Skip to main content

…Tv ads / promos / TV shows and movies that make ridiculous claims and insult your intelligence… (or are great)…

I am starting to loathe many vaccination tv ads at the moment, especially the tv commercial from that car insurance company "AAMI". When I see that actor "Kutut" and "Rhonda" advertising to go and get vaccinated then when "Rhonda" says "Like a sunrise". I sometimes wonder should I put my foot through the television right now?! LOL!

Also they made a vaccination ad where they used the old "Meadow Lea" margarine theme of "You ought to be congratulated". On the vaccination tv ad they reworded it to say "You ought to be vaccinated". Argh! I actually thought it was a new tv ad for "Meadow Lea" margarine until I worked out it was for getting vaccinated. Again I really thought about putting my foot through the television again...LOL!

Here's the old original "Meadow Lea" margarine tv ad, and the new COVID-19 vaccination ad. Something sound similar? lol

Last edited:
…I crack up whenever I see an Ad for gym equipment (especially on the infomercials on Channel 7) where you see the ‘gymnast’ on a treadmill or bike going for about 3 minutes with a fake smile as if they are actually enjoying it lol!… NOBODY can naturally hold a smile that long in real life… not even posing for wedding photos… it looks so ridiculous…that would be harder to do than doing the actual workout… why put them through that?… cheers.

…I just love that Mars ad where the young kid is in that nude drawing Art class and then the model undresses and then he hears… “oh hello sweetie”… he looks up to see who the nude model is and then says very slowly… “ hello…………mum!“…

…one of the funniest ads ever…I used to do Art classes… if that was my mum I wouldn’t have EVER been able to draw her lol!… I wouldn’t have even known where to look away lol!… funny as!… cheers.

…I just love that Mars ad where the young kid is in that nude drawing Art class and then the model undresses and then he hears… “oh hello sweetie”… he looks up to see who the nude model is and then says very slowly… “ hello…………mum!“…

…one of the funniest ads ever…I used to do Art classes… if that was my mum I wouldn’t have EVER been able to draw her lol!… I wouldn’t have even known where to look away lol!… funny as!… cheers.

Yes, that's a classic! 😂

…the promos for ‘Who Can Scream The Loudest” (The Voice)… are so friggin’ annoying… why is it that they always have to sceech / scream or yell out songs at the top of their lungs?… it’s not a yelling contest… it’s a SINGING contest… why can’t they just sing ‘normal’ songs?… you know… the type that don’t make your ears bleed…it sounds so shit!… cheers.

…the promos for ‘Who Can Scream The Loudest” (The Voice)… are so friggin’ annoying… why is it that they always have to sceech / scream or yell out songs at the top of their lungs?… it’s not a yelling contest… it’s a SINGING contest… why can’t they just sing ‘normal’ songs?… you know… the type that don’t make your ears bleed…it sounds so shit!… cheers.
It's because 90 percent of them can't sing. I can't watch that program. It's crap, just mediocre crap. I need major crap 😂

It's because 90 percent of them can't sing. I can't watch that program. It's crap, just mediocre crap. I need major crap 😂
…I can’t watch it either February… I hate it when the contestants start ‘singing’ at the top of their lungs and then the judges start creaming their jeans then start to completely overreact with their over exaggerated facial expressions leading them into a contest of doing the best red button push then go for the best chair turnaround again totally overreacting and over acting like pork chops… it’s pathetic and cringy to watch… and finally they say something corny and trite like “now this is what we’re here for!” or “I’ve been waiting all of my life to hear this voice come along!… or something else equally as pathic… sad really… cheers.

Speaking of overreactions, on the Nine news the other day they had an included promo for the musical Hamilton coming to Melbourne. Where the cast of unknown actors were on the sidewalk outside the Princess Theatre. Where the crowd reaction of young teenage girls was doing its best Beatlemania impression.
Maybe I am out of touch, but it was a major what is this non-sense?
It was non particularly good renditions of some songs from the Musical on a footpath, intercut with extreme excitement and overreactions from 14-year-old girls as if this was the most exciting thing that had ever happened to them, that they had waited all their life for. It was cringe. You could even tell from the editing it was, "ok girls now act excited." Not even related to the singing.

