Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

The Witches. It was ok. The recent one.

I got a gift card for Christmas for the movies and i was going to see wonder woman because woman superheroes are always more interesting but i was put off by the bad reviews and the long run time so i saw this film instead.

i stand by my choice.

Bill and Ted Face The Music.
Basically for old times sake. It was watchable, but not the best. Still had few funny moments. Just loved them back in the day.

The Eurovision Song Contest - the Story of Fire Saga

I love it, it is great fun
A reviewer on the ABC said they had watched it 7 times during lockdown,
Any fan of the real deal will love it, they feature so many real Euro stars in cameos
Going to watch it again this week
Something in the middle made me laugh so much I almost fell off the couch
And a Song-along-with real Euro stars is a highlight

Wonder Woman 1984

I went in with expectations it'd be bad, based on stuff I had read and heard. I saw it expecting to enjoy it being bad.

It's a film that isn't well written or thought out with some bonkers choices. However, I was entertained and enjoyed watching it. Also, just entertained, not in an enjoying a bad movie way as I expected.

I love it, it is great fun
Jaja Ding Dong

I watched it a few months ago. I had put on some bleak Indonesian Martial arts film, and it just wasn't what I was in the mood for. After 30 mins switched over to this and it was exactly what locked down me needed.

Wonder Woman 1984

I went in with expectations it'd be bad, based on stuff I had read and heard. I saw it expecting to enjoy it being bad.

It's a film that isn't well written or thought out with some bonkers choices. However, I was entertained and enjoyed watching it. Also, just entertained, not in an enjoying a bad movie way as I expected.

Jaja Ding Dong

I watched it a few months ago. I had put on some bleak Indonesian Martial arts film, and it just wasn't what I was in the mood for. After 30 mins switched over to this and it was exactly what locked down me needed.

Thanks for the WW1984 review @up_all_night .......I was always going to see it anyway, but nice to hear it is entertaining
I am actually dying to see it, but I am afraid to go to a cinema yet, I have a compromised immune system and conditions that mean I am highly at risk, and likely to die if virus gets me, so I am stuck in isolation - forever it seems
Trying to find how to view HBO

I am a Volcano
I so loved the gay Russian, who cannot possibly be gay because there are no gays in Russian

Thanks for the WW1984 review @up_all_night .......I was always going to see it anyway, but nice to hear it is entertaining
I am actually dying to see it, but I am afraid to go to a cinema yet, I have a compromised immune system and conditions that mean I am highly at risk, and likely to die if virus gets me, so I am stuck in isolation - forever it seems

I am a Volcano
I so loved the gay Russian, who cannot possibly be gay because there are no gays in Russian

Wonder Woman will probably be on streaming relatively soon. Watch out for the Google playstore or iTunes. It'll probably be on there with in the next few months.

I'm not sure how to get HBO Max in Australia. Googling is giving me guides of just use a VPN. Although I think the other issue is payment. I've read elsewhere people using US iTunes accounts. US paypal accounts etc to actually sign up. I'm tempted to just sign up, see if I can.

The thing I don't know is how to set my router to use a VPN or DNS or whatever you do. Not going to sit on my PC watching stuff.

Somewhere, someone tonight
Will meet the lion of love

Last edited:
Just Go With It 2011
Was funny as, even though the ratings were rubbish. Loved it. Laughed from beginning to the nice ending.
Plus, a good soundtrack. Sting, The Police and Cold Play, my main favourites.

Just Go With It 2011
Was funny as, even though the ratings were rubbish. Loved it. Laughed from beginning to the nice ending.
Plus, a good soundtrack. Sting, The Police and Cold Play, my main favourites.
I love that movie too.

Last movie I saw: The High Note. Predictable but I enjoyed it.

ETA: And Dakota Johnson kept her clothes on!

Last edited:
Zack Snyder's Justice League

Finally got to check this out after the 4K blu-ray release. I personally really liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. So it's no surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed this. The 4 hours just flew by. Quite an epic film. I really hope that the stars that aligned to allow us to finally see this, align again for them to make a sequel.

