Skip to main content

Bachelor In Paradise 2018

https://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/bachelor/bachelor-in-paradise-rachael-gouvignon-interview-26532

INTERVIEW WITH SANE QUEEN RACHAEL.

We always knew hearts would be broken in Bachelor in Paradisebut seeing Rachael Gouvignon so visibly upset by rejection was particularly gut-wrenching.

Probably because we've all been able to empathise with this raw emotional desire to meet someone special at some stage in our lives.

Rachael was a latecomer to the series and while she had initial connections with Apollo (much to Simone's disdain), American Jared and then Thomas, she left the island without finding love.

Cosmo caught up with Rachael to talk being body-shamed, trolls and which couple she thinks will go the distance.

Seeing you get upset last night was very difficult to watch – how did it feel watching it back?

It was hard. Because they're the conversations I sit around and have with my closest friends and talk about. I've seen my girlfriends get very upset about this same topic. A lot of women now in their '30s and still single – and they're such beautiful women.

And it was hard to see my emotions on TV because it is the truth because it comes from the heart and that's my deepest darkest secrets. It was hard but I've had a lot of people since last night's episode contact me – a lot of girls feel exactly the same – there's so many, it's ridiculous.

We need these men to turn around and start doing something about.

You were the most honest and upfront about being there because you want to be with someone - Have you faced any criticism for your direct approach?

Oh you know, some people have said that I'm desperate but I don't feel like I'm desperate – I'm just hopeful.

And some people may have seen me crying after Thomas and I were having these conversations and think I was upset about Thomas but that was NOT about Thomas at all – it was just about how I feel generally.

It had nothing to do with him. It was more just the fact of seeing everybody else so loved-up and me wanting that, I guess. I was jealous because I didn't find love too.

Do you have any regrets – especially in terms of sticking with Thomas when American Jared was really keen on you?

In the morning, before Thomas had asked me on a date, American Jared did come over to me and he did say, "Look Rach, I think you're amazing, however, I'm looking to find love at first sight and that hasn't happened for me with you."

And I was quite taken aback because for me, love at first sight is very, very rare. So yeah, he said to me: "Rach, you know, you can go on dates with other guys if anyone asks you" so he was almost giving me permission. So I kind of got semi dumped. But you guys didn't see that. I didn't have an option. And then Thomas asked me on a date so I did it.

Do you think Thomas was there to stir the pot?

I think he was in there to get more airtime [laughs]. There's obviously no Bachelor in Paradise for Canadians so he thought he'd come over to Fiji for a free trip and yeah, I think he was trying to play a bit of a game. From some of the facial expressions he's made, when I was watching the show, I was like "Hmm" – there's an underlying reason for why you're here and it's not for a relationship.

Had you any idea what you were letting yourself in for beforehand?

I'm a huge Bachelor worldwide/nation fan [laughs], so I definitely had an idea of what was going to happen. I understood what I was going to. And I really, really liked the fact it was so much more relaxed [in BIP Australia] – there wasn't as much competition with the girls and we had more time and I think that's the most important thing – we had more time to get to know the guys which was really nice.

Did you know any of the contestants beforehand?

No, I'd never met any of them before. I'd only seen their faces on Instagram and that's it.

We watched your video telling people to lay off Simone [watch at the top] after she'd body-shamed you on the show – how important is it to support the other contestants?

When Simone was on The Bachelor, she didn't come across as a villain at all. She didn't even have any trolling. Whereas when I was on my season, I had a lot of trolls. I had to sort of learn to deal with people saying nasty things and it really did break me at times.

As soon as I saw the flood of trolls that came her way, I was like "This is disgusting." I'm so anti-bullying and anti-trolling. It's just so nasty – you would never walk up to someone's face and say those things so do you think it's okay to sit behind your little screen and type away disgusting words at a human being.

And you know, these words, they do affect people. So I tried using the little power I had just to shut those people down because people need to grow up and get a life if that's all they've got to do is hurt other people. That's nasty – they need to work on themselves.

Do you think things would've been different if you hadn't come in towards the end of the show?

If I'd gone in earlier, I feel like there were people who were more suitable and possibly looking along the lines of what I was looking for which is a relationship. So if I'd gone in earlier I think I would've had a very different outcome.

