Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

Not sure if the patient would be up for dancing like the ravers in the clip with the Benny Hill music. Good to know though Mr S that you are improving at a ripper rate.

...hello you wonderful people... your kind thoughts and well wishing on my behalf really is overwhelming and quite humbling for me... I thank you so much!... the latest update?...
...I got onto a Gymnasium bike for the first time in my life today... >>>> insert shock/ horror moment<<<<... wow!... how do you healthy people exercise each day on purpose?... lol!... all my life I have never done such things as the exercise that I have done in these two Hospitals since my stroke... as I say... you healthy people choose to do this exercise thingy on purpose???????... anyhow... to compare as to how far that I have progressed since last Friday until today here are the differences:

(1) today I did 100 stand-ups from a sitting position as opposed to 20 last Friday...
(2) I did two sets of 50 leg stretches whereas I could only do 10 last Friday...
(3)in a sitting position I had to lift my right leg (the good one) an inch from the ground and had to hold it there for 3 seconds then put it down and repeat the same thing with my bum leg... that was the hardest exercise out of all of them believe me!... I managed 3 last Friday... I did 50 today!...
(4) I also did extensive hand training exercises involving picking up matchsticks/ beads/ pegs nuts and bolts and placing them into a container... also some reaching and hand stretching exercises... I get impatient with those exercises because I feel it's wasting valuable walking type exercises but I do understand the reasons to do them though so I guess I should stop being a Princess and suck it up eh?... lol!...
(5)I did 100 'stepping' up and down exercises as opposed 10 last Friday...
(6)I chatted up 2 female Doctors.... 4 female nurses and 2 female Physio girls as opposed to none last week...(I did say that my 'mojo' was back didn't I?)... lol!...

...I'm able to spread my toes on the left foot as wide as they can go now... they are moving independently to the big toe... I'm now able to tie my shoe laces as easy as I used to be able to do before my stroke... I even managed to pick a Boogie out of my left nostril with a tissue on my finger on my left hand!... (now if that's not progress then nothing is!)... all in all I feel proud of myself for what I am achieving... it is always very hard to impress myself as I always set myself very high standard objectives.... even by my standards I am really impressed by my achievements...

...my Neurologist and my main Doctor have told me that I have progressed in just under 3 weeks of rehabilitation as far as someone would normally progress in 5 or 6 weeks so I guess that my stubbornness is finally working for me rather than against me for one of the rare times in my life!...with Doctors telling me stuff like that I must be doing something right I guess lol!...

...anyhow... enough talking about me... and as I like to say...

...keep on posting you wonderful people... cheers.
What is your secret to improving so quickly? I wish I could progress like that in the gym.
You are a real star and an inspiration. Great job.
And stay positive. Even if your progress slows or you have a set back. Not everyday will necessarily be such an improvement, though it could well be, if you have a bad day, just keep moving forward. You are doing wonderfully well!

Love you Sticky! You really make the Doctor Who thread a joy to be in! And your photoshops are by far some of the best I have ever seen!

...hello you beautiful wonderful lovely fantastic people!!!!!... today I am absolutely feeling fantasmagorical!!!..I'm literally walking on sunshine.... it's like I'm walking across a rainbow!... here is why... (please excuse the short novel that you are about to read.... there's a lot to tell I'm afraid)...

...Yesterday morning I had to fast all day until a 2:15 yesterday afternoon because I was having to go to theatre and methinks... be knocked out to have a camera doovilackie shoved down my throat along with some type of dye in my blood... (again)... to have an internal scan of my heart... but at 1:30PM a helicopter with an urgent patient flew in and I was cancelled... so after starving all day I was then told that I could eat!...I've been re-scheduled for the test next week instead...

...now here comes the reason as to why I'm so happy... my dear darling sweet wife and soul mate that I love cherish and adore had been staying at a Motel for a couple of days to save her having to travel up here to visit me... she doesn't drive and therefore can't just travel back and forth to see me due to the distance from home... one of our daughters has paid for it just because she can... (God love her)... the Motel is only 300 feet away from the Hospital... the added fact that it was her Birthday on Wednesday was killing me because I couldn't take her out for dinner at a swanky Restaurant or buy her a Birthday present and it was killing me!...

...on Wednesday the Doctors and Physio's deemed that because I've progressed at such a rapid rate through my own hard work they declared me a no-risk factor of falling over unaided by a walking trolley... because I've regained my balance completely and have taught myself to walk properly to about 80% of my usual capacity that I had no need for the walking trolley again... I'm walking on my own again peoples!!!!!... wooooooohoooooo!... but that's not the only reason as to why I'm walking on sunshine and walking across a rainbow...

