Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be on the list, as should Natalie Imbruglia/Bachelor Girl/Wendy Matthews/Margaret Urlich and others. It's obviously quite a Triple-J/rock radio oriented list and they tend to not appreciate mainstream female pop singers.

It's just a terrible list. Their reasoning for their choices makes no sense. Whoever did it has no idea and clearly did not grow up in the 80's/90's

It should be on the list, as should Natalie Imbruglia/Bachelor Girl/Wendy Matthews/Margaret Urlich and others. It's obviously quite a Triple-J/rock radio oriented list and they tend to not appreciate mainstream female pop singers.

There does seem a ridiculous slant towards male singers on that list.

Hunters and Collectors should have been way higher and I instinctively have a problem with crowded house being classified Australian, as I grew up with split enz being quintessentially kiwi, but to call an album recorded in NZ an Australian album like this list does seems even weirder.

I agree with others this list has a bias towards a specific genre of music, but really doesn't celebrate the richness of the music that came from Australia during this time.

Hunters and Collectors should have been way higher and I instinctively have a problem with crowded house being classified Australian, as I grew up with split enz being quintessentially kiwi, but to call an album recorded in NZ an Australian album like this list does seems even weirder.

I agree with others this list has a bias towards a specific genre of music, but really doesn't celebrate the richness of the music that came from Australia during this time.

I hope you can forgive me for calling Margaret Urlich Australian. I did it on the basis of seeing Crowded House on the list, and thinking that any Australian-slash-New Zealand artists should be eligible. But yes, there is a difference.

And surely in putting Night of the Wolverine ahead of The Soft ‘n’ Sexy Sound they are simply trying to court controversy!

SURELY?!?

Yes, I know very likely I’m the only one here to whom this means anything.

I hope you can forgive me for calling Margaret Urlich Australian. I did it on the basis of seeing Crowded House on the list, and thinking that any Australian-slash-New Zealand artists should be eligible. But yes, there is a difference.
lol that one didn't bother me as I didn't make the association as strongly. I noticed her on your list and thought hmm I thought she was kiwi but maybe she isn't, and just moved on....

I am going to do a top 50 movies. And I'll do it differently to my top 50 tv show thread. I'll post my countdown with the movie trailers with a 14 word description underneath.

I watched it's a wonderful life on Netflix. First time I've ever seen it. I liked it. The movie actually reminded me a bit of doctor who. As in it was quite positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back