For those unaware of what this is in relation to the film that came out a few years ago. Zack Snyder made Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. He was in the process of finishing a Justice League film and had to depart in post-production due to a family tragedy. The studio hired Joss Whedon to come in to "Fix" the film and he ended up destroying it. He did a tonne of reshoots, changed plotlines, removed plotlines added odd dialogue and scenes. Basically made a complete mess. I'm tempted to rewatch that version, apparently, after seeing this it is confounding some of the changes they made.

After years of the fans demanding it, Zach Snyder was given a bunch of money to finish his original film. Nothing Whedon did is in this. It's all the original film as Zack shot it. With an epilogue shot especially for this and some other tweaks and scenes. It's quite something to behold. As Zack could finish the film however he wanted, we got this new version split into 6 chapters over 4 hours. Which makes it easier if you want to watch in sections.

No CGI mouth on Superman. No Ben Affleck going back and forth in chubbiness and a wig. The whole flash and cyborg storylines are so much better. No pointless plot detours with a family at the end. The villain is much better this time around. It's good!

Finally got to check this out after the 4K blu-ray release. I personally really liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. So it's no surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed this. The 4 hours just flew by. Quite an epic film. I really hope that the stars that aligned to allow us to finally see this, align again for them to make a sequel.

For those unaware of what this is in relation to the film that came out a few years ago. Zack Snyder made Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. He was in the process of finishing a Justice League film and had to depart in post-production due to a family tragedy. The studio hired Joss Whedon to come in to "Fix" the film and he ended up destroying it. He did a tonne of reshoots, changed plotlines, removed plotlines added odd dialogue and scenes. Basically made a complete mess. I'm tempted to rewatch that version, apparently, after seeing this it is confounding some of the changes they made.

After years of the fans demanding it, Zach Snyder was given a bunch of money to finish his original film. Nothing Whedon did is in this. It's all the original film as Zack shot it. With an epilogue shot especially for this and some other tweaks and scenes. It's quite something to behold. As Zack could finish the film however he wanted, we got this new version split into 6 chapters over 4 hours. Which makes it easier if you want to watch in sections.

No CGI mouth on Superman. No Ben Affleck going back and forth in chubbiness and a wig. The whole flash and cyborg storylines are so much better. No pointless plot detours with a family at the end. The villain is much better this time around. It's good!

I have no opinion on it either way, but some of the media were absolutely determined to trash this film. I don't know if it's Snyder himself, or his fan base, or what he or his fan base represents, but it seems to set off a primal sense of loathing in some people.

I have no opinion on it either way, but some of the media were absolutely determined to trash this film. I don't know if it's Snyder himself, or his fan base, or what he or his fan base represents, but it seems to set off a primal sense of loathing in some people.
Tenet

I am a Volcano
(cough)
In the same way I'm watching BBaus here in California, there are links (free) to access everything
My BBusa chat friends came together in 2008 so that no one was paying for 24/7 feeds
Also, neither of the links I've posted require anything downloaded. It simply streams on your pc (sometimes three is a choice of several servers)
Ultimately we had a group of perhaps 100 who would slingshot shows from England & we'd do the same for Yank shows (stripped of commercials is also a bonus)
I'd love to see Tenet again in a proper theatre. We've opened vaccines as young as 12 so I expect theatres to be full this summer. Disney plus has some great things that would also be so much better in a proper big theatre w/surround sound & the shared experience of an audience

Last edited:
Wonder Woman will probably be on streaming relatively soon. Watch out for the Google playstore or iTunes. It'll probably be on there with in the next few months.

I'm not sure how to get HBO Max in Australia. Googling is giving me guides of just use a VPN. Although I think the other issue is payment. I've read elsewhere people using US iTunes accounts. US paypal accounts etc to actually sign up. I'm tempted to just sign up, see if I can.

The thing I don't know is how to set my router to use a VPN or DNS or whatever you do. Not going to sit on my PC watching stuff.

Somewhere, someone tonight
Will meet the lion of love
let me know if this is a TOS violation or whether it works
It is a link playing WonderWoman 1984

Last edited:

I am a Volcano
I use this link for all things telly (& I actually have HBO max but this link is less buggy lol)

There are the Marvel fanboys who just trashed everything DC. I think generally people had high hopes that Joss Whedon would somehow bring what worked with the Avengers to a Snyder film, but then it didn't work. People claim Joss deliberately sabotaged the film. Which apparently having seen Snyder's film, people are saying that may have merit. Joss just changed things for the worse all throughout the film. Even reshooting new lines into scenes that are way worse than the original ones. Who knows. Joss is a horrible person, so fuck him anyway.

