Skip to main content

Bachelor In Paradise 2018

...it's gone to the thrash heap of oblivion if it doesn't get it's act together if it comes back for a second season as far as I'm concerned... this show has more holes in it than the Titanic... cheers.

Ali is the Queen of the show. It will be good for as long as she is on.

Apollo and Simone are gone now so at least the show is watchable again.

People couple up early in the US version but most of them are fairly easily broken. New people come and are asked who they hope is there, and it is usually someone in a couple. The Jake/Megan thing in particular seems less about attraction and more like a Survivor style "alliance" - you don't see that in the US version. I guess with the US version they have far more potential participants because both franchises (Bach and Bachette) have been on for over a decade. Also the US rejects all seem to hang out with each other and date each other so they have history

i wonder if it is normal for a bachelor in paradise show for the couples to couple up so quickly and so strongly that nothing can break their bonds?

...I really don't think that any of them could really find 'true love' in front of a gazzilion cameramen during such a short period of time reepbot but... they would all be desperately trying to 'couple up' after a day or so just to ensure that they get a Rose and stay in the show a lot longer just to extend their '15 minutes of fame'... but in saying that... I can see some of them actually 'bonding' in the process over the weeks of the show during their 'pretending to be interested in each other' act and perhaps that 'bond' extends into true love quite a lot later after the show is long gone and perhaps lasts more than just a couple of months...

...but as for them 'proposing' to each other on national TV ... I think that's just to clinch the remaining '15 minutes of fame' for the most airtime... that's all... sure... Jarrod/Keira and Sam/Tara MAY truly be 'in love' but but as for 'proposing' on National TV?... pfffffffft!... attention seeking or what?... cheers.

So, do people just up and leave on the US version, single or paired? I'm curious if this is an Australian phenomenon or common occurrence on this wreck of a show.

They quit but it's usually if they are one of the last few to enter and everyone is really coupled up. They usually go in for one person and if they aren't successful, then they leave

So, do people just up and leave on the US version, single or paired? I'm curious if this is an Australian phenomenon or common occurrence on this wreck of a show.

...I don't know about the US version my friend but for me... when the actual Bach and Bachettes (thanks for the abbreviations delcan lol!) up and walk out of pure boredom and frustration is it no wonder that viewers do too?... I find it amazing that so many of us have seen this to the end to be honest... it really has become such a borefest now... they need to take this show to the Garage and give it a full service and not just a grease and oil change that they usually do to make this run better... cheers.

They quit but it's usually if they are one of the last few to enter and everyone is really coupled up. They usually go in for one person and if they aren't successful, then they leave

...they should have it written into their contracts that they are forced to stay and watch their failings all the way to the end... just imagine it... the group of losers that stand no chance whatsoever in getting a Rose don't leave the show when they don't receive one... they just get transferred into a giant cage instead in full view of the proceedings... just imagine them all just sitting in a cage in the corner getting drunk... and crying... and snarling... and fuming... and grumbling... and hurling out insults... and shouting out "it should've been me!" every 5 minutes... all of the losers would be so much more entertaining than the boring couples themselves... make me the Producer of the show... I'd shake things up for sure lol!... ;):thumbsup::biggrin:... cheers.

You mean the irrelevant who showed complete disrespect to the Fijian people? Yeah, she is Queen of Nothing.

i meant the queen of sanity. the queen who showed so much honesty and heart during her time on the show. those episodes that she was on should be preserved in the national museum of television because of their artistic and historical significance.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/bachelor/bachelor-in-paradise-rachael-gouvignon-interview-26532

INTERVIEW WITH SANE QUEEN RACHAEL.

We always knew hearts would be broken in Bachelor in Paradisebut seeing Rachael Gouvignon so visibly upset by rejection was particularly gut-wrenching.

Probably because we've all been able to empathise with this raw emotional desire to meet someone special at some stage in our lives.

Rachael was a latecomer to the series and while she had initial connections with Apollo (much to Simone's disdain), American Jared and then Thomas, she left the island without finding love.

Cosmo caught up with Rachael to talk being body-shamed, trolls and which couple she thinks will go the distance.

Seeing you get upset last night was very difficult to watch – how did it feel watching it back?

It was hard. Because they're the conversations I sit around and have with my closest friends and talk about. I've seen my girlfriends get very upset about this same topic. A lot of women now in their '30s and still single – and they're such beautiful women.

And it was hard to see my emotions on TV because it is the truth because it comes from the heart and that's my deepest darkest secrets. It was hard but I've had a lot of people since last night's episode contact me – a lot of girls feel exactly the same – there's so many, it's ridiculous.

We need these men to turn around and start doing something about.

You were the most honest and upfront about being there because you want to be with someone - Have you faced any criticism for your direct approach?

Oh you know, some people have said that I'm desperate but I don't feel like I'm desperate – I'm just hopeful.

And some people may have seen me crying after Thomas and I were having these conversations and think I was upset about Thomas but that was NOT about Thomas at all – it was just about how I feel generally.

It had nothing to do with him. It was more just the fact of seeing everybody else so loved-up and me wanting that, I guess. I was jealous because I didn't find love too.

Do you have any regrets – especially in terms of sticking with Thomas when American Jared was really keen on you?

In the morning, before Thomas had asked me on a date, American Jared did come over to me and he did say, "Look Rach, I think you're amazing, however, I'm looking to find love at first sight and that hasn't happened for me with you."

