Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 20 Discussion

Yeah, but that's the game. Part strategy, part social, part sportiness, and part luck of the draw.
No, bad game design isn't luck of the draw. That's what irritates me. If the pick had been random or they did another random swap, I wouldn't be so frustrated. By taking the random element out, they made a huge mistake that they failed to correct.
So now they are reduced to week after week of JLP practically begging them to do something and creating a reason to send people to maybe find an idol and switch up the game.

No, bad game design isn't luck of the draw. That's what irritates me. If the pick had been random or they did another random swap, I wouldn't be so frustrated. By taking the random element out, they made a huge mistake that they failed to correct.
If they wanted to do a pick, they should have said "the first two teams get a reward", and then allowed the two winning teams taking turns to pick people from the losing tribe.

So now they are reduced to week after week of JLP practically begging them to do something and creating a reason to send people to maybe find an idol and switch up the game.
Well, yes, it is. If they decided 3 months prior to the selection of contenders that at week *whatever* they were going to have a challenge where the reward will be one of the 3 tribes get to cherry pick a new tribe....see where I'm going with that? It could be random under these circumstances, and we don't know if they change things on the fly or have a set plan.
JLP is doing pretty much what Jeff does. Provoking a response, I've always felt Jeff (and now JLP) are asking what WE would, or what they think the viewers would.

Vavau was winning a lot, that's true, but they didn't deserve to be subject to the absolutely unfair hand picked tribe twist for the one challenge they did lose. The producers should have stepped in after maybe 3? or 4? challenges when it was patently clear that the game was going to be so incredibly boring and predictable as a direct result of this "reward". PRODUCTION FAIL. They ruined this season.

They ruined my ideal version of how this season might have played out, along with most of my favourite and many far more interesting players - but it is still pretty fierce, I think.

I noticed JLP mentioned the see-saw tonight. Jeff would have called it a "teeter-totter".

If they wanted to do a pick, they should have said "the first two teams get a reward", and then allowed the two winning teams taking turns to pick people from the losing tribe.
This is Survivor, not the Brady Bunch.[DOUBLEPOST=1476011984][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't recall Cindy and Bobby being there for that challenge.
Don't do that EVER again!
Nearly had a bloody heart attack!

Keen as. Stuck in time, residing in the Wild West. Our folk reckon daylight savings sucks. We've got enough ozone layer free sun to bask in, don't need more daylight. Tan is Propah.

But when it comes to TV broadcasting, I feel like we really are an independent state. A bunch of cowboys, stickin it to the man over east, soooo far away. 3 hours. Where's that time machine at.

This is Survivor, not the Brady Bunch.[DOUBLEPOST=1476011984][/DOUBLEPOST]
It wouldn't have changed the fact that Vavau lost, but they would have been fairly distributed/absorbed into the other two tribes. Who knows, Snapple might still have gone on to dominate but surely it wouldn't have been 100% one sided...

Well, yes, it is. If they decided 3 months prior to the selection of contenders that at week *whatever* they were going to have a challenge where the reward will be one of the 3 tribes get to cherry pick a new tribe....see where I'm going with that? It could be random under these circumstances, and we don't know if they change things on the fly or have a set plan.
JLP is doing pretty much what Jeff does. Provoking a response, I've always felt Jeff (and now JLP) are asking what WE would, or what they think the viewers would.
You don't think they added in the challenge to get another player from the other tribe at the last minute to try to balance things or at least save Phoebe?

You don't think they created the exile beach just to try to get an idol in play and maybe change things up?

These were both last ditch chances to try to change the game. At least that is how I saw it.

Back