…I squirm whenever I see one of those SHITFULL infomercials each morning on the Channel 7 Morning Show… I understand that Channel 7 have to make revenue from these shitfull infomercials but the ones where the person doing the infomercial is taking to ‘Kaz’ or ‘Jamie’ and are looking towards them but are looking straight past them over their shoulders and are directly looking into an obvious Autocue… they are the worse kind…

…Um… Lloyd from the ‘Clearscore’ infomercial on The Morning Show… don’t make it so bloody obvious that you are looking straight past ‘Kaz’ into an Autocue you dumb-arsed simpleton… watching your eyes darting from left to right so rapidly makes it so obvious that you don’t know your own product enough to be able to Ad lib your way through your presentation…

…not being able to talk about your product naturally from your heart instantly puts me off your stupid shit product because it doesn’t sound honest or genuine… you sound like a con man… why not go the whole hog and just ring people up and scam them?… at least learn about your stupid shit product so that you can con us genuinely you schmuck!…

…don’t blatantly read off an Autocue and insult our intelligence… that goes for all of the others too… we’re not fucking morons… don’t treat us like one… learn your fucking product!… cheers.

…I squirm whenever I see one of those SHITFULL infomercials each morning on the Channel 7 Morning Show… I understand that Channel 7 have to make revenue from these shitfull infomercials but the ones where the person doing the infomercial is taking to ‘Kaz’ or ‘Jamie’ and are looking towards them but are looking straight past them over their shoulders and are directly looking into an obvious Autocue… they are the worse kind…
I laugh/roll my eyes every time Jamie says "That's great" with all the enthusiasm of a funeral attendee, and Kaz goes "I LOVE that!" or "How GOOD!" before she even knows what the shitty product is.

…Um… Lloyd from the ‘Clearscore’ infomercial on The Morning Show… don’t make it so bloody obvious that you are looking straight past ‘Kaz’ into an Autocue you dumb-arsed simpleton… watching your eyes darting from left to right so rapidly makes it so obvious that you don’t know your own product enough to be able to Ad lib your way through your presentation…

…not being able to talk about your product naturally from your heart instantly puts me off your stupid shit product because it doesn’t sound honest or genuine… you sound like a con man… why not go the whole hog and just ring people up and scam them?… at least learn about your stupid shit product so that you can con us genuinely you schmuck!…

…don’t blatantly read off an Autocue and insult our intelligence… that goes for all of the others too… we’re not fucking morons… don’t treat us like one… learn your fucking product!… cheers.

Also when you factor in all those damn infomercials and the actual television commercials you barely actually see any of the live morning show and it's hosts at all. It's all bloody informercials and tv ads for the whole 2 or so hours.

…you can almost hear by the tone and excitement in the young reporters voices on Channel 7 that are reporting on the floods and devastation in the Nepean/Camden area in NSW today… instead of just reporting it in a solemn respectful factual way like it should be done they may as well go the whole hog and say something like…

…“oh thank God that the massive ‘rain bomb’ and the flash floods are back!… now we can over dramatise the situation and make it sound even worse than it really is!… now we can remind the victims every 7 minutes on just how bad and how sad it is that they’ve lost everything!… we can constantly remind them over and over and over again that they’ve lost all of their worldly possessions… all of their memories… EVERYTHING THAT THEY OWNED!… we can do it over and over again to make them feel even more miserable than they were before… (I might even get a Logie because of my fantastic News report)… oh!… I’m so happy!… thankyou unexpected ‘rain bomb’… thankyou flash floods!… does it get any better than this?… what’s that old pensioner?… you’ve lost everything ?… go tell somebody who really cares okay?… could you move please… you’re blocking my view of the floods!”…

…it really gets to me that they feign any real compassion or understanding of the victims situation… it’s just a news report to them… if they really cared about those peoples plights then why not roll up their sleeves… pitch in and help them clean up the mess?… and it really is so pathetic when you see a reporter put on a pair of Wellington Boots and then proceeds to wade into the flood water a few steps and then do their over dramatised pathetic reports… that is really the pits…

…then you have ‘Koshie’ and crew on ‘Sunrise’ crossing over to a light hearted report on puppies or kittens or whatever to ‘lighten the mood’ straight after (it didn’t happen today but it does on other occasions)… it’s sickening!… it really is… actually look like you give a shit about these poor victims… it’s long overdue!… end of rant!… cheers. 🤬😡🤬🤯.

…I cannot stand ads whereby they put obvious adult dialogue into the mouths of say 6 to 10 year old kids… two examples of this are that I can think of are…

…the Smith Family ad… whereby probably 6? year old kids are talking about being a Doctor / Teacher or a car mechanic when they get older… and because their parents are too poor to be able to afford putting them through any type of training for these jobs… it probably isn’t ever going to happen… right at the end of the ad one of them says… ”I just want somebody to believe in me!”

