Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 18 Discussion (14 June, 7:30pm)

If there were no OG's this season which three Newbies would you liked to have seen reach the finale?

• Aleisha

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Brenton

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Gabbie

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • Jaycee

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Johnson

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Jules

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Josh,Mel,Lara,Joel,Lulu or Sam

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It should have been each individual as well......I felt for Aleisha, she once said she had more family vibes in the house than outside and although this might be somewhat of an embellishment the fact she stood straight out on this one might be another indication...... anyway once she did step back I think she then felt guilt in case she had potentially influenced the decision of the others, particularly Reggie as she has kids.....would have been an easy decision for me to but it should have been individual.......

I think you haven't given him enough......he knew who ever went in there would miss the immunity challenge so he picked someone he wanted up and someone he thought he couldn't beat.......the bonus was they didn't get along and would probably not join forces

I think Estelle was going to show Tim she can play the game come hell or high water! There's a reason things cap out at 100% because at 110% it's an over reach, over stretch, over pressure and usually something breaks.....Tim likes to play a fun and strat game and Estelle with integrity, the problem is BB will make a hypocrite of everyone eventually, like maybe voting for an OG instead of the party planned intruder? The old "don't hate the player, hate the game" comes to mind and I really hope we see some laughter and smiles to come especially from Estelle (or at least hear that it happened given the producers think we only wont to see drama and sloppy kisses!) ....I have loved Estelle's tenacity in the challenges...

I feel like Reggie found out or deducted that Jules voted for her?....I think the best players don't tell people who to vote for but make them feel like it's their choice to vote for who you want them to! But there's always a mental coin toss before throwing down....still I'm a vote for the enforced silent strategy of old what would I know

Yeh interesting was the start of Taras vote, that he was voting for someone he had actively supported but lamented the fact he had no reassurances back in return, wish I knew who...I thought it was maybe going to be Tully then they did the stupid "hide her zero points" because they think they're fucking cool trick....and she has seemed a bit more wise to the game this series also
I'm pretty sure Taras voted Estelle.

It should have been each individual as well......I felt for Aleisha, she once said she had more family vibes in the house than outside and although this might be somewhat of an embellishment the fact she stood straight out on this one might be another indication...... anyway once she did step back I think she then felt guilt in case she had potentially influenced the decision of the others, particularly Reggie as she has kids.....would have been an easy decision for me to but it should have been individual.......

I think you haven't given him enough......he knew who ever went in there would miss the immunity challenge so he picked someone he wanted up and someone he thought he couldn't beat.......the bonus was they didn't get along and would probably not join forces

I think Estelle was going to show Tim she can play the game come hell or high water! There's a reason things cap out at 100% because at 110% it's an over reach, over stretch, over pressure and usually something breaks.....Tim likes to play a fun and strat game and Estelle with integrity, the problem is BB will make a hypocrite of everyone eventually, like maybe voting for an OG instead of the party planned intruder? The old "don't hate the player, hate the game" comes to mind and I really hope we see some laughter and smiles to come especially from Estelle (or at least hear that it happened given the producers think we only wont to see drama and sloppy kisses!) ....I have loved Estelle's tenacity in the challenges...

I feel like Reggie found out or deducted that Jules voted for her?....I think the best players don't tell people who to vote for but make them feel like it's their choice to vote for who you want them to! But there's always a mental coin toss before throwing down....still I'm a vote for the enforced silent strategy of old what would I know

Yeh interesting was the start of Taras vote, that he was voting for someone he had actively supported but lamented the fact he had no reassurances back in return, wish I knew who...I thought it was maybe going to be Tully then they did the stupid "hide her zero points" because they think they're fucking cool trick....and she has seemed a bit more wise to the game this series also
You hit it on the head! "Tim likes to play a fun and strat game and Estelle with integrity, the problem is BB will make a hypocrite of everyone eventually, like maybe voting for an OG instead of the party planned intruder? The old "don't hate the player, hate the game"" is so so so apt.

I think you give Johnson too much credit. He did it cos they are currently hating on each other. No other reason. He was just being a prick.

The way I saw it was thus ...