...because of my hard work at recovering ... because I can walk freely on my own accord... because I had to starve myself all day... because it was my wife's Birthday the night before... they granted me one night's leave from the Hospital on a couple of proviso's... firstly... I had to get a Taxi there and back even though it was 300 feet up the road... (Taxi only cost us $ 7.50 on each occasion lol!)...and I had to eat a light breakfast just in case I got rescheduled in today for the test... and I had to be back to the Hospital at 9:00 AM this morning... needless to say... I agreed to comply to all of them and guess what?...

...I got to stay with my beloved wife in the Motel last night!!!!... not only that.... it had a high class Restaurant on the premises so that I could wine and dine my beloved wife for her Birthday!!!!!... (albeit a day late)... hence the walking on sunshine and the walking across a rainbow feeling today!!!!... I so love this wonderful World that we live in... it's so great to be alive!!!...

...we had cheese garlic bread for starters... then grilled prawns wrapped in Prosciutto as an entree'... I then had a ginormous T-Bone with wild mushroom sauce and I had a Corona Beer as a drink... my beloved wife had Atlantic Salmon... the food was cooked to perfection on both accounts... what an awesome night!!!...

...on top of all that I'm apparently setting records on my recovery rate at the Rehabilitation Gymnasium... I had 3 Doctors looking at my walking stride toady... it was like being on a catwalk... (strike the 'Zoolander' pose Sticky lol!).... the way that they were amazed at how far I have come I fully expected to get a 'Scmacko's doggie treat from them lol!...

...they have scheduled for me to leave this time next Friday due to my progress...( wooooohooooo again!).. another reason to be walking on sunshine and walking across a rainbow methinks!!!... all in all I am a very happy chappy!... well... there you have it you beautiful wonderful people... keep on posting... cheers.

Good to hear from you Sticky and great to hear you're making such good progress too!

...I dearly thank you for that jessy girl you sweet lady...

I can hear the Benny Hill music in my head even now.

@Mr Stickyfingers , glad you're almost back to your old self.

...hahaha!... I used to love that show and especially that part lol!...

Not sure if the patient would be up for dancing like the ravers in the clip with the Benny Hill music. Good to know though Mr S that you are improving at a ripper rate.

...I'm going from strength to strength Khun Khun... thank you for caring you wonderful lady...

What is your secret to improving so quickly? I wish I could progress like that in the gym.
You are a real star and an inspiration. Great job.
And stay positive. Even if your progress slows or you have a set back. Not everyday will necessarily be such an improvement, though it could well be, if you have a bad day, just keep moving forward. You are doing wonderfully well!

...hey Rose711 you lovely lady... I guess that it is my pure stubbornness that keeps me going... I always thought that it would help me out one day and I guess that it has.... thanks for your lovely words...

Hi @Mr Stickyfingers just checking in to see how things are going.... How are things going?

...it couldn't be any betterer than the bestest that it could be!... thanks for the concern shadow2... much appreciated my friend!...

Love you Sticky! You really make the Doctor Who thread a joy to be in! And your photoshops are by far some of the best I have ever seen!

...that is so kind of you to say that BigBrotherCritc... it really is... I'm hoping to be back doing that from next Friday onwards... I can only hope lol!... cheers.

...hello you beautiful wonderful lovely fantastic people!!!!!... today I am absolutely feeling fantasmagorical!!!..I'm literally walking on sunshine.... it's like I'm walking across a rainbow!... here is why... (please excuse the short novel that you are about to read.... there's a lot to tell I'm afraid)...

...Yesterday morning I had to fast all day until a 2:15 yesterday afternoon because I was having to go to theatre and methinks... be knocked out to have a camera doovilackie shoved down my throat along with some type of dye in my blood... (again)... to have an internal scan of my heart... but at 1:30PM a helicopter with an urgent patient flew in and I was cancelled... so after starving all day I was then told that I could eat!...I've been re-scheduled for the test next week instead...

...now here comes the reason as to why I'm so happy... my dear darling sweet wife and soul mate that I love cherish and adore had been staying at a Motel for a couple of days to save her having to travel up here to visit me... she doesn't drive and therefore can't just travel back and forth to see me due to the distance from home... one of our daughters has paid for it just because she can... (God love her)... the Motel is only 300 feet away from the Hospital... the added fact that it was her Birthday on Wednesday was killing me because I couldn't take her out for dinner at a swanky Restaurant or buy her a Birthday present and it was killing me!...

...on Wednesday the Doctors and Physio's deemed that because I've progressed at such a rapid rate through my own hard work they declared me a no-risk factor of falling over unaided by a walking trolley... because I've regained my balance completely and have taught myself to walk properly to about 80% of my usual capacity that I had no need for the walking trolley again... I'm walking on my own again peoples!!!!!... wooooooohoooooo!... but that's not the only reason as to why I'm walking on sunshine and walking across a rainbow...

