Skip to main content

In The News

I don't mind the old dear, she means well.
Her life isn't like ours, it would be disingenuous of her to pretend it is, even for one day.
She's hardly going to post cheerio from her dunny wearing trackie daks and ugg boots.
(Though that would be pretty cool actually).

Reactions: kxk
So silly, we don’t want people thinking the monarchy is simply some kind of manifestation of inherited wealth and power.

I don't mind the old dear, she means well.
Her life isn't like ours, it would be disingenuous of her to pretend it is, even for one day.
She's hardly going to post cheerio from her dunny wearing trackie daks and ugg boots.
(Though that would be pretty cool actually).

Would love to see UK rise up and take-over all the palaces for the homeless and poor
And put the royals in council flats with 9 to 5 menial meaningless jobs.....who would last/flourish? And who would likely hang themselves rather than live like an ordinary person?
Or
Harry starts the revolution, hands back everything to the people - and acknowledges the royals have inherited their wealth through murder and mayhem, and becomes PM

The room is DRIPPING in ostentatious gold and wealth, tasteless and gross, the revolting gold piano was the final straw that is making people feel icky.....they should be addressed as "Your Murderingest" not ....majesty

Of course you do, predictable reepbot.
Does not like change, and thinks rather like a 90 year old woman, conservative, the Queen likely watches exactly the same old TV

Her gold rooms Trump would admire, they have the same garish taste

I often wonder,do they feel like fools when they are paraded around as tourist attractions?
How peculiar it must feel, quite like performing monkeys.......perhaps that is why they become arrogant, that is their only defence from feeling ridiculous

hooray for the queen and her long service to the commonwealth. i find it admirable how she has put duty over her own feelings. not many people would be able to do that. truly a special woman.

She certainly is dedicated to maintaining her family’s privileged position. I’m sure she thinks she’s doing the nation a great service, it’s a common delusion amongst the filthy rich.

my heart swells with monarchistic pride whenever the queen appears on the news. truly a remarkable human being, and she does it with such subtle grace and dignity.

i for one hope that the british monarchy rules forever!

Brit royals have not 'ruled' for centuries.
Old Lizzie enjoys the privilege of reigning no power, she is the equivalent of a performing seal.

hooray for the queen and her long service to the commonwealth. i find it admirable how she has put duty over her own feelings. not many people would be able to do that. truly a special woman.

Example? Her needs and feelings are pampered to in every possible way, I doubt she has any actual 'duties", just the one yearly parliamentary performance that is entirely unnecessary.

She has no clue about the real world, I was at Uni when she visited our campus............they friggin had us in lockdown and we could not escape until her circus moved on.
And, before she arrived - they removed speed bumps,she can't be jostled like that (cost thousands); removed anything ugly like signs etc; shipped in hundreds of pretty pot plants to cover anything ugly and just to decorate......and so on
So, she never sees the real world.......and she has make-up so thick it may be some kind of plaster, clown like and garish....and cement hair

it sounds to me like you are a bit intimidated by a strong woman such as the queen, kxk. her strength in her nation's time of trouble and heartache has been inspirational. Her strength has shone through and she has been a shining light in moments of darkness.

Just because all of that was done before the Queen visited it doesn't mean she required or expected it. That could have just as easily been some other person or people making random decisions on what they thought best.

Everyone views the world through thier own unique lens based on thier knowledge and life experience. Of course her life is going to have given her a different view, it doesn't mean though she cannot see what is going on in the world. After all its obvious even she thinks Trump is a twat!

Back