Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Channel 7 is completely missing a trick. If they want to control the narrative and stop HMs going rogue on social media (not that I‘m not loving it!) they should return to the old live format with loads of additional online content, including public interaction such as Q and As with HMs while still in the house. And just monetise it somehow. There’s obviously a lot of demand for genuine insight into HM relationships instead of the chopped up, regurgitated false narratives we’re being drip fed.
or maybe they should just realise that it should be live and not pre-recorded! Then they don't have to try and stop housemates from spilling the beans.

I do agree the timing of Taras showing up is interesting and makes me wonder if he’s trying to influence our opinions on him for the final three vote. I have said from the start Taras (and Gabbie) are the only newbies I like and though I was surprised by his edit last night I still appreciate a big move, I love a a strategic and manipulative player but he better not come for Reggie next! lol

I don't wanna be that guy, but do we have proof @DumbDumbTerry is Taras?
There were a few sceptics when Tully popped up, but no one has questioned Taras (unless I missed it)?

Anyways, welcome Taras. You've gotta be SPEWING with the edit you copped last night.
Yes. When he reached out to me I asked to verify on social media. He was very nice about it.
Just like Tully did Taras verified himself to me. Just like he was with Kingston he was happily willing to verify himself to me on socials.
Jumping on this - I was one of the few Taras reached out to privately, prior to going public last night as well. (Hope you don't mind us saying so, Taras!)

He's also verified himself via social media to me.

I do agree the timing of Taras showing up is interesting and makes me wonder if he’s trying to influence our opinions on him for the final three vote. I have said from the start Taras (and Gabbie) are the only newbies I like and though I was surprised by his edit last night I still appreciate a big move, I love a a strategic and manipulative player but he better not come for Reggie next! lol

Could just be simply jealousy over the love Estelle and Tully get for coming on here.

Could just be simply jealousy over the love Estelle and Tully get for coming on here.
We’ve had many HM’s on the forums over the years… They’re free to join in our conversation if and whenever they please. While I believe membership here isn’t a means to shut down members voicing their opinions… I don’t think we need to dissect their motivations for joining provided they’re posting constructively.

or maybe they should just realise that it should be live and not pre-recorded! Then they don't have to try and stop housemates from spilling the beans.
That was my point! The action taking place while they’re in the house, but an outlet for public interaction. The best of both worlds!

That was my point! The action taking place while they’re in the house, but an outlet for public interaction. The best of both worlds!
Apologies the coffee had not yet reached my brain today!!! I missed that bit on your comment - totally agree with your words :)

I have no idea what I'm watching any more.

I think one reason we are mainly behind all the OGs is because we feel like we "know" them from their previous seasons when we got to see a truer representation of how they reacted and behaved in the house and while we have always known that 7's version is highly edited and manipulated it seems, from comments made here and elsewhere, that we are not seeing anything even remotely like what really happened.

Very star struck right now. That aside what are your thoughts on Drew’s vote last night?
I'm not mad... just disappointed. 😂
No look, it hurt. I think had it left his decision up in the air (after our chat in the tree house) then I wouldn't have minded so much.
But the fact that he took the time to find me right before we went into eviction lockdown, grab me by the face, look into my eyes and say "I've got you"... whilst accepting my sincerest thanks... that was a bit much.
It felt unnecessarily cruel.
But then also, are we surprised? I'll just add it to the list of lies I guess! 😂

Not final three then? 🤔
You wont get a peep out of me on who's in the final 3!
Interesting Taras. Are you buttering us up for a public vote?
Absolutely not. I mean, honestly, even if I do get to the end, there are hundreds of thousands of votes that are cast and so quite a niche message board like this maybe wouldn't make a huge dent? Not to downplay this message board, because you are all incredibly active in the community. Nah I joined because I saw Estelle and Tully having a great time interacting with you all and telling their stories and giving insights, and after last nights episode where my character was ripped to shreds, I am compelled to try and salvage my name, if possible.
The reason I found this most interesting is because I’ve wondered how much people felt afraid to make a move against Reggie due to how that would be perceived by the public. Like it’s insane that she wasn’t evicted early. I would have thought early would be the best bet as there’s a chance the public would forget / forgive you by the end. Or was that just untouchable? Or are there other reasons no one moved against Reggie?
Ive been wanting to answer this for AGES. So the reason Reggie wasnt evicted or put up had nothing to do with her being strategic or socially incredible. She is an AMAZING person, so full of laughter and fun and incredible banter, of course we all know that, but she was obviously voting out newbies in a game! I dont think it has been shown enough how caring and incredible all of the housemates were in regards to her being disabled with a sick child. We knew that she was in there for something bigger than herself; that shes a symbol of the Aussie battler, who has and is continuing to have it tough, and everyone wanted her to get further because the longer shes in the game, the more chance she has of getting her voice heard, getting support in the outside world, just all good things.