...because of my hard work at recovering ... because I can walk freely on my own accord... because I had to starve myself all day... because it was my wife's Birthday the night before... they granted me one night's leave from the Hospital on a couple of proviso's... firstly... I had to get a Taxi there and back even though it was 300 feet up the road... (Taxi only cost us $ 7.50 on each occasion lol!)...and I had to eat a light breakfast just in case I got rescheduled in today for the test... and I had to be back to the Hospital at 9:00 AM this morning... needless to say... I agreed to comply to all of them and guess what?...

...I got to stay with my beloved wife in the Motel last night!!!!... not only that.... it had a high class Restaurant on the premises so that I could wine and dine my beloved wife for her Birthday!!!!!... (albeit a day late)... hence the walking on sunshine and the walking across a rainbow feeling today!!!!... I so love this wonderful World that we live in... it's so great to be alive!!!...

...we had cheese garlic bread for starters... then grilled prawns wrapped in Prosciutto as an entree'... I then had a ginormous T-Bone with wild mushroom sauce and I had a Corona Beer as a drink... my beloved wife had Atlantic Salmon... the food was cooked to perfection on both accounts... what an awesome night!!!...

...on top of all that I'm apparently setting records on my recovery rate at the Rehabilitation Gymnasium... I had 3 Doctors looking at my walking stride toady... it was like being on a catwalk... (strike the 'Zoolander' pose Sticky lol!).... the way that they were amazed at how far I have come I fully expected to get a 'Scmacko's doggie treat from them lol!...

...they have scheduled for me to leave this time next Friday due to my progress...( wooooohooooo again!).. another reason to be walking on sunshine and walking across a rainbow methinks!!!... all in all I am a very happy chappy!... well... there you have it you beautiful wonderful people... keep on posting... cheers.
How awesome are you! Glad to hear you are recovering at lightening speed, and wonderful that you got to spend the night out of hospital with your lady.

Oh, Mr Stickyfingers. I've been flat out and unable to indulge in this site for a few weeks ... and then I saw this post just now and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Well, first I had a little cry for you, I do so very much like and respect your contributions here, as well as your general attitude and the warmth and generosity that you show to us. I was gutted for you, and to be honest, for us/me as well, as we would miss you.

And then thankfully for me, I got to live through your whole experience in a few minutes, and am SO HAPPY and RELIEVED that you are doing so well.
And by the end of this thread you made me laugh. So I've come full circle in a very short span of time, lol. You coming full circle has and is obviously taking longer, but congrats on your success.
So keep up your recovery and I very much look forward to chatting with you again.

PS I'm finally back on track to be posting DW reviews, and am adding one this arvo, hope you enjoy.

What a beautiful story and a lovely birthday for your wife. I'm sure it will be one she remembers. You are champion sir.

I wish I could like this post multiple times! That is FANTASTIC news Sticky. Keep that fighting spirit up and running!

This inspired me to look on Doctor Google for the most cheesy poster I could find and lo, I behold a marvel!

6a01053683182e970c0120a77048f8970b-pi

Uhhhh... Its as bad as this cheesy pickup line!

zhG9OHH.jpg

*canned laughter*

I need this as a soundtrack for my life!

Anyway before I go anywhere thats unintelligible I wish you ALL the best,

Cheers! :D

How awesome are you! Glad to hear you are recovering at lightening speed, and wonderful that you got to spend the night out of hospital with your lady.

...that is so kind of you to say shadow2... I have to tell you... I am not an egotistical type of person and I never have had tickets on myself but even I am so proud of myself and yes... in this instance... I have been awesome!... and I'm happy to praise myself up on this very rare occasion!...

Oh, Mr Stickyfingers. I've been flat out and unable to indulge in this site for a few weeks ... and then I saw this post just now and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Well, first I had a little cry for you,
I do so very much like and respect your contributions here, as well as your general attitude and the warmth and generosity that you show to us. I was gutted for you, and to be honest, for us/me as well, as we would miss you.

And then thankfully for me, I got to live through your whole experience in a few minutes, and am SO HAPPY and RELIEVED that you are doing so well.
And by the end of this thread you made me laugh. So I've come full circle in a very short span of time, lol. You coming full circle has and is obviously taking longer, but congrats on your success.
So keep up your recovery and I very much look forward to chatting with you again.

PS I'm finally back on track to be posting DW reviews, and am adding one this arvo, hope you enjoy.

...nutmeg.... my dear friend... I really am moved that you had a cry for me... we have never physically met... in essence we are total strangers except for our friendship through words and feelings conveyed on this wonderful website... I said in... (I think)... my second post that I believe that we are like a cyber family on here... with you telling me that I feel that what I said was true... thankyou so much for telling me that... it means a lot to me it really does...

