Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 20 Discussion

Oh well, at least JL went down swinging. The majority alliance missed their opportunity to make a move, but JL and Kristie obviously knew it was a foregone conclusion, hence voting for each other in an attempt to save themselves rather than waste two votes.

These people are so frustrating!

Hang on, people are forgetting that the original blue tribe was not winning, it was yellow trouncing them for ages.
Yellow fucked up, and see ya last yellow.
Vavau was winning a lot, that's true, but they didn't deserve to be subject to the absolutely unfair hand picked tribe twist for the one challenge they did lose. The producers should have stepped in after maybe 3? or 4? challenges when it was patently clear that the game was going to be so incredibly boring and predictable as a direct result of this "reward". PRODUCTION FAIL. They ruined this season.

Vavau was winning a lot, that's true, but they didn't deserve to be subject to the absolutely unfair hand picked tribe twist for the one challenge they did lose. The producers should have stepped in after maybe 3? or 4? challenges when it was patently clear that the game was going to be so incredibly boring and predictable as a direct result of this "reward". PRODUCTION FAIL. They ruined this season.
And then people would have been whinging that it was "fixed"
Can't win.
By the way, considering the "alliance" is pretty much all that is left, how many jury votes do you think they'll get at the end? :roflmao:

And then people would have been whinging that it was "fixed"
Can't win.
By the way, considering the "alliance" is pretty much all that is left, how many jury votes do you think they'll get? :roflmao:
US Survivor switches it up, and switches it up again for exactly this reason. I don't think people bitch about that.

Was that a look between El and Flick?

I had a moment of false hope when Flick gave Brooke a "yeah right bitch!" look during their girl power talk. It seemed like the perfect moment for her to flip. But no, apparently it's all good between them, and she rolls her eyes at her friends too.

It took him this long to figure that word out by spelling it in the sand, but he'll catch up eventually.
Apparently he learns "blindside" next time.
This was his moment though. With a tight pair in El and Kyrstie and JL and his advantage he could have voted out Flick, Sam or Matt. He could be running the game now.
Next week, he won't have the numbers even with his advantage. The best he could do is force a tie if Kyrstie voted with them, but why should she?

I had a moment of false hope when Flick gave Brooke a "yeah right bitch!" look during their girl power talk. It seemed like the perfect moment for her to flip. But no, apparently it's all good between them, and she rolls her eyes at her friends too.
She has no friends, just co-conspirators.

They have, if their favourite is disadvantaged, but the point is, were these switches decided on before the game started or to influence the game? That we'll probably never know.
They switch very predictably at certain numbers. Which number is in effect depends on each season but it isn't random. Some seasons they swap twice.
Edit to add: they have never allowed one tribe to hand pick their tribe in a swap. That was ridiculous.

This was his moment though. With a tight pair in El and Kyrstie and JL and his advantage he could have voted out Flick, Sam or Matt. He could be running the game now.
Next week, he won't have the numbers even with his advantage. The best he could do is force a tie if Kyrstie voted with them, but why should she?

Yep, I can easily see Lee & El being voted out next, they missed their chance. JL spelled it out to them so clearly, it's their own fault.

They switch very predictably at certain numbers. Which number is in effect depends on each season but it isn't random.
Yes, but it's not based on who's on what team and how they're going, which was my point.
How would this season have gone if the other side won that challenge?

Yes, but it's not based on who's on what team and how they're going, which was my point.
Sorry I misunderstood you. I agree. That was terrible game design and we said so at the time.

Yep, I can easily see Lee & El being voted out next, they missed their chance. JL spelled it out to them so clearly, it's their own fault.
I live in hope, and you never know but as I said in another thread, if he was smart* he'd play his advantage at the final 6 TC. Him, El and one other could take out Brooke or Flick by denying one of their votes.

*I never said he was smart, just to be clear

I'm pretty sure they have swapped them around when it has become lopsided in some seasons.

And if Vavau had won that challenge it's hard to say what would have happened, would have depended on who they chose and if the mean girls got split up. Was a stupid, stupid reward. STUPID.

I think I am done watching this show after tonight. Everyone knows Lee will go tomorrow then El and finally Kirstie. Then the girls will use Sam to vote out Matt and then they will vote Sam out. Brooke will then win. Boring. For a show that started out so great, it's a pity to see it ending with a whimper due to a producer twist that wasn't planned out very well.

I hope it doesn't play out like that, but it does seem likely. That's what happens when no one is willing to make a big move.

Hang on, people are forgetting that the original blue tribe was not winning, it was yellow trouncing them for ages.
Yellow fucked up, and see ya last yellow.
The old blue tribe didn't have it easy always as some people seem to forget. And Flick almost got the Flick very early.
You guys are now so invested in barracking for losers, you are getting a bit blinkered.

Oh, come on. For the vast majority of the game Snapple have been on easy street.

Flick was mooted at one point, but Bianca was quickly booted for daring to suggest that Brooke and Flick made a dangerous combo and were running the tribe.

There were two voted off Snapple (Peter quit, making three), two off Agony, and one of Vulva before the utter decimation of Vulva began - and in all that time, while Snapple were winning food rewards and bedding etc, Kristie was on Vulva starving.

Yes, they are all thinner and stragglier, but Snapple got reward after reward after reward, and the only reason there are four Snappers left in this final grouping is they started peeling of uncool people in their own tribe, like Kylie.

Yes, Brookie is good in some challenges - so was Jennah-Louise, Kate, and even Tegan. They just weren't in the tribe that was able to keep all its members and cherry pick the best of the other two tribes in that stupid challenge win that led to the final decimation of Vulva, along with some very poor choices.

Anyone who has dared speak out against the monopoly of Flick and Brooke has gone. Long gone, in many cases. And they built that power base from a position of privilige, within this game, and they show that by the way they smirk their way through their talking heads, their private conversations, their little comments in tribal, etc etc etc.

Back