Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently launch episode has been revised back to 2hrs 5mins. Shaving 10mins off.
7:30 - 9:35pm

Still way too long.

This season of Big Brother will be shown on TVNZ 2 in New Zealand from May 11th:

TVNZ 2 will air the 14th season of Big Brother Australia weeknights starting at 5:00pm on May 11, removing all of its current early-evening blocks programs like The Simpsons, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.

It will air 2 days after its transmission in Australia.

Source: Mediaspy

Aussie reality shows are a nightmare now for traditional networks abroad to try and schedule due to their ridiculous and ever changing lengths meaning they often fall anywhere between the 1hr 10 and 2 hr 10 mark, and no two episodes seem to be the same length. Would be much easier if they respected the clock like most other countries managed to do and stuck to hour long or 90 minute slots.

Channel 7 has been showing quite a few promo's on free to air lately but I have yet to see a broadcast promo that features any of the Big Brother music themes at all. For the time being it seems these are only being featured on those video clips to online platforms like facebook etc. I am still waiting to actually see a proper tv ad for BB from channel 7 for this nostalgic series featuring some good old BB themes.

Let's hope they actually start to use some of the BB musical themes for the promo's and then continue with them for the whole series...

Still way too long.

Aussie reality shows are a nightmare now for traditional networks abroad to try and schedule due to their ridiculous and ever changing lengths meaning they often fall anywhere between the 1hr 10 and 2 hr 10 mark, and no two episodes seem to be the same length. Would be much easier if they respected the clock like most other countries managed to do and stuck to hour long or 90 minute slots.
I wonder how lucrative reselling to NZ really is though? And in the age of streaming, run times are becoming more and more irrelevant. They can sell to other countries for streaming with no issues about run times. Obviously itā€™s not a concern they hold.

I wonder how lucrative reselling to NZ really is though? And in the age of streaming, run times are becoming more and more irrelevant. They can sell to other countries for streaming with no issues about run times. Obviously itā€™s not a concern they hold.
last year it was streaming only in NZ so perhaps it did so well for TVNZ online that theyā€™re giving it a go on TV for some better advertising revenue šŸ¤”

TVNZ seem to be committing to it seeing that theyā€™re doing away that nightā€™s episode of H&A to accomodate the extra long launch.

last year it was streaming only in NZ so perhaps it did so well for TVNZ online that theyā€™re giving it a go on TV for some better advertising revenue šŸ¤”

TVNZ seem to be committing to it seeing that theyā€™re doing away that nightā€™s episode of H&A to accomodate the extra long launch.

I thought it was probably because of the old school BB housemates being in it this year? The people who watched it back in the 2000s are the ones more likely to tune into linear TV now? (although I'm that age bracket now and I don't own a television anymore).

I thought it was probably because of the old school BB housemates being in it this year? The people who watched it back in the 2000s are the ones more likely to tune into linear TV now? (although I'm that age bracket now and I don't own a television anymore).
Donā€™t own a TV šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

Obviously no concern with selling to streaming but it's also the sort of content traditional channels will pick up to fill hours to try and compete with streaming. MAFS has done really well for E4 over here, but oddly if it's not finished by 9pm they hold back the last 20 minutes or so until whatever they're airing at 9pm. BBVIP was scheduled here in a regular 90 minute slot (with ads) - but got axed within days, but anyone who knows BBAU knows that was a stupid buy. I'm assuming C4 didn't pick up this series as part of the deal too.

The Block is now getting an outing over here - looks like it's either in 65 or 95 minute slots so whether that's how it comes or whether it's having to be re-edited I don't know. TBH most shows that run 100+ minutes would probably benefit from at least 10 minutes being taken out.

BBC3 have also shown Masterchef Australia - airs without ads but can be anything from 50 minutes to over 90 minutes. Makes it virtually impossible to schedule afterwards.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022...on-of-big-brother-australia-is-the-best-ever/ - looks like old mate from TV Blackbox saying it's the best big brother ever (despite saying the same thing every year since 7 rebooted it). Have to see if he's right by the end of next week or just grovelling up 7's arse like usual
Heā€™s on 7ā€™s payroll and like normal heā€™s
wrong.

ETA: In the event youā€™re reading this Rob, yes, Iā€™m implying thereā€™s some payola going on here.

Heā€™s on 7ā€™s payroll and like normal heā€™s
wrong.

ETA: In the event youā€™re reading this Rob, yes, Iā€™m implying thereā€™s some payola going on here.

Yes I agree funny how a show that hasn't even aired yet is the "best ever BB" LOL! Even for many of the old school fans it still doesn't feel right when you see a preview of the housemates in the house before the show has even started, that would never happen in any old traditional real Big Brother shows that we all used to know and love.

I heard a radio advertisement for BB today and it featured Tim Dormer and Reggie talking (I think it was the same sound clip as the facebook video clip) so channel 7 are certainly trying to reel in many of the old school BB fans to watch this series. Again I still haven't heard or seen any of the original BB musical themes being used in a radio promo or a television promo. I am starting to think that they have only been teasing all of the fans online by using some original sound themes in the facebook clips and they won't actually be used for the actual tv show that will be broadcast on the channel. If that's the case then it's very sad and well you know where I think channel 7 can go with it's Big Brother series...lol

I'd say most of those here in NZ who remember Reggie and Trevor (they wouldn't remember Dave because that season never aired here) will have either children or still be working or travelling home at 5pm so I dunno how likely they are to tune in at that time specifically to boost ratings.

Yes I agree funny how a show that hasn't even aired yet is the "best ever BB" LOL! Even for many of the old school fans it still doesn't feel right when you see a preview of the housemates in the house before the show has even started, that would never happen in any old traditional real Big Brother shows that we all used to know and love
Heā€™s able to say what he said because they allow him to preview the series before it airs for the general public. Iā€™m also certain that heā€™s paid for the overwhelmingly positive promotion he gives every year.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022...on-of-big-brother-australia-is-the-best-ever/ - looks like old mate from TV Blackbox saying it's the best big brother ever (despite saying the same thing every year since 7 rebooted it). Have to see if he's right by the end of next week or just grovelling up 7's arse like usual
Genuinely not saying this to shit-stir, but that ā€œreviewā€ read like a primary school class project speech.

The endingā€¦šŸ˜‚ ā€œAnd thatā€™s why I think this is the best series ever!ā€

No depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back