Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 13 Discussion (5 July) - COVID19 shutdown

Are you enjoying my thread polls so far?

• Yes, they are awesome.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, they are awful.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Maybe, they are mixed.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight’s episode severely pissed me off.

The season started with a lot of promise too. I could begin pointing out everything that went wrong with this show but I know there’s no point.

Point is, the new format/gameplay is not the issue - I’m watching BBCA at the moment and I really appreciate the concept when it’s done right. BBAU has failed to execute this show to its full potential, yet again, and it just sucks.
And just to add to this point, I feel like tonight may have been a turning point for the season. Based on this thread and everything I’m seeing as I skim through socials, the feeling seems to be fairly mutual.

I also think the way they hyped the covid drama, Sonia revealing what we would see but then deleting literally every single trace of it from the actual episode has broken down all transparency. Combined with how batshit boring the content has been lately, it’s turning people off.

And just to add to this point, I feel like tonight may have been a turning point for the season. Based on this thread and everything I’m seeing as I skim through socials, the feeling seems to be fairly mutual.

I also think the way they hyped the covid drama, Sonia revealing what we would see but then deleting literally every single trace of it from the actual episode has broken down all transparency. Combined with how batshit boring the content has been lately, it’s turning people off.

Honestly I can see the show being cancelled again next year if it stays as uninteresting and repetitive as this year.

Episode 13

Casey (0)

Xavier (6)

Kieren (Social threat, benefits his game)
Marissa (Getting better in challenges, him staying makes her game harder)
Sarah (Intellectual threat)
Sophie (Smartest guy in the game, the best outcome for her game)
Matt (Biggest threat to winning the game)
Daniel (Smartest man in the house)

Tonight’s episode severely pissed me off.

The season started with a lot of promise too. I could begin pointing out everything that went wrong with this show but I know there’s no point.

Point is, the new format/gameplay is not the issue - I’m watching BBCA at the moment and I really appreciate the concept when it’s done right. BBAU has failed to execute this show to its full potential, yet again, and it just sucks.
Did I not warn you child!

Casey and Xavier are best friends? Who knew....
Indeed. It appears Sonia knew. Or at least, she was scripted to appear to know. We will never know! Asking those sorta questions always has a response like “so how has your day been so far”?

just wanted to say hi to all the old regulars, so nice to see the names pop up again. Have missed the show but not really getting into this Survivor style. I am starting to get to know the characters but it's unusual for me not to have a favourite. I did like Angie but now no real interesting character. S

It’s been revealed by an evictee that apparently they all received video chats two days earlier, but only Daniel’s was aired - which proves the push for his win even more.

Ummmmm ok then. Why don't they just bloody give 'em all laptops and the wifi password. No contact with the outside world is obviously not a rule this year.

And LOL at the hidden immunity idol advantage hunt.

To be honest with a pre-recorded series they might as well have no contact with the outside world. Always felt that rule was in place more to prevent them finding out public opinion on them and the series rather than to cut off contact.

To be honest with a pre-recorded series they might as well have no contact with the outside world. Always felt that rule was in place more to prevent them finding out public opinion on them and the series rather than to cut off contact.
True, but at the moment it just comes across contradictory when it’s still a “rule” in place that they keep breaking whenever it’s convenient for them.

I’m not sure that’s right. I think at the beginning, being cut off from the outside world was a part of the social experiment side of the show which is basically mostly gone now. Reggie said on the Ben Rob and Robbo podcast tonight that phones and TV were cut off even during lockdown for them. There was no public opinion to hide them from yet.

The bad news is that the whole covid thing was such an anti-climax.
The good news is that the boring Xaviery has finally been evicted.

Because it’s what Survivor does and the head producer works on Survivor too, so of course they had to copy how they do tribal council too. No original ideas to be found this season.
I read somewhere that there were 3 producers? Is the Survivor producer the head though? If not, then there is an ounce of hope for the future... Otherwise I don’t believe they will listen to what the fans are requesting (other than a possible “all stars”), as with survivor they have not improved much after 4 years even after us fans have complained about certain issues time & time again...Sometimes producers just don’t care what fans are asking for.

This is where it differs to how Jeff Privst does Survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back