Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

...well this is it!... parole day!...the first day of the rest of my new life!... watching my diet more closely... exercising more regularly as I should do... following every Doctors order to the letter... listening to everyone's suggestions and advice that is given... taking it a tad bit slower when busting my guts in trying to do work out in the garden when I can do it over 2 or 3 days instead... and always (and this is the most important one)... always take my beautiful adoring wife's suggestions as words of caring advice instead of as words of criticism... not that I didn't before... but this time I will digest her words in more detail into my sometimes feeble brain before I chuck a tanty because she's dared to be right!... lol!... I'm now saying to the nurses... "I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!... keep on posting you wonderful people!... cheers.

Hey Sticky!

So happy to hear you are recovering well.

Bit disappointed that it is your parole day and not once did you provide us with a font colour change or some random bolding or underlining.

Disappointed, Sticky

Disappointed

...hello kenn...it'so nice to hear from you again!... wow!... you had one ten years ago... so no doubt you had a similar gamut of feelings too throughout your initial stroke and following rehabilitation recovery period too then my friend?... you are so right...doing such simple things that you always took for granted such as cutting up your food for yourself... buttering your own toast... such simple tasks... such monumental achievements that you reach with such hard work... I do hope that you managed to achieve a full recovery from it as I intend to do... thanks for posting such kind words...
........................................................................................

No, sorry I wont achieve a full recovery with mine, I am as good as I will get. was paralized down my right side for 3 week then to rehab it took 10 weeks of hospital before they would let me come home. but man I'm happy I am still here.the only thing I have stopped is the occiasional drink, heck have trouble walking now, what would I do after a drink or two,I dont post that much now, because I have trouble spelling a lot of things, most times I try to think of little words that I know to say it, you can do anything you want, there are more than one way to skin a cat, if you cant do it one way keep thinking of all the other way, and you find one you can do.Determination will get us what we want, just dont let anyone tell you you cant do it, I still living alone, because I CAN DO ANYTHING , well almost. cheers.

I wasn’t too sure as to where to post this information so I decided to open it in my own thread so please pardon the grandstanding… (Tim please feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you see fit to do so… I’ll understand)…

UPDATE:... I typed this 2 days ago and have only just achieved an internet connection... instead of re-typing sections of the post I'll just add to it now...

...I've been told that I did have an actual stroke and not a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (I didn't know that there was any difference)... I have made quite considerable progress with my rehabilitation I am told... I've managed to move my left hand a lot more than I had before and am able to keep my balance better and am walking a lot more steadier so that is some good news at least...

...on Monday or Tuesday they are transferring me to a rehabilitation hospital up at Katoomba or Springwood in the Blue Mountains which is about a hour and a half away from Windsor where I live... at this point of time I am going to be there for 2 weeks initially... apparently it's like going to 'boot camp'... (I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!)... so yeah...plenty of hard work ahead of me... I'm up for it though... nothing will stop me!... anyhow... that's all folks!... lol!... cheers.

I only just heard about this Mr S, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems. My prayers and good wishes go with you, for a speedy and complete recovery. I'm glad you did a good job with Mrs S, when she was incapacitated, I hope you got her fit enough to reciprocate for you now. I know that you get great enjoyment from the photo-shopping, but your generosity of spirit, means that you have a lot of us out here in lala land, rooting for you. Not metaphorically of course, that would be overkill :). Dont worry about anyone here, look after Mr and Mrs S first. From personal experience of physical and mental rehab, do what the medics want you to do, then do extra. In my opinion, you cant do too much rehab. If you are in pain, get them to give you your pain meds, about 30 minutes before the physio starts, then do the physio and as much extra as you can manage. You can get pain meds every 4 hours, if possible, try and do something each time. Dont kill yourself in the process though, but get well soon.

