Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Yeah totally. And since this version of Big Brother is so insanely simple in its story telling, it leaves NO ROOM for the complexities of strategies and relationships. Coupled with the fact that even with a nearly 90min run time we still dont get much insight into who the people are and I can see why you are all pissed off haha. Like today the question challenge was the first time that I personally thought we saw a bit of fun and insight into some people. Bloody oath though its few and far between
The eviction cycle doesn’t help nor does the insane amount of HM’s each series has. Had they gone with a BBUS/BBCAN style where a week plays out over 3 episodes and 14 to 16 HM’s they’d have more than enough time to tell a better and more inclusive story. BBAU has roughly 100 additional hours in a series over BBUS/BBCAN and yet they tell a much weaker story overall.

What I also find irritating is that the show is so transparent in it's desire to only tell stories that actually reach a conclusion. And what I mean by that is they don't show any minor storylines within the season or don't include any housemates thoughts on potentially flipping or wanting to consider other options. If a story doesn't lead anywhere they don't bother to show it. And whilst on paper it makes sense to only tell the story that unfolds in completion, I find the when the little extra pieces are missing (even if they go no where) the storyline feels incomplete overall. The fun of the US version is that a storyline early on in the series may lead to no where at all later on, but because of the live nature of the show it is possibly shown anyway.

"
The influencer is the first to admit that she did too many favours for her ex, Drew, and jokes that she acted like a “loyal Labrador puppy”.

The star helped Drew out of a tight spot multiple times, saving his new girlfriend Sam Monovoski and even Drew himself, but this was the first episode that Tully had asked for anything in return.

“I was like, ‘Look, get rid of me, that’s fine. Come for me at a later date but please let me get to the top 10. Like bare minimum, I’ve done you that many favours’,” she recalls.

In the end, Drew even convinced Reggie to vote for him so she wouldn’t have to vote Tully or Johnson out, which was a strategic move on his part. Drew knew that Tully needed six votes on Johnson if she was going to stay, and she acknowledges that he “stabbed [her] in the back.”

One of Tully’s goals was to outlast Drew, and while he’s still in the Big Brother house, she believes she still achieved it.

“Let’s be real. I did get him out first, like technically I saw him go. We waved goodbye, he was gone for three days and those three days were heaven,” she laughs.

“I still accomplished what I wanted to accomplish.”"

It's still a better pitch than Johnson's "don't you dare vote me out because I deserve to be top ten. Because I'm Johnson".
No argument there Meg. A dick is a dick is a dick. Tho I best be careful saying that on this forum where much better qualified minds would find that ridiculous and uninformed.
Its just funny to me that that both Drool and Tully were shady in emotional pleas to each other. Yet the verdict here seems to be Drew villain, Tully sanctified for some strange rationale. Its a game. I dont blame either. I just think if you enter as say 15 or so individuals, you play as such and develop relationships/alliances within the particular season.as circumstances dictate. Relying on outside connections cheapens it.
Put me in with 3 of my mates and even I might win.:D

Welcome Tarasi @DumbDumbTerry !!

I love it when HMs come here to chat and I’m a bit sad that it doesn’t happen more often. Love that you know enough about us to prep Kingston before coming on haha. I do kinda wish you came before that episode as it could be interpreted as a PR campaign to repair a slightly tarnished image,

Not that I think anything less of you after, but it was interesting to see how the tide turned against you. I think it’s a bit sad because it’s probably coming from an emotional place. Tully had a real redemption arc this season. She is BBAU infamous and I would argue has become beloved now.

The reason I found this most interesting is because I’ve wondered how much people felt afraid to make a move against Reggie due to how that would be perceived by the public. Like it’s insane that she wasn’t evicted early. I would have thought early would be the best bet as there’s a chance the public would forget / forgive you by the end. Or was that just untouchable? Or are there other reasons no one moved against Reggie?

I go on a a bit of a roller coaster with some housemates but a few eps ago I said I thought it I wanted you to win if not Reggie this season and even after this last episode I’m still there.

I liked you since watching your intro package. You wanted to play this game strategically and that’s what I personally want to see in this format. Then you’ve been a fascinating player to watch, I think you’ve had a good mix of ‘heart and head’ to borrow the phrases from this season. You seem like a bit of a goofball also, fun to live with. I really like Tim but think it would be chaos to live with him in this game and would have me constantly paranoid haha. Whereas I think you would legitimately be a fun guy to hang around.

Coming to this last episode. It must be frustrating to feel like there is more to the story that we (the viewers) don’t know and to have the result of one episode literally turn the tide against you. I’ve got little time for RTV contestants coming out and whinging about being portrayed as a villain and claiming to be an angel however. Regardless of whatever else happened or your supposed target, your actions resulted in a beloved housemate being evicted. So there’s going to be a bit of fallout.

