Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
I wasn’t too sure as to where to post this information so I decided to open it in my own thread so please pardon the grandstanding… (Tim please feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you see fit to do so… I’ll understand)…

…to all of my wonderful fantastic friends that I have made on this brilliant website… (thanks to Tim)… I have to let you all know that I am taking a backseat in my posting on this website for a while… there will not be any more dumb-ass drawn out ‘Sticky rants’… no more marathon reads… no more of my gabbling on about shit etc probably for a few months… I will be though… a ‘lurker’… I will be doing some short posts when I am capable of doing it… they will be slow in response I’m afraid… I won’t be able to reply to all posts so please don’t think of me as being rude to you…

…it has taken me an just under an hour to type this post up until this point so far as an indication of what my response time will be in responding to your posts…I am typing with one hand unfortunately… the reason being…

…on Thursday 19th of this month I suffered from a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’ (please excuse me if I spelled it wrong)… from what I’ve gathered it’s a mini stroke… there was a sharp pain at the base of my brain on the right hand side that rendered all of my left side without any control… I do have some slurred speech… my left hand is almost non-operable… (hence having to type with my right hand only)…

…I’ve had an MRI done of my brain… (yes I apparently do have one lol)… I’ve had an Ultrasound on my neck… (methinks that they believe the blockage was in a vein or whatever within my neck area)… and had a woman with a laptop do a scan of my heart in all various positions too…

…on Thursday 26th I did a cognitive test… (not sure what the test was called?... perhaps the ‘Heiferfluganflunkan test’ or whatever?)… to see if my brain is working or not… I scored 97 out of 100!... I would have got more but one of the questions were… ‘who is the Premiere of NSW?... I answered “you mean… who is it this week don’t you?”... seriously… I don’t follow politics... I don’t even watch the news on TV!... I don’t know and don’t friggin’ care who it is for crying out loud lol!...

…I’ve had a hard appraisal by the Doctor in charge of rehabilitation… I had to do some hard exercises and was told that within the next week that I was going into another hospital to do my rehabilitation… her assessment result?...

…my chances are with hard work and grim determination on my part that I am likely to make a full recovery within a few months!... apparently I have strong upper body strength... they believe that for my age… (61)… I am pretty fit!... I was quite shocked to hear that to be honest lol!...

…I’ve had the ‘Physio’ people making me trying to walk again… I was in the gymnasium for 2 and a half hours today…it was unbelievably hard but I won’t let it beat me… NOTHING will stop me from achieving my goal of full recovery… I am the most stubborn bastard on this planet that I know so it’ll be a walk in the park lol!...

…I am unable to do any ‘Photoshopping’ or artwork at the moment and it is killing me!... (from being in Hospital)… but it’s an incentive for me to recover from this setback so that I am ready for the next round of ‘Big Brother’… lol!

…I have been totally overwhelmed and humbled by the amount of support that I have received from my family and friends… it makes you take stock of just how much people actually love you and just how much of a hollow that you would leave if you no longer were in their lives… quite humbling indeed!...

…anyhow… that’s all of it in a nutshell my dear peoples… as I said earlier… I’m sorry if this thread may seem like a bit of ‘look-at-me!... look-at-me!’ grandstanding on my part but that was not my intent… I couldn’t think of just where else to post this…

…just in finishing…keep on posting you marvellous wonderful people… give this new recruited ‘lurker’ some great things to read… (especially Meglos / Nutmeg and others in the… ‘Doctor Who thread’… with those reviews!)...

…just as a sidenote… this post has taken me 4 hours to type it… hence the warning about slow responses to your posts lol!...

…well… see you all later…happy posting peoples!... I love you all… cheers.

UPDATE:... I typed this 2 days ago and have only just achieved an internet connection... instead of re-typing sections of the post I'll just add to it now...

...I've been told that I did have an actual stroke and not a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (I didn't know that there was any difference)... I have made quite considerable progress with my rehabilitation I am told... I've managed to move my left hand a lot more than I had before and am able to keep my balance better and am walking a lot more steadier so that is some good news at least...

...on Monday or Tuesday they are transferring me to a rehabilitation hospital up at Katoomba or Springwood in the Blue Mountains which is about a hour and a half away from Windsor where I live... at this point of time I am going to be there for 2 weeks initially... apparently it's like going to 'boot camp'... (I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!)... so yeah...plenty of hard work ahead of me... I'm up for it though... nothing will stop me!... anyhow... that's all folks!... lol!... cheers.

Hey Mr, there was a chat yesterday about who was missing lately and your name popped into my head when I awoke today. I was going to post you as a missing person! I have missed you and your posts.

So sorry to hear, but iI am sure you will overcome this and be back in full force very soon.

Take Care xxx

So sorry to hear you have had a stroke and I am somewhat surprised they found a brain...

I have seen amazing recoveries after a stroke. You need a strong sense of spirit, and let's face it - you have that in spades.

It sounds like you have all the things you need in order to make a full recovery. You have a loving family, expert care, and a gaggle of know it all Internet nurses who are more than willing to load you up with unwanted advice.

Sending you love, strength and a titty shot ---> (.)(.)

With love, your cyber friend

Tracey Xo

Awww, Mr. S. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so ill. :( I love reading your posts and viewing your photo shop masterpieces and will miss them until you're well enough to resume your activities. Just by your attitude and demeanour, I have every confidence that you'll be fully recuperated and making us giggle with your hilarious quips and photos.