@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
HELLO!...HELLO!...HELLO!...HELLO!...HELLO!...HELLO!..

tumblr_m8kd773Ivg1rdr9rpo1_500.gif
...I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

...hey all... it's so good to be back!... after having to sort out my desktop computer with driver updates... virus updates and other such computer crap I'm back on deck peoples!... it is so good to be back home... there's nothing better than your own bed... your own shower... etc...

...Trala... did you like what I did above?... that was especially done for you lol!... wow!... I've got a lot of catch-up reading to do haven't I?... there is so much that has be written since a month ago!...

...my last 3 mornings have been spent having breakfast with my beautiful wife on our big wooden back veranda while watching the myriad of different native birds feeding in the backyard... it is absolutely glorious!... while sitting there I do some exercises that I learned in rehab... simple exercises that are to do with refining my movements more so than building up strength although I do those exercises later in the day once I've moved around or a few hours...

...I cooked a lamb rack roast for our dinner... it is so good to be back in our kitchen and cooking the dinners again ... I can't wait to get back out in the yard again to do some trimming and weeding again... once I do that I'll feel that I really am back home lol!... the best thing though is being able to snuggle up to my beloved wife and have a smooch and cuddles... that is pure heaven on a stick!... as I said in a previous post... I am a blessed man!...

...anyhow you wonderful people... it's great to be back and I can't wait to find something within these wonderful threads to enable me to do my first rant to get me back into full stride again lol!...

...one more thing... I really do thank you all for coming to this thread in the past month to show so much concern for my well-being... you were all so kind and really were an inspiration for me to recover so well... you probably will never fully understand how just good you all were in doing that for me but believe me... it was truly wonderful... you really are great people... thankyou!... cheers.:wink::)

View attachment 48546

...hey all... it's so good to be back!... after having to sort out my desktop computer with driver updates... virus updates and other such computer crap I'm back on deck peoples!... it is so good to be back home... there's nothing better than your own bed... your own shower... etc...

...Trala... did you like what I did above?... that was especially done for you lol!... wow!... I've got a lot of catch-up reading to do haven't I?... there is so much that has be written since a month ago!...

...my last 3 mornings have been spent having breakfast with my beautiful wife on our big wooden back veranda while watching the myriad of different native birds feeding in the backyard... it is absolutely glorious!... while sitting there I do some exercises that I learned in rehab... simple exercises that are to do with refining my movements more so than building up strength although I do those exercises later in the day once I've moved around or a few hours...

...I cooked a lamb rack roast for our dinner... it is so good to be back in our kitchen and cooking the dinners again ... I can't wait to get back out in the yard again to do some trimming and weeding again... once I do that I'll feel that I really am back home lol!... the best thing though is being able to snuggle up to my beloved wife and have a smooch and cuddles... that is pure heaven on a stick!... as I said in a previous post... I am a blessed man!...

...anyhow you wonderful people... it's great to be back and I can't wait to find something within these wonderful threads to enable me to do my first rant to get me back into full stride again lol!...

...one more thing... I really do thank you all for coming to this thread in the past month to show so much concern for my well-being... you were all so kind and really were an inspiration for me to recover so well... you probably will never fully understand how just good you all were in doing that for me but believe me... it was truly wonderful... you really are great people... thankyou!... cheers.:wink::)

OMFG STICKY!!! THATS GREAT!!! It so good to see you recovered!

Maybe you can teach us how to make a lamb roast, mine aren't very good.

We could make a show!

COOKING WITH STICKY

Anyway, its great to see you back!

Cheers!
:D

Hey Sticky!

So happy to hear you are recovering well.

Bit disappointed that it is your parole day and not once did you provide us with a font colour change or some random bolding or underlining.

Disappointed, Sticky

Disappointed

...hahaha!... consider that amended Trala... look at my post above you wonderful crazy lady lol!...

