Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 13 Discussion (5 July) - COVID19 shutdown

Are you enjoying my thread polls so far?

• Yes, they are awesome.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No, they are awful.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Maybe, they are mixed.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why give them calls? Producers could have contacted the families to confirm they were all ok and passed that on... but noooooooooooooo....
I guess they wanted them to find out if their loved ones had died on camera.

I really believe they've officially jumped the shark. Interest has dwindled almost universally the last couple weeks.

A lot needs changing next season, and if they deliver the same thing it will be dead yet again.
This forum has been dead the last few days in between episodes compared to previous weeks.

Whaaaat? Did Dan just make a deal to make an alliance with He, Mat, Sophie and Chad? Did he cut out Xavier and Casey?
Wow.
Fair play that's the first interesting thing Dan has done and the first example of people playing the game. That's a wise move on his part and if he was in the final two in a jury situation it's the move he'd be quoting as getting him to the end.

Out of everyone in the house, Dan has probably tried to cut the most deals. He's made deals with everyone at one point or another. Why the hell does anyone trust him?
Again that is actually good strategy.

The fact this thread will barely reach 20 pages by the end of the episode speaks for itself.

😴
Says it all - gone from the mid-30s a couple of weeks ago to low 20s last week a series low tonight. Give it a couple of weeks and Gayspie won't even remember to start the thread.

Am I missing something? Why would Chad put Sarah up knowing she could remove herself. Wouldn't he have been better sticking Dan or Matt into that equasion? Or was that to throw them off track that he was gunning for that alliance?
This all seems to highlight flaws in production. So last time they cut the nominees to two, with the presumption that would be the game from here on in, yet an episode later they've changed the rules back to introduce this secret Veto. So inconsistent. Also was this advantage just valid for this round of nominations or could she use it in the future? If it could be used in the future and Chad knew that I guess he wouldn't have nominated her.

Fair play that's the first interesting thing Dan has done and the first example of people playing the game. That's a wise move on his part and if he was in the final two in a jury situation it's the move he'd be quoting as getting him to the end.
Oh yeah, totally a good strategic move for him. Definitely saved him tonight and probably sealed his fate to make it to at least final 4. I just thought it was interesting given I would have thought he would have been big on ‘loyalty’. So an interesting move for his brand, but definitely the right move.
Xavier admitted in his exit interview that he would have done the same.

This is one he'll of a crazy series. I'm just getting to know who's who due to the stupid format and it's about to end!
I love BB and have missed it like all of us, but is this it?

Constipasey proved everything Ange said about her. I'll only allow her to get away with it tonight because it meant the cabbage patch demon was evicted.

Keiran and Marissa have a real shot at Top 3 if they can get Sarah on their side (maintain the illusion that Sarah, Dumb and Dumber are the core alliance, but throw D&D to the wolves if the Alpha's win a challenge). I'm concerned that Keiran is too wishy washy and Sarah isn't brave enough to make that kind of move though.

Why would you delete that? That scene is more interesting than 90% of the stuff that has made it to air. 7 has no clue.
Maybe as it's all about digital nowadays Seven pull the most interesting scene out of the episode for their website.

I guess they wanted them to find out if their loved ones had died on camera.
Well of course, having lost two days of taping, they needed to pad out this ep. And who doesn't love messages/calls from home???

...Sonya spouting on about “this is the most ‘dramatic’ and ‘not miss’ episode in the ENTIRE history of Big Brother!”... on ‘Sunrise’ all week I knew for sure that it would be a shit episode... cheers.

Interesting though that as the TV ratings go down, Big Brother is the most streamed show on Free To Air TV. The last episode had a VPM rating of 116,000 compared to 70,000 for Masterchef. This indicates that a lot of younger viewers are watching it online, in similar fashion to shows like Love Island. This was probably a big factor in 7 renewing the show.

The first 10 episodes are also the top 10 most streamed shows for the last month.

I think Chads strat was to just put two Alphas up. Doesn't make much sense to put 3 when he knew of Sarah's power, it would just mean an unnecessary third target on his back with two people potentially gunning for him instead of just one.

Except Casey is not an alpha. She's in that alliance, but at the bottom of it, and is constipated.

xavier.jpg

Thankyou King Xavier for making this season watchable. 🥰🥰 The real winner of BBAU2020 👑🤩

They had better cut the ridiculous music and dramatic shots next season.
Doubt it. Amelia’s style for Survivor is to embellish it further, recycle the music with a few tweeks and cut down on decision making. I’m afraid that this might permanently hurt the Big Brother brand in Australia to be honest, I fear it does not bode well.

Presentation of Covid was a wasted opportunity. Classic Big Brother would have a news reader informing the housemawhile while we see their reactions. Housemates could individually enquire about how their families might be doing and from there could be offered phone calls etc via completing some task.

Too right. I keep thinking back to 2014 - I know it's considered the worst BBAU, and I'm sure it still is, but as this season progresses I really think 2020 will be remembered as being up there too.

Probably a controversial opinion - the cast this season is actually alright, with better diversity than the 9 era. Could've been good with the old format + audience voting...

I don't even need 5 or 6 episodes a week, just more time on social dynamics per episode and less time on gameplay.

Sidenote: I missed the 2nd half of this episode. Thought I hadn't refreshed properly when I saw the thread was only 20 pages 😬

Tonight’s episode severely pissed me off.

The season started with a lot of promise too. I could begin pointing out everything that went wrong with this show but I know there’s no point.

Point is, the new format/gameplay is not the issue - I’m watching BBCA at the moment and I really appreciate the concept when it’s done right. BBAU has failed to execute this show to its full potential, yet again, and it just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back