Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 18 Discussion (14 June, 7:30pm)

If there were no OG's this season which three Newbies would you liked to have seen reach the finale?

• Aleisha

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Brenton

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Gabbie

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • Jaycee

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Johnson

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Jules

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Josh,Mel,Lara,Joel,Lulu or Sam

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Tully said the challenges weren’t as varied because Reggie’s disability had to be taken into account. It wouldn’t have been fair to have her sit out if the challenge was outside of her capabilities.
What’s not fair is making every single challenge a physical competition. If they were really taking fairness into account in this format - Reggie or not - they’d at least mix it up by adding some mental challenges too. Memory-based tasks… trivia… food eating challenges…! There is so, so much potential in the many types of challenges they could (should) be adding to the show that’d benefit everybody across the season.

The Drew, Aliesha fake eviction completely threw the entire game the other way against the OGs. Too much manipulation. I guess that's why it doesn't sit right.
yeah im still trying to figure out what that was lol
The whole temptation thing was very annoying.

The worst "letters from home" time-wasting borrowed from Survivor.

Didn't there used to be no outside world contact in the house?

There is no way a letter or video from home for one person is worth $80 from a small shopping budget.

Plus it makes lousy viewing watching people blubber.

Tully badly wanted it but took one for the team, and I respect that.

Many of the others were just greedy.
YEEEES its just time wasting and not that interesting as a viewer.

What is with people on these shows? They've only been gone a few weeks. I'd be treating it like a holiday from my family 🤣

I think it is the fact that everything seems amplified in the house. Having never been in there myself, I couldn't really say if that is the case. But many housemates report this. So I would suggest that not seeing your family for a week, must feel like a month. Not having food for two days, must feel like not eating for weeks. BB plays on this. He knows that if he shows letters from home, or girlfriends, or live family members, then the HMs will crumble and fall for his trap (in this case, choosing selfish wants, over great good for the house as a whole).

…the people that took the temptations should not be allowed to eat the food when those that did not get tempted have a meal… especially if it’s a KFC banquet… cheers.

I never thought of it like that. Yes, this would have been much better. BB could has done the task, completed it, told them they had $80, and then added ... "Housemates, one more thing, the $80 shopping budget is only for the people who were not tempted. They get to spend it on whatever they want. The rest of you are still on staples for the week. Reggie to the diary room. That is all." Why is it that we viewers seem to know more about how to run this show properly than the producers?

I wonder if anyone is deliberately messing up because they don’t want their partner to be immune? Aleisha maybe?

Ahh. Strategy. That is exactly how I would have played it if I was in there. I would be trying to win, at first, but would be watching my closest alliance people who I know won't vote for me and have my back. If they're winning, then no need for me to try too hard. And, that would work even better for me if I have been randomly paired with someone who I want gone.

(Randomly paired eh? I remember when they used to show us the HMs randomly choosing the balls out of a bucket. For all we know, this could even be production scripted and edited.)

They kept it quiet that Tully was going to get any noms.
Edit: Fake out, she didn’t.

Why did it say Tully 0 on the board after they announced Estelle?

Yeah, it annoyed me how they did that. They show housemates at the beginning who all got 0, and left her out. Why? Made no sense to me. I guess they wanted to increase the drama, and play dramatic music at the end as they revealed whether the last nominee was her or Estelle. All I have to say to that is, well ... fail.

Didn't there used to be no outside world contact in the house?
This version of BB breaks all the previous version of BBs rules ... so why not break just another one?

There is no way a letter or video from home for one person is worth $80 from a small shopping budget.
💯 "In a week or so I'll be seeing my <boyfriend, girlfriend, family, whomever> anyway, so I don't need to read their letter or see them now ... I choose "House Budget" as my choice". Simple, isn't it? Although, it is easy for us to say that as the amplified nature of the house would apply the pressure; and we have not personally been in there to know what that pressure is really like. Still, if it were me, pressure be damned ... here's your temptation; thanks BB; lever moved instanty to house budget without even thinking; done.

Last edited:
I think Tully said the challenges weren’t as varied because Reggie’s disability had to be taken into account. It wouldn’t have been fair to have her sit out if the challenge was outside of her capabilities.

So they tell her to roll a small ball down a thin track. What they should have done was place a hard to see through vale / mask over everyone else to even it up for Reggie.

I never knew Tim likes the boys !
tumblr_pzfinzDwyJ1y16wwuo1_540.gifv

Oh, you're not talking about the show.

Back