Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 13 Discussion (5 July) - COVID19 shutdown

Are you enjoying my thread polls so far?

• Yes, they are awesome.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, they are awful.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Maybe, they are mixed.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8ZWjnIa.gif

Your gifs are appreciated so much. Thank you. 🙂

"Helen the Horrendous Heartless Hellhound Hag from Hell " Mr Stickfingers quote]

...haha!... Lindsay1973 l crack up each time I see my quote from way back then in your signature lol!... cheers.

Where was ANYTHING they promised in the promos? It was all
"You will NOT BELIEVE what happens next". What, they get a phonecall from home? Oh my god.
So true lol, now I don't believe anything they say. It is always going to be a such abig drama, and then just nothing, same all empty episode :confused:

Good grief, the Virus show.......7 did fuck it up, lol, just as expected

So fucked up.....I forgot bb began at 7 pm (due to no actual interest in this crap)
I missed the first 10-15mins, and......far out, I missed everything virus related
How stupid and soulless this crap is, not even equivalent to a Macca meal
This is worse than junk fast food bb, this is like those tragic frozen burgers in supermarkets.....that I would not even give to a dog
This is bb, not BB.....
This is like that shitty first ever attempt at survivor aus, that was laughable....long ago before 10’s fab production
Was that 7 or 9, filmed in a dire location SA I think, only watched bits and final

I liked the way Daniel tried to cut a deal for himself and Mat with Chad and Sophie. Showed how well he was thinking about the game. I hope he goes far and eventually wins it because he deserves it.

I also enjoyed how the covid stuff didn't take up too much time but obviously significantly impacted the game. They dealt with it but didn't dwell on it.

The musical chairs challenge was fun to watch and showed a sense of creativity from the big brother team.

The interactions between all the housemates are now becoming more complex and more real. The way they each use strategy on the show is giving us all who pay attention a window into their true personality.

I think it is rather unfair to slate her for Survivor - it is a quality production that has improved year on year and is generally compared favourably with the US version. Also unlike Big Brother it doesn't compromise the core values of the show to account for it's larger cast and episode run, and presumably smaller budget.
All stars was a great season. Fantastic challenges and really good cast. Season before that was average. In general it sticks to the same formula year on year - noticed the formula with a tribe member who was evicted getting saved and sent to the other tribe? They do that every year!
It suffers the same issue of not getting to know certain cast members that get left out. Same dramatic music, but it is far more suitable to the survivor show.

All Stars was the best season yet but it would be a stretch, in my opinion, to say that it is improving.

All stars was a great season. Fantastic challenges and really good cast. Season before that was average. In general it sticks to the same formula year on year - noticed the formula with a tribe member who was evicted getting saved and sent to the other tribe? They do that every year!
It suffers the same issue of not getting to know certain cast members that get left out. Same dramatic music, but it is far more suitable to the survivor show.

All Stars was the best season yet but it would be a stretch, in my opinion, to say that it is improving.

What? All stars survivor sucked. Predictable winner. Boring gameplay.

At least the season before that was a bit more interesting than that.

Were you high during February-March or?

I agree with you, I loved it so much :D

What? All stars survivor sucked. Predictable winner. Boring gameplay.

At least the season before that was a bit more interesting than that.
Everyone has their opinion. Some hated it, others loved it. David was the most worthy winner in the game to date, and a lot of Survivor fans will say that.
Were you high during February-March or?
February-March ? What happens in February to March??

Last edited:
Who am I going to wank to while watching big brother now that Xavier has gone? Yes I could do it to Daniel and Chad because they are both really hot but unfortunately they open their mouths to much and somehow manage to sound more stupid than Xavier did.

Disagree, he very frequently asks fans what they want to see. And regularly implements the changes. Lots of stuff on YT about that.

The show has become a completely bastardized version of itself ever since Probst took over as executive producer. The show isn't even Survivor anymore, it's just a glorified scavenger hunt in the jungle where whether your win or lose doesn't come down to how you navigate the social politics of your surroundings but whether you found the purple string in the jungle or rolled your ball into the correct slot in a table maze. The changes he implements aren't even popular ones, and they just come from stupid ideas that he gets from his celebrity friends (the Tyler Perry Idol, not giving the players their swimsuits), his own family members (that fucking stupid song they kept playing during Winners at War), and his own mind (an overabundance of Idols, the final three, the F4 fire-making... basically everything that's gotten the show to a point where it's only had three female winners in the last fifteen seasons). He can't see the forest from the trees and doesn't realize that the outcomes that he personally likes to watch unfold in person do not always translate to good TV, and despite many different sects of the fanbase acknowledging these flaws with the show, Jeff just proceeds with his fingers in his ears and doubles down on his own bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, Australian Survivor has its own issues with the imbalanced editing that's been present ever since the switch to Champions vs. Contenders, but it's not like US Survivor is this shining beacon itself.

Prediction for what they’ll do next year: there won’t ever be a POV comp, instead each week they’ll hide the POV idol around the house and whoever finds it gets to use it.

Good god! You just know they are going to do that. If BB is pre-recorded POV should be some kind of challenge so the housemate can save themselves.

Do they even have “idols” in the US Big Brother or is just another blatant rip-off of Survivor?

Good god! You just know they are going to do that. If BB is pre-recorded POV should be some kind of challenge so the housemate can save themselves.

Do they even have “idols” in the US Big Brother or is just another blatant rip-off of Survivor?

They do not have idols. They hold a POV comp each week.

Surely some people know about 'finding competitions' on Big Brother. The Canadian version had it as a twist to find an advantage. The US version frequently does a more interesting take where each HM hides the veto and everyone has to find everyone else's, the one left unfound at the end wins and gets immunity. The AU version could have done that but I suspect they didn't want to film a long competition. They actually hid it in a very obvious place as well, underneath a pot plant. The problem wasn't the competition, it was more the producers making it too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back