Personally though, I applaud you for your move. It was a big move. You took your shot and it landed on the target. For me that makes you an excellent player in this format and unlike many others, only made my estimation of you rise while keeping in tension the sadness and disappointment of Tully’s eviction. (I think Zcsund summed it up best when he said that it felt premature in Tullys storyline). This is of course massively swayed by our nostalgia.

Reading between the lines, if your ACTUAL target was Johnson then that would have been pretty epic and you might have even become beloved. Bahaha.

Anyway I think it’s probably a good thing if post Tim/Estelle the reigns are tightened a bit, that was truly distressing to watch. Especially for me who holds Tim in such high regard as a massive game player and entertaining player to watch and Estelle being an absolute queen this season.

Thanks for coming Taras. Hope you stick around!

It would have been nice to see if Jules’ hustling actually paid off. We were denied.
i thought about this too..! its so annoying with the edits, we don't see the hustle until its too late!
So why not put Tim up then?
i alwaysssssss think this. it seems like the obvious move to take him out.. but then.. would the producers allow it? probably not
DID YOU GET THAT TULLY?!?!
this was toooo good haha so many throw back memories this episode.
Johnson is so entitled.. "I CANNOT be voted out tonight at no. 11"
its actually so cringe. like.. stop relying on being a super fan esp if u didnt watch the early seasons haha
She voted to save Drew and Sam multiple times. He couldn't even do it once. On top of that he came chasing after her to tell her that he had her. Then turns around and votes her out?
that do be on #gameplay lol but also he probably doesnt reeeaallyy carrrrreee? take out big players but then not win the public vote because u took out the big players doesn't seem like a big payoff for the risk of the court of public opinon.
Hello Everyone!!

I am a long time lurker (read everything from the start of this season and I LOVE IT ALL). I hope its ok that im making myself known, because even though I want to change peoples perspectives (like, I want my story to come across), I dont want anyone to be nicer to me or hold their tongue cuz Im here. I love the unadulterated love, hate, and thirst that comes through haha. Also tbh I feel like most of us housemates are here reading all this anyway.

Anyway its me Taras! And after tonights edit I HAD to come in because it was so so so so brutal haha. Also Hi Estelle haha!

So anyway, the whole Tully thing, well lets put it this way, there is NO WAY that I would put her up just because she didnt nominate me for HoH. Like NO WAY at all. I wasnt going to win HoH anyway, and I knew that. That would be so petty and dumb and TERRIBLE gameplay. Also theres also a HUGE thing I cant talk about in regards to who my target was. Obviously I cant say too much because we aren't allowed, but its weird because like my whole gameplay is totally different to what was represented but Im not allowed to talk about it. And then to see the whole Australian tide turn like that...

It can be incredibly hard because its not nice to feel misrepresented so brutally and then also have to hold your tongue, which is something that I can neither confirm or deny has happened to me haha. I dont think Ive said anything that is bad at all here though. But I knew this episode would be a big one because the narrative thats portrayed of me is not what I would say 100% accurately reflects my intentions. I mean, it sometimes never is for anyone, but thats what we get for signing up or the show!

I hope its ok that Ive finally made myself known. I was gonna ask if its ok if i stay around, but tbh, i dont want to to ask because I WANT to connect and be able to talk turkey, explain things that are allowed to be explained and give more insight (as much as we're allowed to within the rules) into whats been happening. Its such an amazing game, and I friggen LOVE the passion you all show.

Also Not gonna lie I have lol'd at all the photoshops (they ALL get a big spin in the Big Brother HM group whatsapp chat).

Im sure Ill talk to you all soon. Also, for someone who has NEVER EVER EVER been seen as someone that attractive, Im telling you my confidence is through the bloody roof in this forum. I think im gonna start an exclusive only fans just for this forum...tbh ill probably make more than the winner of BB if I do that.

Hope you legends are well, and Ill def keep chatting to you all
TARAS WELCOMEEEE i love how HMs are slowly coming out of the shadowsssss! im sorry you have to hold your tongue on things.. i hope the NDA runs out soon soooo you can get that right of reply!!!
It's still a better pitch than Johnson's "don't you dare vote me out because I deserve to be top ten. Because I'm Johnson".
HAHA this got me. "Because I'm Johnson"

Oh the tweets about Estelle being "playing the victim" to Ben Norris Taras?
Unlike some we all saw her treatment in 2012 and she didn't play anything, it exactly was.
And those tweets you have been complicit in liking and supporting them.
You mean those tweets? Want to explain the misrepresentation there?

Back