Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 13 Discussion (5 July) - COVID19 shutdown

Are you enjoying my thread polls so far?

• Yes, they are awesome.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, they are awful.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Maybe, they are mixed.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their opinion. Some hated it, others loved it. David was the most worthy winner in the game to date, and a lot of Survivor fans will say that.

February-March ? What happens in February to March??

I reckon Jericho was a better winner because he played against stronger players and only needed the one go to win it.

Everyone has their opinion. Some hated it, others loved it. David was the most worthy winner in the game to date, and a lot of Survivor fans will say that...
He's not the most worthy winner, everyone else are just worthy losers for not playing the game properly until it was too late!

There are occassional secret Vetos or other powers (like the Coup d'Etat, which is saving the nominees and naming your own), but they only feature very sporadically. Probably once a season in Canada but only once every 2-3 seasons, if that, in the US.

I have noticed housemates from differing alliances colluding with each other for some reason over the last two nights. Think dan and chad during the chair challenge last night plus casey and chad during the twister challenge tonight.

The show has become a completely bastardized version of itself ever since Probst took over as executive producer. The show isn't even Survivor anymore, it's just a glorified scavenger hunt in the jungle where whether your win or lose doesn't come down to how you navigate the social politics of your surroundings but whether you found the purple string in the jungle or rolled your ball into the correct slot in a table maze. The changes he implements aren't even popular ones, and they just come from stupid ideas that he gets from his celebrity friends (the Tyler Perry Idol, not giving the players their swimsuits), his own family members (that fucking stupid song they kept playing during Winners at War), and his own mind (an overabundance of Idols, the final three, the F4 fire-making... basically everything that's gotten the show to a point where it's only had three female winners in the last fifteen seasons). He can't see the forest from the trees and doesn't realize that the outcomes that he personally likes to watch unfold in person do not always translate to good TV, and despite many different sects of the fanbase acknowledging these flaws with the show, Jeff just proceeds with his fingers in his ears and doubles down on his own bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, Australian Survivor has its own issues with the imbalanced editing that's been present ever since the switch to Champions vs. Contenders, but it's not like US Survivor is this shining beacon itself.
I think we are getting into a lot of opinion here and topic is drifting considerably. I agree with a lot of your points and of course I agree things aren’t perfect, but then it’s very difficult for any show to perfectly meet all our whims and desires. The fire token thing is interesting but edge of extinction people had too much of an edge in the game etc etc. But you know what, I keep going back to US survivor and will keep doing so for a long time to come. I used to be critical of the fast pace of the US format but came to enjoy it, especially after just watching the Aus version which just drones on and on with the same favorites of the producer droning on and on, same challenge ideas which where copied and pasted from previous seasons....although David was damn fun to watch!! He is the perfect poster of what a good player should be IMO.

Anyway, back to the topic in which this diversion all started; IMO its a shame that a survivor producer with skills in producing Survivor is now the Big Brother producer. And it shows in a lot of aspects of 2020 Big Brother. Perhaps, in another light, it’s thanks to them that Big Brother returned to our screens? That deserves some thought too, I suppose. I will honestly take incremental improvements in the current format over no Big Brother at all. If they can’t do that then I will be soon lost as a Big Brother Australia viewer.

Everyone has their opinion. Some hated it, others loved it. David was the most worthy winner in the game to date, and a lot of Survivor fans will say that.

February-March ? What happens in February to March??
I say that. :happy:
I loved how David played, I loved watching him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back