Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 5 Discussion

I don't agree it was dumb. It worked, just like it has in the past.

No, it didn't. She was in no danger at all.

You have to think long-term. Now both Saanapu AND Vavau know she has the idol; which ruins the element of surprise should she wish to use it to blindside someone at a later point in time.

No, it didn't. She was in no danger at all.

You have to think long-term. Now both Saanapu AND Vavau know she has the idol; which ruins the element of surprise should she wish to use it to blindside someone at a later point in time.

But she didn't know she wasn't on the chopping block. Or about the twist just like everyone else. She shows the idol her tribe figure they may as well go plan B, because if she decides to play it....yadda, yadda, yadda. Tribals are always a gamble.

Australian Survivor ‏@Survivor_AU 2h2 hours ago
Two tribes, one tribal council
1f525.png
1f4dc.png
This is going to be verrrry interesting... #SurvivorAU

CrGg7OHWAAMnuHW.jpg

So for you Survivor nerds. At tribal council do the people with the immunity idol normally wear it in full view or do they keep it hidden until/if they use it?
Almost always they keep it hidden to use strategically. Like 99.99. Putting it out doesn't protect you if your tribe is organized because they will split the vote and target your closest ally and you. So you have to play it for yourself and your ally leaves.

I can't think of anyone who wore the immunity idol to tribal. Maybe someone is thinking of the immunity necklace which gives people individual immunity.

I'm trying to figure out who went home. Can someone help me out? It seems like two tribals in a row where no one left and they still have this enormous cast. Really poor planning if I'm right.

No one went home tonight @Rose711 . Two members of each tribe swapped.
Connor and Sam swapped with Tegan and Nick.
Really silly to do this after not sending someone home yesterday. Two shows with no evictions.

Just my view. Have to see the episode but they still have too many people.

The best tag line for survivor is "who goes home tonight." That's what pushes the drama

Last edited:
She did, didn't she. It was excellent to see.

Yes she did. She carried some planks.

...I never saw that... all I saw was that one of the guys on her team was carrying some planks and all she did was put her hands on the side of them for a brief second as if to push them in the direction that they needed to go but if she did then I stand corrected... cheers.

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. Give 'em a twist, a flick of the wrist, that's what the doctor said, oy!

...hahaha!... I didn't think that anyone would pick up on that... lol!... well done Khun Khun... (you have a great singing voice too)... cheers.

Just settling in to read 15 pages - FIFTEEN PAGES!!!! - of comments on tonight's episode. Well done guys. I'll be a-likin' like mad.
Not much to say about tonight's "twist" as I'm disappointed that they didn't get rid of anyone. I'd have been more than happy to see Flick & Nick gone, Sadly Flick & Brooke are still together, that partnership needs to be dissolved.

Back