Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've told you once before and I will tell you once again. None of us care about what Inigo thinks. It is a very repetitive, boring subject.

Not even inigo cares about what she thinks of herself? I hope not. That would be a bit troubling.

I am not a fan of improv in comedy movies. Feels too self congratulatory. Like they are patting themselves on the back.

I don't often laugh at comedies. I'm not a laughing person.

Discerning is more apt, good comedies are rare.
I have sat in live comedy performances, listening to an audience group laugh at ANYTHING & NOTHING
Some morons either find stupid not funny stuff to their liking, or they laugh as a nervous habit, for they laugh at utter CRAP

SHAUN OF THE DEAD. Is my favourite modern comedy, I can watch the opening sequence over and over and laugh, when they think they have a stupid drunk woman in the backyard, she is a zombie
It has a great cast, is English, and is silly funny, all great elements

Have you watched the Mighty Boosh reepbot? Funny and very weird....
and IT Crowd, when they fooled their dumb boss that the world internet was entirely contained in a tiny box

Shaun of the dead is on Netflix I think. I should watch that.

I have not seen the mighty boosh. But I have seen IT crowd.

Shaun of the dead is on Netflix I think. I should watch that.

I have not seen the mighty boosh. But I have seen IT crowd.
You would LOVE Mighty Boosh, it is surreal, absurd, and utterly fascinating

MAIN CHARACTERS
p01lccl4.jpg

source.gif

MV5BMGY2MDFhZDEtMDJhMy00MzEzLThjZWQtOWEzNDczOTNlMDQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_UY268_CR6,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

DVDs

My favourite character

tumblr_nouoemZjjH1uvnyljo1_500.jpg

PerfumedDecentBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

And SHAUN OF THE DEAD
by Simon Pegg and his fat mate, you have mentioned other films by them, nothinh they have done is as awesome as this movie

The cast includes Dylan from Blackbooks, and heaps of great Brit actors, even Bill Nighy, and some others from doctor Who.
First part is simply hilarious.....

I forgot to do that reading list from childhood, do you want it in PM or here?
Will finish it and send on the weekend:)

Have you ever used, IRC, @kxk? I was thinking that could be a good alternative to use if this forum ever went down. It is easy to use, and less intrusive than Facebook.

Reactions: kxk
No idea what that is, ie IRC

I do use Quora....nice convos there

And pop into reddit every now and again, never posted, just read stuff

And I have insta/twitter mainly for news and for Nick, soundcloud too

And I read digitalspy forums, and rarely post

toastmaster speech:

Wally the wombat stood in front of the mirror wondering how he was going to cope being president of the Dame Judi Dench appreciation society. This whole leadership thing was rather a new concept for Wally. Growing up he’d always been happy to be a follower. But now he realised if he was ever going to be a good president he would need to learn how to be a leader. Sure, he knew what to do as president just from observing his predecessors. It was the how to be a president that was trickier to understand.

“I think that a trip to the library is in order.”

Wally went to the library. However, once inside the screams from the patrons and a broom attack by a librarian put an end to that idea. Hiding in the bushes from the incoming animal control van, Wally started thinking of how else he could learn about leadership.

“I guess if I could find a computer it might give me some more information.”

Unfortunately, by the time Wally thought of that brilliant idea it was almost time for his meeting. He crawled underneath the bushes and waddled off to a nearby building. Once there he opened the door where was greeted by a group of wombats. Wally had once been told that a group of wombats was called a wisdom of wombats. That confused him as wombats were not as a general rule very wise. In fact,, wombats were really rather stupid. In this room alone he could see no less than five wombats dressed as characters from movies starring Dame Maggie Smith. There was even a wombat dressed as a transformer!

This was no time for reflections or recriminations though, and soon enough Wally banged the gavel on the lectern to bring the meeting to order.

“Welcome one and all to the Dame Judi Dench Appreciation Society! Please be seated. Thank you. Now, have we got the minutes for the last meeting William?”

William, a rather idiotic wombat, looked at Wally for a couple of seconds before replying:

“No.”

“And why not?”

“Because I ate it.”

“You, stupid boy. Ok, well moving on. As you know next….”

But Wally was interrupted by the coughing of an elderly wombat by the name of Wesley.

“Yes, Wesley? Did you want to give your treasurers report now?”

“Oh no, no. I can do that later. I just have a few quick things I’d like to say. Won’t take too long. Now, if you turn over to….”

Wesley then proceeded to go into a very long and very boring speech that no one in the club cared about. Still, it did give some of the wombats an opportunity to indulge in their favourite past-time: napping.

Forty-five minutes later Wesley finally sat down. Wally gently banged the gavel to waken the other wombats up.

“Wakey wakey. Ok, as I was saying, next week is the annual Dame Judi Dench festival and our club is going to be running the interpretative dance section. Any volunteers?”

Wally looked around the room. Not one paw went up.

“Why don’t you do it?” said a voice from the crowd.

“Who said that? You know I can’t do it on account of my lumbago.”

More voices started shouting out from the audience:

“Bollocks!”

“Dench would be ashamed of you!”

“You aint got lumbago!”

“Ok, fine, fine. I’ll volunteer. Now, anyone else?”

This time many paws went up in the air. Wally spent the next few moments writing them down.

“Thank you for that. Jolly good. Ok, now, our first item on the agenda is Wendy who is going to give us a review of the fifth season of 'As Time Goes By'. Wendy?”

“She’s not here. I told you that before.”

“You did no such thing Wesley.”

“I did, you just didn’t listen.”

“It’s true, Wally. He did say it. I have it in the minutes here.”

Wally took the minutes from William and read them.

“Well it seems as though I was mistaken. Apologies for that Wesley.”

The rest of the conference continued as normal. A wombat named Wilma gave a presentation on why the Second Exotic Marigold Hotel was better than the first. They all played a game where they all tried to act out scenes from Chocolat. There was also a local wombat delicacy for them to have during the break: scones with jam and cream.

Waddling home from his meeting Wally had tried to work out if the last couple of hours had helped him to learn about leadership. He had learnt a few things, namely that being leader involves listening to other wombats and setting a good example for the rest of he group. However, all this thinking about leadership was giving Wally a bit of a headache.

“I think, I shall take a nap when I get home.”

And that is what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back