And I was quite taken aback because for me, love at first sight is very, very rare. So yeah, he said to me: "Rach, you know, you can go on dates with other guys if anyone asks you" so he was almost giving me permission. So I kind of got semi dumped. But you guys didn't see that. I didn't have an option. And then Thomas asked me on a date so I did it.

Do you think Thomas was there to stir the pot?

I think he was in there to get more airtime [laughs]. There's obviously no Bachelor in Paradise for Canadians so he thought he'd come over to Fiji for a free trip and yeah, I think he was trying to play a bit of a game. From some of the facial expressions he's made, when I was watching the show, I was like "Hmm" – there's an underlying reason for why you're here and it's not for a relationship.

Had you any idea what you were letting yourself in for beforehand?

I'm a huge Bachelor worldwide/nation fan [laughs], so I definitely had an idea of what was going to happen. I understood what I was going to. And I really, really liked the fact it was so much more relaxed [in BIP Australia] – there wasn't as much competition with the girls and we had more time and I think that's the most important thing – we had more time to get to know the guys which was really nice.

Did you know any of the contestants beforehand?

No, I'd never met any of them before. I'd only seen their faces on Instagram and that's it.

We watched your video telling people to lay off Simone [watch at the top] after she'd body-shamed you on the show – how important is it to support the other contestants?

When Simone was on The Bachelor, she didn't come across as a villain at all. She didn't even have any trolling. Whereas when I was on my season, I had a lot of trolls. I had to sort of learn to deal with people saying nasty things and it really did break me at times.

As soon as I saw the flood of trolls that came her way, I was like "This is disgusting." I'm so anti-bullying and anti-trolling. It's just so nasty – you would never walk up to someone's face and say those things so do you think it's okay to sit behind your little screen and type away disgusting words at a human being.

And you know, these words, they do affect people. So I tried using the little power I had just to shut those people down because people need to grow up and get a life if that's all they've got to do is hurt other people. That's nasty – they need to work on themselves.

Do you think things would've been different if you hadn't come in towards the end of the show?

If I'd gone in earlier, I feel like there were people who were more suitable and possibly looking along the lines of what I was looking for which is a relationship. So if I'd gone in earlier I think I would've had a very different outcome.

Of all the Bachelor contestants – who do you wish had been in there?

So, because a lot of people have been saying to me "Michael should have been in there for you", it would've been nice to actually have met him because I feel like we are quite similar in age and he is looking to meet somebody.

So that would've been interesting to have met him. I was also intrigued to meet Luke but obviously he got quite into Lisa and there's been speculation after [Luke admitted to cheating on Lisa to Cosmo]. But what's meant to be is meant to be.

How's the love life now – are you dating?

It's non-existent [laughs]. No, I'm not dating anybody.

Which of the couples will go the distance?

So from when I was there I really felt a lot of love between Ali and Grant, Keira and Jarrod – Oh my god, Jarrod is just obsessed with Keira [laughs]. He was already telling me what handbag he was going to buy her in the outside world. I'm like "Woah."

And then Sam and Tara. And when I was there - Megan and Jake, I guess, they liked each other but I just don't know how much and if it is something that could, you know, continue. I guess we need to wait to find out.

Who do you think is going to propose?

No idea. At all. One minute I think one couple and the next I think another – It changes all the time.

What has Bachelor in Paradise taught you?

Oh my gosh. I guess, watching Megan on her date with Thomas. She doesn't give a lot and so it keeps the men intrigued. And when I watch myself, I'm thinking "Maybe slow down a little bit, Rach."

I think I maybe need to leave a little more to the imagination for the men. I guess, yeah, be a bit more intriguing for men instead of being so upfront and wanting to know what their intentions are I guess.

...I'm not trying to be harsh here Rachael but seriously... you may be 'looking for love' but coming onto a trashy reality show that is guaranteed to break hearts and flay you alive on National TV is not the way to do it... seriously... if you want us to believe that you really want to 'find love' don't become a slave to the TV fame circuit and just physically go out to clubs or pubs or whatever it takes and meet 'real' people and actually talk to their faces instead of texting them or 'talking' to them through Instagram or Twitter or whatever?...

...I'm really finding it hard to believe that you're sincere that you are so 'heartbroken' or whatever being that you are well entrenched within the 'Reality circuit' my dear girl... it's good that you are explaining how you feel to your 'fans' now that it's all over but the cynic in me just thinks that this is just you trying to extend your '15 minutes of fame' and that's all... but... I do hope that you eventually do meet a guy in the future and find the 'true love' that you are seeking... you seem to be quite a nice girl... I hope that it works out for you... cheers.

...I'm not trying to be harsh here Rachael but seriously... you may be 'looking for love' but coming onto a trashy reality show that is guaranteed to break hearts and flay you alive on National TV is not the way to do it... seriously... if you want us to believe that you really want to 'find love' don't become a slave to the TV fame circuit and just physically go out to clubs or pubs or whatever it takes and meet 'real' people and actually talk to their faces instead of texting them or 'talking' to them through Instagram or Twitter or whatever?...

...I'm really finding it hard to believe that you're sincere that you are so 'heartbroken' or whatever being that you are well entrenched within the 'Reality circuit' my dear girl... it's good that you are explaining how you feel to your 'fans' now that it's all over but the cynic in me just thinks that this is just you trying to extend your '15 minutes of fame' and that's all... but... I do hope that you eventually do meet a guy in the future and find the 'true love' that you are seeking... you seem to be quite a nice girl... I hope that it works out for you... cheers.

she's a queen, and as royalty she can't be seen in immoral establishments such as nightclubs.

Back