Of all the Bachelor contestants – who do you wish had been in there?

So, because a lot of people have been saying to me "Michael should have been in there for you", it would've been nice to actually have met him because I feel like we are quite similar in age and he is looking to meet somebody.

So that would've been interesting to have met him. I was also intrigued to meet Luke but obviously he got quite into Lisa and there's been speculation after [Luke admitted to cheating on Lisa to Cosmo]. But what's meant to be is meant to be.

How's the love life now – are you dating?

It's non-existent [laughs]. No, I'm not dating anybody.

Which of the couples will go the distance?

So from when I was there I really felt a lot of love between Ali and Grant, Keira and Jarrod – Oh my god, Jarrod is just obsessed with Keira [laughs]. He was already telling me what handbag he was going to buy her in the outside world. I'm like "Woah."

And then Sam and Tara. And when I was there - Megan and Jake, I guess, they liked each other but I just don't know how much and if it is something that could, you know, continue. I guess we need to wait to find out.

Who do you think is going to propose?

No idea. At all. One minute I think one couple and the next I think another – It changes all the time.

What has Bachelor in Paradise taught you?

Oh my gosh. I guess, watching Megan on her date with Thomas. She doesn't give a lot and so it keeps the men intrigued. And when I watch myself, I'm thinking "Maybe slow down a little bit, Rach."

I think I maybe need to leave a little more to the imagination for the men. I guess, yeah, be a bit more intriguing for men instead of being so upfront and wanting to know what their intentions are I guess.

also i'm not sure it would be the wisest approach for rachael to copy megan's more laid back and relaxed approach because i think's rachael's more passionate ways of doing things is just who she is and i don't think trying to copy a random woman will work out for her.

all i know is that for me personally i'd take a rachael approach any day over a boring megan one.

I dont believe Leah is dating Drew ... he doesnt follow her on IG ... she commented on one photo of his ages ok ... one photo in a group does not a relaionship make. She had a photo on instagram of herself and a guy .. even from the back it doesnt look at all like Drew
Also don’t see Drew wanting to be pulled back into the limelight and gain any notoriety ... been there done that with the whole circus ...
He put up a story on IG - simple whire text on black. I AM NOT ENGAGED
not a denial of any relationship ... but you would think the Daily Fail could find more evidence of them together than the photos they used

You can suffer through the final 4 going on dates next Sunday then some sort of reunion episode Monday. The final couples are Grant and Ali, Jake and Megan, Sam and Tara and Keira and Jarrod and they will update you on their relationship status. I think it is pretty obvious
thanks just hadnt paid any attention to the schedule and was sitting down for one more show ... and ... Bondi Rescue

I dont believe Leah is dating Drew ... he doesnt follow her on IG ... she commented on one photo of his ages ok ... one photo in a group does not a relaionship make. She had a photo on instagram of herself and a guy .. even from the back it doesnt look at all like Drew
Also don’t see Drew wanting to be pulled back into the limelight and gain any notoriety ... been there done that with the whole circus ...
He put up a story on IG - simple whire text on black. I AM NOT ENGAGED
not a denial of any relationship ... but you would think the Daily Fail could find more evidence of them together than the photos they used

He does follow her on IG.... not that it means anything.

All of this walking out because you can't find "love" with any of the available options, or couples leaving together to "continue their relationship in the real world" is absolute guff. You sign a contract, just stay in the show and enjoy your 5 minutes of fame until someone doesn't give you a rose. Seriously, the producers let the contestants run the show and it's just a mess.

The other huge flaw in all of this is that when you get a couple that is loved up from the start (eg, Ali and Grant), they are guaranteed to stay for the entire run of the show, despite contributing absolutely nothing entertainment-wise. Grant is as dull as a wet Wednesday afternoon and only speaks in rose ceremonies. The interesting lunatics burn each other out, and we're left with a snoozefest.

...I so agree with both of these posts Meglos especially the highlighted parts... you've nailed it with some of the flaws of this show for sure... it has seemed like it's sometimes being made up on the spot as when Osher has announced on occasions that "such and such is returning because" for instance... they have gone into 'panic mode' whenever people have voluntarily walked from the show... they most likely never had a proper contingency plan in place because they probably never saw that this exact thing would actually happen I imagine...