No, sorry I wont achieve a full recovery with mine, I am as good as I will get. was paralized down my right side for 3 week then to rehab it took 10 weeks of hospital before they would let me come home. but man I'm happy I am still here.the only thing I have stopped is the occiasional drink, heck have trouble walking now, what would I do after a drink or two,I dont post that much now, because I have trouble spelling a lot of things, most times I try to think of little words that I know to say it, you can do anything you want, there are more than one way to skin a cat, if you cant do it one way keep thinking of all the other way, and you find one you can do.Determination will get us what we want, just dont let anyone tell you you cant do it, I still living alone, because I CAN DO ANYTHING , well almost. cheers.

...Kenn... I am so happy that you have recovered up to that point even though it is not 100%... it's better than some others that I encountered up in Katoomba Rehab... I lost the movement all down my left side altogether... a man next to me had a stroke too and lost all of his memories... he couldn't remember his own children's names... he couldn't even tell what a cup was used for... what a pen was used for... so there you go... he was worse off than me... even though I had a stroke... I didn't lose any memories... I'm thankful that I have recovered what I have so far... actually we both are lucky in that sense aren't we?... I'd hate to lose those memories... thankyou so much Kenn for letting all of us know that of yourself... I know how much courage that takes to do so...

You're a brave and resilient woman, @kenn. I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay and your advice to @Mr Stickyfingers is excellent. xx

...amen to that Jam... well said...

I only just heard about this Mr S, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems. My prayers and good wishes go with you, for a speedy and complete recovery. I'm glad you did a good job with Mrs S, when she was incapacitated, I hope you got her fit enough to reciprocate for you now. I know that you get great enjoyment from the photo-shopping, but your generosity of spirit, means that you have a lot of us out here in lala land, rooting for you. Not metaphorically of course, that would be overkill :). Dont worry about anyone here, look after Mr and Mrs S first. From personal experience of physical and mental rehab, do what the medics want you to do, then do extra. In my opinion, you cant do too much rehab. If you are in pain, get them to give you your pain meds, about 30 minutes before the physio starts, then do the physio and as much extra as you can manage. You can get pain meds every 4 hours, if possible, try and do something each time. Dont kill yourself in the process though, but get well soon.

...thankyou tedfthis... your words are much appreciated... Mrs Stickyfingers was my rock... as I did for her she repayed tenfold... my dear wife was taking care of the bills/doing my washing/doing all of the shopping/letting people know of my plight/generally just being a living day Saint... I truly do worship the beautiful woman... and yes... I am doing exactly what the Physios/Dietician and Doctors told me to continue doing... (my wife will make sure that I do... believe me lol!)... thanks my friend... cheers.

OMFG STICKY!!! THATS GREAT!!! It so good to see you recovered!

Maybe you can teach us how to make a lamb roast, mine aren't very good.

We could make a show!

COOKING WITH STICKY

Anyway, its great to see you back!

Cheers!
:D

...hahaha!... funny funny funny!... you always crack me up BigBritherCritic... 'Cooking with Sticky >>> **insert rude word here**'<<< ... lol!... (the possibilities are endless)... lol!... cheers.

View attachment 48546

Yay you are back :D Great to read things are coming along nicely with your recovery. Slowly but surely eh.;)

Sending you more hugs ((( ))):joyful:

yay Mr sticky...so,so,so glad you are back home and well on the road to recovery and thanks for letting us know in this thread
so we did not have to wonder and worry about what might have happened to you.Give Mrs Sticky a big hug I am sure that she is the
most relieved of all

View attachment 48546

Thats great news Mr S. I wont get any better news today. I'm glad your recovery is going well, the word miraculous comes to mind, as being apt. Its good to hear that you are back home and if you are trusted with the cooking, you must be doing extremely well :). You made my day, thanks for the update. Keep on keeping on, they can't keep a good man down and you're a good man.

Good to hear things are going so well for you Sticky.

...they are my friend... I'm slowly getting back into my usual things like cooking/gardening/Photoshopping/Artwork etc again... it's so good to be back doing things for myself instead of either sitting in a Hospital or being in the Rehab Gym all the time... it's good to be me again....

