Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

...hey everyone... I'm sorry to drag this thread up to the first page again but I just wanted to post a final comment to cap this thread off with... (speaking of caps... I still can't figure out as to why I posted this thread in capital letters in the first place?... the medication I was on?... only being able to type with one hand perhaps?... a 'look at me! look at me!' moment?... haha!... who knows eh?)... lol!... anyhow... the reason for this post...

...I did my last ever Physio appointment today!... they have told me that I've reached my full potential as far as having to go to the gym anymore... they attribute it to my adherence of doing my home exercises continuously and regularly as having a lot to do with it... (gee I'm glad that I'm so pig-headed stubborn sometimes... never give in... never say die!)... as my sweet darling wife always says to me.... "for once Peter your stubborness has helped you in your life and has not been your undoing!"... lol!... (god bless her heart!)...

...I have been to my Neurologist and she has said the same... there's not much else that I can do except watch my diet and exercise... I don't need to see her for 6 months now... they still cannot give me a definitive reason for my stroke and still tell me I will be in that 30% of people that will never find out what caused it though... (I'm a tad bit annoyed with that)...

...my Cardiologist put me through some rigorous 'stress testing' on the treadmill just recently too and is really pleased with my results saying that because I have never smoked (never even taken a puff in my life) that I'm in great health... and that has had quite a lot to do with it...

...my GP Doctor is more than happy with my blood test results just recently and said that everything is looking really good... so basically I'm sort of in the peak of my health with all of my Doctors!... WOOHOO ME!!!!!... lol!... but... I was in the peak of health just before my 2nd stroke in February so I'll have to keep that in mind... a good diet and exercise is the key so I'll definitely be doing that properly this time around believe me lol!... I'm very proud of myself from going from totally paralysed down my left side to what I have achieved today in the last 10 months of this whole ordeal.. I have learned so much about myself that I didn't know that I had in me to be totally honest... as I said before... never give in... never say die!...

...thanks to everybody that contributed to this thread with their words of encouragement and many words of advice and thankyou for always being able to cheer me up when I had quite a lot of down moments... your kind words really did help me through this... it's amazing to think that so many people that I really don't know that much (apart from what I have learned from posting with you all) were able to lift me up with their participation on this thread... there are too many of you to thank so I'll just give a collective...

View attachment 50779 View attachment 50781 View attachment 50778 View attachment 50777

View attachment 50770 View attachment 50771 View attachment 50769

View attachment 50772 View attachment 50773 View attachment 50774

...I hope that all of those Gifs cover everyone that made this thread what it was and I hope that if nothing else that it helped some people understand what a person that has a stroke goes through when it happens to them... I know that I received quite a few PM's from people that had family friends or friends that had had a stroke so it was quite the eye opener for me at least... again... thankyou everyone... cheers.

Oh that's wonderful to hear! You've come such a long way. I'm so happy for you :)

Thats so awesome Mr st
...hey everyone... I'm sorry to drag this thread up to the first page again but I just wanted to post a final comment to cap this thread off with... (speaking of caps... I still can't figure out as to why I posted this thread in capital letters in the first place?... the medication I was on?... only being able to type with one hand perhaps?... a 'look at me! look at me!' moment?... haha!... who knows eh?)... lol!... anyhow... the reason for this post...

...I did my last ever Physio appointment today!... they have told me that I've reached my full potential as far as having to go to the gym anymore... they attribute it to my adherence of doing my home exercises continuously and regularly as having a lot to do with it... (gee I'm glad that I'm so pig-headed stubborn sometimes... never give in... never say die!)... as my sweet darling wife always says to me.... "for once Peter your stubborness has helped you in your life and has not been your undoing!"... lol!... (god bless her heart!)...

...I have been to my Neurologist and she has said the same... there's not much else that I can do except watch my diet and exercise... I don't need to see her for 6 months now... they still cannot give me a definitive reason for my stroke and still tell me I will be in that 30% of people that will never find out what caused it though... (I'm a tad bit annoyed with that)...

...my Cardiologist put me through some rigorous 'stress testing' on the treadmill just recently too and is really pleased with my results saying that because I have never smoked (never even taken a puff in my life) that I'm in great health... and that has had quite a lot to do with it...

...my GP Doctor is more than happy with my blood test results just recently and said that everything is looking really good... so basically I'm sort of in the peak of my health with all of my Doctors!... WOOHOO ME!!!!!... lol!... but... I was in the peak of health just before my 2nd stroke in February so I'll have to keep that in mind... a good diet and exercise is the key so I'll definitely be doing that properly this time around believe me lol!... I'm very proud of myself from going from totally paralysed down my left side to what I have achieved today in the last 10 months of this whole ordeal.. I have learned so much about myself that I didn't know that I had in me to be totally honest... as I said before... never give in... never say die!...

...thanks to everybody that contributed to this thread with their words of encouragement and many words of advice and thankyou for always being able to cheer me up when I had quite a lot of down moments... your kind words really did help me through this... it's amazing to think that so many people that I really don't know that much (apart from what I have learned from posting with you all) were able to lift me up with their participation on this thread... there are too many of you to thank so I'll just give a collective...

View attachment 50779 View attachment 50781 View attachment 50778 View attachment 50777

...I hope that all of those Gifs cover everyone that made this thread what it was and I hope that if nothing else that it helped some people understand what a person that has a stroke goes through when it happens to them... I know that I received quite a few PM's from people that had family friends or friends that had had a stroke so it was quite the eye opener for me at least... again... thankyou everyone... cheers.
That is so awesome Mr sticky I am so glad you are back to your usual Mr sticky self and keeping an eye on things so it never happens again.

@Mr Stickyfingers that is such awesome news. I am so happy for you. You are such a lovely guy and it's always a pleasure to read your posts & 'rants'

You & your family must be really relieved. All your hard work has paid off. YAY xXx

Oh that's wonderful to hear! You've come such a long way. I'm so happy for you :)

Thats so awesome Mr st

That is so awesome Mr sticky I am so glad you are back to your usual Mr sticky self and keeping an eye on things so it never happens again.

...thanks shaydee/Gemini and Lindsay1973... you're too kind... and thanks to all of you that 'liked' our comments... there are so many wonderful people on the website... it's a pleasure to come to this site... it really is... cheers.

Well done MrS and congratulations! that stubborn streak of yours has served you well in getting you through this past 10 months with such good outcomes :)

@Mr Stickyfingers, I am so very happy for you with the latest news.:D

Through it all, you have managed to make us laugh with your posts and kept a positive outlook and looked forward and never backwards.

I am glad you are stubborn because it has paid off.

You rock :thumbsup:

Congratulations @Mr Stickyfingers Glad to hear you are going so well. Prayers for the good health to continue. Blessings

Well done MrS and congratulations! that stubborn streak of yours has served you well in getting you through this past 10 months with such good outcomes :)

So glad to hear a fantastic update @Mr Stickyfingers - your dedication has paid off and I hope your health continues to thrive xx

...thankyou so much Groover/qtkt/crimmy and jessy_girl you are all so kind... as I said in my earlier post... it amazes me just how caring people are that I have never actually met... you are all such fantabulous people... and all of your words really did help me achieve this...

AW-YOU-GUYS.gif ...thankyou once again my friends... cheers.

Back