man himself… it’s truly pathetic… I don’t even watch that shit show but seeing it on the promos is enough… stop the theatrics and overacting… you can’t be THAT desperate for airtime surely Jessica?… if I had any respect for you before… I have even less now… sad… really sad… cheers.

Looking at that screenshot of the guy with that flaming stick I think he might be on the wrong show? LOL! Did he not get a spot on "Australia's Got Talent"?? I thought this show called "The Voice" was only about singing? I guess not...lol

Cheers!

Back