Yay you are back :D Great to read things are coming along nicely with your recovery. Slowly but surely eh.;)

Sending you more hugs ((( ))):joyful:

...yes my groovy Groover... slowly but surely indeed... baby steps at the moment... I'm always so tired all the time no matter how much sleep that I get... apparently that comes for quite a while after a stroke from what the Doctors told me... so yep!... slowly but surely my dear friend...

So proud you you Uncle Sticky!

...thankyou my dear bleachy ... there's a surprise in your inbox for you from me to you... I hope that you like it....

yay Mr sticky...so,so,so glad you are back home and well on the road to recovery and thanks for letting us know in this thread so we did not have to wonder and worry about what might have happened to you.Give Mrs Sticky a big hug I am sure that she is the most relieved of all

...thankyou so much my dear Lindsay... I thought that it was best to let you all know for the reasons explained in my prior posts... it was the best thing that I did as far as I am concerned... it helped me immensely... you are all such wonderful people on here... you really are...

Thats great news Mr S. I wont get any better news today. I'm glad your recovery is going well, the word miraculous comes to mind, as being apt. Its good to hear that you are back home and if you are trusted with the cooking, you must be doing extremely well :). You made my day, thanks for the update. Keep on keeping on, they can't keep a good man down and you're a good man.

...wow!... thanks so much for you kind words tedfthis... that really is nice of you... now you've made my day!... ying and yang at worrk right there eh?... lol!... cheers

If I was back in primary school myself and I had to write a report on one of my heroes, I would want to write a report about you @Mr Stickyfingers !

...oh wow bleachy... I don't know how to respond to that... I was proud of myself for working so hard on my recovery but you have now put it on another higher level for me than it was... I am both humbled and thankful for your extremely kind words... cheers.

...oh wow bleachy... I don't know how to respond to that... I was proud of myself for working so hard on my recovery but you have now put it on another higher level for me than it was... I am both humbled and thankful for your extremely kind words... cheers.
You really are inspirational.

Thanks for being so willing to share your journey here with us! :)

I have so much respect for you!

...good morning my dear friends... a quick update... yesterday afternoon the sweet wife and myself went to our family Doctor to let her know what was happening with me and to hand her an envelope from the Hospital... she was really shocked that I had had a stroke... as she said... the last 18 months have been the best results for my blood pressure/Cholesterol/heart rate and others that I've had for my entire life... because I had cut out alcohol... (except as a social drinker on occasions or a late rum toddy at night on some occasions)... I had involved myself in a regular exercise regime... I had eaten the proper foods that the Dieticians had told me to eat... I had done all the right things by myself yet I had the stroke regardless...

...again as she said... it wasn't from anything that I have done to bring it upon myself is it?... to be honest... she confirmed to me what I had initially thought when I decided to fight my way back to good health again.... (as I mentioned in a prior post somewhere)... when it happened I felt sorry for myself and had feelings of guilt/embarrassment etc at the time... but now... I'm a tad bit relieved of her confirmation that it wasn't directly due to my not listening to Doctors advice etc...

...my Doctor then asked me what the Doctor's diagnosis was that caused the stroke... I informed her that they couldn't tell me exactly what the cause was... they have asked me to book in for a 'CTA posterior circulation of the neck muscles' at the Nepean Hospital in Penrith... so she is suspecting... (as were the other Doctors)... that they think that it may be from a blockage in the veins of the neck that caused it I guess... somebody told me that I may possibly have to have a 'stint' or two inserted into my neck as a precautionary measure... we'll have to wait and see I suppose...

...I rang yesterday afternoon to make the booking but just got an automated message to leave a message with my name and phone number and nature of treatment required and they will ring me back... they didn't... I'm going to ring them back again this morning...

...anyhow... as I say... as with everyone else... my Doctor is just as perplexed as to the cause of my stroke in the end... I will keep you all posted as to the next steps of my endeavours in future posts my friends... (if you don't get too bored with reading about it lol!)... as long as you all are interested... I'll keep informing you... if you stop wanting to know I'll stop posting about it and let this post die a natural death if you wish... cheers.

Back