I think a lot of people that have been evicted should get kudos for not putting Reg in the firing line even though she was constantly a vote against them. The same situation happened with Dave, because he is such a good force in this world for his RuffTrack kids (check it out. if you havent already).
I love it when HMs come here to chat and I’m a bit sad that it doesn’t happen more often. Love that you know enough about us to prep Kingston before coming on haha. I do kinda wish you came before that episode as it could be interpreted as a PR campaign to repair a slightly tarnished image,
That is exactly what made me come here! But not to repair a tarnished image, more so give context into it, because like I said in my first post, its hard when what is shown on screen is not nearly close to what happened. Like @Estelle.Landy, you were there, was there more to that scramble than just me and everyone trying to get out Tully? I actually didnt think it would be a problem coming in here at this point, but I totally understand now that it looks a bit suss maybe? But also like im not trying to hide the fact that Im in here to explain my moves, because they are honestly SO much more complex than just "Tully didnt vote me HoH so no I CAVEMAN ANGRY". Like let me tell you something, I got ONE vote for HoH...I knew I wasnt getting HoH that day haha. We all know where the votes are most likely to go. I WAS NOT angry or annoyed at all that I didnt get HoH. In fact, putting Tully up had NOTHING to do with HoH at all.
I liked you since watching your intro package. You wanted to play this game strategically and that’s what I personally want to see in this format. Then you’ve been a fascinating player to watch, I think you’ve had a good mix of ‘heart and head’ to borrow the phrases from this season. You seem like a bit of a goofball also, fun to live with. I really like Tim but think it would be chaos to live with him in this game and would have me constantly paranoid haha. Whereas I think you would legitimately be a fun guy to hang around.
This is very very kind of you bleachy! I am a HUGE survivor fan, and love the whole gameplay and strategy aspect of it all, but in the end, both BB and Survivor are SOCIAL games. And I knew that if I could make it past the first 2 weeks Id have a good chance of staying a while because my relationships arent explosive, i tend to them over time and get to know people deeply, because for me thats what life is about: relationships. I knew that if I had time to develop those relationships I would do well in the game, and it was fascinating for me to be able to bring. such a genuine love of people and characters into a game where youre trying to get as far in as you can. And like I said before, I am a goofball but I didnt really know it! Like its so nice to see yourself and how you interact in a show like this. In some ways, its a documentary about yourself, and for someone like me who is always trying to understand myself and why i do things, its giving me great insight into someone (me) i in some ways dont know a lot about haha! does that make sense?!
Coming to this last episode. It must be frustrating to feel like there is more to the story that we (the viewers) don’t know and to have the result of one episode literally turn the tide against you. I’ve got little time for RTV contestants coming out and whinging about being portrayed as a villain and claiming to be an angel however. Regardless of whatever else happened or your supposed target, your actions resulted in a beloved housemate being evicted. So there’s going to be a bit of fallout.
I AGREE WITH THIS 100%. I have NO problems being the villain. I think its so so so fucking cool and fun, and in this game you cant just fly under the radar the entire time. I knew that putting myself in the limelight a bit would mean I'd be polarising, ESPECIALLY with an OG cast who have already a backstory and are well known. The ONLY hard thing about being vilified last night is that its a bit harder to own it because I would not say the way it was portrayed is 100% accurate to what I wanted. To be a villain under my own actions and volition is fine, but to be one because something MAY have been misconstrued is harder. BUT even saying that, I wouldnt change anything, because even being misconstrued is an experience, and I am relishing every moment of this show at the moment.
Reading between the lines, if your ACTUAL target was Johnson then that would have been pretty epic and you might have even become beloved. Bahaha.
;)

I'm not mad... just disappointed. 😂
No look, it hurt. I think had it left his decision up in the air (after our chat in the tree house) then I wouldn't have minded so much.
But the fact that he took the time to find me right before we went into eviction lockdown, grab me by the face, look into my eyes and say "I've got you"... whilst accepting my sincerest thanks... that was a bit much.
But then also, are we surprised? I'll just add it to the list of lies I guess! 😂
🙏❤️ Still star struck!!

You wont get a peep out of me on who's in the final 3!