...and... as you also said... once they've 'coupled up' after the first 2 or 3 episodes of the show what else is there for them to do?... this show seems like a hastily put together hodge-podge of loose-end ideas that have been put together at the last minute just to cash in on the popularity of the Bach series to me... this show needs so much work done on it to be in production for next year... taking away the power of being able to walk at whimsy by the cast would be a big help to start with...

...if they do not put their heads together and do their homework after reviewing this series then I'm not too sure that this show will be renewed next year somehow... just my two cents worth there... cheers.

...I so agree with both of these posts Meglos especially the highlighted parts... you've nailed it with some of the flaws of this show for sure... it has seemed like it's sometimes being made up on the spot as when Osher has announced on occasions that "such and such is returning because" for instance... they have gone into 'panic mode' whenever people have voluntarily walked from the show... they most likely never had a proper contingency plan in place because they probably never saw that this exact thing would actually happen I imagine...

...and... as you also said... once they've 'coupled up' after the first 2 or 3 episodes of the show what else is there for them to do?... this show seems like a hastily put together hodge-podge of loose-end ideas that have been put together at the last minute just to cash in on the popularity of the Bach series to me... this show needs so much work done on it to be in production for next year... taking away the power of being able to walk at whimsy by the cast would be a big help to start with...

...if they do not put their heads together and do their homework after reviewing this series then I'm not too sure that this show will be renewed next year somehow... just my two cents worth there... cheers.

i wonder if it is normal for a bachelor in paradise show for the couples to couple up so quickly and so strongly that nothing can break their bonds?

this is why people like Keira who know how to play the RTV Game are such good value - even when she had found someone she still added interest - even if it was just the droll comments during rose ceremonies ... "boring!"

I don't mind people leaving last night because there was noone to match with - the producers COULD have stirred the pot and given Elora or Florence (or both!) a date card ... but chose not to ... so then what are they supposed to do - twiddle their thumbs?

Bringing Florence back was a total waste of time and energy - wtf did they think was going to happen except for the snoozefest she provided last night?

I wonder if they even send the departing cast home or have them staying elsewhere until filming is up - that way they can bring them back at will? flying Flo back for 1 day seems a total waste of $ and would only have boosted her already inflated opinion of herself

as for her tattoo - saw on Daily Mail today that awful Stephanie Davis (was on CBBUK a couple of years ago - with an Irish guy - supposed model? with tatts all over him) has something very similar
makes me hate the tatt even more

...you're so right crimmy... Keira has really shone in this show... she was the perfect candidate for it... sadly... the people that lacked any 'spark' for me were the 'professional Reality stars' from overseas... perhaps in the USA and Canada they may have 'starred' in their respective series because they were based at home but when they have come here and tried their same 'seductive' routines as they did at home some of us Aussies have found their various techniques of 'seduction' to be laughable and cringey at various times... different cultures... different methods...

...the Producers bringing in these 'seasoned Reality veterans ' is such a waste of time in my eyes... they pout and stand and voice their dross hackneyed lines and their sad actions are so wooden and corny and yet we Australians are supposed to think that their lines are 'genuine'?... pfft!... yeah... whateva!... regardless of what the producers of the show think... we as a viewing public see through that shallow shit and the sooner that they realise that the better... this show needs a complete revamp of ideas if it's expected to make a second appearance next year for sure as far as I'm concerned anyway...

...and what a clusterfuck of boredom in bringing back Florence as you also said... they only did that because they had absolutely nothing left as far as ideas went after so many walkouts... as I said in my previous post... not enough preparation for the show before it even aired in my opinion... cheers.

WHY HAS NO ONE POSTED THIS????!!!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ing-former-Big-Brother-star-Anthony-Drew.html

EXCLUSIVE: Leah's mystery man REVEALED: Bachelor In Paradise star Costa is dating former Big Brother star and Tully Smyth's ex Anthony Drew after her dramatic exit from reality show... but are they engaged?
By Kristy Johnson For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 14:49 AEST, 24 April 2018 | Updated: 17:10 AEST, 24 April 2018

Leah Costa dramatically left Bachelor In Paradise on Sunday night after discovering there would be no more male intruders.

