Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 13 Discussion (5 July) - COVID19 shutdown

Are you enjoying my thread polls so far?

• Yes, they are awesome.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, they are awful.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Maybe, they are mixed.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes us 13 eps and we get to see Xavier go all baywatch, what a bod
child 44 GIF

Krugs said on the show that there was only 9 days left. I thought there was 50 days. Or is this because it was sped up cause of Covid?
That's right, the game ended 9 days after this due to the shutdowns. But I don't believe this version was ever scheduled to last anywhere near 50 days. The original end date wasn't much longer than what eventuated.

That's right, the game ended 9 days after this due to the shutdowns. But I don't believe this version was ever scheduled to last anywhere near 50 days. The original end date wasn't much longer than what eventuated.

seriously? i feel like i only just learned everyone’s names like yesterday

I read somewhere that there were 3 producers? Is the Survivor producer the head though? If not, then there is an ounce of hope for the future... Otherwise I don’t believe they will listen to what the fans are requesting (other than a possible “all stars”), as with survivor they have not improved much after 4 years even after us fans have complained about certain issues time & time again...Sometimes producers just don’t care what fans are asking for.
I think it is rather unfair to slate her for Survivor - it is a quality production that has improved year on year and is generally compared favourably with the US version. Also unlike Big Brother it doesn't compromise the core values of the show to account for it's larger cast and episode run, and presumably smaller budget.

It will be interesting to see how ratings pan out for the rest of this series as the chatter both here and on social media has certainly died down and most of the problems that we, as fans, predicted would occur both from pre-recording a season and then editing much of the first half around just three housemates are now becoming very apparent.

I read somewhere that there were 3 producers? Is the Survivor producer the head though? If not, then there is an ounce of hope for the future... Otherwise I don’t believe they will listen to what the fans are requesting (other than a possible “all stars”), as with survivor they have not improved much after 4 years even after us fans have complained about certain issues time & time again...Sometimes producers just don’t care what fans are asking for.

This is where it differs to how Jeff Privst does Survivor.

It’s not like Jeff Probst cares about what the viewers think either, let’s be real.

The Covid-19 thing was a little strange here, I thought they would show when they were originally told about things. It sounded like they thought it was just like chicken pox until they started talking to family. Big Brother themselves seems to have told them little. The Canadian BB tried to underplay it as well to a degree but did tell the HMs more.

Based on the editing, it's clear Xavier is gone.

The whole edit of the episode was Xavier going. They were building up to him v Casey (I actually forgot her name, had to check the thread). It was likely too obvious Xavier was going in that scenario and they didn't get much footage on Casey.

Xavier wasn't that big in the edit, his big moment was a couple or so episodes ago when they had him portrayed as a swing vote, rather unconvincingly throwing himself into the DR chair in agony about who to vote for.

It was, but I shamably really enjoyed it 😆

It wasn't the worst one here, a couple of simple balancing challenges, one with their feet and one with some object they balanced balls on, have been the most boring challenges for me. They were just like cheap Survivor challenges, the other nomination challenges have been ok. Maybe having two rushing around to find things challenges in the same episode wasn't the best planning. Though I do like searching challenges.

This forum has been dead the last few days in between episodes compared to previous weeks.
Says it all - gone from the mid-30s a couple of weeks ago to low 20s last week a series low tonight. Give it a couple of weeks and Gayspie won't even remember to start the thread.
Funny you should say that because tonights episode was rather boring so i slowly read through the 20 odd discussion pages of this thread and then i zoned out and forgot to start the next thread. :) Usually i would eagerly read through the 30 plus discussion pages of the old thread before racing to start the new thread without forgetting but not tonight.

I was honestly so bored watching tonight's episode. My interest only started when it was between Casey and Xavier because I knew it was Xavier's last moments. At least we got a few lovely shirtless shots of Xav before he was evicted. Goodbye Xavier.

Daniel is so getting a winner's edit and honestly it's making me very unhappy watching this show. If he wins this it will be so depressing. I just don't know. I'm a Big Brother tragic and I will probably keep on watching but this show just didn't make feel good tonight (apart from shirtless Xavier, ha ha).

I kind of want Kieran to win now just for the LOLs and to beat the Alphas.

I got depressed watching tonight's episode. It made me feel like in 2012 when the majority of the housemates were against Estelle. It made feel like in 2014 when the show was so crappy to watch and it was terribly boring.

My family knows I am a huge Big Brother fan and it's just embarrassing watching this. I'm ashamed to say I watch "Big Brother" now because honestly the show is nowhere like it was before. It's so lame.

Channel 7 wanted their own version of Survivor and here it is but the thing is Survivor is original and way better done than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back