Absolutely not. I mean, honestly, even if I do get to the end, there are hundreds of thousands of votes that are cast and so quite a niche message board like this maybe wouldn't make a huge dent? Not to downplay this message board, because you are all incredibly active in the community. Nah I joined because I saw Estelle and Tully having a great time interacting with you all and telling their stories and giving insights, and after last nights episode where my character was ripped to shreds, I am compelled to try and salvage my name, if possible.

Ive been wanting to answer this for AGES. So the reason Reggie wasnt evicted or put up had nothing to do with her being strategic or socially incredible. She is an AMAZING person, so full of laughter and fun and incredible banter, of course we all know that, but she was obviously voting out newbies in a game! I dont think it has been shown enough how caring and incredible all of the housemates were in regards to her being disabled with a sick child. We knew that she was in there for something bigger than herself; that shes a symbol of the Aussie battler, who has and is continuing to have it tough, and everyone wanted her to get further because the longer shes in the game, the more chance she has of getting her voice heard, getting support in the outside world, just all good things.

I think a lot of people that have been evicted should get kudos for not putting Reg in the firing line even though she was constantly a vote against them. The same situation happened with Dave, because he is such a good force in this world for his RuffTrack kids (check it out. if you havent already).

That is exactly what made me come here! But not to repair a tarnished image, more so give context into it, because like I said in my first post, its hard when what is shown on screen is not nearly close to what happened. Like @Estelle.Landy, you were there, was there more to that scramble than just me and everyone trying to get out Tully? I actually didnt think it would be a problem coming in here at this point, but I totally understand now that it looks a bit suss maybe? But also like im not trying to hide the fact that Im in here to explain my moves, because they are honestly SO much more complex than just "Tully didnt vote me HoH so no I CAVEMAN ANGRY". Like let me tell you something, I got ONE vote for HoH...I knew I wasnt getting HoH that day haha. We all know where the votes are most likely to go. I WAS NOT angry or annoyed at all that I didnt get HoH. In fact, putting Tully up had NOTHING to do with HoH at all.

This is very very kind of you bleachy! I am a HUGE survivor fan, and love the whole gameplay and strategy aspect of it all, but in the end, both BB and Survivor are SOCIAL games. And I knew that if I could make it past the first 2 weeks Id have a good chance of staying a while because my relationships arent explosive, i tend to them over time and get to know people deeply, because for me thats what life is about: relationships. I knew that if I had time to develop those relationships I would do well in the game, and it was fascinating for me to be able to bring. such a genuine love of people and characters into a game where youre trying to get as far in as you can. And like I said before, I am a goofball but I didnt really know it! Like its so nice to see yourself and how you interact in a show like this. In some ways, its a documentary about yourself, and for someone like me who is always trying to understand myself and why i do things, its giving me great insight into someone (me) i in some ways dont know a lot about haha! does that make sense?!

I AGREE WITH THIS 100%. I have NO problems being the villain. I think its so so so fucking cool and fun, and in this game you cant just fly under the radar the entire time. I knew that putting myself in the limelight a bit would mean I'd be polarising, ESPECIALLY with an OG cast who have already a backstory and are well known. The ONLY hard thing about being vilified last night is that its a bit harder to own it because I would not say the way it was portrayed is 100% accurate to what I wanted. To be a villain under my own actions and volition is fine, but to be one because something MAY have been misconstrued is harder. BUT even saying that, I wouldnt change anything, because even being misconstrued is an experience, and I am relishing every moment of this show at the moment.

;)
🙏❤️ Thanks so much Taras. Where’s your accent from btw? It’s intriguing and mysterious.

TARAS WELCOMEEEE i love how HMs are slowly coming out of the shadowsssss! im sorry you have to hold your tongue on things.. i hope the NDA runs out soon soooo you can get that right of reply!!!
Thanks lidor! Ill be around after the show finishes to answer questions definitely. They wont care about those NDAs then I reckon.
Oh the tweets about Estelle being "playing the victim" to Ben Norris Taras?
Unlike some we all saw her treatment in 2012 and she didn't play anything, it exactly was.
And those tweets you have been complicit in liking and supporting them.
You mean those tweets? Want to explain the misrepresentation there?
I wrote an entire page about this, but Ive copied it to my notes, because Im very aware that this is a sensitive situation and Im not interested in creating drama or hate or us vs them, but in resolution and healing and peace. Ive copied it and will work out if and how and when to post it. I dont want to anger anyone here is the thing, and I dont want to use it as gossip.

