Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do these shows insist on casting loads of people with similar names, and why is it almost those who begin with a J? Jaycee, Joel, Johnson and Josh - almost as bad as Jordie, Jessie, Josh, Jordan and Jay on Survivor.

I will tune in for pure curiosity to see some older housemates. But as I stated months earlier, this hybrid version is a pure cover "all bases approach." to appease generations. I dont see it working at all and will get old very quickly. Once the nostalgic pangs of seeing ol fave housemates wears off, i think interest will taper off very quickly. Desperate ratings require desperate grabs.
And as much as as I want to see former faves I feel kinda intrusive in observing it and having to see these old faves experience fond memories of their former bb time being obliterated with this kind of version.
We are all human. And I really appreciate some of these decade old contestants are possibly reliving or attempting to relive . some of their most happiest moments in their lives. I dont think any of the oldies are fame whores per se- if you are offered the money why not?
But I think most will suffer a great dissonance of their fond memory of a great time in their lives to this........jumbled venture..

Last edited:
One thing which might be a positive is at least having one episode a week where it's a confirmed non elimination (if I'm reading 'the instructions' correctly which I may not be!) episode. Last year got incredibly tedious where it was so obvious that no one would be leaving but they still played out the episode as if someone was going to go on a decent number of occasions. Hopefully we might see a bit more non strategic interaction between the housemates during that episode.

It looks like they might be going for a two episode structure which is what we've pretty much saying they need to do since Seven bastardised the format. Trouble is from the mess of the rules they've announced it looks like the format changes every other eviction cycle.

Why do these shows insist on casting loads of people with similar names, and why is it almost those who begin with a J? Jaycee, Joel, Johnson and Josh - almost as bad as Jordie, Jessie, Josh, Jordan and Jay on Survivor.
Haha I once looked this up when I noticed that at work the J file of clients was bigger than any other letter. J is the most common first initial!

Yeah
One thing which might be a positive is at least having one episode a week where it's a confirmed non elimination (if I'm reading 'the instructions' correctly which I may not be!) episode. Last year got incredibly tedious where it was so obvious that no one would be leaving but they still played out the episode as if someone was going to go on a decent number of occasions. Hopefully we might see a bit more non strategic interaction between the housemates during that episode.
Probably will get similar amount of strat chat around HOH nominations etc instead of eviction.
But hopefully they do include more natural interactions generally.

I will tune in for pure curiosity to see some older housemates. But as I stated months earlier, this hybrid version is a pure cover "all bases approach." to appease generations. I dont see it working at all and will get old very quickly. Once the nostalgic pangs of seeing ol fave housemates wears off, i think interest will taper off very quickly. Desperate ratings require desperate grabs.
And as much as as I want to see former faves I feel kinda intrusive in observing it and having to see these old faves experience fond memories of their former bb time being obliterated with this kind of version.
We are all human. And I really appreciate some of these decade old contestants are possibly reliving or attempting to relive . some of their most happiest moments in their lives. I dont think any of the oldies are fame whores per se- if you are offered the money why not?
But I think most will suffer a great dissonance of their fond memory of a great time in their lives to this........jumbled venture..
I dunno… I honestly believe that as long as especially Reggie and Tim, and even Tully and Drew stick around for a while that interest will maintain.

…if I was one of the former faves going into the house I would be going into it just for a nostalgic free paid holiday with absolutely no illusions of being able to win it again… let’s face it… you had your moment in the sun way back then when you either won / lost it back then when you were a fresh face and rode a wave of new popularity / notoriety back then… a person like Tim or Reggie might actually snag the win by some absolutely unfathomable chance of some sort of sentimentality type wave but realistically none of the faves are likely to win this are they?…

…I for one would love to see Tim snag the win because he is my all time favourite but back then when his ‘rocks’ craziness endeared him to the public because it was so fresh and offbeat back then but would not work now… he’d have to have ‘new material’ just as fresh and offbeat now all these years later but is it worth all his hard effort that he would need to put into winning it or would he just lay back and just ‘chillax’ and enjoy the ride while doing a lot of fun based ‘shit stirring’ in the background… I think he would do the latter…

…I’m going into this series without actually barracking for someone in particular to win it but just to watch the nostalgic fun unfold from the old favourites… there is that newcomer ‘Josh?’ dickhead that is bragging about taking out those “friggin nobodies” in the promos that I hate already to rant about until he finally goes but generally… apart from finding Tully to be extremely annoying… I’m going to enjoy this season and actually be enjoying watching it the majority of the time methinks… let’s see eh?… lol!… 👀👅😇🤣😂😄😜🤪 cheers.

…if I was one of the former faves going into the house I would be going into it just for a nostalgic free paid holiday with absolutely no illusions of being able to win it again… let’s face it… you had your moment in the sun way back then when you either won / lost it back then when you were a fresh face and rode a wave of new popularity / notoriety back then… a person like Tim or Reggie might actually snag the win by some absolutely unfathomable chance of some sort of sentimentality type wave but realistically none of the faves are likely to win this are they?…

…I for one would love to see Tim snag the win because he is my all time favourite but back then when his ‘rocks’ craziness endeared him to the public because it was so fresh and offbeat back then but would not work now… he’d have to have ‘new material’ just as fresh and offbeat now all these years later but is it worth all his hard effort that he would need to put into winning it or would he just lay back and just ‘chillax’ and enjoy the ride while doing a lot of fun based ‘shit stirring’ in the background… I think he would do the latter…

…I’m going into this series without actually barracking for someone in particular to win it but just to watch the nostalgic fun unfold from the old favourites… there is that newcomer ‘Josh?’ dickhead that is bragging about taking out those “friggin nobodies” in the promos that I hate already to rant about until he finally goes but generally… apart from finding Tully to be extremely annoying… I’m going to enjoy this season and actually be enjoying watching it the majority of the time methinks… let’s see eh?… lol!… 👀👅😇🤣😂😄😜🤪 cheers.
It would be interesting if the newbies were mostly all targeted by the royalty housemates. Then we were left with the original HMs who then fight it out. But I guess we'll wait and see. I do miss having some control over who we could vote to evict. But maybe they'll bring back a live version some day.

The election debate will happen after the BB 2022 launch on Monday.

I always though of Tim Dormer is a bit of a psychopath so he will likely cause chaos.

Last edited:
This season of Big Brother will be shown on TVNZ 2 in New Zealand from May 11th:

TVNZ 2 will air the 14th season of Big Brother Australia weeknights starting at 5:00pm on May 11, removing all of its current early-evening blocks programs like The Simpsons, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.

It will air 2 days after its transmission in Australia.

Source: Mediaspy

This season of Big Brother will be shown on TVNZ 2 in New Zealand from May 11th:

TVNZ 2 will air the 14th season of Big Brother Australia weeknights starting at 5:00pm on May 11, removing all of its current early-evening blocks programs like The Simpsons, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.

It will air 2 days after its transmission in Australia.

Source: Mediaspy
It'll also be up for streaming/on demand the day after the Australian broadcast the day before its on the linear channel.

This is basically the same timeslot TVNZ 2 used to put the show in its early days (2001-2003). I wonder if they'll pull the same crap that they did back then - they would never let the show run over an hour so they used to remove things that they considered redundant to shorten episodes as needed. ie for the Daily Shows that would air on Eviction/Nomination nights, they would cut that down to about ten minutes and then they'd remove that amount of footage from the live show to get it all wrapped up in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back