Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
i thought about this too..! its so annoying with the edits, we don't see the hustle until its too late!

i alwaysssssss think this. it seems like the obvious move to take him out.. but then.. would the producers allow it? probably not

this was toooo good haha so many throw back memories this episode.

its actually so cringe. like.. stop relying on being a super fan esp if u didnt watch the early seasons haha

that do be on #gameplay lol but also he probably doesnt reeeaallyy carrrrreee? take out big players but then not win the public vote because u took out the big players doesn't seem like a big payoff for the risk of the court of public opinon.

TARAS WELCOMEEEE i love how HMs are slowly coming out of the shadowsssss! im sorry you have to hold your tongue on things.. i hope the NDA runs out soon soooo you can get that right of reply!!!

HAHA this got me. "Because I'm Johnson"
Superfan status I guess? More weight in his game?

It was THE HARDEST THING IVE DONE IN MY LIFE. By far. I actually did not have much fun while on the show, it was SO stressful.

Seven has sucked the fun out of the game with this format. Have you compared notes with the OGs? Do they say their seasons were more fun without the constant pressure of strategy? Because it absolutely comes across this way to watch this format.

Tully had a real redemption arc this season. She is BBAU infamous and I would argue has become beloved now.

Let's not lose our minds 🤣

I’ve wondered how much people felt afraid to make a move against Reggie due to how that would be perceived by the public.

And I've been saying this for ever. Last night confirmed everyone sees her as the biggest threat, but it's a double edged sword to nominate her and vote her out because the viewers will hate you for it. It's an impossible situation, and pretty unfair to the n00bs in particular.

I might be reading into things but I do think some of the hms change their stories or try to wire the public in with statements as they watch the show and see how the public interpret things. So for example he inserted himself in the Tim/stele saga with tully as if to remind tully and also ensure the public know he was there for her at one point. Could it be it’s because he knew tully was now liked and he knew what was coming? Who knows really but it shows these delayed formats are crap

With emphasis on the "it shows these delayed formats are crap" bit.

So, in essence, "dont vote me out cos I want to beat you":D
If it was their first time playing it may seem weird. Or if they had not had what they had. But let's face it. She copped all the flack and abuse and he came out of that season relatively unharmed. All she was wanting was the chance to play the game not having to be connected with him. The good thing is that even though she did leave sooner than we would have liked Tully 2022 will be remembered for playing her og game and doing it well, and not for anything to do with Drew.

She voted to save Drew and Sam multiple times. He couldn't even do it once. On top of that he came chasing after her to tell her that he had her. Then turns around and votes her out?

This. Taras may not have owned his move, but at least he did say (in the diary room was it?) that he was going to lie and do stuff behind people's backs. Drew just straight out lied to Tully. Way to pull on someone's emotions Drew ... and you wonder why she gets on your nerves. I put it to you that it is you who gets on her nerves (and she even said that directly to you) and she reacts accordingly, causing you to go all defensive and then spin lies and bullshit to her again. Tully deserves better than that. I understand it is a pressure cooker in the house and you need to do what you need to do to get to the end, but I think you're going about it the wrong way ... the public see through it and won't vote for you if you make top three. You are probably different outside the house (and Tully did hint at that too).

Last edited:
I don’t buy this whole Taras targeting Tully purely out of pettiness. The edit is over simplifying what was probably a lingering thing. He set his sights on a move and achieved it. I don’t get disliking him for it. No one came for Reggie when she went for Jules.

I think it would have been better for him to remain under the radar in all honesty but you do have to do something to make an impression. I’m undecided if I’ve interpreted his edit tonight as circumstantial or the beginning of his endgame narrative.

Really frustrating watching Tully leave when Drew and Tim could have saved her. I understand Tim’s logic in not bringing OGs to the end, but I’m reality (aside from what has happened post show) he could have well concluded Tully wouldn’t be a threat to him in a public vote. Tully was a number for both he and Drew. After Johnson’s entitlement I wish it was him.

I feel Tully’s exit is a bit unceremonious and premature. I don’t feel that I’m satisfied with the ending of her storyline and I would have liked her to last at least a few more episodes. Happy to have changed some of my in initial views on her this time around. I’m happy for Tully’s new found stability in life. I also feel a huge sense of warmth at her willingness to help Reggie. As someone who knows too well what it’s like having a family member with CF, it makes me happy to see Tully go out of her way for Reggie. It genuinely does.

Very happy with the limited Tim content, hoping his edit cools down a bit before he is inevitably booted at the final hurdle. I hope no more OGs go for a while, the four left are detrimental for interest factor. Worried for Estelle.

Nice summmary. Well said. Some excellent points of thought that I hadn't considered (for example, you made me think a little harder about the Taras edit possibly being a lingering thing). And, yes, good on Tully for helping Reggie. There should be more of that kind of thing in the world.