Seven has sucked the fun out of the game with this format. Have you compared notes with the OGs? Do they say their seasons were more fun without the constant pressure of strategy? Because it absolutely comes across this way to watch this format.
The OGs said their seasons were SO MUCH MORE fun. They wernt allowed to talk about nominations, soit was all about just having a good time.Estelle said so many times in the house how you could just FEEL the public outside of dreamworld, the energy they gave. Said it was completely different to what we have now.
And I've been saying this for ever. Last night confirmed everyone sees her as the biggest threat, but it's a double edged sword to nominate her and vote her out because the viewers will hate you for it. It's an impossible situation, and pretty unfair to the n00bs in particular.
Hahaha very true, it is friggen hard being a newbie in this format. I have been saying since the start "Im more loved than I expected, but I know as soon as I do anything that'll change".
I might be reading into things but I do think some of the hms change their stories or try to wire the public in with statements as they watch the show and see how the public interpret things. So for example he inserted himself in the Tim/stele saga with tully as if to remind tully and also ensure the public know he was there for her at one point. Could it be it’s because he knew tully was now liked and he knew what was coming? Who knows really but it shows these delayed formats are crap
That was not my intention at all, but I understand why you would think that. The best (and only) way I can prove this though is by you asking me any question you like and Ill answer it honestly. Tully and Estelle are both here, so they can vouch for it or give their own 2 cents on it as well. I honestly have nothing to hide at all.

interesting time for you to speak up Taras… not before now, not any other time. Just now..
Estelle! This is a huge reason why I also have been lurking these subs and decided to come in. Ive made it clear its absolutely to get my story across, because I feel misrepresented. I love how your comment is a good underhanded way at making me look like Im here for dishonest reasons, but lets talk the talk then! Do you remember the Tully vote just then? The scramble? And do you remember me potentially saying I wasnt gunning for her? Estelle and I talked A LOT during this scramble.

This. Taras may not have owned his move, but at least he did say (in the diary room was it?) that he was going to lie and do stuff behind people's backs. Drew just straight out lied to Tully. Way to pull on someone's emotions Drew ... and you wonder why she gets on your nerves. I put it to you that it is you who gets on her nerves (and she even said that directly to you) and she reacts accordingly, causing you to go all defensive and then spin lies and bullshit to her again. Tully deserves better than that. I understand it is a pressure cooker in the house and you need to do what you need to do to get to the end, but I think you're going about it the wrong way ... the public see through it and won't vote for you if you make top three. You are probably different outside the house (and Tully did hint at that too).
THIS!!! the projecting your true feelings onto someone who knows you really well is a big defensive mechanism/ i also think its a mindfuck thing of thinking you are the one in control of everything, feelings and all but you actually aren't at all.. again it comes back to the question of true intent and the 'why'. i picked up on the different personalities outside of the house too, and i think people are seeing the 'real' drew every so often this season when the mask slips.. its sad he feels he has to have a mask in the first place. risk and gain is such a hard balance and i do not envy having to balance that.
If Johnson makes it to top three because Tim and Drew did not take this chance to do a blindside I am not sure if I will laugh or cry...
same. but also, tim and drew knew that the public would more likely vote for tully in the top three, so took the chance they did.

Hey fam,
Wanted to hop on here quickly to say a BIG thank you for all the comments- the good, the bad and the ugly.
I've been a faceless reader of this forum for literally years... I used to read this forum on the old home computer when I was still living at home!
I've always appreciated how much you guys love the show, your insight, your knowledge... the familiar usernames that pop up again and again over the years.
I know there are a few I will never win over but it's been SO nice to see a positive shift in people's opinions of me in here.
I hope you at least feel like you've seen a different side to me at least. We've all grown up together, in a weird way. I care more about all of your opinions than I do about some of my own friends and family! You guys really know your shit!
I've got a stack of interviews today but happy to answer any questions if you have them! Will check back in later today.
Appreciate all of you... yes, even @timmy and @Kingston. 😘
👑👑👑👑
Channel 7 is completely missing a trick. If they want to control the narrative and stop HMs going rogue on social media (not that I‘m not loving it!) they should return to the old live format with loads of additional online content, including public interaction such as Q and As with HMs while still in the house. And just monetise it somehow. There’s obviously a lot of demand for genuine insight into HM relationships instead of the chopped up, regurgitated false narratives we’re being drip fed.
exaaactlyyy they missed the boat totally and they are trying to catch up by cracking down.. doesnt work like THESE DAYS that channel 7 smhhhh
yeah this was a gut wrench. sheesh manipulation at its finest. how are you suppose to think when someone does this to you?

Back