…the NAB ad… where a 6 or 7 year old kid is looking out of a second storey window down into the street and is watching people walking around and starts saying something like… “what is money for?… is it for starting a business and looking after employees blah blah blah”… (or something similar)…

…it’s ridiculous… kids at those ages are thinking of playing with toys and wondering about what the next Wiggles song will be about… not about their future and not having the available means at hand to get the ideal job when they leave school…

…they have no idea about small businesses and the importance of looking after your employees… how ridiculous it is to portray young kids that are so mature that they think like that?… let kids be kids… they’re not ‘small kids that are wise beyond their years’… they are not ‘small adults’ that know about or worry about those type of things… they don’t speak like that… stop putting adult vocabulary into their mouths… it sounds so stupid…

…6 to 10 year old kids do not talk like that… they don’t even think of things like that… just stop doing it… cheers.

Another classic is those ads for "Wallet Wizard" personal loans. The tv commercial featuring a couple of tenants moving out of their property when the bloke accidently rips all the plaster off the wall and exposes the brickwork in a rental property then the female girlfriend says "oh great we'll have to fix that or we won't get our bond back".

So no worries it's "Wallet Wizard" to the rescue, no need to worry about getting your bond back, you will be paying interest on that personal loan of probably $500 or more to get a tradie out to fix that hole in the wall. (That's if you even get a personal loan at all once they do a credit check)...lol

The gist of the story here is that couple is screwed either way. They will either pay for the damages by not getting their bond money back or they will pay for it by using "Wallet Wizard"...LOL!

If they really want to save their money and get their bond back then don't bother taking out any personal loans from these sharks. Just try and patch up the wall themselves and hope that no one notices when they leave the rental property...lol ;)

Another classic is those ads for "Wallet Wizard" personal loans. The tv commercial featuring a couple of tenants moving out of their property when the bloke accidently rips all the plaster off the wall and exposes the brickwork in a rental property then the female girlfriend says "oh great we'll have to fix that or we won't get our bond back".

So no worries it's "Wallet Wizard" to the rescue, no need to worry about getting your bond back, you will be paying interest on that personal loan of probably $500 or more to get a tradie out to fix that hole in the wall. (That's if you even get a personal loan at all once they do a credit check)...lol

The gist of the story here is that couple is screwed either way. They will either pay for the damages by not getting their bond money back or they will pay for it by using "Wallet Wizard"...LOL!

If they really want to save their money and get their bond back then don't bother taking out any personal loans from these sharks. Just try and patch up the wall themselves and hope that no one notices when they leave the rental property...lol ;)
63834B52-A2C5-4F85-8B0F-E70DBE95CA9F.jpeg
…hahaha!…”how much does does Spakfilla cost?… $11.45?… is that all?… naaaaaah!… lets go into debt for $1500-$1600 instead and get a professional in to do it instead because I’m too lazy to do it!”… cheers.

That ad where a couple of smug blue things live inside a woman's "gut" controlling her, and the female one with glasses says things like "Wake up you beautiful thing!" and "She's a Zen hen". Ugh! Just die, smug blue things.

…seriously?… Channel 7 on the 6PM News… seriously?… they were showing some of the death and destruction of children and civilians in a Ukrainian railway station by a gutless missile attack by Russian soldiers…showing blurred out shots of their dead bodies… then they cue back to ‘Ange’ the newsreader back at the studio whereby she starts to smile and then proceeds to present a light and fluffy bright and breezy story of Princess Anne opening the Royal Easter Show!… filled with people being interviewed with people laughing and joking about how good they feel!…

…have some respect for the dead you heartless bastards!… that’s disgusting!… you shouldn’t be going from a solemn story of death and destruction straight to a light and fluffy bright and breezy story to ‘lift the mood’… its just wrong… and so disrespectful… you should be ashamed of yourselves…you make me sick!… cheers.

Watching how channel 10 this year is also doing a nostalgic trip down memory lane with fans vs favs on Masterchef, somewhat similar to Big Brother this year with old housemates vs new housemates.

Anyway going back to the first series of Masterchef it reminded me of the over the top and absolute bullshit promo clip showing alleged contestants performing mid air somersaults and backflips in the kitchen while still holding their dish to serve up to the judges...lol. Just in case you don't remember this promo here it is again for your enjoyment...LOL!

I'm still waiting for a contestant on Masterchef to serve up a dish after doing some backflips and a mid air somersault on the show! LOL! Cheers! :D

…the latest promos for ‘The Living Room’ have the words… “thank GOSH it’s Friday”… it’s ridiculous… it’s always been “thank GOD it’s Friday”… is this political correctness gone too far?… it’s just so bloody stupid… stop being idiots Channel 10… cheers.

Back