If there was no production editing here then it looked like he was given a snap decision and no time to make it. So he dumped Tim and Brenton in, on a whim, because they were fighting and he thought that it would be funny. I saw a smirk on his face as he said their names. That is how it looked to me.

However, if there was production editing, then, for all we know, he could have been given a little bit more time to think about it, possibly even with suggestions from other housemates and even BB himself. So he took his time, thought carefully, made a strategic decision (ie, he picks someone he wanted up and someone he thought he couldn't beat), says their names, in they go, and BB subsequently edits the footage to make it look like he was only given a snap decision.

I see your point, and agree putting those two people in have strategic value for him ... but he didn't know if those two would be allowed to nom, or be nommed, making it harder for him to be strategic (he would have had to simply guess one way or the other) ... and, considering what we were shown looked like a snap decision, I can't help but wonder if he would be good enough, in such a short period of time, to think logically, soundly, quickly and strategically in such a confined, pressure cooker space with everybody so close and all staring straight at him. I know I wouldn't be. But, if he could and did do that, then, kudos to him ... and, sure, I'd give him credit.

Last edited:

Some good thoughts about Aleisha there. I agree. It should have been individual.

Regarding Aleisha ... I think there is a lot more to her personality than we know. It's a real shame we don't see HM conversations etc to really get to know HMs. At first, I liked her. Then she pissed me off. Then, as you mentioned, she said something about having more family vibes in the house, hinting at possibly a bad childhood or something. I warmed to her again. Then she got all upset and hissy fitty and wanted to immediately throw revenge daggers when she got nommed. Currently, she is in all fired up and loud and determined about getting rid of OGs at all damn costs mode. I am not liking her at the moment. I get her "enthusiasm" at wanting to remove OGs, but I just can't handle the way she gets so fixated on it and really fired up about it, to an absolute extreme. So I kind of have a love / hate relationship with her. It would certainly help much better if we saw HM conversations to really get to know HMs.

Last edited:

Yes, reading this forum it seems a few of us were intrigued by the opening of Taras' noms. Myself included. Does anybody here know who Taras was talking about / who he nommed ?

EDIT: Ah, thanks @MattyZee / @sav0001 , he voted for Estelle.

Er, Johnson put him in the room, as well as Brenton. Johnson might look like a mature-aged man, but he is not BB!
bb asked johnson to choose who sits out of the challenge without any other context. johnson probably just chose them as they are perceived as the bigger threats.

i dont think bb ever told johnson that tim and brenton would be safe from noms as an added bonus for sitting out of the challenge. so the decision was indeed manipulated by the producers.

tim (and especially brenton) would have likely been up for nominations had they not been protected by production here.

bb asked johnson to choose who sits out of the challenge without any other context. johnson probably just chose them as they are perceived as the bigger threats.

i dont think bb ever told johnson that tim and brenton would be safe from noms as an added bonus for sitting out of the challenge. so the decision was indeed manipulated by the producers.

tim (and especially brenton) would have likely been up for nominations had they not been protected by production here.
So... that whole room, with the giant clock, the sound effects, the bwd and ffd lever, the chairs, the decor, the matching pyjamas was set up after Johnson nominated Tim and Brenton for the waiting room?

he would have had to simply guess one way or the othe
I think given the timing its a fair assumption they would miss challenge and fair to assume it would be bull shit if they couldn't be nommed! But you're right it could have just been a for stir

So... that whole room, with the giant clock, the sound effects, the bwd and ffd lever, the chairs, the decor, the matching pyjamas was set up after Johnson nominated Tim and Brenton for the waiting room?
The whole room would have been set up already, the only thing they wouldn't have known would have been the sizes of the PJs til after Penis nominated them. Surely they had PJs for everyone and just put the right size ones in there after Tim and Brenton were nominated...

The whole room would have been set up already, the only thing they wouldn't have known would have been the sizes of the PJs til after Penis nominated them. Surely they had PJs for everyone and just put the right size ones in there after Tim and Brenton were nominated...
Well, exactly. So it was not known who would be entering that room - as it was up to Johnson to elect two people - and therefore it can't have been a plot to specifically save Tim from nominations.

On the poll, I would want Johnson and Aleisha to be in the finals. Really not a fan of the others.

Back