But the 25-year-old looks to have the dating show far from her mind.

A source told Daily Mail Australia on Monday that the blonde is in a relationship with former Big Brother star and Tully Smyth's ex Anthony Drew.

4B73239300000578-5645815-image-a-118_1524545894561.jpg

4B72DED100000578-5645815-EXCLUSIVE_That_was_quick_Leah_Costa_25_is_dating_former_Big_Brot-a-120_1524545895578.jpg

Leah's mystery man REVEALED: Bachelor In Paradise star Costa is dating former Big Brother star and Tully Smyth's ex Anthony Drew after her dramatic exit from reality show... but are they engaged?

'Leah's new boyfriend is Anthony Drew from the 2013 season of Big Brother and they could potentially be engaged,' the insider exclusively revealed.

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to both Leah and Anthony for comment.

Following her exit from Bachelor In Paradise on Sunday night, Leah took to Instagram to reveal that she's finally found her prince charming.

The star wrote: 'I said I hoped that something bigger and better was waiting for me on the outside. I guess it's true that when life appears to be falling to pieces, it is really just falling into place.

4B72CBB800000578-5645815-Are_they_an_item_Leah_s_new_boyfriend_is_Anthony_Drew_from_the_2-a-89_1524550984623.jpg

+4
Are they an item? 'Leah's new boyfriend is Anthony Drew from the 2013 season of Big Brother and they could potentially be engaged,' the insider exclusively revealed to Daily Mail Australia

'I never thought I could find a love like this,' Leah concluded, adding a love heart emoji.

It comes after Leah sparked engagement rumours by posing with a diamond sparkler on her wedding finger earlier this month.

In an Instagram Story shared to her page, the Channel Ten personality was seen flashing the eye-catching bling during what appeared to be a romantic evening at a drive-in cinema.

In a second snap shared to her Instagram Story, which saw pillows strewn about the back of the vehicle, Leah wrote: 'Drive In... He Spoils Me,' accompanied by a heart-eyed emoji.

4B6CA75800000578-5645815-Engaged_It_comes_after_Leah_sparked_engagement_rumours_by_posing-a-87_1524550984448.jpg

+4
Engaged? It comes after Leah sparked engagement rumours by posing with a diamond sparkler on her wedding finger earlier this month

4B6CA76100000578-5645815-Loved_up_In_a_second_snap_shared_to_her_Instagram_Story_which_sa-a-88_1524550984495.jpg

+4
Loved-up: In a second snap shared to her Instagram Story, which saw pillows strewn about the back of the vehicle, Leah wrote: 'Drive In... He Spoils Me,' accompanied by a heart-eyed emoji

She has since flashed the ring during appearances on Studio Ten and The Project.

Now working as an actor and model, Anthony became a household name back in 2013 thanks to a stint on reality series, Big Brother Australia.

The long-haired hunk quickly made headlines when he began a romance with co-star Tully Smyth in the house, while she was in a long-term relationship with Tahlia Farrant.

Tully's girlfriend dumped her via social media while she remained oblivious in the house, and she continued her relationship with Drew after the elimination.

Their romance was short-lived however, with the couple splitting in January 2014.

Tully, 30, has since been romantically linked to other men, including former Bachelor star Richie Strahan.

vid_play.png

4B72E7D100000578-5645815-Former_flame_Anthony_made_headlines_back_in_2013_when_he_began_a-a-86_1524550983669.jpg

+4
Former flame: Anthony made headlines back in 2013 when he began a romance with fellow Big Brother star Tully Smyth [pictured]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Brother-star-Anthony-Drew.html#ixzz5DZkYtm5D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

...I really liked Drew in his season of Big Brother... until the Tully got him... and even in spite of her I eventually liked him yet again... I still do... especially after he dumped the Tully... and ... I believe that him and Leah would go well together to be honest... she's a boisterous wild thing and he is quite laid back and reserved... two wrongs sometimes make a right... so who knows?... if the Daily Mail is 'telling the truth' :rolleyes::bang::biggrin:... they may actually work out as a couple... <---- **said with tongue firmly planted in cheek**... but... you never know eh?... cheers.

Back