All she was wanting was the chance to play the game not having to be connected with him. The good thing is that even though she did leave sooner than we would have liked Tully 2022 will be remembered for playing her og game and doing it well, and not for anything to do with Drew.

For all my gentle ribbing, I feel bad for Tully that they put Drew in with her this season. Pretty much ruined her game right there.

For all my gentle ribbing, I feel bad for Tully that they put Drew in with her this season. Pretty much ruined her game right there.
Yeah as much interested in seeing Drew again probably should have asked someone like Ben from their season again. Would have worked better as we'd see whether Tim was willing to even stab him in the back and Tully could have had another friend from her series and I feel she would have been able to trust Ben.

In the end they probably thought it too good to try to get Drew back as they knew he was Tim's sidekick plus there was history with Tully so wanted to see what would happen there.

Oh well would have still been good if they still could have got Ben at least he was another big well known character from their series that Tully could at least trust. There's also those like Tahan (who would also work with Estelle as she's friends with her too) but the fact she had a baby probably cancels that out.

But yeah, im here to talk strategy and gameplay and relationships and give as much info as is allowed, because we've been put on a real tight leash since the whole Tim/Estelle debacle...I know you all know, ive read it all.

"...we've been put on a real tight leash since the whole Tim/Estelle debacle". Ahhh, that explains a lot ... explains why the sudden change in context / postings from former housemates. So Tim, yet again, has ruined everyone's game. He does that so well. 😇

Taras, we would love to have you on here. You really don't even need to "ask our permission".

Welcome aboard.
I'm glad you aren't freaked out by the comments about you and seem to have the right attitude in processing our opinions.
I wasn't a fan of how you came across in tonight's episode, but as a viewer I can only judge by the narrative shown on tv.
In a way we're reacting to a character on tv, so we can cheer or boo and hiss, but I doubt there are many (or any) here who bear you any personal malice.
Whether we are fans or not, any housemate input is appreciated, unless it's just blatant self-promotion, which has happened a few times.

I could not have said this any better.

Last edited:
Hey fam,
Wanted to hop on here quickly to say a BIG thank you for all the comments- the good, the bad and the ugly.
I've been a faceless reader of this forum for literally years... I used to read this forum on the old home computer when I was still living at home!
I've always appreciated how much you guys love the show, your insight, your knowledge... the familiar usernames that pop up again and again over the years.
I know there are a few I will never win over but it's been SO nice to see a positive shift in people's opinions of me in here.
I hope you at least feel like you've seen a different side to me at least. We've all grown up together, in a weird way. I care more about all of your opinions than I do about some of my own friends and family! You guys really know your shit!
I've got a stack of interviews today but happy to answer any questions if you have them! Will check back in later today.
Appreciate all of you... yes, even @timmy and @Kingston. 😘

Hey fam,
Wanted to hop on here quickly to say a BIG thank you for all the comments- the good, the bad and the ugly.
I've been a faceless reader of this forum for literally years... I used to read this forum on the old home computer when I was still living at home!
I've always appreciated how much you guys love the show, your insight, your knowledge... the familiar usernames that pop up again and again over the years.
I know there are a few I will never win over but it's been SO nice to see a positive shift in people's opinions of me in here.
I hope you at least feel like you've seen a different side to me at least. We've all grown up together, in a weird way. I care more about all of your opinions than I do about some of my own friends and family! You guys really know your shit!
I've got a stack of interviews today but happy to answer any questions if you have them! Will check back in later today.
Appreciate all of you... yes, even @timmy and @Kingston. 😘
Very star struck right now. That aside what are your thoughts on Drew’s vote last night?

interesting time for you to speak up Taras… not before now, not any other time. Just now..
Agreed.. It did does seem like a PR campaign to gain back support.
Whether the episode edit was slanted against him or not, as he seems to claim.. He did set up Tully and his lies and deception ( the soft drink call lout was a low move ) kind of lost my high regard for him.
I'm a little biased because of my long time like and support of Tully, so "if" my assessment of Taras is misplaced I'm happy to change my opinion in the future.

Nice to see Tully post here this morning.. again she is a class act..

I loved it. It's a good alternative to uplate or confidential or one of the other extra shows. Thanks for doing these @tee_smyth @Estelle.Landy and Dave!
Channel 7 is completely missing a trick. If they want to control the narrative and stop HMs going rogue on social media (not that I‘m not loving it!) they should return to the old live format with loads of additional online content, including public interaction such as Q and As with HMs while still in the house. And just monetise it somehow. There’s obviously a lot of demand for genuine insight into HM relationships instead of the chopped up, regurgitated false narratives we’re being drip fed.

Back