Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 20 Discussion

Well, so would we all! :roflmao::roflmao:
I'd be watching the faces of the jury to glean hints as to what the lie of the land is.[DOUBLEPOST=1476008046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Isn't it the ability to nullify a vote, or to make an extra vote? I can't remember which - could be really handy if he ever was dreaming of making a move.
Nullify or is it to prevent someone from voting?

Except, Lee's never won individual immunity, El has and has been closer than most more than a few times.

I agree with this so maybe El goes next.
But I think the girls know the jury would vote for Lee as a winner over them. But they could beat El, I'm guessing?

If El goes, Lee could pull the boys together and make a 3-3 tie, but cancel a vote and take control. El can't do the same if Lee leaves. I don't know if he can give the advantage to someone else if he's voted out.

This is why they need Krystie for the next vote. They want to keep the girls up in number. They will have enough votes to beat Lee even if El votes with him and he cancels a vote. They would be 4-2 (with one vote not counting)

If they get rid of Kyrstie first, they have to worry about the boys getting together against them and Lee is the only one who can do that. I don't think Sam or Matt have it n them to take control of the game. Possibly Lee does?

I could be all wrong here as Lee maybe doesn't care about winning. But taking out El might motivate him.

I was thinking exactly that as I watched too. We would be better at this game than these idiots.
She agreed with me. The bit that gets me in this whole thing is that when the campaigning begins and people agree to vote a particular way, that is if they aren't in an alliance, and by the way, loved that Flick was forced to admit to a smaller alliance. Not that it did JL much good, the cockheads voted for the alliance they may cling on to. Anyway, I digress. Where was I...and then they vote for the alliance choice. Kristie and Sue have both done it and it's disappointing.

She agreed with me. The bit that gets me in this whole thing is that when the campaigning begins and people agree to vote a particular way, that is if they aren't in an alliance, and by the way, loved that Flick was forced to admit to a smaller alliance. Not that it did JL much good, the cockheads voted for the alliance they may cling on to. Anyway, I digress. Where was I...and then they vote for the alliance choice. Kristie and Sue have both done it and it's disappointing.
I wouldn't say it's disappointing, this is a more civilized version of Lord of the Flies in a lot of respects. If you don't think you have the numbers, you vote with the groupthinking.

I think I am done watching this show after tonight. Everyone knows Lee will go tomorrow then El and finally Kirstie. Then the girls will use Sam to vote out Matt and then they will vote Sam out. Brooke will then win. Boring. For a show that started out so great, it's a pity to see it ending with a whimper due to a producer twist that wasn't planned out very well.

Ridiculous... Whh not al least try something. JL could have told Lee her and Kristie would vote for Flick. Then up to Lee and El If they want to make a move against old Snapple
They haven't listened or tried anything before. I truly think they don't want to win, don't want to flip control and don't want to upset the status quo.
I think they have all been well manipulated into thinking they are better than they are.

They have to be willing to take action in their own hands, but they let so many opportunities go by.

But also, the resistance didn't organize. Nick didn't join with Sue and JL and vice versa. Kate tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen.

The Snapple Four have had a dream run, and they don't seem to appreciate even that basic fact. Success breeds success in Survivor - you win a challenge and you win some fishing gear, or some comfortable bedding, or a tarp, or a food reward or ten, and then you sleep better, you are better fed. and so you win another challenge, and another - and meanwhile you don't go to Tribal council night after night, week after week, getting weaker and more demoralised.

They're just so ignorant and smug! So damn pleased with themselves. Flick and Brooke, really. The two males just seem oblivious and dull.

I think I am done watching this show after tonight. Everyone knows Lee will go tomorrow then El and finally Kirstie. Then the girls will use Sam to vote out Matt and then they will vote Sam out. Brooke will then win. Boring. For a show that started out so great, it's a pity to see it ending with a whimper due to a producer twist that wasn't planned out very well.
Kyrstie could be in a good spot.

She is the swing vote between two pairs if it goes down as you think- which I agree with.
If they get rid of Lee and El, at final 5, Kyrstie will decide who leaves if the pairs stick together. It might be easier to use her to vote out Matt or Sam than turn them on each other?

And possibly another idol could be in play?

I'm just saying there is small hope. I think Krystie could win the jury by not betraying anyone. It's happened before. She just has to get there.

I wouldn't say it's disappointing, this is a more civilized version of Lord of the Flies in a lot of respects. If you don't think you have the numbers, you vote with the groupthinking.
It is disappointing. You are let down. You place hope and faith in someone doing the noble, brave, daring thing and they end up being gutless wonders. Go in with nothing, leave with nothing if it ends up that way. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you win, it's a bonus. I'd rather leave as having tried, not lying down and letting them walk over me.

She is the swing vote between two pairs if it goes down as you think- which I agree with.
If they get rid of Lee and El, at final 5, Kyrstie will decide who leaves if the pairs stick together. It might be easier to use her to vote out Matt or Sam than turn them on each other?

I'm just saying there is small hope. I think Krystie could win the jury by not betraying anyone. It's happened before. She just has to get there.
LOL! I almost posted the same thing about 10 mins ago, but I got distracted again. She's playing a good game by sitting back and letting things happen, the various factions will need that outsider vote.

I doubt that Kristie can make it to the final. Especially with the interview Sue gave where she said everyone will be rolling their eyes in how the last few episodes play out.

It is disappointing. You are let down. You place hope and faith in someone doing the noble, brave, daring thing and they end up being gutless wonders. Go in with nothing, leave with nothing if it ends up that way. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you win, it's a bonus. I'd rather leave as having tried, not lying down and letting them walk over me.
Um, there is no "noble" in Survivor, and not much in real life either. In Survivor it's all about still being there after tribal.

I doubt that Kristie can make it to the final. Especially with the interview Sue gave where she said everyone will be rolling their eyes in how the last few episodes play out.
Perhaps she doesn't believe Kristie is playing a good game?
Reality is, the only "good" game is the one you win.

Hang on, people are forgetting that the original blue tribe was not winning, it was yellow trouncing them for ages.
Yellow fucked up, and see ya last yellow.
The old blue tribe didn't have it easy always as some people seem to forget. And Flick almost got the Flick very early.
You guys are now so invested in barracking for losers, you are getting a bit blinkered.
Take a good look at them - all are thin and bedraggled, nobody is at a picnic.
Give some credit to good game play, stamina, athleticism, and sheer guts - Brooke is a machine in challenges, that kind of concentration, focus, and physical ability is really something.

And all of those boys are followers, not a leader amongst this leftovers, girls have outplayed these boys big time.
Those that wanted to lead, were too manic and had no social game. Craig was the best dude.

Back