I think what happened is the Marvel fanboys all used the crashing of the theatrical Justice League to dance on the grave of the Snyder DCU. You got some back and forth between the fans.

Then that god awful Star Wars film came out a few weeks later. That had a massive fan backlash. Which, unfortunately, the entertainment media and Hollywood decided to spin up a narrative that the film wasn't awful. It was the fans fault for not liking it. That they are toxic and have no right to expect to be pleased by the franchises they support. That fan service is awful. Fans should just shut up and consume whatever Hollywood gives them. Film-makers should be allowed to follow their Ayn Rand visions, do whatever they want and no one should criticise that. There were endless angles to the narrative that were created. When the case was, people simply didn't like a film that trashed things they loved about a franchise.

This however got pushed over the Snyderverse fans. They just got tarred with the same brush, they're toxic for complaining they wanted another version of Justice League than was what was given to them. As consumers, they have no right to demand or dictate what creative content is given to them.

The entertainment media is trash, there are no journalistic standards and they work with PR firms and studios to craft narratives. The way they deflected from them stuffing up Star Wars infected the whole coverage of fans. Put out a whole bunch of narratives and myths. That just got reported over and over again. Incurious people just take them on face value. "Fans are toxic."

Here we are a few years later, the dust us settling. It's now widely fine to say that they completely fucked up the new Star Wars trilogy. They are working to address the issues and damage to the franchise. See the finale of The Mandolorian season 2. That's exactly the fan service that was apparently toxic for fans to want.

Now we have the Snyder Cut and the fans were all correct that it was going to be the better film.

let me know if this is a TOS violation or whether it works
It is a link playing WonderWoman 1984

I ended up seeing it in the cinemas. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good. Mixed bag.

Last edited:

There are the Marvel fanboys who just trashed everything DC. I think generally people had high hopes that Joss Whedon would somehow bring what worked with the Avengers to a Snyder film, but then it didn't work. People claim Joss deliberately sabotaged the film. Which apparently having seen Snyder's film, people are saying that may have merit. Joss just changed things for the worse all throughout the film. Even reshooting new lines into scenes that are way worse than the original ones. Who knows. Joss is a horrible person, so fuck him anyway.

I think what happened is the Marvel fanboys all used the crashing of the theatrical Justice League to dance on the grave of the Snyder DCU. You got some back and forth between the fans.

Then that god awful Star Wars film came out a few weeks later. That had a massive fan backlash. Which, unfortunately, the entertainment media and Hollywood decided to spin up a narrative that the film wasn't awful. It was the fans fault for not liking it. That they are toxic and have no right to expect to be pleased by the franchises they support. That fan service is awful. Fans should just shut up and consume whatever Hollywood gives them. Film-makers should be allowed to follow their Ayn Rand visions, do whatever they want and no one should criticise that. There were endless angles to the narrative that were created. When the case was, people simply didn't like a film that trashed things they loved about a franchise.

This however got pushed over the Snyderverse fans. They just got tarred with the same brush, they're toxic for complaining they wanted another version of Justice League than was what was given to them. As consumers, they have no right to demand or dictate what creative content is given to them.

The entertainment media is trash, there are no journalistic standards and they work with PR firms and studios to craft narratives. The way they deflected from them stuffing up Star Wars infected the whole coverage of fans. Put out a whole bunch of narratives and myths. That just got reported over and over again. Incurious people just take them on face value. "Fans are toxic."

Here we are a few years later, the dust us settling. It's now widely fine to say that they completely fucked up the new Star Wars trilogy. They are working to address the issues and damage to the franchise. See the finale of The Mandolorian season 2. That's exactly the fan service that was apparently toxic for fans to want.

Now we have the Snyder Cut and the fans were all correct that it was going to be the better film.

I ended up seeing it in the cinemas. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good. Mixed bag.

People are just too negative on the internet.

Also, there really has been some rubbish in the cinemas lately.

Back