...you know something nutmeg... telling me that you have lived through this experience with me full circle because of my postings has made me realise something that I didn't take into account before... I was going to say nothing about me having a stroke when it first happened... I was just going to stay away and recover slowly and quietly slink back into here and just continue on as usual...after all... it is a very personal crisis... I was beaten up and felt really down for the first few days and never thought for a second that I would be posting for at least three months or so if I was that lucky...opening up and having enough respect for you glorious wonderful people that I regard as my friends and telling you about it was such a hard personal decision to make...

...revealing so much about my inner self and my personal inner feelings is a first for me... revealing that to public viewing was very hard for me to do... but I am so glad that I did... revealing my inner thoughts so openly has really allowed me to let it all out... freed my mind of inner fears and has taken me on a personal journey of self healing due to me being able to talk to others so openly... you wonderful people saying such kind things about me and inspiring me to keep going truley has been a blessing to me!...

...I strongly suggest to anybody else that may unfortunately ever encounter something similar to open up and keep the rest of us up to date about yourself... it is such a soul cleansing thing to do for yourself... it really does help believe me... letting the rest of us know and not leaving us having to speculate on what happened to you for weeks or even months later... I now think that it shows respect enough for all of the rest of us to be able to keep us informed to be honest... I'm so glad that I took that step...

...as soon as I am able I will go and read your latest Dr Who review nutmeg... as you well know... I'm a big fan of Meglos's and your reviews and all the other input by others to do with Doctor Who... always keep them coming please lol!...

Whoa... Mr S you are made from some strong stuff... The mind is such a powerful thing.
Well done on the recovery!

...amen to that Inigo... the mind is a magnificent thing indeed!... and thanks for the kind words my friend...

What a beautiful story and a lovely birthday for your wife. I'm sure it will be one she remembers. You are champion sir.

...bleachy... last night will remain with me as one of the best nights of my life... it meant so much to me... when I first had my stroke the Doctors and Physio's asked me what my objectives were... they expected me to just say the usual same old same old things like... 'to walk again... to drive a car again etc etc'... I told them that my driving ambition was to snuggle up and kiss and cuddle my beautiful gorgeous wife in bed with her after wining and dining her in time for her Birthday... that was 3 weeks back... I just wanted to be my old romantic self again... I just wanted to be me again... it happened a day late due to circumstances as explained but I achieved it!... I'm so happy and proud of me!... (Sticky gives himself a pat on the back and a 'Scmackos doggie treat')... so yeah... it was a good night my friend for sure...

...anyway peoples...again sorry for the long-winded responses... they're like short novels as I say... thanks for your wonderful posts... keep on posting folks... it helps... you have no idea of how much... cheers.

I wish I could like this post multiple times! That is FANTASTIC news Sticky. Keep that fighting spirit up and running!

This inspired me to look on Doctor Google for the most cheesy poster I could find and lo, I behold a marvel!

6a01053683182e970c0120a77048f8970b-pi

Uhhhh... Its as bad as this cheesy pickup line!

*canned laughter*

I need this as a soundtrack for my life!

Anyway before I go anywhere thats unintelligible I wish you ALL the best,

Cheers! :D

...hahaha!... thankyou BigBrotherCritic... I loved the cheesy poster my friend... I was playing the Mr Bean canned laughter and the other guys in my room wondered what the hell was I was watching!... lol!...funny funny funny!... thanks my friend for the giggles... cheers.

What you say about her, the respect you give her. All her efforts doing whatever she could to be near you and be able to support you. Stuff The Notebook, this is real! It's incredibly romantic

...oh wow!... I never really thought of that side of it delcan... we are both just naturally like that... now that you have pointed it out I have realised that yes... we could be... how nice of you to point that out to me... romance is such a beautiful thing...

I agree sticky. I hope my husband and I are still as devoted and in love as you two are.

I'm really glad you are recovering nicely and that you are your positive self. You really are a joyful soul :)

...thankyou Sweetgeek... we really are so in love...even after 35 years... I truly am a blessed man regardless of these silly little annoyiong stroke thingy's... a blessed man indeed... I'm sure that if it works for us then there's no reason why it can't happen for your husband and yourself... thanks for the kind words Sweetgeek... cheers.

So sorry to hear this, Mr Sticky!! You will rock rehab!!! All the best and we'll undoubtedly still be here when you recover.

Take care!
Pen

So sorry to hear this, Mr Sticky!! You will rock rehab!!! All the best and we'll undoubtedly still be here when you recover.

Take care!
Pen

...hey CaspersMum... I'm kicking along quite well... I've been walking up and down corridors all day with my family and other visitors so I'm getting the all the exercise I need to keep me going... thanks for your kind words... cheers.

Back