Take care, dear man. HUGS

I wasn’t too sure as to where to post this information so I decided to open it in my own thread so please pardon the grandstanding… (Tim please feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you see fit to do so… I’ll understand)…

…to all of my wonderful fantastic friends that I have made on this brilliant website… (thanks to Tim)… I have to let you all know that I am taking a backseat in my posting on this website for a while… there will not be any more dumb-ass drawn out ‘Sticky rants’… no more marathon reads… no more of my gabbling on about shit etc probably for a few months… I will be though… a ‘lurker’… I will be doing some short posts when I am capable of doing it… they will be slow in response I’m afraid… I won’t be able to reply to all posts so please don’t think of me as being rude to you…

…it has taken me an just under an hour to type this post up until this point so far as an indication of what my response time will be in responding to your posts…I am typing with one hand unfortunately… the reason being…

…on Thursday 19th of this month I suffered from a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’ (please excuse me if I spelled it wrong)… from what I’ve gathered it’s a mini stroke… there was a sharp pain at the base of my brain on the right hand side that rendered all of my left side without any control… I do have some slurred speech… my left hand is almost non-operable… (hence having to type with my right hand only)…

…I’ve had an MRI done of my brain… (yes I apparently do have one lol)… I’ve had an Ultrasound on my neck… (methinks that they believe the blockage was in a vein or whatever within my neck area)… and had a woman with a laptop do a scan of my heart in all various positions too…

…on Thursday 26th I did a cognitive test… (not sure what the test was called?... perhaps the ‘Heiferfluganflunkan test’ or whatever?)… to see if my brain is working or not… I scored 97 out of 100!... I would have got more but one of the questions were… ‘who is the Premiere of NSW?... I answered “you mean… who is it this week don’t you?”... seriously… I don’t follow politics... I don’t even watch the news on TV!... I don’t know and don’t friggin’ care who it is for crying out loud lol!...

…I’ve had a hard appraisal by the Doctor in charge of rehabilitation… I had to do some hard exercises and was told that within the next week that I was going into another hospital to do my rehabilitation… her assessment result?...

…my chances are with hard work and grim determination on my part that I am likely to make a full recovery within a few months!... apparently I have strong upper body strength... they believe that for my age… (61)… I am pretty fit!... I was quite shocked to hear that to be honest lol!...

…I’ve had the ‘Physio’ people making me trying to walk again… I was in the gymnasium for 2 and a half hours today…it was unbelievably hard but I won’t let it beat me… NOTHING will stop me from achieving my goal of full recovery… I am the most stubborn bastard on this planet that I know so it’ll be a walk in the park lol!...

…I am unable to do any ‘Photoshopping’ or artwork at the moment and it is killing me!... (from being in Hospital)… but it’s an incentive for me to recover from this setback so that I am ready for the next round of ‘Big Brother’… lol!

…I have been totally overwhelmed and humbled by the amount of support that I have received from my family and friends… it makes you take stock of just how much people actually love you and just how much of a hollow that you would leave if you no longer were in their lives… quite humbling indeed!...

…anyhow… that’s all of it in a nutshell my dear peoples… as I said earlier… I’m sorry if this thread may seem like a bit of ‘look-at-me!... look-at-me!’ grandstanding on my part but that was not my intent… I couldn’t think of just where else to post this…

…just in finishing…keep on posting you marvellous wonderful people… give this new recruited ‘lurker’ some great things to read… (especially Meglos / Nutmeg and others in the… ‘Doctor Who thread’… with those reviews!)...

…just as a sidenote… this post has taken me 4 hours to type it… hence the warning about slow responses to your posts lol!...

…well… see you all later…happy posting peoples!... I love you all… cheers.

UPDATE:... I typed this 2 days ago and have only just achieved an internet connection... instead of re-typing sections of the post I'll just add to it now...

...I've been told that I did have an actual stroke and not a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (I didn't know that there was any difference)... I have made quite considerable progress with my rehabilitation I am told... I've managed to move my left hand a lot more than I had before and am able to keep my balance better and am walking a lot more steadier so that is some good news at least...

...on Monday or Tuesday they are transferring me to a rehabilitation hospital up at Katoomba or Springwood in the Blue Mountains which is about a hour and a half away from Windsor where I live... at this point of time I am going to be there for 2 weeks initially... apparently it's like going to 'boot camp'... (I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!)... so yeah...plenty of hard work ahead of me... I'm up for it though... nothing will stop me!... anyhow... that's all folks!... lol!... cheers.

Thank you for sharing that with us, glad to hear you are on the mend. I work as a therapist with people with strokes all the time and I can tell you will be a star patient already - the therapists will love you. Congrats on your progress, and best of luck with your recovery! xo

I am very sorry to hear that you are going through this Mr. Stickyfingers.

It sounds like you are very determined and that you will make a full recovery which I am very happy and glad about. This place wouldn't be the same without you and your "rants" and photoshop masterpieces. Hehe :). Also I must let you know that I really enjoy your posts. You can feel the passion in them.

Keep on going strong. It will be hard at times but you can do it. You are a tough one. Keep being motivated. :)

Sending all my love to you and positive vibes and here's to a speedy recovery! :thumbsup:
Lucas :)

Wow scary stuff Mr S, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I've seen people make amazing recoveries from strokes, and I'm sure with your determination and support network and cracker of a personality you will be among them. All the best for a good recovery and please take care of your self xx

By the way Sticky, I am the person who does the cognitive tests where I work - the PM/Premier question is more often than not is answered with "that bitch" or "that idiot" or groaning, and 9 times out of 10 I have to google the answer myself afterwards ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that Sticky, I hope things progress well with your recovery. You sound like you're motivated to give it your best effort at least, so hopefully that's a good sign for your prognosis. Please give our thoughts to your wife and family, too, this must be hard for them.

Oh dear Sticky! How scary that must have been for you! I'm so sorry to hear that's happened. It sounds like you have an excellent outlook though and are very motivated so I'm sure you will kill your rehab!

We will all miss your contributions and I wish you the best of luck for your recovery xoxo

Back